• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

i hope fallout 4 is the highest rated game of all time so i can have a new vegas 2

i have patience, i'll wait for the end goal, i just want to see the wheels set in motion

More work from the best RPG company on the planet would certainly be welcome.

Milamber

7gcVw9D.jpg

Tomorrow is gonna be fun.

That notepad he's holding appears to be a shield slot item.

zkylon

zkylewd
If it is the highest rated game of all time then you won't ever get a New Vegas 2 because they will just make Fallout 5 the exact same way, probably even faster.
then i lose nothing

like, i'm pretty happy with the three fallout games i got

if there are more great, if not, i still got the good old fallouts

i don't lose anything for wishing beth the best, and i have everything to gain!

dex3108

Rise of the Tomb Raider reviews in 20 minutes wooohooo :D I just want to hear more about game.

P.S. My prediction around 85 Metacritic/Opencritic XD

Tizoc

Rise of the Tomb Raider reviews in 20 minutes wooohooo :D I just want to hear more about game.

P.S. My prediction around 85 Metacritic/Opencritic XD

I mean I'm ready for it to be an Uncharted copycat again, but I still wouldn't get it unless it's $15 or less if it is :X

Are mushrooms really that bad for you guys?
They're one of my main protein diets. I have at least one mushroom dish in a week. They're good.

Tizoc

Are mushrooms really that bad for you guys?
They're one of my main protein diets. I have at least one mushroom dish in a week. They're good.

I mainly have mushrooms on pizza, burgers or steak. I could see mushrooms being healthy, but at their best they add a unique flavour to the meal one is having.

abracadaver

So I finally enabled the option to have Steam start up with windows but it's always minimized in the right corner. Can you set it to show the full main window (library) instead?

dex3108

Reviewers have been making vague comments about it being good for a while now, so I wasn't that worried about it.

Of course, I'm never going to buy an Xbone, so...

But many reviews are mentioning that Tomb Raider still has identity crisis. It tries to be too many things at once.

Uzzy

Lot's of 9 for Rise of the Tomb Raider. It is nice to hear that.

It's one of those heavily cinematic games that's easy to play and reassuring with constant xp notices. Reviewers tend to love those, with the exception of The Order:1886.

Still, it looks like it has actual tombs in this time for a bit of a challenge, so might be worth picking up. Can't be as bad as TR2013, which is probably my most hated game ever.

dex3108

It's one of those heavily cinematic games that's easy to play and reassuring with constant xp notices. Reviewers tend to love those, with the exception of The Order:1886.

Still, it looks like it has actual tombs in this time for a bit of a challenge, so might be worth picking up. Can't be as bad as TR2013, which is probably my most hated game ever.

I enjoyed TR2013 but it wasn't TR game i wanted to see. And based on few reviews i saw Lara is still "mass murderer" just because level designers put tons of enemies so there is more "gameplay" there.

Well, Destructoid says it's only better because of the additions, otherwise it doesn't fix the problems they had with the last. Eurogamer didn't even give it the recommend label.

Tizoc

Lot's of 9 for Rise of the Tomb Raider. It is nice to hear that.

From what I gathered it's more of the same only better, so my previous post still stands; grabbing it on Steam for $15 or less. Uncharted style gameplay tends to be a 1 time playthrough for me :X

Deques

What's the status on Darksiders 2 DE? Are the
true
loyal fans still screwed? Or are they working out a solution?

Chariot

What's the status on Darksiders 2 DE? Are the
true
loyal fans still screwed? Or are they working out a solution?
Yes.
They first tried to have people send them proof that they got the game and season pass, but they were bombed by emails, so they are working out something else. But something's happening. But hey, try to shoot a mail with proof to support@nordicgames.at just in case

Tizoc

Yes.
They first tried to have people send them proof that they got the game and season pass, but they were bombed by emails, so they are working out something else. But something's happening. But hey, try to shoot a mail with proof to support@nordicgames.at just in case

I did that a few days ago.
No reply yet, but I hadn't checked my email in a while.

Deques

Yes.

I already sent them an email

I browsed their community forums and saw that someone suggested to use same method as Neocore did with Van Helsing Final Cut, that uses a redemption page. But I guess a big corporate like Nordic Games is incompetent to implement such web page :/

Chariot

I did that a few days ago.
No reply yet, but I hadn't checked my email in a while.
As I said, they drowned in the amount of mails and last thing they said was they are looking for another solution. I mean, between genuine customers who may sent different kind of credible and less credible proofs, joksters, and people who try to exploit the situation, it's far too much work to do manually for the people who usually just handle regular support. I hope they really figure something out that makes sense and not just wait until everyone forgot.
I already sent them an email

I browsed their community forums and saw that someone suggested to use same method as Neocore did with Van Helsing Final Cut, that uses a redemption page. But I guess a big corporate like Nordic Games is incompetent to implement such web page :/
Would be nice if they would use that suggestion.

Dr Dogg

Ah to be a gamer in the 21st century. Some of the most emotionally charged, flippant minded and insecure people you could possibly meet on the interwebs. Of course not all of them but a fucking huge deal more that bookworms, movie buffs or music nerds. I have never seen a group of enthusiasts in all the hobbies I've got an interest in so absorbed in review, approval and validation of a product. Guessing metacritic numbers and wanking themselves off to review scores if they meet these built up expectation in their heads or being bulshy and dismissive if the game they really wanted to big the next best thing turns out to be a stinker.

Chariot

Ah to be a gamer in the 21st century. Some of the most emotionally charged, flippant minded and insecure people you could possibly meet on the interwebs. Of course not all of them but a fucking huge deal more that bookworms, movie buffs or music nerds. I have never seen a group of enthusiasts in all the hobbies I've got an interest in so absorbed in review, approval and validation of a product. Guessing metacritic numbers and wanking themselves off to review scores if they meet these built up expectation in their heads or being bulshy and dismissive if the game they really wanted to big the next best thing turns out to be a stinker.
Have you seen europaen football fans?
Dritte Halbzeit, yo!

Tizoc

You forgot about people who obsess over Media Create sales figures.
Spaltoon sells 5K more copies? TIME FOR A FIESTA!

Sober

You have a lot of faith if you think the "nerd" supercommunity in general is any good at forming their own (i.e. personal) opinions on anything. I have rarely found this to be a case, and if anything, they get even more defensive when someone offers a dissenting opinion.

Chariot

You have a lot of faith if you think the "nerd" supercommunity in general is any good at forming their own (i.e. personal) opinions on anything. I have rarely found this to be a case, and if anything, they get even more defensive when someone offers a dissenting opinion.
He has a point though. I don't think review scores and numbers are as aggravating and obsessively fought in other nerd circles. Even Moviefranchise nerds that like to throw around opening numbers and such know that those are not necessary a sign for quality.

Arthea

I missed that Ace Of Words giveaway, for once there is a giveaway of a game I don't have, one I would play also! ... and I have to miss it.

Monooboe

I think for games, review scores do matter more than for other media. I mean a bad score for a game usually coincides with bad sales and that can sink a studio, while I movie could get awful scores but still be a box office hit.

While I agree bad score for a game doesn't mean it's a bad game, for example Murdered Souls Suspect. But yeah, people on the net can be intense to say the least.

Dr Dogg

Oh I'm certainly not going to deny that but generally those groups tend to gravitate to stuff like Gredo shooting first, why did Dumbledor get offed and why do Nickleback so sell so many records. More often than not it's bickering over objective fact than subjective review scores. When movie nerds only see a film as having 'made it' from record opening weekend grosses at least they're pretty much an objective quantity, their opinion on the matter may be twisted as fuck but at lest they're argueing over a quantifiable metric. Some folks just on here will get banned just arguing over a score, not the reason the reviewer came to the score, just the score. That's fucking crazy for any uber fan community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom