• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fallout 4 Framerate thread gets worse and worse. Now people say that the "hate" (technical criticism) Bethesda and the game gets is just because the game is popular...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
well bayo i tried that peppermint tea, at first i wasn't digging it but by the end I thought it was alright, I actually do prefer the lemon zinger one though, but I liked it enough to drink it from time to time to mix things up.

And that's why Disgaea won't sell.

So it seems that I have been playing Rebel Galaxy the wrong way.

It's a complete different game once you leave first system. When you side with Militia all you get with increased ranks is higher chance to bribe them, and if they are patroling near an area you are having a fight, they might pop in to help.

But Red Devil Cartel is a true criminal organization. The moment you get into a fight, 20-30s later they show up, and they show up BIG. It's the wolfpack spirit. When a pirate finds a pray or gets into trouble, everyone comes to help out. I tested this for 4 hours, in various systems, roaming the map or doing missions and it happens every single time.

So for example, I fly around and notice some traders ducking it out with Korians. Korians have a dreadnought, 2 assault frigates and various fighters. As soon as I engage, in ~20s I see blue dots (my buddies) warping in. And they don't joke. 1 Savage Horizon, 2 destroyers, couple corvettes and the bunch of fighters.

I verified if it was just luck for them to come and stop by. If somehow they were on their way to attack some station or patrolling. Nope, they came for me. No matter where I went in system or jumped to another, if I was doing missions, attacking randomly stuff, my buddies would show up.

To conclude, it's a complete different game siding with Red Devil Cartel, you are no longer alone like a silly do-gooder, Militia is always too busy to help out and Citizenry have their own agenda. But pirates stick together! Doing a very high risk delivery? Just survive a bit until your buddies arrive then show the attackers who they messin' with!

So like most MMOs?

Pretty sure you usually can't connect to the other servers (at least the Asian ones) easily most of the time. Depends on the game though.

Not really.
Only a few mmos have region restrictions. Most NCSoft ones don't, as well as many other big ones like Guild Wars 2, WildStar, SWTOR, ArcheAge, Skyforge, Rift, LOTRO, etc. There's only a handful region restricted mmos that I can remember now, like Tera, Vindictus, and the Secret World.

Not really.
Only a few mmos have region restrictions. Most NCSoft ones don't, as well as many other big ones like Guild Wars 2, WildStar, SWTOR, ArcheAge, Skyforge, Rift, LOTRO, etc. There's only a handful region restricted mmos that I can remember now, like Tera, Vindictus, and the Secret World.

Ah yeah you are right. I miss understood the whole thing. I thought you were expecting one server for everything.

Lomax

The Fallout 4 Framerate thread gets worse and worse. Now people say that the "hate" (technical criticism) Bethesda and the game gets is just because the game is popular...

To an extent that's true. No one would be talking about it right now if it wasn't as popular as it is. There certainly wouldn't be dissections of the game to this degree if it wasn't heavily anticipated. That doesn't mean any statement is or isn't valid, but the point is, the conversation wouldn't even be happening right now if not for the large amount of interest.

Not really.

It's almost always only eastern MMOs that have different distributors in different regions (often EU vs US).

And that's why Disgaea won't sell.

olYwxzf.png

I'm going to go cry myself to sleep tonight now.

To an extent that's true. No one would be talking about it right now if it wasn't as popular as it is. There certainly wouldn't be dissections of the game to this degree if it wasn't heavily anticipated. That doesn't mean any statement is or isn't valid, but the point is, the conversation wouldn't even be happening right now if not for the large amount of interest.

It's almost always only eastern MMOs that have different distributors in different regions (often EU vs US).

It's definitely true. There are people on this board who seem to align their opinions with the masses, seemingly for the ability to identify with the majority.

Lomax

The Sun at Night is on my short list to play sometime soon.
Also Poof vs. the Cursed Kitty and Schrodinger's Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark.

I couldn't get into The Sun at Night, I liked the idea, but the controls just never felt right to me. It might actually be one of those games that would work best on a steam controller because it felt half good on kb/m and half good on a controller.

The Sun at Night is on my short list to play sometime soon.
Also Poof vs. the Cursed Kitty and Schrodinger's Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark.

Added to my list of random late night hijinks.

Re-watching and it's still hilarious. Completely forgot about the guy blowing satan.

Game definitely has ambition but it all comes together in such a horrible, weird way.

I can't wait to see what glitches happen when I play through it.

aw350

Banned

I mean, wow. Does it include free games or something?

This might be a counting error (ie, they count system components that the package depends on, which would be there without the package, too). I wouldn't think much of it.

--
Also, if you need disk space, try Disk Cleanup before anything else. It's a system tool:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3012-disk-cleanup-open-use-windows-10-a.html

(Previous Windows installation is usually the first victim, and it's damn bulky.)

--
wow wtf lol. is that windows 10 you are using? also how you get there to check that info?

It's Windows 10, yes. Settings - System - Apps & Features, sort by size.

wow wtf lol. is that windows 10 you are using? also how you get there to check that info?

This might be a counting error (ie, they count system components that the package depends on, which would be there without the package, too). I wouldn't think much of it.

--
Also, if you need disk space, try Disk Cleanup before anything else. It's a system tool:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3012-disk-cleanup-open-use-windows-10-a.html

It's actually not mine, someone posted it from that thread if you click on the picture.

Looks like he is downloading a controller.

How many GB is a Car?

If a $60 controller is worth 7GB, then a car that costs 500x of that would need about 3500GB.
Totally worth it, I'd say.

zkylon

zkylewd
i hope fallout 4 is the highest rated game of all time so i can have a new vegas 2

i have patience, i'll wait for the end goal, i just want to see the wheels set in motion

i hope fallout 4 is the highest rated game of all time so i can have a new vegas 2

i have patience, i'll wait for the end goal, i just want to see the wheels set in motion

If it is the highest rated game of all time then you won't ever get a New Vegas 2 because they will just make Fallout 5 the exact same way, probably even faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom