• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

I feel like im the only one here who is looking forward not only to F4 but also to the new SC2-Expansion. First we get LOTV. Then we get the 3 Story-DLC's next year. And then we get Warcraft 4. #Believe

Chariot

I think for games, review scores do matter more than for other media. I mean a bad score for a game usually coincides with bad sales and that can sink a studio, while I movie could get awful scores but still be a box office hit.

While I agree bad score for a game doesn't mean it's a bad game, for example Murdered Souls Suspect. But yeah, people on the net can be intense to say the least.
Probably because most professional reviewers are untrustworthy as Blatter and give AAA games 9s and 10s blindly. I always love the discrepancy between reviewer and user metacritic score, which would a reason to give even less of a shit about reviewer scores.
I feel like im the only one here who is looking forward not only to F4 but also to the new SC2-Expansion. First we get LOTV. Then we get the 3 Story-DLC's next year. And then we get Warcraft 4. #Believe
I am holding out for Stellaris and Total Warhammer.

L.O.R.D

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1137362

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12833-1426647088-9.gif

da fuck ? that can't be true ?
even my thread about dirty consoles is more believable
but this ? how ?

unless there is too much humidity in the air , in that case all the area will be infected

Yup! Mushrooms are great.

I love mushrooms, they are delicious.

Mushroom club!

I'm checking the Eat Smart menu and it seems that any sandwich with shrooms in it has more calories?

Depends on the mushroom, I guess.
There are LOTS of mushroom variants out there. There are like 3 kinds of mushroom variants that regularly consumed in my city.

What VPN should I use to unlock Fallout?

I'm using vpn gate. Most people are using that frog thingy vpn app, though.

bloke

Careful, Modbot picked wrong pictures
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

SpellForce 2: Demon of the Past -- MB-D086D6F49FE66A53 - Taken by Saty
Shadowgate: MacVenture Series -- MB-F9CF1600D2705812 - Taken by texhnolyze

Ribeiro

Spares
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ribeiro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Euro Truck 2 -- MB-C42C3258E7714F60 - Taken by Popstar
Towerfall Ascension -- MB-D427D3911A093110 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-088F2CCB102F1CAD - Taken by nightstorm
Bionic Commando Rearmed -- MB-7DF14C5A63537475 - Taken by Naaq

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-9EEB0F1A07F2759E - Taken by data

Dr Dogg

I spent nearly an hour making a Steven Universe emblem in BLOPS3. To be more accurate, a Garnet emblem.

I spent 2 hours pimping my gun. Surpring amount of stuff you can do and for die hard lunatic gun nuts you can even give it a name (called my The Dogg-O-War). Then when I went to unlock it for use in the campaign it told me I don't have those attachments unlocked and gave me a diet caffine free version. 2 hours down the shitter :(

Careful, Modbot picked wrong pictures

That ModBot's a joker.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What VPN should I use to unlock Fallout?

FlyVPN's free accounts have servers in AU/NZ, but there is a 20-minute session limit to be mindful of. VPN Gate isn't a service provider per se but rather relies on "volunteers" to make their connections available as bespoke VPN servers and there may not be an AU/NZ one to select from when the time comes. VyprVPN also has a free trial and although I've never used it myself, the overview of features suggests the only noteworthy limit is bandwidth (500MB).

Ribeiro

FlyVPN's free accounts have servers in AU/NZ, but there is a 20-minute session limit to be mindful of. VPN Gate isn't a service provider per se but rather relies on "volunteers" to make their connections available as bespoke VPN servers and there may not be an AU/NZ one to select from when the time comes. VyprVPN also has a free trial and although I've never used it myself, the overview of features suggests the only noteworthy limit is bandwidth (500MB).

How much earlier is the Unlock in AU/NZ anyways? (GMT+1)

(You guys should probably share a good VPN. I use the PIA and its like 60EUR for 1 year with a 5 computers at same time option, its not expensive.)

aw350

Banned

I also am looking forward to the new addon for SC2 - as well as the mission packs that they talked about.

Hey, if they do WC4 after, I am game, too!

Chariot

It's 15-20 minutes long, so 5x is much.
Well, maybe I am still a fast reader, but putting my own performance aside, five times your greatest evaluation is not even two hours. It can still be great, Shan Gui was pretty short and still entertaining, but I think it would be good to know that the game is going to be rather short.

Well, maybe I am still a fast reader, but putting my own performance aside, five times your greatest evaluation is not even two hours. It can still be great, Shan Gui was pretty short and still entertaining, but I think it would be good to know that the game is going to be rather short.

Btw. some news regarding Shan Gui. From what I talked about with the dev of that game, seems the publisher didnt pay the devs anymore even though its still being sold...

Thats China...

Man I'm super interested in LOTV but it's releasing at such a bad time. Everyone has to pick and choose what to spend their money/time with in this fall release window. Plus I was kind of hoping there would be a physical battlechest once all 3 games were out but that's not happening.

Would murder puppies for Warcraft 4 though.

Btw. some news regarding Shan Gui. From what I talked about with the dev of that game, seems the publisher didnt pay the devs anymore even though its still being sold...

Thats China...

Not surprising but of course it sucks big time.

Has anyone figured out how to skip the intros in Blops 3?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
And then we get Warcraft 4. #Believe

You know, with the Warcraft movie actually being a thing, one would think this would be the best time possible to bring Warcraft back. Then again Blizzard doesn't give a fuck about good "marketing opportunities" so....who knows.
I'd be down for Warcraft 4.

dex3108

You know, with the Warcraft movie actually being a thing, one would think this would be the best time possible to bring Warcraft back. Then again Blizzard doesn't give a fuck about good "marketing opportunities" so....who knows.
I'd be down for Warcraft 4.

If rumors are true they will remaster old games and release them instead :D

Knurek

If I want to move my Witcher 3 game files to the SSD, can I just drag and drop the main folder or do I need to reinstall the game?

For Steam version move the game folder and the corresponding ACF file, restart Steam
For GOG version either move the game folder and let Galaxy do the rest, or just use symlinks.

Lain

So like most MMOs?

Pretty sure you usually can't connect to the other servers (at least the Asian ones) easily most of the time. Depends on the game though.

Depends on the MMO. Some put in region locks because different companies hold the license in different regions, and they'd rather force you to play their version than make their version good enough to entice you to play it (see Tera and how it was removed from EU players on Steam), while the bigger ones usually don't lock you if you buy the Asian, American or European edition from playing on that region. FF14 even goes a step further and let you pick the data center (not sure if WoW does it too through the battle.net app now).

Hey guys, I'm going to upgrade to w10 soon and will do a clean install.

How can I keep all my currently downloaded steam games so I don't have to redownload 400GB ?

I'll use GameSave Manager to keep my savegames

MadGear

Is a WC4 even possible with they way the world changed and still changes with each WoW Addon? I guess a WarCraft 4 would release 3-4 years from now but I absolutely expect WoW to still be around then (as in receiving addons that continue the story). With WoW around they would need to find a way for both games to coexist, either by (re)telling a major event in the games universe from different perspectives or somehow branching the story (declaring WoW as non-canon would result in a huge shitstorm though :D). Another way would probably to revisit earlier events (like they do with the movie). However IMO as long as WoW is still a thing, WC4 just wont happen and once WoW "is done" there might be little reason left to revisit that universe.

Milamber

How can I keep all my currently downloaded steam games so I don't have to redownload 400GB ?

Just purge 'em. Only download the ones you will immediately play.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I adore the old ones, never really liked WC3 + addon due to the hero focus. Multiplayer was dumb fun with friends though.

Funny. I suck at RTS games, so I loved WC3 because of the hero focus.

I also probably played 100s of hours of Red Alert 2 on normal dificulty just because I had too much fun messing around the map undisturbed. Never played a single match online. I remember always playing on that one icy map, destroying all the bridges and then watching as the enemy was unable to leave his island. Then I put like 500 spies in their base just because I could or plastered the entire map with nuclear plants, depending on who I was.
I also built "prisons" and teleported enemies into them. I thought all of that was hilarious. I was also 10 years old.

I already hate this VR-exclusive titles.

Just read that Trackmania Turbo will have VR support for OR, but seems not for Vive.
Anyone knows if you can just patch them or to run on both headsets or will they have some sort of "hardware" DRM?

Ludens

Banned

If they are installed on a different drive, you are ok. Otherwise for a clean install you need to format all partitions, or at least this is what Win10 asked me, otherwise I couldn't start the installation at all.

JustinBB7

Fallout 4 tonight (for me, not gonna bother with vpn) but I'm suddenly hyped for Tomb Raider lol. Looks way better. Alas no Xbox One, so the long wait for the Steam release begins. Really enjoyed Tomb Raider 2013. This looks more of the same but improved. I'm down.

There is no way to remotely add keys to your account right? I am waiting on funstockdigital Fallout key and I want to load while I am at work (assuming those idiots send the key soon)

derFeef

Funny. I suck at RTS games, so I loved WC3 because of the hero focus.

I also probably played 100s of hours of Red Alert 2 on normal dificulty just because I had too much fun messing around the map undisturbed. Never played a single match online. I remember always playing on that one icy map, destroying all the bridges and then watching as the enemy was unable to leave his island. Then I put like 500 spies in their base just because I could or plastered the entire map with nuclear plants, depending on who I was.
I also built "prisons" and teleported enemies into them. I thought all of that was hilarious. I was also 10 years old.

And funny enough I really like Dawn of War 2 more than Dawn of War 1. I know it's weird...
Where the hell is Dawn of War 3

Ribeiro

From my understanding you can't do a clean install if haven't updated first, because your 7/8 key needs to be converted first. I lost mine because I put aa new ssd in the notebook and made the clean install.

Sch1sm

There is no way to remotely add keys to your account right? I am waiting on funstockdigital Fallout key and I want to load while I am at work (assuming those idiots send the key soon)

The day Steam lets us activate keys on browser and/or mobile client, just maybe.

E: if you have remote desktop enabled there's always a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom