• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite my best efforts to shrug it off, I've finally reached the point where I'm sick and tired of people telling me that I'm hopelessly obsessed or creepy. I'm not an idiot -- I can certainly understand what the whole thing looks like from their perspective -- but I'm over having to defend myself. I can't do anything about the opinions people have formed over the past few years (hi, Mr. Luchador <3), but at least I no longer have to worry about that pool growing larger going forward.

what are they referring to

Hektor

Kinda sad to see JaseC giving up on the saorise stuff, for a board that prides itself with liberalism and tolerance. some people sure are judgemental as fuck.

But they are. Feminism is a movement created to fight for gender equality. So yes, they are literally the same thing.

I wouldnt say so, feminism is a fight for womens rights, where as gender equality is a fight for the equliaty of both. Thats mostly the same in the world we live in - so you're kinda right - but in a (fictive) world with women as the dominant power it would be quite a difference.

This package can NOT be purchased in specified countries
Germany

Yeah, you me too, Ubi.

Jawmuncher

To lighten the mood, how's the new Indiegala bundle they just released? I'm in the mood for some decent horror bit I know there's a lot of crap out there.

It's the Made in Hell bundle.

Only one I have played is Deadly Premonition.
But that's a must for fans of Twin Peaks (Or so I hear). I know nothing about Twin Peaks but thoroughly enjoyed it.

MUnited83

For you.
I wouldnt say so, feminism is a fight for womens rights, where as gender equality is a fight for the equliaty of both. Thats mostly the same in the world we live in - so you're kinda right - but in a (fictive) world with women as the dominant power it would be quite a difference.

This package can NOT be purchased in specified countries
Germany

Yeah, you me too, Ubi.
The whole point of feminism is equality. In that fictional world there wouldn't be "feminism" in the same sense because feminism=equality. The whole point os not having more rights than other, but the same

Like, feminism isnt going to turn with a Women Supremacist Group when equal rights are achieved.

Anteater

the hell that bird is more creepy than everything

that bird is going to backfire

that bird is gonna end up get you banned

that's what that bird is

Sober

The whole point of feminism is equality. In that fictional world there wouldn't be "feminism" in the same sense because feminism=equality. The whole point os not having more rights than other, but the same
Sounds like we have another GG thread in the making if we're getting the feminsim=for women only argument.

I thought they taught this thing in schools.

LISA is a fucked-up game.

Carpman, Harvey Fish and the poor abused man I found in the Men's Hair Club building died so I could stop someone from chopping off a character's nipple. But then I found the best companion in the game after re-enacting the WWF Vince McMahon "Higher Power" reveal, so it's all okay.

Only one I have played is Deadly Premonition.
But that's a must for fans of Twin Peaks (Or so I hear). I know nothing about Twin Peaks but thoroughly enjoyed it.

That's actually the only one I already own. Haven't played it though, didn't know it had Twin Peaks vibes. If that's the level of quality though I think I'll grab the bundle.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
GG fantomena, you ruined JaseC.

The funny part is, Fantomena would have been chased out of here long ago had we not been told to not talk shit about other posters to reduce toxicity. After he got caught selling press keys for benefit and other unsavory things, we were told to just keep it under the rug. Now all he does is come in here to decry anyone who wants something on a Sony system to come to PC and complain, so, why are we taking anything he says into account again?

Despite my best efforts to shrug it off, I've finally reached the point where I'm sick and tired of people telling me that I'm hopelessly obsessed or creepy. I'm not an idiot -- I can certainly understand what the whole thing looks like from their perspective -- but I'm over having to defend myself. I can't do anything about the opinions people have formed over the past few years (hi, Mr. Luchador <3), but at least I no longer have to worry about that pool growing larger going forward.

Follow your dreams dude.

Hektor

Sounds like we have another GG thread in the making if we're getting the feminsim=for women only argument.

I thought they taught this thing in schools.

Dont get me wrong, its not that im against feminism or equal rights, i just disagreed with both beeing the exact same.

The only thing the schools taught me regarding politic is 10 years worth of "Hitler is bad and here is why", im not kidding. The Nationalschuld is strong in us.

Like, feminism isnt going to turn with a Women Supremacist Group when equal rights are achieved.

I never wanted to imply that that supremacist stuff would happen, but arent you kinda proving my point? You're saying that feminism wouldnt be a thing in that world, but gender equality still would be.

&#8364;:
I'm amazed this isn't common knowledge yet.

Guess the gamer bubble is hard to pop.

Yeah, sry that not everybody is so all knowing and intelligent as you. Jeez.
Guess im out for now.

Dr Dogg

And yet I change my avatar and peeps freak the fuck out. Forever Doogie Houser :(

Then again you'd have to be some kind of monster to have something against NPH.

This is also the part where you folks are meant to show solidarity with our fallen avatar commrade and all change your avatars to Suresure ones.

Parsnip

Steamgaf is really nuts today it seems.

I think you should use an upside down Saoirse avatar.

The funny part is, Fantomena would have been chased out of here long ago had we not been told to not talk shit about other posters to reduce toxicity. After he got caught selling press keys for benefit and other unsavory things, we were told to just keep it under the rug. Now all he does is come in here to decry anyone who wants something on a Sony system to come to PC and complain, so, why are we taking anything he says into account again?
Wait what? That happened?
What?

Ludens

Banned
Konami rolled back the last patch, but now I only have a dot under staff management. They broke the game no matter what.

I think it's just a matter of expectations. CDPR didn't shy away from gratuitous nudity in the original game, so it was hardly a shock that a nude Triss was on prominent display in the opening cutscene of the sequel.

Edit: Oh, and there was a cross-promotion with Playboy.

Oh yeah, the Playboy thing I remember.

The first game, I only remember everything being covered up by cards, so I dunno...

Anteater

The real life caricature you currently have is my favorite.

ditto

stare-down-ouwu55.gif

MUnited83

For you.
Dont get me wrong, its not that im against feminism or equal rights, i just disagreed with both beeing the exact same.

The only thing the schools taught me regarding politic is 10 years worth of "Hitler is bad and here is why", im not kidding. The Nationalschuld is strong in us.

I never wanted to imply that that supremacist stuff would happen, but arent you kinda proving my point? You're saying that feminism wouldnt be a thing in that world, but gender equality still would be.

€:

Yeah, sry that not everybody is so all knowing and intelligent as you. Jeez.
Guess im out for now.
It wouldn't be a thing because they would obviously come up with a different name for it, as in that world calling it feminism wouldn't make much sense, would it? Thats just semantics. Feminism is a organized movement with >100 years that was created on the basis of gender equality and its still about gender equality now.

You also dont need to be " all knowing". All you need is Google.

Wait what? That happened?
What?

That's a year or two old now? He wrote for some Scandinavian gaming blog, serious amateur looking one, and he was trading off review code keys in the Buy/Sell/Trade threads here and on CAG. He got outed on CAG and tried to delete his post history there. A CAGger posted on GAF to out him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom