• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

I suposse with Scarecrow being the big bad and the performance having the potential to be frightening then it's quite fitting for a Halloween game. Seeing I'm not as pissed (as in drunk) as I thought I'd be watching my useless excuse for a football team get battered 4-1 at home and trick or treaters seem to be mythical creatures round here I decided to fire up Undead Nightmare for the 4th year on the trot.

Bristol City fan? Didn't know that! At least a 4-1 battering sounds exciting, I have to deal with a striker more immobile than Immobile stinking the place up and never getting into the box for a shot, let alone scoring.

Jawmuncher

#ScreenshotSaturday

Since our twitter followers asked so nicely, we're tricking a little bit with your treat. Say hello to Suijoki Academy's esteemed Student Council!

You voted for them, but... who are they? Unfortunately, their identities remain masked thanks to the poll results, so you'll have to just theorize until the game's release. Happy Halloween!

After pondering at the image for awhile, i finally saw through. The student council are all regina thus I am 4 people in the student council. Pretty crafty, thinking I wouldn't see through. I edited the image to further prove my point.
untitled1b8kd5.png

Hektor

Early access for series now? Jeez.
Reminds me of the uninfinished press copy or whatever of Xmen Origins: Wolverine that i once saw. Was kinda interesing to see an action movie wihout any cgi and digital editing, but it also ruined the entire movie.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does Sawhorse play video games? I have a feeling she'd be into stuff like the Witcher series.

She's a strong supporter of feminism and I think that despite CDPR's better efforts post-sex card controversy* she'd find the sexuality component to be too pronounced. I mean, The Witcher 2 opens with Triss' pubes in your face for literally no reason.

* The Witcher 3 aside as I stopped playing it due to Dirty Funds being broken (later patches were of no help).

ExoSoul

Banned
She's a strong supporter of feminism and I think that despite CDPR's better efforts post-sex card controversy* she'd find the sexuality component to be too pronounced. I mean, The Witcher 2 opens with Triss' pubes in your face for literally no reason.

* The Witcher 3 aside as I stopped playing it due to Dirty Funds being broken (later patches were of no help).

Feminism or gender equality?

image.php

Did you lose an avatar bet or something? Reading that post with this avatar was amusing.

Dr Dogg

Bristol City fan? Didn't know that! At least a 4-1 battering sounds exciting, I have to deal with a striker more immobile than Immobile stinking the place up and never getting into the box for a shot, let alone scoring.

For my sins yes. I think we were spoilt last season romping away with League 1 but I'll be happy with a skin of our teeth season of consolidation. Really tight league this year where a couple of wins puts you in the top 6 but even a couple of draws and you plumet down the table.

JaseC

image.php

Did you lose an avatar bet or something? Reading that post with this avatar was amusing.
image.php

What is going on?

Despite my best efforts to shrug it off, I've finally reached the point where I'm sick and tired of people telling me that I'm hopelessly obsessed or creepy. I'm not an idiot -- I can certainly understand what the whole thing looks like from their perspective -- but I'm over having to defend myself. I can't do anything about the opinions people have formed over the past few years (hi, Mr. Luchador <3), but at least I no longer have to worry about that pool growing larger going forward.

Despite my best efforts to shrug it off, I've finally reached the point where I'm sick and tired of people telling me that I'm hopelessly obsessed or creepy. I'm not an idiot -- I can certainly understand what the whole thing looks like from their perspective -- but I'm over having to defend myself. I can't do anything about the opinions people have formed over the past few years (hi, Mr. Luchador <3), but at least I no longer have to worry about that pool growing larger going forward.

*sigh* Hate to hear that.

Looking real good. Hope you figure out buttons.
I am scared but congrats on your soon modding occupation o/
Oh man. Sorry to hear you got harassed. Shameful.
Sounds cliche but don't let random people "design" your life.

Oh, that sucks. :(

Dsyndrome

Only creepy thing for me today was someone talking about taking a 1000 year old dragon out with their tongue, sorry you felt the need to have to change your avatar JaseC.

Deitus

I get that, and I'm not exactly surprised by the reason.

Honestly, I never took it as anything weird. It was really more of running joke than an obsession (or at least that's the way I saw it, and I assume most people thought the same). But still, I've definitely seen some of the things you are talking about, and I don't blame you for no longer wanting to subject yourself to that.

Still, it was a bit of a shock, and it will probably take some time to adjust to. It's like when someone you've known for a while suddenly shaves their head for seemingly no reason.

I mean, The Witcher 2 opens with Triss' pubes in your face for literally no reason.

The hell? I never heard this before, and you'd think the gaming media would be all over it. Is everyone just that desensitized to it now, or is it because they decided to give CDPR a pass?

Eila

What's a good tool to create sprites? I think I got one from those game maker bundles, but I can't find it. Preferably freeware, I guess.

Jawmuncher

You can use whatever avatar you want if it's within reason. Shame to anyone who says otherwise. Especially if it's the excuse of creepy. I could thus say Grief.EXE is a creep on Anderson Cooper. Or that jShackles is a creep on Jason Momoa. Which is beyond ridiculous.

Monooboe

Did Arkham Knight always have Halloween decorations all over or is that one of their seasonal extras?

Yeah never found any avatar here to be creepy.

Chariot

I don't think anyone really thought you were an obsessed creep. Especially not when bayo and me are here for measuring. Don't let idiots take what you like.

JaseC

The hell? I never heard this before, and you'd think the gaming media would be all over it. Is everyone just that desensitized to it now, or is it because they decided to give CDPR a pass?

I think it's just a matter of expectations. CDPR didn't shy away from gratuitous nudity in the original game, so it was hardly a shock that a nude Triss was on prominent display in the opening cutscene of the sequel.

Edit: Oh, and there was a cross-promotion with Playboy.

Don't know what this intraeeaa stuff is but I thinks it's bad, right?

It's still a mystery at this stage.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Who cares what other people think? Be yourself!

Kuroyume

Banned
You can't tell 100% where hidden rooms are in Isaac without an item, however you can make good guesses by looking at spaces between rooms on the map. Cracks on the walls don't mean anything.

To lighten the mood, how's the new Indiegala bundle they just released? I'm in the mood for some decent horror bit I know there's a lot of crap out there.

It's the Made in Hell bundle.

I hate that good and helpful posters like lashman and Jase got pushed so far by shameful people, to change their posting habits and avatars.
Those two are among the most on-topic, helpful and friendly people who made me enjoy this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom