• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost every review mentions it runs kinda like crap on consoles (depending what you make of that)...
... but still gets good reviews.

Wonder if technical problems arent such a problem anymore.
I think the people reviewed it were "hype" for it anyway and mentioned them but, didn't care.

Except some still crowning a 'victory' for PS4 despite them both having issues, just one slightly less than the other. Console war, console war never changes.

It will always be there. Watching, waiting.

9's and the performance is pretty crappy but it's ignored because it's a Bethesda game (for the most part).

I saved you some time.
So if it were any other game, it'd get slammed with all the glitches eh.

Typical Bethesda reviews then. I kinda expected reviewers to finally call out those things, since, imo, they affect greatly the way you enjoy a game.

But since there were people in the framerate thread that they are "used to" or don't "notice" single digit fps, well I can't do anything about that. lol

dex3108

I am happy that Fallout 4 is good game. I am just disappointed that in the future there will probably be good game with performance issues that will be hammered so hard.

Ludens

Banned
From what I remember there's a bonfire on the left side at the beginning of the area. And while annoying, it's also fairly short and the boss fight is among the easier ones. But yeah, I still agree that adding those branch things is change just for the sake of change and not a particularly good one.

I haven't personally played the Witcher expansion yet but I've been told it populates the game world east of Oxenfurt that was completely and jarringly barren in the main game. While I won't say that CDPR cut the content out of the main game to sell as DLC, I kind of do think it was planned content that they realized they couldn't finish on time and so they left it for the expansion. I still wonder if the palace in Vizima was supposed to be a location we could visit in the game that got cut back to a single building you warp back and forth from.

These things happen. Judge the JC3 expansion based on the content they say it will have or even better, the content it does have after release. Not before that.

In example now, in the beginning of the game, in the
coffin where you can change sex
, there's a branch blocking the way here. Not a big problem, here, because I knew what was here from DS2 vanilla, but maybe a player who didn't play the game will waste a branch just to be trolled here.

Another branch is now in front of the door to access
the three sentinels bosses.

Very very lame, I hate those things.

A note: Why Bethesda is so praised by the public/critic? Really, Morrowind is maybe the best game they did, but EVERY Bethesda game, including old Elder Scrolls before Morrowind, was filled with bugs, glitches and bad performance. After Morrowind, Skyrim was just...bland. I don't know, maybe it's because I like games with a plot, but I never liked Bethesda games, it's like doing the same thing for 200 hours, only the plot is non-existent or very very weak.

I think reviewers just lost credibility. Not only for Fallout 4, but in general: you can't write MGSV is a magnus opus, giving it 10/10 while the game is literally filled with problems.

Dr Dogg

Remember that time Dragon Age Inquisition also got straight 9s?

Well it's a toss up between Fallout 4, The Witcher III and Metal Gear Something that I'm trying to forget about after Konami dun fucked it up! for GOTY for most media outlets. The true GOTY is Super Mario Marker by a fucking 1,000 miles!

Hektor

If no one calls you out for bugs, crashes and framedrops into the zero zone, would you try to change that for your future releases? I know i wouldnt.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So fallout 4 is probably going to be GOTY for at almost all sites (probably).

and next year the honeymoon is over and boom it goes like bioshock infinite, MGSV or skyrim with the opinion of the game.

kurahador

Well it's a toss up between Fallout 4, The Witcher III and Metal Gear Something that I'm trying to forget about after Konami dun fucked it up! for GOTY for most media outlets. The true GOTY is Super Mario Marker by a fucking 1,000 miles!

It's Super Mario Maker you heathen!!

And we all know GOTY this year will be Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Grief.exe

Remember that time Dragon Age Inquisition also got straight 9s?

I just want the industry to improve, gaming journalism continually giving GOTY to mediocrity will never allow the industry to turn the corner.

LL

I am happy that Fallout 4 is good game. I am just disappointed that in the future there will probably be good game with performance issues that will be hammered so hard.

Wait 6 months until criticism can actually be applied.

Pretty much. I give it a month before the hype distortion field wears off and people turn on the game.

I wish there were more critical reviews of games.

There are. Mostly when the reviewer goes to play a game they already were expecting to dislike or due to fanboy bias.

I really don't care much about reviews, since I liked quite a lot of games that got slammed by reviews. I also can't trust a scale of 10 were literally the only good numbers range from 8-to-10.

I do love hyperbole threads, I won't lie.
jugg-2mask.gif

Deques

No partitions either.

Hmm, I guess I could use an external hdd drive if I can manage to empty some space on it...

If it's possible you could split a partition into two partitions

Another thing, make sure that all game saves are really backed up with Game Save Manager. There might be some lesser known titles with no Steam Cloud aren't supported by GSM

Arthea

Urgh...

Goty awards that year were such a farce.

you mean like every year?
GOTY award is a popularity contest, it has nothing to do with games being good or bad, literally nothing. Sometimes good games win GOTY awards, sometimes not.
Let's remember that the year Transistor was released it wasn't even nominee for art style, graphics or music, let alone as a game.

Like, I am starting to think numbers shouldn't be tied to reviews anymore (even though that's what the industry is based around) but, like here is an example much like the other ones in that review thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=184771340&postcount=546

Disregarding the technical issues, for once which they point out, they straight up say almost no new ideas, if this was I dunno a sequel to let's say some Japanese game that has a billion sequels it probably would get a 5 or something.

Wait 6 months until criticism can actually be applied.

I approve of this advice.

dex3108

Also it is sad that you can read in reviews things like this

Jim Sterling said:
Pretty much everything you’ve seen impact Bethesda games of the past can be seen here, from a handful of potential quest bugs to wacky A.I. pathfinding and a number of physics-based anomalies. I’m also not sure whether or not an early story mission become unbeatable on a test file, because I’m sure the raiders I needed to kill weren’t spawning.

Fallout 4 is not worse then prior Fallout or Elder Scrolls games when it comes to thinks being borked, but it’s certainly not better, and you’ll have to bear that in mind. I advise autosaving regularly, just in case.

Bethesda’s always gotten some leeway with its quality control, mostly due to huge expansive its games are, and Fallout 4 is certainly of a high enough quality overall to where I find myself more forgiving than I otherwise would be.

Why should you be more forgiving? I don't get it.

If it's possible you could split a partition into two partitions

Another thing, make sure that all game saves are really backed up with Game Save Manager. There might be some lesser known titles with no Steam Cloud aren't supported by GSM

How can I make sure GSM is really backing all save games?

Huge AAA game with lots of bugs, be forgiving, it's a huge game...
Small indie game with a few bugs, it's a piece of crap, how dare they release that shit...

Game industry for you.

Yeah I was just about to point that one out. I don't get it either. Then again there are people that saying non-ironically "But it will be a great game a year from now."

Well why shouldn't anyone buy it now then?

dex3108

Huge AAA game with lots of bugs, be forgiving, it's a huge game...
Small indie game with a few bugs, it's a piece of crap, how dare they release that shit...

Game industry for you.

It is not just Indie scene. They hammered other AAA games too especially in last 12-18 months. And just to clarify i am saying if game is good as reviews are saying i am happy. We all want good games to be released. I am just sad that i can read things lke that one in reviews in 2015.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Yeah this is what I'm talking about, how can you just do this to this one company over and over again.

IF they'll continue to get high scores because they don't really count the technical problems then Bethesda won't step their game up. Because they know they can use technology that is 10 years old and make an extremly janky game without getting critiqued over it.

Also I've seen almost no reviews actually talking about my biggest worry about the game, the new dialogue system.
I really need to know if it's as shit as it looks or if it actually sometimes have more than 4 options and they arn't just as straightforward with descriptions of 1-3 words on what he's going to say when you click the button. Also is dialogue always built like [good answer], [Evil answer], [funny answer], [wildcard].

Arthea

as I was told many times while asking this question: "those bugs is part of Bethesda's charm". So, I stopped asking, who am I to say what people should like? If they like those bugs, it's their choice to make.

Pretty much. I give it a month before the hype distortion field wears off and people turn on the game.

I wish there were more critical reviews of games.

I just want the industry to improve, gaming journalism continually giving GOTY to mediocrity will never allow the industry to turn the corner.

I really don't care much about reviews, since I liked quite a lot of games that got slammed by reviews. I also can't trust a scale of 10 were literally the only good numbers range from 8-to-10.

I do love hyperbole threads, I won't lie.
jugg-2mask.gif
Yep, I don't rely on mainstream reviews because I couldn't trust those reviews. They'd give anything with safe game designs from any AAA publisher a minimum of 7/10, even with severe technical issues. Heck, even AC: Unity got tons of 7s, with all the negativity surrounding it.

Yrael

I'm feeling quite pleased that I opted for the PC version.

(Mind you, I'm not actually allowing myself to play it until the end of the year!)

Can someone confirm if this is spoilerish? I know some of the GB guys have no remorse with that stuff.

Jeff said he is about 15 hours in and there will be spoilers straight up in the first minute or so.

It's an hour and 22 minutes long.

Probably should avoid it I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom