• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fandangox

In the game folder, look for a _CommonRedist folder. In there, there should be a vcredist folder. Go in there and manually install the files. For example vcredist_x64 and vcredist_x86. After those are installed, try starting the game.

If that doesn't work, you can always check out this for some extra help.

Alright will try after work, thanks.

derFeef

you just reminded me that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series sold on PC nicely, oh, I know it was in several bundles, but still quite impressive numbers for games that are considered unforgiving.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Score rank: 89% Userscore: 94% Metascore: 82%
Owners: 890,689 ± 25,998

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
Score rank: 61% Userscore: 85% Metascore: 75%
Owners: 491,264 ± 19,322

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Score rank: 92% Userscore: 95% Metascore: 80%
Owners: 707,611 ± 23,181
Funny enough I spent the most time with CS and afair I also enjoyed it the most.

Hektor

Im kind of curios about F4 now. I already bought and downloaded it. I'll just finish LOTV, give bethesda the chance to patch the most gamebreaking bugs in the meantime, and then i'll go into the game as unbiased as possible.

Im kind of curios about F4 now. I already bought and downloaded it. I'll just finish LOTV, give bethesda the chance to patch the most gamebreaking bugs in the meantime, and then i'll go into the game as unbiased as possible.
Sounds nice, please do some write-ups, I would like to see impressions from people who don't already label it GOTY pre-release.

Dr Dogg

Just like the AssCreed detractors, give it a week and all the Fallout doom and gloom will have moved on to the next big thing.

Ban Puncher

I am still playing and liking MGSV: TPP.

HIi8MPm.gif

dex3108

Another interesting review for Fallout 4 but you know Forbes Contributor etc.

In my mind, Fallout 4’s greatest triumph, and its one major point of evolution is in its storytelling, crafting a lengthy, unexpected ending and resolution that I will remember for years to come. It also remains one of the best games in existence for those who simply like to wander and explore and unearth long-buried secrets. But it struggles with archaic gameplay systems and an inflexible engine that anchor the game to the past for all the wrong reasons. Fans may enjoy more Fallout and a brand new map to explore, but this sequel will not be heralded as revolutionary or overly impressive this time around.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/games/2...iew-look-upon-my-works-ye-mighty-and-despair/

Dr Dogg

Talking about Bethesda games and seeing as the Puncher of Mans is here I kind of wish Consolvania was still a thing for a quality Rab review in vain of his Oblivion review of throwing shoes on to roofs. Good job Chuckie Dregs exists for Ryan's mum to interrupt his review.

Dsyndrome

Review day mornings are the only time I envy everyone not on on the west coast or Hawaii. I don't have time to go through already 40 page threads to scan for meltdowns and fanboyism. :'(

Lain

Got a Darksiders 2 DE key from emailing Nordic support. Can't believe they'd rather reply to thousands of emails and probably get hundreds of keys scammed when the alternative is to just add it to the spass subs and maybe figure something out for the few that got the spass dlc separately.

I didn't get a reply yet but I'm surprised they bothered to send some keys out as the edit to the dev post seemed to imply the offer was only meant for the person that started the thread and not for the other people.
You know, kinda like the NVIDIA fellow that offered to help getting refunds for the 970... only to quickly backpedal that the offer was only for the thread starter and anyways the 970 has no problems/we never lied.

Ban Puncher

Talking about Bethesda games and seeing as the Puncher of Mans is here I kind of wish Consolvania was still a thing for a quality Rab review in vain of his Oblivion review of throwing shoes on to roofs. Good job Chuckie Dregs exists for Ryan's mum to interrupt his review.

JmSv9lC.jpg

TEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM

Good times.

Shame they all hate each other now.

Over 115 hours for me now. Love the game to death and only a few hours away from becoming a
demon.
Its probably the most fun I had with an open world game since San Andreas on the ps2.

300+ hours. Get on my level.

Grief.exe

Just like the AssCreed detractors, give it a week and all the Fallout doom and gloom will have moved on to the next big thing.

Then give it 6 months before relevant criticism can be applied.

Another interesting review for Fallout 4 but you know Forbes Contributor etc.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/games/2...iew-look-upon-my-works-ye-mighty-and-despair/

In my mind, Fallout 4’s greatest triumph, and its one major point of evolution is in its storytelling, crafting a lengthy, unexpected ending and resolution that I will remember for years to come. It also remains one of the best games in existence for those who simply like to wander and explore and unearth long-buried secrets. But it struggles with archaic gameplay systems and an inflexible engine that anchor the game to the past for all the wrong reasons. Fans may enjoy more Fallout and a brand new map to explore, but this sequel will not be heralded as revolutionary or overly impressive this time around.

Read that again when you actually get to the ending.

Funstock Digital has strategically placed a "scheduled maintenance" time when people want their Fallout keys! Actually the maintenance is probably to give the keys.

Ludens

Banned
Over 115 hours for me now. Love the game to death and only a few hours away from becoming a
demon.
Its probably the most fun I had with an open world game since San Andreas on the ps2.

I'm 160 hours in, the plot is awful, gameplay is top notch. But I'm doing only Fobs to unlock the secret ending.

BorntoPlay

Got a Darksiders 2 DE key from emailing Nordic support. Can't believe they'd rather reply to thousands of emails and probably get hundreds of keys scammed when the alternative is to just add it to the spass subs and maybe figure something out for the few that got the spass dlc separately.

i didn't have the dlc, so i gladly paid the $6 if this contribute to a future DS3 development..

Sarcasm

I have been watching Cohh play Fallout 4. Non spinning heads at least.

I have noticed a few things so far:

Animations are slightly better. There is even an animation for stimpacks. You bust out that red vial and stab yea self..looks like in the heart lol.

And the gunplay is better.

Isn't that most games these days?

Not if it's an actually a good game. A game that you can continue playing after getting all the achievements. You know fun you can have by yourself or with others. More reason achievements being used as being "done" with a game is dumb to me. You shouldn't structure a game in a way that getting all the achievements means someone is done with everything or they should stop playing it. Should give them a reason to play it beyond all the achievements. Ah well that's what society would like though, see that meter fill and say "They are done."

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm going to have to stay off GAF til after tomorrow night. Too much Fallout stuffs.

Just did my first purchase on nuuvem, This War of Mine for $3.70, being in the same region as Brazil , I didnt have to use VPN .

This could be dangerous for my wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom