• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purge 'em. Only download the ones you will immediately play.

If they are installed on a different drive, you are ok. Otherwise for a clean install you need to format all partitions, or at least this is what Win10 asked me, otherwise I couldn't start the installation at all.

Orrrrrr keep the Steam folder in an entirely separate drive.

I only have one drive in my laptop... :\

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
And funny enough I really like Dawn of War 2 more than Dawn of War 1. I know it's weird...
Where the hell is Dawn of War 3

That's a good question, what IS Relic doing? Have they released a game since Sega bought them? (not counting CoH 2 since they were making that for THQ)

Ludens

Banned
Some changes on DS2 Sins are just...stupid. Like the fact to access the last bonfire in Black Gultch you need to use that item to break the curse on a statue located right in front of the entrance to bonfire's area. It's just stupid, you face a dangerous location full of enemies, poiston statues etc, and guess what, if you don't own the item to break the curse and you die against the boss, you are fucked and you need to do the whole area from the beginning. Really, I found the statues a bad idea in DS2 vanilla, here it's even worse.

dex3108

Hold your butts SteamGAF and don't post in Gaming section it could be dangerous. Fallout 4 Reviews in less then 4 minutes.

Uzzy

That's a good question, what IS Relic doing? Have they released a game since Sega bought them? (not counting CoH 2 since they were making that for THQ)

They've continued to pump out content for CoH 2, some of which has been excellent, like Ardennes Assault. I imagine that the sale put a halt on whatever other projects they had while things were being reorganised, especially with Games Workshop having to be consulted on licensing issues.

Still, I'd expect them to have something else announced by now. Hopefully we'll see something soon.

Backlogger

So my cable and Internet have been down since Saturday around noon. Guy is coming this morning to check it out. Hopefully it's an easy fix so I can preload Fallout 4 today...

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of kadotsu, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-381309868ED49AF5 - Taken by xGreg. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Resident Evil Revelations -- MB-4347B7C3AE5F24A7 - Taken by rtcn63. 29 entrants total.
DeadCore -- MB-DFEFB871F0746FD8 - Taken by Haunted. 13 entrants total.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-DE274A81502E24E0 - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 14 entrants total.
Insurgency -- MB-0274FD8483C40A13 - Taken by M*A*S*H. 1 entrants total.
The Marvellous Miss Take -- MB-697202B72643125C - Taken by titch. 19 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-C8E416FEBF64FB5F - Taken by Shalashaska. 34 entrants total.
Hitman: Absolution -- MB-D25790041BF53797 - Taken by Naaq. 9 entrants total.
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-6BBAFF97D2A57FF6 - Taken by Belgarion. 8 entrants total.
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition -- MB-544A7998B2B138B5 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 26 entrants total.
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY -- MB-3BFC5B9BCE085A3E - Taken by Garandorf. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Ultra Street Fighter IV -- MB-C467119330160453 - Taken by Costa1774. 52 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey -- MB-031E83360D10DACA - Taken by Natty1. 12 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut -- MB-F22020131AB6919A - Taken by criesofthepast. 9 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-44866855FBFDAFD8 - Taken by aw350. 21 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-86F03C3968FC5DE9 - Taken by Jalal. 27 entrants total.

t1447117058z1.png

Hektor

Some changes on DS2 Sins are just...stupid. Like the fact to access the last bonfire in Black Gultch you need to use that item to break the curse on a statue located right in front of the entrance to bonfire's area. It's just stupid, you face a dangerous location full of enemies, poiston statues etc, and guess what, if you don't own the item to break the curse and you die against the boss, you are fucked and you need to do the whole area from the beginning. Really, I found the statues a bad idea in DS2 vanilla, here it's even worse.

In my first playthrough of DS2 i didnt even knew that there was a bonfire.
I just ran through the area again and again.
But i agree, the statues were an annoying feature.

Man I'm super interested in LOTV but it's releasing at such a bad time. Everyone has to pick and choose what to spend their money/time with in this fall release window. Plus I was kind of hoping there would be a physical battlechest once all 3 games were out but that's not happening.

Would murder puppies for Warcraft 4 though. ?

Yeah, this month is really too full of stuff.

Dr Dogg

In an ideal world Relic and Creative Assembly would be forming an unstoppable RTS Tag Team and both working on Halo Wars 2. If you look at the more squad based and character leveling focus of the last couple of Dawn of War titles that could work quite well in the Halo universe.

Ludens

Banned
In my first playthrough of DS2 i didnt even knew that there was a bonfire.
I just ran through the area again and again.
But i agree, the statues were an annoying feature.

Very easy to miss, it's just before the fog gate on the right, it's a small path leading to a small cave with a bonfire, VERY hidden. Luckily I'm going very fast because 99% of the game is exactly like DS2 vanilla, so I remember well the road, bonfires etc.
Still, some things are beyond annoying, I still find DS1 and Demon's Souls much better on so many levels compared to DS2.
I'm curious to check those DLCs, I hope they are good.

seriously? a game not even released but already has an expansion?
how that makes any sense, except of inflating price by a lot

Lol, it's also early access for seven days.

Deques

seriously? a game not even released but already has an expansion?
how that makes any sense, except of inflating price by a lot

At least it's not a season pass.
Hopefully the expansions are at the same size as Witcher 3 expansions

Reviews literally saying just ignore the bugs.
That double standard.

The thing about bugs is that they will likely be fixed in the coming days in a patch and they arent going to re-review after that. Also I am on PC so I am not too worried about framerate and the like.

Uzzy

In an ideal world Relic and Creative Assembly would be forming an unstoppable RTS Tag Team and both working on Halo Wars 2. If you look at the more squad based and character leveling focus of the last couple of Dawn of War titles that could work quite well in the Halo universe.

I'd be down for that, though more games in the Warhammer 40k universe from Relic would be preferable. Killing enemies in the name of the Emprah feels better than killing Covenant forces and the Flood.

Arthea

oh well, one less game to buy this year, will wait for complete/collection of JC3 too.
Not that I don't have what to play

Reviews literally saying just ignore the bugs.
That double standard.
Not only that but many reviews mention that game is almost the same as previous ones and that is not an issue. Oh well good for them.

It's a Bethesda game of course it would say that.

Well actually if it's a AAA Western game they are going to say that.

You are an indie game, AA game, or not a game made in the "Western World"? Well you get normal scrutiny!

Hektor

From the digital foundry thread:

On top of this, Xbox One is unique in its suffering of a stuttering issue, halting the game experience for up to a second during play. It's a glaring hitch downward, and matching runs to the gates of Diamond City shows Xbox One dropping to a record 0fps (zero)

I wonder how many reviewer are going to call stuff like that out.

Ludens

Banned
From the digital foundry thread:

I wonder how many reviewer are going to call stuff like that out.

Destructoid did it:

At this point, you're probably aware of Bethesda's history with shipping buggy open-world games by now. If you were hoping that somehow a generational leap would magically buck that trend, prepare to be disappointed. Nearly every classic glitch is accounted for, including occasional save data issues, repeated dialogue, frameskipping, severe frame-rate drops, pop-in, falling through the floor, and so on.

Dr Dogg

I'd be down for that, though more games in the Warhammer 40k universe from Relic would be preferable. Killing enemies in the name of the Emprah feels better than killing Covenant forces and the Flood.

Do Sega have the or one of the 40K rights at the moments? Seems like any Tom, Dick or Harry can make a 40K games these days going by the Steam and iOS/Google Play store fronts.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Coldsun, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 35 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Coldsun, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-C9D73D44E43B33EE - Taken by Regginator. 8 entrants total.
Squarelands -- MB-E5B8796A83181645 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 2 entrants total.
HassleHeart -- MB-3071AC8202876846 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
Incoming Forces -- MB-15041AC484F6BE2D - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Hunting Unlimited 2010 -- MB-21B343FF6C4168B3 - Taken by dave is ok. 4 entrants total.
Relativity Wars A Science Space RTS -- MB-DF746592C01CB82D
Pilot Crusader -- MB-1DA77B218FCD449D - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.
Dungeon Defenders 2 (Free Edition) -- MB-6DAD1D9B27EC4E7D - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Abomination - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-3D66E4ADDD4F11EB - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
100% ORange Juice -- MB-DD21819433771E4F - Taken by Annubis. 2 entrants total.
Power-Up -- MB-81EBFE583DA49407
Glacier 3: The Meltdown -- MB-3409B0F2A7632C16
Rise of the Triad 2013 -- MB-946434BBFBB5DA6D - Taken by Sober. 6 entrants total.
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-832D2863C1322A57
Kraven Manor -- MB-44199AFE57BE416F
Commando Jack -- MB-03E04AD23D44AFCC
Shiny the FireFly -- MB-CA4839A99DA7BF90
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-37D872662B220AD1
Cubicle Quest -- MB-B22879FBCA56025E - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Chernobyl Commando -- MB-66618D086B52F472
Alpha Kimori Episode 1 -- MB-2EC5F326702FC64B
Platypus -- MB-D794761CCF1C97AE - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Desert Thunder -- MB-406A5E3F7DF68806
18 Wheels of Steel Extreme Trucker -- MB-007AACAB177A042A
Drakensang The River of Time -- MB-C9C851CE49F13B43 - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft. 4 entrants total.
Hyper Fighters -- MB-B7D6E7BF4433059F
Rune Classic -- MB-CA4747F2921DDAA7 - Taken by Ozium. 4 entrants total.
Tristoy -- MB-7A1A2519CE5A2410 - Taken by Kifimbo. 4 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-CCB6E753EB96700E
Puzzle Kingdoms -- MB-63FF3750BA917DC1
CT Special Forces -- MB-CDE65B2ED91C4DE5
Eurofighter Typhoon -- MB-6EB0B048D587CF7C - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Chernobyl Commando #2 -- MB-3DA86638F70F9CD1 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
NecroVisioN -- MB-508996C8414D010E
Ark -- MB-A8050B8141C679C7 - Taken by Red Hood. 4 entrants total.

t1447118498z1.png

I didn't get that far into the game but that is kind of lame. We're talking about the primal bonfire after the boss right? Or is it the hidden one right before the boss room?

Ludens

Banned
Life is strange is an SE game, when was it 90% off :p

Eh, you are right. It's the exception confirming the rule :p

Anyway:

I didn't get that far into the game but that is kind of lame. We're talking about the primal bonfire after the boss right? Or is it the hidden one right before the boss room?

Hidden one before the boss room. If it was the primal, no problem, because to access it you need to kill the boss. Otherwise there's a problem if you can't secure your progress before fighting the boss in maybe one of the worst area in the game, since you NEED to walk VERY slowly in order to avoid to be poisoned and fighting enemies.

Arthea

Didn't Wither 3 do the same thing? I don't see the problem.

I do see, an expansion is expanding on an original game, after some time passed, devs got feedback and based on that fixed mistakes added content and gameplay mechanics, not something you plan beforehand (or take out of the game and sell separately to increase the price), unless said expansion is an additional story like in witcher's case.
I see a lot of problems with how gaming industry rolls now, like heaps and mountains of problems.
Then again, I can ignore everything I don't like, as we are way past times of having nothing to play.

9's and the performance is pretty crappy but it's ignored because it's a Bethesda game (for the most part).

Almost every review mentions it runs kinda like crap on consoles (depending what you make of that)...
... but still gets good reviews.

Wonder if technical problems arent such a problem anymore.

Hidden one before the boss room. If it was the primal, no problem, because to access it you need to kill the boss. Otherwise there's a problem if you can't secure your progress before fighting the boss in maybe one of the worst area in the game, since you NEED to walk VERY slowly in order to avoid to be poisoned and fighting enemies.

From what I remember there's a bonfire on the left side at the beginning of the area. And while annoying, it's also fairly short and the boss fight is among the easier ones. But yeah, I still agree that adding those branch things is change just for the sake of change and not a particularly good one.

I do see, an expansion is expanding on an original game, after some time passed, devs got feedback and based on that fixed mistakes added content and gameplay mechanics, not something you plan beforehand (or take out of the game and sell separately to increase the price), unless said expansion is an additional story like in witcher's case.

I haven't personally played the Witcher expansion yet but I've been told it populates the game world east of Oxenfurt that was completely and jarringly barren in the main game. While I won't say that CDPR cut the content out of the main game to sell as DLC, I kind of do think it was planned content that they realized they couldn't finish on time and so they left it for the expansion. I still wonder if the palace in Vizima was supposed to be a location we could visit in the game that got cut back to a single building you warp back and forth from.

These things happen. Judge the JC3 expansion based on the content they say it will have or even better, the content it does have after release. Not before that.

Dr Dogg

9's and the performance is pretty crappy but it's ignored because it's a Bethesda game (for the most part).

I saved you some time.

Except some still crowning a 'victory' for PS4 despite them both having issues, just one slightly less than the other. Console war, console war never changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom