• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeepers, Gamebryo. It belongs in a museum!

tv9rx.jpg

Well, at least they didn't use IDTech 5 or something crazy like that.

Jawmuncher

Not if it's an actually a good game. A game that you can continue playing after getting all the achievements. You know fun you can have by yourself or with others. More reason achievements being used as being "done" with a game is dumb to me. You shouldn't structure a game in a way that getting all the achievements means someone is done with everything or they should stop playing it. Should give them a reason to play it beyond all the achievements. Ah well that's what society would like though, see that meter fill and say "They are done."

I think that's too broad. What about old games with completion rates? 100% would mean you technically did everything. MGSV is the same way you're basically at 100% completion by the time you have all achievements. However I don't think that takes away from the game. Since even had the achievements not been there, a lot of people would have went for 100% anyway. I don't think 'having nothing to do" after 100+ hours of gameplay is a bad thing. Especially when they could still come back and screw around in the sand box. Or try new routes in the SP missions. Or go and start a new fresh playthrough later on. So it's more dependent on the player rather then whatever the devs put in place.

I'll buy the new Tomb Raider...next year...on PC or PS4

and I have an XB1

I have to get gifts and with the B2G1 at Target, i'm basically getting it at like 10 bucks thanks to some coupons.

Dr Dogg

I'll buy the new Tomb Raider...next year...on PC or PS4

and I have an XB1

Well the season pass references 4 months of content (granted it's not a spectacular amount of stuff) so I'd imagine that it will be at least until then that the PC version rears its head. PS4 will probably be 1 year to the day. Depends on how patient you are I guess. Way I see it is at the time of the Xbone release it will be the best version of the game but come the PS4's turn it more than likely wont be unless the PC version shits the bed.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
The only reason I start caring about achievements is if I really like the game in the first place and looking for new goals after playing it a few times already.

Well the season pass references 4 months of content (granted it's not a spectacular amount of stuff) so I'd imagine that it will be at least until then that the PC version rears its head. PS4 will probably be 1 year to the day. Depends on how patient you are I guess. Way I see it is at the time of the Xbone release it will be the best version of the game but come the PS4's turn it more than likely wont be unless the PC version shits the bed.

I'm fine with waiting. I'll see what the PC version requires (and how it runs) and if that one is alright I'll go PC...if not I can wait for the PS4 version

The only reason I start caring about achievements is if I really like the game in the first place and looking for new goals after playing it a few times already.

Same. The other condition i'd go to obtain all achievements is if it's easy to obtain or not.

Glad i'm free of Ys Origin. >_>

I think that's too broad. What about old games with completion rates? 100% would mean you technically did everything. MGSV is the same way you're basically at 100% completion by the time you have all achievements. However I don't think that takes away from the game. Since even had the achievements not been there, a lot of people would have went for 100% anyway. I don't think 'having nothing to do" after 100+ hours of gameplay is a bad thing. Especially when they could still come back and screw around in the sand box. Or try new routes in the SP missions. Or go and start a new fresh playthrough later on. So it's more dependent on the player rather then whatever the devs put in place.
That is true but, I was mainly talking about people that just assume the moment you get all the achievements that there is no reason to play it anymore. Like you said you can play the game again or have fun in a sandbox game even after you got everything, which I would recommend doing if you like the game of course. Sure 100+ hours and you really have nothing else to do and not play a game ever again makes sense. Games like I don't know some platformer you like that has achievements, that you really like you suddenly stop playing because you got all the achievements is silly to me if you are having fun.

I don't even know where I was going with this but, the jest is I think these system level achievement systems (Gamerscore, Trophies etc.) are dumb and items or in game anything being tied to system level achievements even worse. I am fine with in game tracking for stuff and in game satisfaction more is all. That said though I am not going to pretend I don't go for system level achievements at times because I do.

dex3108

I wonder will Square push MS to allow them PS4 release in less then 12 months if sales are really bad. Because to be hones marketing for RotTR is almost nonexistent.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
AVU53wl.gif

Im getting the Xbox One version. That cinematic pause to cause some emotional build up before the rich narrative and characterization of Bethesda games. Bethesda did it again!!! 😳

Im getting the Xbox One version. That cinematic pause to cause some emotional build up before the rich narrative and characterization of Bethesda games. Bethesda did it again!!! 😳

It allows the player a brief moment of recollection on their past deeds, thus making the the following scene more impactful, bravo Microsoft and Bethesda. Giving players the truest, most emotionally complete story.

Harems? That's like 8/10 automatically.

Im getting the Xbox One version. That cinematic pause to cause some emotional build up before the rich narrative and characterization of Bethesda games. Bethesda did it again!!! ��
It allows the player a brief moment of recollection on their past deeds, thus making the the following scene more impactful, bravo Microsoft and Bethesda. Giving players the truest, most emotionally complete story.
Lmao. Guys please.

aw350

Banned
?

Not sure how that would stop you. You just earn stuff by playing individual games. You can start and stop as you please.

That's the thing, I have difficulty starting and stopping. Because of the incentives. (I don't blame the games, mind you.)

fantomena

Decided to skip the Xbone version of Tomb Raider and get the PC-version when it comes out.

Also, gotta finish a few games before buying Fallout 4. SOMA, Invisible Inc, Mad Max, Divinity Enhanced and a few other need some time.

This is the first time Ive actually waited on buying a big blockbuster game. Ive probably grown up more or something haha.

Teggy

I know my problem with Fallout 4 is going to be "this place doesn't look anything like (insert name of town nearby where I live)."

The beginning of The Last of Us was like that, when they visit Lincoln, MA which was the next town over from me at the time, and the sign even had the wrong county listed.

zkylon

zkylewd
bayonetta and dark souls both ran like shit on console

who cares, if the game's good ppl ignroe it. remember shadow of the colossus?

i don't wanna say fo4 is as good as shadow of the colossus, but you know, the resemblance is uncanny

It's pretty great, yeah.
Nothing tops Fargo season 2 though.
i don't think i can fit another tv show in my life tho

dunno if i'm actually gonna watch more than the one ep of evil dead, either

Agreed. Wish more ppl are watching it. America truly doesn't deserve a show this good.

well i'm not american :)

AVU53wl.gif

dam that's rough on xbone

at least ps4 seems ok

Don't look at this at work or while looking at pictures of your mother.
whoops

lux great

At least combat looks a bit more dynamic in this Fallout, so that's something. I'm a sure I'm going to enjoy my time with FO4, but I kind of hope that it underperforms sales wise. It might incentive Bethesda to clean up their engines and really address performance for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom