• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4rter

The stuff I'm reading about the PC controls in Fallout 4 are just sad. I was hoping they learned something from Skyrim or Fallout 3 and NV but it's apparently even worse than before. Please give us mods!

From the same thread.
22483461998_fa865c22df_o.png
I like the atmosphere.
frost, post if you are ok

Salsa

Personally, I have zero faith in Bethesda ever putting out decent writing or characters. Nor do I have any faith in game reviewers identifying good writing even if I went and shoved Planescape: Torment in their faces.

by this point by reception I mean certain players / people here, RPS, and the giantbomb quick look

all of en were pretty adamant on how it looked, as was I, and were somewhat positively surprised at the game now

so, there's that. I know its not gonna be new vegas

Caerith

I dont care about the numbers? im talking about what people are saying

surprisingly decent writing and cool memorable characters, none of which was really showcased before the game was out
I'm not sure I trust people's judgement on things like this.

I was surprised to see a lot of praise for the story but then I remembered Fallout 3 got a lot of that as well :p

Hopefully I'll be surprised on that aspect.

That's what I thought. I know Fallout 3 is kinda notorious for how bad its writing and characters are but it does have people singing its praises.

But if it turns out it's actually good, maybe I'll get it when all the DLC is released.

Hopfrog

Funstock digital is horrible :(

Been a bit of a shitshow, unfortunately. You would have figured they would have prepared properly for the demand of such a release, but it looks as if they did not. Tweeted that they hoped they would have the site back up by 6:30 GMT, but we are past that now and still "Scheduled Maintenance".

Lesson learned.

It's not terrible. Its a park management sim made by someone who probably never visited a part in real life but its functional.

The stuff I'm reading about the PC controls in Fallout 4 are just sad. I was hoping they learned something from Skyrim or Fallout 3 and NV but it's apparently even worse than before. Please give us mods!

What is the issue?

so, there's that. I know its not gonna be new vegas

Thank goodness.

zkylon

zkylewd
thought about replaying New Vegas but ill try to grab 4 on the holidays so why burn out on that type of game
yeah that wouldn't be such a great idea

but skyrim would be worse i think

I dont care about the numbers? im talking about what people are saying

surprisingly decent writing and cool memorable characters, none of which was really showcased before the game was out
sadly dunno how trust u can give people about this stuff

people loved moira and three dog and those characters were baaaaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaad

An RPG would be great, but a Crusader Kings style game where you engage in vampiric politics across cities and countries would be fantastic and play to Paradox's strengths. Really, I'll be excited for whatever they bring out.
just give it to obsidian the masters of licensing

also bring mca back ;_;

yuraya

Watched a little bit of that QL for F4. Bethesda went crazy with all the crafting, building nonsense. Seems to be very deep. Modders are gonna have a field day with that stuff lol. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

MUnited83

For you.
#GAMEBRYO

https://my.mixtape.moe/amewlj.webm

and the fucking physics are still tied to framerate

I understand it being a thing on PC ports of older Japanese games, but on a fucking native PC game from a AAA publisher on a franchise that sells >10 millions? Come the fuck on, just shoot the damn engine in the head and start anew.

Backlogger

Funstock digital is horrible :(

Yeah, I think they put their site into maintenance mode to slow down / stop refund requests while they get their keys ready to send out.

Fallout 4 is my 3rd purchase from them, 2nd pre-order. Didn't have any issues before but we are talking about a Fallout game here.

If they don't have they keys then tell us so we can cancel or pre-orders and get a key elsewhere. I'm sure they will come through but this is probably my last pre-order from them.

Yeah, I think they put their site into maintenance mode to slow down / stop refund requests while they get their keys ready to send out.

Fallout 4 is my 3rd purchase from them, 2nd pre-order. Didn't have any issues before but we are talking about a Fallout game here.

If they don't have they keys then tell us so we can cancel or pre-orders and get a key elsewhere. I'm sure they will come through but this is probably my last pre-order from them.

Yea Mad Max i got right away but not this. Seems odd as every other site got their keys and Funstock just shuts down their site.

Vibranium

Banned
#GAMEBRYO

I understand it being a thing on PC ports of older Japanese games, but on a fucking native PC game from a AAA publisher on a franchise that sells >10 millions? Come the fuck on, just shoot the damn engine in the head and start anew.

idTech6 is right there if Todd Howard finally wants it, and I'm sure id themselves could help Beth transition to it.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Fallout 4 has even made its way into Rocket League

gbY9LrL.jpg

Fallout frenzy is through the roof today. The game releases tomorrow and reviews just went live earlier this morning. If you hang out in our little corner of the Internet, you can't get away from all the talk.

That madness over Fallout extends to other titles as well. Rocket League is adding a Vault Boy antenna decoration with this week's update. It's free, so there's nothing holding you back from using it to deck out your DeLorean.

Of course, the biggest Fallout fans won't be playing Rocket League this week; they'll be trying to survive in the Wasteland. Maybe if the radiation sickness has them down and out, they'll play some car soccer while recovering.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
#GAMEBRYO

Ehhh I think the issue is not exactly Gamebryo but Bethesda animation and programming team.

*Proceeds to play Catherine and El Shaddai*

Volimar

Of the two, Mr New Vegas is more human and relatable. And it's not really fair to judge radio personalities on their appearances, or I'd have to give that to Mr New Vegas too.

How do you know what Mr. New Vegas looks like? Unless you mean Wayne Newton..

zkylon

zkylewd
actually, the only problem with mr new vegas is that he has too few lines so he repeats a lot. he has a nice, soothing voice so would be nice to hear more of him, while three dog is always shouting and making stupid voices and generally making dumb comments like everyone else on that game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom