• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

to counter all this fllout4 nonsense i bought 2 wii u games and a 3ds game rip todd howard

in steam news the new mutator playlist on rocket league is really fun u shoild check it out

Arthea

Zestiria is a really great game, one of the biggest surprises for me this year and Evangelion was the first anime I ever bought on VHS with my own money and it's pretty important to me.

So yeah I might pay 10€ for that set. Don't know yet as I took a break from the game for Trails SC. I haven't and won't buy any other Zestiria costumes though, the game already has a decent amount included by default.

you realise that you can buy some damn great games for 10€? just sayin

I want another RPG Maker bundle. :\

Humble Aldorlea or Humble Degica FTW.

why would you want that? kindly don't jinx my reality changing thingie by saying things like that! Kecmo HB or bust

you realise that you can buy some damn great games for 10€? just sayin

I already have about 2000 games in my backlog

I'm good for now!

There aren't many games coming out I'm interested in until late January/February as well. Dressing up the Zestiria characters in Evangelion suits will give me more enjoyment than adding another cheap Steam game to my library and not playing it.

Tizoc

Just got my DS2 DE key in my email~

Hopefully Nordic won't have to deal with such things in the future if they release an updated ver. of their titles :3

L.O.R.D

That's Kemco

and also the reason why we don't abbreviate Koei Tecmo as "Kecmo"

I think all of those are older releases that didn't get support patched in though.
New releases should work fine, unless they have lots of touch/motion/camera features, and no one makes those games anymore

what about Ys: Memories of Celceta ? why it's not playable on western release ?
it's only playable with a hack

Deques

How many times I asked nicely not to confuse the two by now?

Kemco, not only, they had some games on PC before and have one one steam now - Alphadia Genesis, also another one greenlit already

Kecmo - Koei Tecmo

edited: KT is too obscure, nobody will understand.

Kecmo is more confusing since I mixed them two. I thought KT was an accepted name for Koei Temco

Arthea

I can't even get DS2 DE key because of being anti season pass and it's OK, I won't budge, if that makes me not loyal, let it be.

Kecmo is more confusing since I mixed them two. I thought KT was an accepted name for Koei Temco

OK... if you people insist I should use KT, I will, until hell breaks loose because nobody understands what I'm talking about.

what about Ys: Memories of Celceta ? why it's not playable on western release ?
it's only playable with a hack

Because Falcom would have to program a patch and they don't care. XSEED can't do anything.
As I said, it's an older game that was in development before PSTV was a thing.

It doesn't make sense since it's possible with a hack, but Sony having weird requirements is nothing new.

Arthea

Anyone knows where I can buy a Steam Wallet code online when I am living outside the US?

you really can't, at least I don't see how, but you can buy in B/S/T (or via steamgaffer) and it'll convert to your local currency, I did that before last Xmas.

edited: if you mean $ code.

offgamers.com

This site is strange. When I open a steam wallet code, it always shows:

"- This product is applicable for US Steam Wallet Codes store only (It is NOT redeemable for Steam Wallet Codes accounts created in other countries than the United States)"

Or Asian countries (China excluded) etc.

Arthea

"- This product is applicable for US Steam Wallet Codes store only (It is NOT redeemable for Steam Wallet Codes accounts created in other countries than the United States)"

be very wary of sites selling only codes, I don't think they can be legit even in theory and if you'll try to buy cards of not your region on the legit site, it won't let you, be it PSN or steam code or whatever else. Many legit sites doesn't do online codes too, you have to buy a card, meaning you have to have US address, some do, but they still won't sell you if your IP and card/paypal address isn't US one, believe me, I tried.

Let's have Humble Trains Simulator bundle then.
Base game PWYW, three DLCs in the BTA, 10 DLCs in the $15, all DLCs in the $300 tier.

Jasec would be ecstatic, I'd prefer KT bundle, tho

edited: it's kinda odd that you aren't interested in any of KT games, tho. Why is that?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Omni

Marble Duel

12 is Better Than 6

ss_608cdfe5405bad8ff60629c29b887ac6f81ef71c.1920x1080.jpg
ss_4825cd3c56a9024cc2f790cabdf2d3b6146894f5.1920x1080.jpg
ss_9559bac4ca5191a2d551ae85ec5d663b13e3a515.1920x1080.jpg
ss_30f80ee78a6de649ec7ee4a12d39de5737886a5e.1920x1080.jpg

Magnetron (EA)

Miff

Is Rocket League fun if you just get to play it alone with randoms?

As long as you can put up with people occasionally leaving as soon as you start to lose, and sore losers sometimes posting a bit of abuse in chat. No different to other online games really. I don't mind since the matches are quite fast and I always seem to get plenty of good matches to outweigh it.

kurahador

It means you must be on US Steam Store to redeem it.

Steam store will automatically changed to the country you're currently logged in from.
To switch it back requires you to prove that you're a US resident to Valve.

Correct me if I'm mistaken.

be very wary of sites selling only codes, I don't think they can be legit even in theory and if you'll try to buy cards of not your region on the legit site, it won't let you, be it PSN or steam code or whatever else. Many legit sites doesn't do online codes too, you have to buy a card, meaning you have to have US address, some do, but they still won't sell you if your IP and card/paypal address isn't US one, believe me, I tried.

Not all. I can buy US PSN code on amazon just fine.

Tenrius

You can buy US PSN codes on amazon.com without any issue (just have to use any US address as your billing address, doesn't have to be valid). It's actually the best way to buy digital PlayStation games if you're from Europe.

dex3108

290k peak already? it will be much more tonight.

Has Fallout beaten GTAV best peak with that?

Nope.

GTA V: 364,548 - all-time peak - 6 months ago

P.S. Jase Ubi is working really hard on AC Syndicate according to SteamDB :D Multiple updates per day.

kurahador

I can't buy anything there, even US address doesn't help

edited: I mean what's not for my region

Well...not sure why that is for you.

AFAIK if you can buy their digital games, you can pretty much buy anything else digital from amazon --- PSN/eshop codes, mmo game codes, etc...

Knurek

edited: it's kinda odd that you aren't interested in any of KT games, tho. Why is that?

I love music from Koei games, especially the old ones when they subcontracted Yoko Kanno and Michiru Oshima
Basically, the minute they stopped using FM synth for music, the minute I stopped caring about them. Just not my cup of tea, game-wise.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Talisman: Prologue -- MB-548A20EE425DDB16 - Taken by gurm3n

The key expires on the 12th so make sure you redeem it ASAP. Same goes for anyone with a free Talisman: Prologue key from the Games Workshop Humble Weekly Bundle from a few weeks ago.

Grief.exe

Fallout 4 is another AAA game where the PC sales are likely comparable to the PS4 in upfront sales.

Calling it rights now, the guy with the Uncharted 4 avatar will add PS4 and XBO sales together in the inevitable sales thread.

Tizoc

Fallout 4 is another AAA game where the PC sales are likely comparable to the PS4 in upfront sales.

Calling it rights now, the guy with the Uncharted 4 avatar will add PS4 and XBO sales together in the inevitable sales thread.

bdFL4RT.gif

Oh those silly little console boys.

OK let's divide time between Anno 2205 and Witcher 1 for now, need to get ready for Witcha 3 and its Season pass going on sale during the Winter Seal.

Tizoc

Bored at work so let me post a quick review/write-up of

I've put 20 hours by now into this game. Samurai Warriors 4-II gameplay-wise is a revision of Samurai Warriors 4. Reading up on both games it seems 4-II has a different story mode to 4, and makes Naomasa Ii the main character for the game.
Set during the Sengoku warring period, various figures from that era are re-imagined in crazy outfits or armor and splashed with a barrel of typical anime tropes.

The gameplay is standard Musou fare, using the PS controller for reference
Square: Light Attack
Triangle: Strong/Dash Attack
X: Jump or dodge
Circle: Musou attack (Super move)
L1: Fixes camera in front of you
R1: Special skill unique to each character
R2: Zooms in on the mini map
L2: Call your horse
Select Button: Switch to Secondary character

Basically you are put into a map where you fight off against hundreds of mooks, you level up as you defeat enemies and generals. Each map has a set of objectives that must be met in order to progress or complete the stage, in addition there are Defeat Conditions, such as if any of your allies die or if an enemy takes control of an area on the map, it's game over.
Not achieving objectives is generally not a game over, but it's generally better to complete them because you get bonus gold, etc. There are also Bonus Objectives, optional ones but there is a decent reward for completing them.

The combat generally has you mashing between Light and Dash attacks in the hopes of taking out as many dozen soldiers as possible and see the KO count rise and rise. For the most part each character has their own unique attack animations, however all characters who are Lvl. 1 only start with a limited set of attack combos and must be played with for a while to unlock more attack combinations.
I should point out that due to some of the bizarre weaponry given to some characters they tend to do some whacky attacks, like Kojuro firing a green laser from the shield on his arm.

The game has a few modes being Story mode, Free mode (play as any character in any of the completed story mode arcs) and Survival mode.
I've put most of my time into Story Mode, and although you can create your own character to play in the game, I didn't bother to do so since I'm generally bad at character creators.

At any rate, Story mode consists of around 10 story arcs wherein you play as various characters. There are cutscenes that play before and after you complete a stage but for whatever bizarre reason, they're 30 FPS and the graphics quality takes a bizarre drop. I prob. should've skipped these cutscenes after finishing the 5th character's story mode since they had a lot of anime tropes applied that I'm surprised I hadn't caught onto them until I finished Yoshitsugu's story mode.

Before playing a stage, you can upgrade/strengthen horses or sell horses you don't want. Horses are the fastest way to go through a stage, as walking on foot takes a longer time to reach certain destinations.
You can also upgrade or sell weapons you've earned from playing through and completing stages. Generally in the lower difficulties you get weapons that go up to Lvl. 10 or 30, but I hadn't played on the higher difficulties to see what stronger weapons looked like.
Finally you can strengthen your characters using a Sphere Grid like menu to get passive abilities (such as increase attack or defense) and active abilities. Active abilities offer bonuses such as earning extra gold or increased attack damage against enemies.

When playing in Story mode you must choose 2 characters which you can switch between using the Select button, this allows the player to have one character focus on one objective while the other can be used to complete another.

While the gameplay would've felt repetitive, I still enjoyed playing through the story mode, mainly as it gave me that beat'em-up fix I've been craving for quite some time. And for as absurd some attacks looked they were really cool and wracking up 1000+ KOs per stage was fun to achieve.

I can't comment on the music much, as it did nothing for me. It was good for what it was but nothing memorable like Sengoku Basara's character themes.

This being KOEI Tecmo their PC releases have been criticized for the substandard graphics and some performance issues on some PCs, while I can't say for certain if this applies to SW 4-2, the main character models all look good and animate really well.
The graphics options aren't that major but on my end I had to use NVidia Control Panel to get the game to run at 60 FPS with settings at max. While I do get single digit dips, nothing gamebreaking has ever occurred to me.

One major gripe I have is that for whatever absurd reason, KOEI Tecmo didn't bother to have icons switched out; basically each button or command has its own icon and the game displays this even during tutorials. You'd think they'd show 360 buttons or even keyboard keys but no you get to see an icon and figure out for yourself what it does.

Overall if you want to experience a Musou game, this or One Piece PW3 would be a good entry, both are easy to get into and pick up and their gameplay and combat is fun in short bursts. If you want to experience a completely different game, try playing on higher difficulties although this is something best perused when you have stronger weapons and are at a high level.

Tizoc

That was nice write-up, thanks.
some day it will be cheap enough for me to pick up, no rush.

I would vastly prefer Sengoku Basara on steam, tbh, but I don't see that happening.

I wholeheartedly agree, SB does better use of anime tropes with its characters especially when the series in general doesn't shy from cranking the wackiness up to 11,000.

Also SB has the better character designs, I mean this is Musou's Mitsunari
i02dFgd.jpg

He fights with a friggin' fan...

Now OK Basara's Mitsunari may have a mancrush ove Hideyoshi, a total jerkass to everyone, and can't stop shouting IEYASU's name if they're on the same battlefield, but he has a slick pompadour and uses Iai-jutsu, and actually looks like someone you do not want to mess with
aBeE3xV.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom