• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I wholeheartedly agree, SB does better use of anime tropes with its characters especially when the series in general doesn't shy from cranking the wackiness up to 11,000.

Also SB has the better character designs, I mean this is Musou's Mitsunari
http://i.imgur.com/i02dFgd.jpg[/img
He fights with a friggin' fan...

Now OK Basara's Mitsunari may have a mancrush ove Hideyoshi, a total jerkass to everyone, and can't stop shouting IEYASU's name if they're on the same battlefield, but he has a slick pompadour and uses Iai-jutsu, and actually looks like someone you do not want to mess with
[img]http://i.imgur.com/aBeE3xV.png[/img[/QUOTE]

yeah, SB characters look great. I like SB injokes, shouting ones too, and overall insanity is on just right level.

[quote="Deques, post: 184907723"]Let's hope for Humble KT Bundle :)[/QUOTE]

it'll totally happen

aw350

Banned
Indiegala is funny.

They have an ad that reads "Team 17 publisher week, up to 95% on steam games". You click the ad, see a list of games, and the highest discount is 80%. I suppose 80% is technically "up to 95%", but...

Knurek

Yikes, ROTR struggling to hit 30 fps, despite Crystal Dynamics having all the time in the world to optimize for XBONE.

Really hoping the PC port fares better, especially given how CPU-bound TR2013 was.

derFeef

Yikes, ROTR struggling to hit 30 fps, despite Crystal Dynamics having all the time in the world to optimize for XBONE.

Really hoping the PC port fares better, especially given how CPU-bound TR2013 was.

It's not optimal, but "struggling to hit" is an exaggeration, at least according to DF.

F the haters. Coming from highly disappointed and making fun at first screens and trailers, the more I see of Fallout 4 - even the "lol wtf this shit" posts -, the more I want to play it. Looks good and like loads of fun.
http://38.media.tumblr.com/8cd37c6b8a6ceef5ec6cd80ddb2174fd/tumblr_nt8r43CfmG1uqf15co1_400.gif

and now, Fallout
I'm impressed, in 8 hours of playing Fallout 4, I've run into less issues than I did my first 8 hours of Witcher 3 during it's launch.
Welcome back, you both. Guess you got caught up in the fallout of some heated thread.... I'll see myself out.
Well here's the Swedish prime minister posing with his counterpart in fallout 4

h7p7BKH.png

I spent an hour doing this shit
latest

Uncanny.
Quelle surprise. It recognizes mostly western names. Meh.

Hearing the xbox one version of ROTR has screen tearing instantly puts me off it, gotta wait for that pc version now :) hope it wont be too long

Dr Dogg

All the time in the world? I wonder what world you come from sometimes.

Finished the BLOPS 3 campaign. It was fun to play but god damn the story is absolute nonsense. Third game in a row Treyarch overestimates their writing prowess. Or they just didn't give a fuck.

Game also got quite challenging in a few levels at hardened difficulty. Respect to anyone who actually suffers through the whole thing in realistic mode.

Lara Croft GO is 1,99€ on the Windows Store and Android and iOS.

Thanks for the reminder. Definitely need to pick this up.

Cross-posting from the performance thread..
Alright, here goes.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE 3,2Ghz
AMD HD 7870 OC edition 2GB
8GB of Memory
Windows 7

The game is running at 40-50ish fps most of the time, from exploring the wasteland to the little towns like Concord. It managed to hold low 40s with some drop to 30s in the town where the raider factory is located. That's the lowest deep I've ever seen so far.

Settings and screen:

Q6fvJOB.png

o6Na3tm.jpg

As expected, my archaic PC still managed to deal with the newest games. After GTA V, Witcher 3 and MGS V, it's now running Fallout 4 at an impressive output as usual. And guys, Fallout 4 graphics are gorgeous. Don't trust the naysayers. :p

aw350

Banned
As expected, my archaic PC still managed to deal with the newest games. After GTA V, Witcher 3 and MGS V, it's now running Fallout 4 at an impressive output as usual. And guys, Fallout 4 graphics are gorgeous. Don't trust the naysayers. :p

Regarding Fallout 4, there's some scary talk about frame rate on PC dropping all the way to zero (in some places / under some circumstances).

(But I agree it looks gorgeous.)

Cross-posting from the performance thread..

You know they spent time on the PC version when the graphics settings aren't actually a menu in the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
i had a dream about fallout 4's inventory system

it was more like a nightmare but it looked not improved from fo3

Wow I know it's an old engine but Fallout's graphics are unacceptable
the tiling is really obvious when zoomed out like that but there's a ton of detail in the models and backgrounds and the animations and talking heads are super well done too

i think it looks great to this day

also i read your other post so i know you're kidding but just wanted to randomly call fallout pretty :>

Cool!

I've added it to the cart but apparently is not available to my country (aka there is no purchase button).
I'm at the office right now so I cannot do any shenanigan, nor can access half the good internet, but anyway: will I need to VPN-activate it on Steam or is it enough to VPN-buy it on Nuuvem and then I get a region free key?
i never know with nuuvem tbh since i'm in south america too

It seems to have gone up :(
ah that sucks

it was kind of weird cos it said it had to verify my key but i got access to it immediately anyways

i don't think it was a price error? i dunno..

Dr Dogg

I mean, as compared to splitting resources between XBone, X360, PS4, PS3 and PC.

(Yes, I know there's a X360 version. Nixxes seems to have handled that).

Come on there's clearly a limited amount of time, a limited budget and a limited hardware celling. Even focusing on one platform developers don't just sprinkle pixie dust on things and suddenly they become better. Sometimes there's trade off that has to be made and it looks like a stable framerate and dropping vysnc was the sacrifice CD opted for rather than cutting resolution, effects quailty or shader complexity. Did Crytek also have all the time in the world with Ryse? Christ that was a Kinect game for the 360 a one point.

What is a bit worrying from Dark's article is when he mentions input latency isn't great. Espeically when he references OG Tomb Raider on the PS3 felt more responsive. Granted that is based on a subjective feeling than factual metrics (though in the era of cheap high speed cameras testing input latency should be quite simple for consoles). I can deal with a few splutters here and there but sluggish or unresponsive controls in an action orientated game, especially one that's at ~30fps as is, are more my concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom