• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Received my Steam controller today, to my surprise, as I were expecting to get it in 1-2 weeks.

Anyway, my first impression is positive, as the design fits my hands and it rests nicely in my palms. I were afraid of the handles going the opposite way of the traditional controller but it felt nice from the start. Not better than the grip of a traditional controller though.

The haptics feels fantastic, and I can reach all buttons with no problems, including the colored A, B, X and Y buttons.

Now I'll have to learn to both use a Steam controller and a Elite controller.

today is suppose to be the day steam will change the prices in my region to SAR
steam maintenance every Tuesday , but what time ?

Same time as always.

latest

RL DLC Worth It?

Rogue Legacy has DLC? BUY BUY BUY BUY. DEFINITELY WORTH "IT".

oh man I forgot to post

the peanuts movie was fantastic

This is good to hear! Im interested and i hate going to the movies.

If it wasnt obvious by my bad joke, i started playing og fallout for like the fifth time. This time i recruited ian and did the radroach quest so im actually making progress this time. This might be the playthrough where i stick throught it. I really dont wanna go back to dota

Knurek

Come on there's clearly a limited amount of time, a limited budget and a limited hardware celling. Even focusing on one platform developers don't just sprinkle pixie dust on things and suddenly they become better.

You know, I don't think this cuts for a game that MS moneyhatted, and for a game that was supposed to steal UC4 thunder in the busiest season of the year.
I know we PC gamers are entitled (or as some folks would put it, we throw money/hardware at the problem), but seriously, is a game that looks bad (terrible aliasing as per DF article) and performs bad (framerate, input as per DF article) really something that should be given an easy time because 'developing games is hard'?

Yes, I may have chosen the original phrasing badly, I'll grant you that. We all know there's a limited amount of time to write a post, limited proofreading budget and limited language knowledge of the poster. I wish you'd give CD half a much of hard time as you've given me

On another note (still need a steam wallet code):

Mangagamer and Ghostlight games were quick to fix it so you can buy their games in China now. TheTrin from Playism said they also look into this issue as well as JastUSA.

Koei-Tecmo is kinda strange though. Almost all games from them are available to buy in China (got new prices) but not Yaiba and Samurai Warriors.

aw350

Banned
You know, I don't think this ...

BTW, that's off-topic, but
I remember you mentioning that you are an expert on Japan (Eastern cultures?) and I also remember that you said that Japanese play games on phones and think whoever plays games on PCs is a perv. I didn't know Japanese had these views on PC gamers, now I wonder what they think about manga / anime - is that accepted form of entertainment or?

Sorry for the OT.

Knurek

BTW, that's off-topic, but
I remember you mentioning that you are an expert on Japan (Eastern cultures?) and I also remember that you said that Japanese play games on phones and think whoever plays games on PCs is a perv. I didn't know Japanese had these views on PC gamers, now I wonder what they think about manga / anime - is that accepted form of entertainment or?

Sorry for the OT.

Manga is accepted, everybody reads it.
Anime is for kids or pedos (unless it's a Ghibli movie)

Teggy

My Fallout 4 is very often running at exactly 72 FPS, so something weird must be going on. The suggested fix for getting SLI going doesn't seem to be working either.

Also, when I started playing around with things I started getting a bunch of crashes, and I've also hit the bug where you get a stuck at a terminal a bunch of times. PC gaming, yeah!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Just Cause 2 multiplayer to get big patch, adds Steam Achievements

A couple of months ago the Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Mod team created a chunky new patch and put it into public beta. This week (November 11th, to be precise) that patch goes live for everyone, and finally brings a huge set of fixes and additions to the mod. The big addition that lots of people will be excited for is the addition of Steam Achievements, but there’s lots more to come too.

No surprises here, but Just Cause 2 is one of the best sandbox games on PC. Take a look at the list to see what else made the cut.

The 0.2 release patch adds scriptable client actors, so players can create their own NPCs. Civilian models are now supported, allowing a vast range of characters. Depth Tested Rendering is now allowed in the game world, and basic unicode supports adds more languages. The menu has been overhauled for easy access to favorite servers, and Steam Achievements can now be unlocked by completing tasks with other players.

The massive changelog with all the smaller changes and bug fixes can be found over at the Just Cause 2 Multiplayer forums.

The 0.2 patch will be made live on November 11th at 08:00 UTC.

dex3108

R6 Siege System Requirements

MINIMUM

• Supported OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions required)
  • Processor: Intel Core i3 560 @ 3.3 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3.0 GHz
  • RAM: 6GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5870 (DirectX-11 compliant with 1GB of VRAM) [See list of supported video cards down below]
  • DVD ROM: Drive DVD-ROM Dual Layer
  • Sound DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
  • Hard Drive: 30GB
  • Multiplayer Broadband connection with 256kbps upstream or faster

RECOMMENDED

• Supported OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions required)
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or better or AMD FX-8120 @ 3.1 Ghz or better
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (or GTX760 / GTX960) or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (or R9 280x [2GB VRAM] / R9 380 / Fury X) [See list of supported video cards down below]
  • DVD ROM Drive: DVD-ROM Dual Layer
  • Sound DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card 5.1 with latest drivers
  • Hard Drive : 47GB
  • Multiplayer Broadband connection with 512kbps upstream or faster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom