• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
More poop

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Blood of Old -- MB-8C189C593532F7C1 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Anoxemia -- MB-D2197E35EFCCA9EF - Taken by Purkake4
Tea Party Simulator 2015 -- MB-75D57559B4CC6C63 - Taken by darkchewie
The 39 Steps -- MB-D44B9AA6449A5E61 - Taken by xGreg
Racer 8 -- MB-58BD52174CD43364 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Burgers -- MB-6BA2E2A929C5D4AC - Taken by redlacs
Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-7FBDABB9E11E17B8 - Taken by Blood Diamonds
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-B4EBB1A5C1A040C7 - Taken by ExoSoul

Eila

Don't give up, keep practicing when you get some free time. Look at pixel art you like, and styles, and keep practicing. You'll find your own style in time. Same with programming and ideas. Keep a book next to your bed, as I often find I get a ton of ideas as I'm drifting off to sleep (which is unfortunate). Programming will come in time too. Break it down into small parts and learn each bit - movement, interactions, menus, tools, etc. It helps to write down what you want to happen in your game, and break down all the parts so you know exactly what you have to build. Small steps to make a bigger picture. Like Lego.

Oh wow you actually believed me. It was some self-depreciating humor, that is often seen in people who use anime avatars in web forums.
I haven't tried to make a game yet, but I think I could get by the programming part on something like Gamemaker, at a least. I did buy those humble game making bundles. Definitely need to put those licenses to use.

Kinda want to create one to inform which game that can completely played with one hand.

As disabled person I need that kind of information, but no one seem make that kind of curator maybe I should start it myself.
Sounds cool. I know Turfster will appreciate it.

Like every other Bethesda game, mods will fix Fallout 4 over time, regardless of any shortcomings on release. Besides whatever fixes come from updates/DLC by Bethesda themselves.

Oh wow you actually believed me. It was some self-depreciating humor, that is often seen in people who use anime avatars in web forums.
I haven't tried to make a game yet, but I think I could get by the programming part on something like Gamemaker, at a least. I did buy those humble game making bundles. Definitely need to put those licenses to use.

GameMaker is a great starter tool to programming and it very easily opens itself up to something more complex if you're willing to learn the language. Some great games have been made with GM:S. I'd recommend messing about with it for a weekend. I think the GameMaker Jam Weekend has just been.

I know Golem is thinking about starting an RPG Maker Community thread at some point, so there's that option too.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I know Golem is thinking about starting an RPG Maker Community thread at some point, so there's that option too.

Already live! Proven to be a useful resource and it's only been a week and some change. Has good advice and tutorials for XP/VX Ace and MV, so worth checking out unless you're using the very outdated 2000/2003 that recently got added to Steam.

fertygo

Football Manager is all you need!

That's interesting though as that's something I've never thought when designing a game. What do you mainly play? RTS? Strategy Games? PnCs?

RTS actually quite hard to play with one hand, all the shortcut is in keyboard can be pretty offputting..

Turn-based game and lootRPG like diablo/torchlight is usually the most comfortable for me to play, PNC too but I'm not too big on those :D

I somewhat can play action game with mapping AWSD key to controller and put it in my feet, but I usually can't play something that need too complex precision (like platformer) that way tho.

Oh any QTE also gonna screw me up =p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Like every other Bethesda game, mods will fix Fallout 4 over time, regardless of any shortcomings on release. Besides whatever fixes come from updates/DLC by Bethesda themselves.

I'll be happy with just being able to increase my carry weight via the console. You never know when you may need those 1,245 wheels of cheese!

Popstar

I was actually about to also reply with a "don't give up so quick!" post. You fooled me too. heh.

I'll be happy with just being able to increase my carry weight via the console. You never know when you may need those 1,245 wheels of cheese!

carry weight is something i always change as well, let me hoard pls, don't give me your annoying carry limit unless I'm playing in hardcore mode.

Eila

RTS actually quite hard to play with one hand, all the shortcut is in keyboard can be pretty offputting..

Turn-based game and lootRPG like diablo/torchlight is usually the most comfortable for me to play, PNC too but I'm not too big on those :D

I somewhat can play action game with mapping AWSD key to controller and put it in my feet, but I usually can't play something that need too complex precision (like platformer) that way tho.

Oh any QTE also gonna screw me up =p
Have you tried one of these? They make them mostly for RPGs, but I reckon you could comfortably play some other stuff on it.
ascii-grip-v2.jpg

The wii nunchuck but with more buttons would be perfect. I wonder if anyone has made that.

Grief.exe

Despite my best efforts to shrug it off, I've finally reached the point where I'm sick and tired of people telling me that I'm hopelessly obsessed or creepy. I'm not an idiot -- I can certainly understand what the whole thing looks like from their perspective -- but I'm over having to defend myself. I can't do anything about the opinions people have formed over the past few years (hi, Mr. Luchador <3), but at least I no longer have to worry about that pool growing larger going forward.

I've had Anderson Cooper as my avatar for years, I don't understand where the difference lies between what you choose to use as your avatar and what I use for my avatar.

Have you tried one of these? They make them mostly for RPGs, but I reckon you could comfortably play some other stuff on it.
ascii-grip-v2.jpg

The wii nunchuck but with more buttons would be perfect. I wonder if anyone has made that.

That looks cool actually.

r3n4ud

I've had Anderson Cooper as my avatar for years, I don't understand where the difference lies between what you choose to use as your avatar and what I use for my avatar.

No one talks about your avatar...

Anyways, hate to see you give into the hate Jase. Fuck 'em

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Happy Halloween!
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GuardianE, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition -- MB-75351FF35036AAD9 - Taken by miniDood. 93 entrants total.

t1446420949z1.png

Who wants to read my blog about how the reaction to the fine folks behind gamersgate proves beyond a doubt that we actually live in a matriarchy.

fertygo

ascii-grip-v2.jpg

PS4 thankfully have internal mapping now, so whenever I get it for Persona 5, its fine :D

For PC I figure I need to invest to those high end mouse and/or Steam controller, my pet peeve is when devs lock input system where you can only chose gamepad or KB/M and cannot use BOTH, that sucks.

Jawmuncher

PS4 thankfully have internal mapping now, so whenever I get it for Persona 5, its fine :D

For PC I figure I need to invest to those high end mouse and/or Steam controller, my pet peeve is when devs lock input system where you can only chose gamepad or KB/M and cannot use BOTH, that sucks.

But yeah that would be a good curator group.

Bought a pack of not your father's root beer because people talk about how good it is and nope, still tastes like shitty beer. One day I'll find a good one.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Bought a pack of not your father's root beer because people talk about how good it is and nope, still tastes like shitty beer. One day I'll find a good one.

I didn't quite get a beer taste out of it, but I couldn't drink more than one because of how sickeningly sweet it was. Whole bottom half of the bottle might as well have been molasses.

Jawmuncher

I didn't quite get a beer taste out of it, but I couldn't drink more than one because of how sickeningly sweet it was. Whole bottom half of the bottle might as well have been molasses.

Then don't try the coney, it's even sweeter. But I prefer it since it's smoother because of it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Then don't try the coney, it's even sweeter. But I prefer it since it's smoother because of it.

I guess it really depends on the overall profile of the flavor too. I enjoy very dark stouts and porters but I also love Belgian/Trappist styles which are known for being fruity, sweet and hefty. I guess the licorice taste of root beer tends to work against itself when the brewers do what they can to try and eliminate the beer flavor with as much root beer as they can.

KingKong

Absolute best thing about playing Bethesda games on PC is that you can use 'movetoqt' to teleport to quest markers.

I think that saved me about 50 hours of pointless running and fast travelling

Yeah, it's a bit too sweet for me but I don't drink soda at all so tasting like root beer is probably weird on its own for me. It tastes like root beer at first but than you can taste the beer at the back of your throat after a few seconds. Reminds me of those sweet tea "moonshine" drinks, lol.

Trying to get into beer just because it seems interesting but at this point I mostly either go for crazy margaritas where you can't taste the alcohol at all or really hard liquors where I just suck it up and do shots, lol.

Absolute best thing about playing Bethesda games on PC is that you can use 'movetoqt' to teleport to quest markers.

I think that saved me about 50 hours of pointless running and fast travelling
I played like 20 hours of the game doing this because I installed so many mods without taking care that half the open world broke, lol.

i'm curious: what type of handicapped are you?

Soulflarz

Banned
FWIW whenever you see combo videos of Virgil and haven't mastered him yourself, be reminded that the autocombos the game has for him are ridiculously long, so what may look pro level is really someone just doing one or two of his normal attacks.

dot

Damn, i think i'm gonna go play some DMC4SE now again. So good.

the time has come

and so have i

That Fallout 4 screenshot thread is amazing.

Ru3sxAj.jpg

Fox Engine putting Bethesda to shame.
Lots of low res hair as compared to just a bit?

MGS V is very much a last gen game in most ways, terrible textures abound and they removed the specular lighting that Ground Zeroes had on pc.

ExoSoul

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Radical Roach Deluxe -- MB-DA38903F1A8939C0 - Taken by gurm3n

I'm lazy, I'll pm you the key.
Again, sorry Winter. I just can't help myself around roaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom