• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I totally missed that. Unfortunately, with it being now and not at the true end of the month, it's probably going straight to the backlog.

I will be playing fallout / JC3 until the winter sale so i will pick up then. That being said is there a fall sale? Like black friday?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I wonder if Dota 2 will see a jump now that Valve are taking over for Nexon in Korea. Probably not a significant number, I don't think Koreans play Dota 2. They might have been counted already anyway

bigzgod

Could anyone redeem Descent Underground on Alienware? Any tips to circumvent the high traffic error?

Honestly, just keep refreshing. Eventually, you'll get through. I didn't even get a message that I was in the queue, just one of those refreshes somehow managed to send it through and I got the key in my email inbox.

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Dungeon Defenders II got cards.

Turfster

JFC you can't interim save in the
final section
of Read Only Memories
and have to listen to the whole spiel over and over again if you fail?

So, guys. If I ask my brother (who is in Chile) to buy Borderlands 2 GOTY for me, he shouldn't have any problems activating it on my account right?

I'm in Australia, the game is $20 here on sale (vs $7.5 in Chile).

Phinor

Fallout 4 is slowly reaching current Dota 2 numbers. This is insane :D Thirst is real :D

Watching Skyrim reach new heights for PC/Steam was pretty fantastic four years ago. At the time it almost felt like it made PC gaming legit again after years and years of piracy, low sales numbers, crappy PC ports (if a PC version was released at all) etc. Not that Skyrim was a good PC port but at least it was (mostly) fixable through the ini files and such... much like Fallout 4.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Watching Skyrim reach new heights for PC/Steam was pretty fantastic four years ago. At the time it almost felt like it made PC gaming legit again after years and years of piracy, low sales numbers, crappy PC ports (if a PC version was released at all) etc. Not that Skyrim was a good PC port but at least it was (mostly) fixable through the ini files and such... much like Fallout 4.

Was the lead on Skyrim the 360 or PS3? Because the game was buggier on those platforms. Beth games feel like PC games.

Haunted

Not strictly Steam related, but I feel like both Turing (little blue robot from Read Only Memories) and Skinny Mario from Super Mario Maker could be contenders for best new character 2015.

Today's the day boys and girls. The day where I either live up to my tag or transcend it
Good luck chasing that D

Phinor

Was the lead on Skyrim the 360 or PS3? Because the game was buggier on those platforms. Beth games feel like PC games.

The game was buggy on consoles, true, especially on PS3 with the late game saves issue. But the PC version was also similarly buggy and additionally it lacked (in official capacity) pretty much the same PC features Fallout 4 lacks. Proper mouse support, high fps support, FOV support etc. Almost all of these are fixable afterwards, but in four years Bethesda didn't do anything to fix the issue(s). That's pretty much what I meant. PC version is still easily the most versatile and more importantly, the strength of PC is being able to fix (most) issues developers don't give a damn.

cyba89

Speaking of Hotline Miami 2: I wonder what's up with the level editor. They said it was "pretty close to completition" six months ago.

Bethesda laughing all the way to the bank with those numbers. I did expect a big success but not like this. Seems to me Skyrim had a lot more presence than Fallout 4 actually.

Uzzy

Oh neat, the best game of 2014, Transistor, is in the sale. Remember to get the soundtrack, as you can grab a FLAC version by emailing proof of purchase to Supergiant Games.

Or, you could not get the best game of 2014. That's cool too. I won't judge much.

Lomax

Skyrim always felt like the lead was the PC. Oblivion was more a 360 game though.

If Fallout 4 gets to the top of the list, it will be the first non-Valve game there since Dota became a thing.

I think Fallout has a much high ratio of players right now too, like I don't think this means 5 million sales already (since 10% is considered the typical ratio). I think it means more like 2-3 million. Still extremely impressive though, far more than I expected honestly.

Oh neat, the best game of 2014, Transistor, is in the sale. Remember to get the soundtrack, as you can grab a FLAC version by emailing proof of purchase to Supergiant Games.

Or, you could not get the best game of 2014. That's cool too. I won't judge much.

Transistor didn't even make my top 5 for 2014.
It was kind of disappointing to me... I had such high hopes after finishing Bastion.
It's still a solid game... it might've been in my top 10 for 2014 for the GAF GotY voting, if it makes you feel any better.

That all said, it's worth the current $4.99 entry price, for sure.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Rk3XS5p.png

I agree with Uzzy, best game of 2014

Monooboe

Uugh, just one more thing to do in Arkham Knight, I'm 97,2% done and I just to capture the Riddler... but to do that I have to find all his riddles and they are MANY.... think I will skip the "real" ending.

Lomax

It was kind of disappointing to me... I had such high hopes after finishing Bastion.
It's still a solid game... it might've been in my top 10 for 2014 for the GAF GotY voting, if it makes you feel any better.

That all said, it's worth the current $4.99 entry price, for sure.

Pretty much exactly how I felt. I liked it, and loved the atmosphere. But for as much hype as I had for it when it was announced, it just never lived up to that for me. But it is well worth playing.

Edit: Dota 2 is down to number three for the first time ever, as far as I can recall. CS:GO is spiking back up though, I don't think Fallout is going to catch it.

Fallout 4 just surpassed Dota 2 ...

I never thought Fallout 4 would be this big. Bigger than GTA V, by quite the margin. I mean you can't even kill hookers in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom