• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
can't remember anyone here telling me that Danmaku Unlimited 2 was so feckin cool

I've said good things about it and I know Rayge (who I see replied himself already) likes to preach about it's awesomeness, especially considering the 3rd game is coming.

axiom verge sale could be better

especially considering the price shovel knight is going for right now.

jerks

Yeah! How dare a guy who spent 3+ years on a passion project, working as a 1 man team, get paid for his work. Fuck feeding his family, totally a dick move by him to only offer 30% off.

And fuck him for having a baby and not prioritizing the Vita version while he's at it!

That 1% off on Axiom Verge. Can only laugh.

1%? It was 30% earlier.

Lomax

It could still reach 500K over the weekend. We will see.

The first day peak is always the highest. Looks like EU is starting to drop off now, though west coast getting off of school could give it one last blip up. I don't think it will make 500k though, but I'm pretty impressed with how high it got.

Dr Dogg

The fucking looners in the RotTeR OT are both hilarious and scary. Been a while since I've stuck my head in a purely console OT, guess they all went to shit then huh? Ah well hope they have scuttled away come Friday.

Also see Pete Hines is doing what Pete Hines does best. Surprised he didn't cite technical reasons, at least it would make sense this time.

Jawmuncher

Speaking of Tomb Raider of it keeps up it'll easily surpass one for me. We're looking at quite the improvement in every category. Since it'll be on PC later I'll do my impression. Piece in here still when I beat it this weekend.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I don't have to wonder which game to buy with card moneys any more, thanks a lot InfiniteNine!! :D

Setting framerate over 60fps in Mushihimeshama seems to do weird things to gamespeed

Dota is now basically dead in Korea as Nexon won't be publishing it anymore, but Valve will through Steam. And since they won't market it....

Holy crap... I FINALLY got into the queue for Alienware's Descent Underground giveaway. Try now if you had no luck before.
I spoke too damn soon. :(

"Unable to Assign a Key for Descent: Underground Steam Early Access Key Giveaway"

What a terrible website and giveaway. I don't mean to sound entitled, but Jesus Christ, if their site was up to the load and people were assigned keys as they tried for them, I could handle not getting there in time.

Arthea

only thing I need to know about RotTR that they ditched QTEs for good, but I don't particularly want to venture into threads, because who knows when we are getting it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
fallout rekt
FC3F48E268F7F646239FC84275F7F25F89FED59E

Granjinha

Welp, here it is. Got some repeated games on humble monthly, so i'm giving it away!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Granjinha, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-DC2A70D409579A23 - Taken by Lomax. 9 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-5A60CDC0B8A9FBEE - Taken by Se7enSword. 6 entrants total.
Saints Row IV -- MB-6F19789E52EE51A1 - Taken by impact. 2 entrants total.
Besiege -- MB-F3C99881FB2E6653 - Taken by Purkake4. 7 entrants total.

t1447196726z1.png

Zeeman

Hmm, Stanley Parable or Grim Fandango? I only have enough money in my Steam wallet for one. Does anyone think they might be cheaper in the Winter sale?

Dr Dogg

only thing I need to know about RotTR that they ditched QTEs for good, but I don't particularly want to venture into threads, because who knows when we are getting it.

They were pretty front loaded in Tomb Raider '13 and not many at all compared to the absurd amount in Legend. You too scared to look in case you get tempted to the dark side?

though what do you expect from a company that banned me from twitch

Good things.

We know well enough when we're getting it. In the first 6 months of 2016. I can't remember the exact details, but it was something like PC in March/April, PS4 in May/June.

Jawmuncher

They're still there in the same capacity reboot had.
Mash X to get out of trap or break wall, press X to grab ledge, etc

Granjinha

Hmm, Stanley Parable or Grim Fandango? I only have enough money in my Steam wallet for one. Does anyone think they might be cheaper in the Winter sale?

I'm pretty sure Grim Fandango can be. Anyway, for that price, Grim Fandango is totally worth it. I like Stanley, but GF is a classic.

Hinomura

It really is. I've been a huge Shadowrun fan for almost 2 decades so it's especially great to have something like that.
I've rent the SNES/SuperFamicom game a few times and finished it two times, before buying it and finishing it again. And then I played it on emulators and finished it a few times again along the years.

But, I've yet to properly play the Steam games; days like today working 8-22 with 15 minutes breaks for lunch and dinner, and having just the strength to post this may suggest me something... aside giving SteamGAF a good night :)

At least I'm playing Zestiria with my daughter in the weekends! ^__^

def sim

My sister really wants to play ROTR and we have our accounts on each other's xbones, so I picked it up digitally. I have to play through TR2013 first and it has been pretty fun so far, enough to convince me that skipping on Fallout 4 was the right choice. yay

edit: kinda hoping she picks up fallout 4 on steam so i can family share it she's been slacking damn yo

They could probably be cheaper in the Winter Sale, but there's no guarantee.
Stanley Parable is much shorter than Grim Fandango.
I thought Grim Fandango was a fun ride from start to finish story wise, with good voice acting, but I'm not sure it aged as well as people wanted it to.

Yeah it was, seems like that is over now and they are doing that a joke or something.

Or Steam could be having issues cause it's around "Maintenance O'Clock" on a Tuesday.
I see the page title says 1% (and it comes up that way in a google search, which everyone in here has never heard of, apparently)... but it still looks fine to me on the actual store page where it matters:

Regginator

from the recent indie gala giveaway, got one extra for a friend of mine but turns out he already owned a copy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

lucius (steam) -- MB-3336887A3E161300 - Taken by Corvo Jensen. 1 entrants total.

t1447197326z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Kagemusha, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 57 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic -- MB-FA0DDC5550EAB6CA - Taken by derExperte. 5 entrants total.
Talisman: Digital Edition Frostmarch Expansion -- MB-429921BE0A10572E - Taken by bigzgod. 2 entrants total.
Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition -- MB-25CB4F1B05DDA285 - Taken by BinaryPork2737. 12 entrants total.
Contagion #3 -- MB-DCF70A65B9D31F7D - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
Contagion #2 -- MB-DA8A0ADC8AF3C52E - Taken by Neverforget. 2 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-847AFA4CDF152E65 - Taken by Regginator. 4 entrants total.
Contagion #4 -- MB-82212A0FE03254E1 - Taken by TheAutomator
Red Faction Guerrilla Steam Edition -- MB-746561071C5999E3 - Taken by fuzzy123. 8 entrants total.
Zombie Kill of the Week - Reborn : -- MB-799CDE6E82B29107
No Time To Explain Remastered : -- MB-BFE4AC803B0C35A6 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 5 entrants total.
Resident Evil 5 -- MB-3B2E67387168C69C - Taken by Sarcasm. 17 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey -- MB-C487F07F60C602C3 - Taken by Madn. 9 entrants total.
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds -- MB-3743FFDA9FCFD52A - Taken by Empty Space. 5 entrants total.
ENSLAVED : Odyssey to the West Premium -- MB-9C2D4B03505B917A - Taken by ExoSoul. 16 entrants total.
Resident Evil 4 -- MB-069901E93EB94A35 - Taken by trailmix16. 19 entrants total.
Citizens of Earth -- MB-96F549638303D939 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 13 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-98F82640BDCF120D - Taken by Vazduh. 27 entrants total.
Space Hulk - Ultimate Pack -- MB-E9B70659091207AB - Taken by Kuroyume. 11 entrants total.
Crimsonland -- MB-44CF647CA9D91FD2 - Taken by Adnor. 3 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-237D7ADDEB6966AC - Taken by darkchewie
Strata -- MB-A98713DF379B5E45 - Taken by Kuroyume
STRIDER -- MB-BF8AD80F9B4875FC - Taken by Neverforget. 6 entrants total.
The Marvellous Miss Take -- MB-42351771F082E3C8 - Taken by alr1ght. 11 entrants total.
TRI: Of Friendship and Madness -- MB-93C06B684DBF899B - Taken by ramoisdead. 16 entrants total.
FOTONICA -- MB-F394C89C34E22D42 - Taken by fenners. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-446D9D8BAC3E7892 - Taken by bobnowhere. 19 entrants total.
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX Plus All You Can Eat -- MB-86181CFA0A5F884B - Taken by bloke. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
LOST PLANET 3 -- MB-9F07F7AB68ADBAF0 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 7 entrants total.
Talisman: Prologue -- MB-8B2D5955FE26AECC - Taken by Fare Godmace. 2 entrants total.
Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive -- MB-16C057EF5B1D9B99 - Taken by gelf. 6 entrants total.
Another Perspective -- MB-DF0E129F0A664F3D - Taken by Belgarion. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Resident Evil Revelations -- MB-AA8D3A929FD3F783 - Taken by laserlaser. 24 entrants total.
Jagged Alliance 1: Gold Edition -- MB-DC95E03A397351C1 - Taken by Jalal
Euro Truck Simulator 2 : -- MB-A50901E3192C7661 - Taken by fuzzy123. 5 entrants total.
Coffin Dodgers -- MB-CAC79D2ECA6DBD82 - Taken by Last Baron. 1 entrants total.
Contagion -- MB-DD06445A5AC53107 - Taken by Roboleon. 1 entrants total.
Total War: SHOGUN 2 Collection : -- MB-E5106BFFBC830C1D - Taken by SSPssp. 20 entrants total.
Talisman: Digital Edition -- MB-90B07B5C2A8E8CE6 - Taken by Dr.Acula
Beware Planet Earth! -- MB-A00250695A97B6C6 - Taken by gurm3n. 4 entrants total.
Interplanetary -- MB-46DC7A026B141ABA - Taken by Stronghammer22. 2 entrants total.
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1: Penal Colony : -- MB-E68F7FF3294AEE0C
Napoleon: Total War Collection -- MB-E1DD2DFE307C791D - Taken by oipic. 13 entrants total.
Chainsaw Warrior : -- MB-B62169664C643FCC - Taken by Ozium. 3 entrants total.
Platformines -- MB-136C0DBD6863EB58 - Taken by darkchewie. 4 entrants total.
Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-E5796865C9557F58 - Taken by DaBargainHunta
Monster Loves You! -- MB-D252B1B6098AE2F0 - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.
DeadCore -- MB-7B288D8795691915 - Taken by user237. 5 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-A6FCB38D739399A9 - Taken by aw350. 2 entrants total.
Insurgency -- MB-270B318F9E47E71D - Taken by Stronghammer22. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Blackguards -- MB-917001EE2DB3D9D7 - Taken by fertygo. 6 entrants total.
Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space -- MB-499D046D2ADE7ADD - Taken by Hektor. 2 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey #2 -- MB-915EB96E5E2E9322 - Taken by the_firewithin. 5 entrants total.
Black Mirror -- MB-FDD7C815E453D204 - Taken by Mikurden
Teslagrad -- MB-985252B6D31D5327 - Taken by Red Hood. 12 entrants total.

Dawn of War II: RetributionThe Last Standalone : -- MB-26A01483260BD9A6 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 4 entrants total.
Meridian: New World -- MB-9D7F85E0AA8B313C - Taken by texhnolyze
Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection -- MB-7E50D724735B247B - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.

t1447200205z1.png

Arthea

They were pretty front loaded in Tomb Raider '13 and not many at all compared to the absurd amount in Legend. You too scared to look in case you get tempted to the dark side?
I so wish that QTEs went away, all of them, I can't really say why they annoy me so much, but that's how it is.

tempted? nah, I think I learned my lesson (or I hope I did), of all games I preodered or 0-dayed in last two years, I've played day one maybe 3. I can wait, I should wait, until I'm sure I'll play it right away.

We know well enough when we're getting it. In the first 6 months of 2016. I can't remember the exact details, but it was something like PC in March/April, PS4 in May/June.

we do? I somehow missed this

edited: and continuing talk of not playing games, my laptop's GPU gets hot all the time now, so it wasn't Trails fault after all, I really hope I'm not having third video card burnt in a span of one year, that's not even funny.

Turfster

The whole point of the QTEs in TR2013 being heavily frontloaded is that Lara starts out inexperienced.
Yes, they were kinda shit, but they made sense, narratively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom