• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Descent Underground is very, very, very early access at the moment, it seems.

Still, it's quite strange to give away 8,000+ keys for a game that was just Kickstarted a few months ago. Part of me thinks it's because they're running a bit low on funds and wanted to flood the market to get more investment/pump up the player numbers.

fertygo

Is it on sale? I'm thinking of getting into isometric RPGs and Dragonfall seems like the perfect game to do it.

Its on sale at weekend sales few weeks ago, you missing out.. but probably you gonna see similar deal again pretty soon on Gog's current fall sale or steamstore fall/winter sale.

so let me get this straight. Bethesda released a new Fallout with an old engine that 'may' contain a pretty good amount of bugs/glitches....

....and it sets records for concurrent players?

Fantastic.

Haunted

Please do tell more about it, looks really nice
I wanted to direct you to the NeoGAF OT for more impressions but there isn't one? That's a real shame, the game's interesting, big and polished enough to deserve it, imo.

A 2D mystery adventure about robots set in the near future. Classic Look/Use/Talk/Use Item interface, basically every hotspot in the game gets several unique lines, light puzzles and extensive dialogue. Can be played with mouse, keyboard or controller... several different endings depending on your choices and how well you do interacting with other characters in the game...

I recommend it, but check out some footage beforehand and see if it's your cup of tea in terms of early 90s Japanese adventure gameplay systems (think Snatcher, Policenauts) and the chunky pixel art aesthetic.

Giantbomb has a QL of the first hour up if you want to see it in action.

PARANO1A

Is it just the three Van Helsing games slapped together back to back? I really liked the first game (so the first 1/3 of the Final Cut, if the previous is true) but hated the second game so much that I never even bothered with the third.

Maybe it's not so bad with them all thrown together like that. Either way, I think you're right that the game gets pretty rough around the edges later on but starts out great.

Yep. The major difference of course is your class carries over, and the classes in the Final Cut aren't consistently available in the original three games as I understand. If your issue with the second was the level design it won't help. If it was finding a fun class that you grew with this will will fix that right up.

I'm playing a Constructor because summoner type classes are my cup of tea.

It's only 34GB on mine?

I loved the 3 individual games and I'll get to it soon, but Fallout 4! Strange difficulty spikes were always an issue with the game, one moment you're king of the walk, next moment a feather duster.

What does annoy me and it's exactly the same with F4, if you start the game with your controller plugged in you can't swap to mouse control.

Or vice versa. If the controller is off when starting you need to restart.

Your install size might mean you don't have the high resolution texture pack installed. It's free DLC like Skyrim did it.

GaussTek

Wow, didn't know that Zodiac: Orcanon Odyssey was also coming to PC. It has already been greenlit!!

For those who don't know about this one:

zodiac1.jpg

Years in development and featuring the talents of legends including Final Fantasy writer Kazushige Nojima and composer Hitoshi Sakimoto, ZODIAC: ORCANON ODYSSEY is the first instalment in an ambitious full-scale JRPG series. ZODIAC’s rich game world, compelling storyline, gorgeous visuals and memorable soundtrack are going to set a new benchmark for the best RPG experience on mobile.

TGS 2015 Trailer:
https://youtu.be/8o1v1Rausis

It releases on iOS this Friday, so I guess it won't take too long for the PC version to come out. Here's NeoGAF's OT.

10 minutes into Pneuma and I'm stuck. There are some comments about bugs preventing interaction, maybe it's that, maybe I'm stupid?

edit: I'm stupid.

For some reason, it seemed like someone should quote this... :)

IMO Transistor so much better than Bastion that they are hardly comparable, in every department, but especially gameplay

Of course you think it's better. You like the opposite of me in everything it seems. :lol

Transistor never really worked as an ARPG for me because of the unlock structure, upgrade structure, and mostly because it was designed around the turn mechanic.

As such, Bastion was automatically better, being a true ARPG with no other way to play it and nothing impinging on the core design.

Furthermore, I enjoyed Bastion's soundtrack much more than Transistor's, though that's not to say Transistor's wasn't solid... just nowhere near as memorable to me. Darren Korb is good, but even the track with Ashley Barrett vocals couldn't compare to the majority of the Bastion soundtrack (especially Setting Sail/Coming Home).

Please do tell more about it, looks really nice

It was in a really cheap Indiegala bundle and you probably missed out if you're deciding you're interested now.

zkylon

zkylewd
i also didn't care much for transistor. i thought the game was super stylish but neither combat system was as enjoyable as bastion's and i felt the general narrative and structure was a lot less appealing to me, i really missed the home base aspect from bastion

i thought the "equipment" system was kind of clever and interesting, but the combat itself was just too fast and imprecise and the turn base stuff just felt gimmicky

oh well

Lately I got the Souls itch and went back to finish the two remaining DLC areas, Frozen place I finished already. Short verdict, not on par with better areas. The icy fog made sense in the "story" but lead to a underwhelming start. It didn't help that enemies were very uninspired and felt unnaturally bullet spongey. There were a few interesting short areas but it soon got very been there done that. The first boss, "Ice Tiger" I did not really enjoy much as well. Piqued towards the end after getting into the palace, man that was a sight. But such a shame that there was no real meat to it. Basically just a safe zone leading to the actual boss. That was very... unique let's say, hah. So much chaos I never witnessed before in any souls game. Good Lord, the mayhem! I went in with a human summon and to be honest, I have no clue how to do that alone.

Now I went to Brume Tower and I instantly fell in love with it. Glorious visuals and level design. The enemies as well I prefer to Frozen. Good stuff.

xGreg

Some spares. Enjoy it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xGreg, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Reign: Conflict of Nations -- MB-537E07EC14F00E6F - Taken by GERGiEV. 4 entrants total.
Defense Grid: The Awakening -- MB-719C39794F88BC39 - Taken by darkchewie. 5 entrants total.
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem -- MB-78CF309D0ADCE399 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Metro 2033 -- MB-147751808A8A22BD - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 3 entrants total.

t1447219166z1.png

Derp

So a few months ago when I had decided to buy the Fallout 4 Pip Boy Edition (NOTE: FOR PC) the only place I could buy it from was the Beth Store (because they randomly restocked and I was lucky enough to grab one). So the problem is they don't ship to Australia, so I have to get it shipped to a US shipping address (I used comGateway) who will then ship it to me in Australia, and this costs a lot of dollarinos.

So comGateway tells me it's arrived there and they're ready to ship it here. $90 AUD please. Jesus. Alright. So I do it. Accept. Confirm. Gimme.

And then, after I confirm and pay and everything's done and they're processing it to be shipped, I see something next to my order. "View merchant invoice". Yeah why not, I know what the item is but let's just see it so I can get even more excit-

nope.

9w6zarq.png

$240 AUD for a plastic phone case and a game I can't play. I don't have the money to throw around for sending it back and I don't have the patience in trying to deal with their customer support (which took exactly 22 days to respond to my ticket asking the simplest question in existence). I'd probably die trying to sort this out. And i can't send it back because I WANT the pip-boy edition, and they're obviously out of stock now so it's too late to do anything.

I don't even know if I can afford to buy it again but digitally. I can't even justify the GMG's asking price with the discount given how fucking broke I am and how much I spent on the damn CE including shipping.

TLDR; LOCAL AUSTRALIAN BOY RUINED BY BETHESDA STORE.

So a few months ago when I had decided to buy the Fallout 4 Pip Boy Edition (NOTE: FOR PC) the only place I could buy it from was the Beth Store (because they randomly restocked and I was lucky enough to grab one). So the problem is they don't ship to Australia, so I have to get it shipped to a US shipping address (I used comGateway) who will then ship it to me in Australia, and this costs a lot of dollarinos.

So comGateway tells me it's arrived there and they're ready to ship it here. $90 AUD please. Jesus. Alright. So I do it. Accept. Confirm. Gimme.

And then, after I confirm and pay and everything's done and they're processing it to be shipped, I see something next to my order. "View merchant invoice". Yeah why not, I know what the item is but let's just see it so I can get even more excit-

nope.

9w6zarq.png

$240 AUD for a plastic phone case and a game I can't play. I don't have the money to throw around for sending it back and I don't have the patience in trying to deal with their customer support (which took exactly 22 days to respond to my ticket asking the simplest question in existence). I'd probably die trying to sort this out. And i can't send it back because I WANT the pip-boy edition, and they're obviously out of stock now so it's too late to do anything.

I don't even know if I can afford to buy it again but digitally. I can't even justify the GMG's asking price with the discount given how fucking broke I am and how much I spent on the damn CE including shipping.

Derp
Derp
Today 09:43PM

But seriously... that sucks. Sorry man.
Are you sure Beth sent the wrong thing to comGateway? Or is it possible comGateway mixed some stuff up? Or that the order just has an incorrect invoice but contains the right version?
Probably not, so in that case... someone, gift this dude a Fallout 4 code. :3

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-86FFF9B7146A34BD - Taken by Neverforget. 1 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey -- MB-F3D80A42AF1E41D0 - Taken by tmarg. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Blackguards 2 -- MB-2FDBA08839B8CE82 - Taken by fertygo. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Blackguards -- MB-CF69142786C52545 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 2 entrants total.
Contagion -- MB-F8919A945A949E9A - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Goodbye Deponia -- MB-C04230ECB9926552 - Taken by Anteater. 4 entrants total.
Paperbound -- MB-520D3F98F08789CD - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Quarries of Scred -- MB-FA0CAE27F405E690 - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Contagion #3 -- MB-411F42856A0B7897 - Taken by Stronghammer22. 1 entrants total.
Contagion #4 -- MB-4AA3627A4DD2CCEF - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
Teslagrad -- MB-160DCD74FAD50597 - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.
Runestone Keeper -- MB-1172F8D9C6CA51A2 - Taken by creamsugar. 7 entrants total.
Rise of the Triad -- MB-1B86135345356CCB - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
Contagion #2 -- MB-8A8C1C20E204D60E - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Citizens of Earth -- MB-2E999165914C8257 - Taken by bigzgod. 7 entrants total.
rFactor -- MB-B07A4D9F0948A922 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Chargeshot -- MB-D50D6CA69C5F0F8E - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey #2 -- MB-5A8A05E31C3BA3F1 - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 1 entrants total.

t1447211486z1.png

Derp

Are you sure Beth sent the wrong thing to comGateway? Or is it possible comGateway mixed some stuff up? Or that the order just has an incorrect invoice but contains the right version?
There's no way. The shipping label has a code that is tied to my account on comGateway, in addition the code is checked and uploaded online so the customer can also check to make sure. THEN there's the fact that I've supplied them with the tracking number so they knew exactly which order was mine even if they messed up with the codes (which... doesn't happen). Beth done fucked up.

I never quite understood the phenomenon of buying the most expensive version of a game while low on money.
I've been waiting years for this game. And regarding money, I had saved up enough for the most expensive edition. I never imagined this would happen.

Man, Raul Julia looks like hell in that pic. I mean we all know what happened to him shortly after this movie but geez, the warning signs were probably there.

He knew before taking the role that his time was short. It was one of the reasons why he did it. His kids loved Street Fighter and the kids could spend a lot of time with him on the set.

zkylon

zkylewd
Lately I got the Souls itch and went back to finish the two remaining DLC areas, Frozen place I finished already. Short verdict, meh. Piqued towards the end but it just felt not that well designed.

Now I went to Brume Tower and I instantly fell in love with it. Glorious visuals and level design. The enemies as well I prefer to Frozen. Good stuff.

too bad u got that enb glowy thing that makes everything look like on a drug haze :>

Caerith

This may not be the place to ask, but has anyone else's NeoGAF been stuck "connecting" forever? It's been like this for a while now.

user237

"People are totally gonna pay subscription fees in this day and age!

They're just milking the early adopters for as much as they can get before they move on to getting money out of the free-to-play crowd.

I paid monthly for Elder Scrolls Online before it went no-sub, so I'm part of the problem. lol

The thing I didnt get about subscription models is, that actually server costs became cheaper and cheaper, but the subscription model often didnt get cheaper since WoW.

The strange thing is, at least here in Germany, the subscription for UO was like 10DM (about 5€) in the 90s. Then DAoC came and they pushed it a bit higher. Then WoW came...

nope.

9w6zarq.png

That is an awful lot of money. Hey it's your choice though and if you have fun with CEs than I'm not arguing. It's just, at that price it feels a lot worse that you got the wrong version shipped :V Hope BethShop sorts it all out soon for you. Hang in there.
too bad u got that enb glowy thing that makes everything look like on a drug haze :>
No ENB, GeDoSaTo. And the shiny part is a very little bit of Bloom which can be toggled off. Overall major improvement visually.

jediyoshi

Geez. Why don't MMO makers ever see sense until it's too late? "People are totally gonna pay subscription fees in this day and age! ...Well, I guess we can try free-to-play but we can do it on our own! ...Okay I guess we can put it on the number one PC platform."

You're reading it backwards. Of course they know they can do that, but the other way nets them more money upfront. The route you've drawn let's them get more money and in the process of each transition gets its name back in the zeitgeist to everyone who wasn't in each prior step. It's like when games on Steam hold off on adding trading cards until down the line when they can then add them to help reinvigorate sales.

GaussTek

Final Fantasy XII-2 is really good guys.

Reminds me of a fucked up mix of Chrono Trigger and Sliders

Didn't know this was on Steam :O

:p

(Joke of course). Yeah, XIII-2 is pretty good, it fixed a lot of the weak things from XIII, my only complaints is that it had lower production values and the story was beyond ridiculous as they had to resort to time travel and all that stuff to connect it to the main game (I mean, XIII didn't need a sequel IMO, but oh well...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom