• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

Fuck this! 299.99 AED!? That's 81.68 USD! I'm paying 21.68 USD more to get it in this country!? This isn't Australia! This is the Middle fuckin' East!

53dCCxd.gif

Oh boo hoo, you have skyscrapers and fake islands and kebabs and sort-of-deep-meaning TPS games, you totally deserve it.
I barely have a subway and still pay like derExperte and his billions euros per month salary. :'(

Milamber

Oh boo hoo, you have skyscrapers and fake islands and kebabs and sort-of-deep-meaning TPS games, you totally deserve it.
I barely have a subway and still pay like derExperte and his billions euros per month salary. :'(

Nah, I think it's just a Bethesda price mistake. The other games are getting priced to their US pricing with a difference of only 2-5 AED.

So... are Steam Machines actually out, as per the Steam sale? Or is it just an excuse for just another lacklustre sale event?

Edit: Checking the Steam Machine store pages, they're actually out now. Most intruiging.

Knurek

I had a dream that Fallout 4 had 4000 achievements. And I was forced to playtest them all.

I'm not eating whatever I ate for last supper ever again.

Dr Dogg

so let me get this straight. Bethesda released a new Fallout with an old engine that 'may' contain a pretty good amount of bugs/glitches....

....and it sets records for concurrent players?

Fantastic.

To quote Gertsmann on the last edition of Gamespot's The Lobby 'No one is going to learn a lesson. The lesson learnt from Fallout 4 is going to be "hey look at us we just sold another 20 million copies of a game that's broken, just as broken as the last one which also sold 20 million copies" and no one is going to learn anything' and then they were debating can Bethesda do it again. Guess time will tell but peeps are going to fucking bang on about old engine this and that ad nausium where chances are Bethesda could start from scratch and still have a just as buggy, fucked up games.

Open World games generally by their very nature are a bunch of systems layered on top of one another that sometimes don't play nice. Look at AssCreed, look at GTA, look at Red Dead, look at the change list and patch notes for The Witcher III and how many bug fixes CDPR have attempted to corral. The more complex, entwined and amount of variables a game has the more chances for shit to go wrong. The Fable series isn't even open world but due to the sheer amount of variables and possible flags they fuck up in unexpected ways across 3 different engines.

Is it ok that they're this buggy? Could Beth fix these issues without creating others? Is a engine, codebase or middleware change going to make a difference for the better? Who knows but some people flat out don't care or can tolerate the jankiness enough to buy their games essentially blind because they enjoy them. If that changes and if people actively state 'I'm not buying this because of bugs' and not just do the silly 'I'm voting with my wallet' but offer no feedback to the dev/pub as to why you're not interested then things might change. Guess we wont find out until TES 6 and then probably not until the game after that if anything is going to happen. If it's not broke to the extent people stop buying it then don't fix it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm glad I never much into the hype of Darksiders or had great hope after the first game, because II is just disappointing to me.

Combat that never while above some other beat-em-ups, never really feels all that stylish or satisfying. Collectables that never really seem to matter and are never fun to find or locate (shoot tiny rock in small corner, now find the next 49). A story that is neither interesting nor all that in depth. Puzzles which range from put ball into the socket or figure out which glowing circle to order a grunt to. A world of enlarged body proportions and death metal album covers for statues and decorations. Just nothing engaging or very fun to me.

It's not awful, but I really feel like I accomplished nothing half way through the game. Doubt I'll ever get around to the Deathinititive Edition.

L.O.R.D

yey , steam is now using SAR in saudi arabia
some games have the same pricing in $ but converted directly to SAR ( x3.75)
some games are really cheap like just cause 3 for 135 SAR ( $36 ) , Hitman 150SAR ( $40 )

but some games like Fall out 4 is 300 SAR ( $80 ) , WTF ?

i think the publisher got greedy on us ?

Beth removed all prices of their games except for FO4 and Quake Live...

XgiT4TI.png

Exactly the same thing happened in South Africa store when it changed over to Rands.

Our prices did generally stay the same or go down a little, though.

Fallout 4 before: R856
Fallout 4 after: R799

Tizoc

I'm glad I never much into the hype of Darksiders or had great hope after the first game, because II is just disappointing to me.

Combat that never while above some other beat-em-ups, never really feels all that stylish or satisfying. Collectables that never really seem to matter and are never fun to find or locate (shoot tiny rock in small corner, now find the next 49). A story that is neither interesting nor all that in depth. Puzzles which range from put ball into the socket or figure out which glowing circle to order a grunt to. A world of enlarged body proportions and death metal album covers for statues and decorations. Just nothing engaging or very fun to me.

It's not awful, but I really feel like I accomplished nothing half way through the game. Doubt I'll ever get around to the Deathinititive Edition.

I found DS2's combat to be improved over DS1's, just utilize the additional abilities you unlock.

Arthea

I still haven't my PC fixed and now problems with my laptop, I might have to play some PS3 games at last! imagine that...
It's really hard not to have PC for gaming, I haven't been in such situation for so long I can't even remember when was the last time.

L.O.R.D

fallout 4 prices

1447224827491.jpg

i still can't understand beth , turkey is not wealthy country , why is more expansive then the US ?

edit

DTRH1G5.png

duck , i can't us paypal ,WHY VALVE ?

L.O.R.D

overall , most prices went down , some a bit, some alot
with the exaction of bethesda games , everything is good

but now there is region lock thing , i wonder if i can buy from GMG or amazon and activate it on steam ?

Vuze

overall , most prices went down , some a bit, some alot
with the exaction of bethesda games , everything is good

but now there is region lock thing , i wonder if i can buy from GMG or amazon and activate it on steam ?
Judging from the above screenshot, it's just the same as with the gift region-locking introduced a few months ago to prevent exploitation of Russian etc prices (minute of silence ;_;7). So you can still happily buy keys from GMG/Aamazon etc and activate them, but gifts you buy from Steam store from now on can only be redeemed by users in your country.

Dr Dogg

did anyone buy and use the Steam Controller and said "okay this replaces the DS4 for PC Gaming"?

More like 'This now allows me to play mouse centric games from the sofa and is good enough to play controller games too' but each devices has their perks why you'd use one or the other. A mouse is more accurate but a bit more fiddly slouched down on a sofa. A [insert preference here] controller might be better for some peeps for some games due to preference. For me I can easily replace a 360 controller with a Steam Controller but I doubt that's the same for everyone or even a lot of peep. But hey it's nice to have options.

MUnited83

For you.
it's rather strange to make a controller that isn't on par with other controllers or can't replace them, what's the point then?
You literally haven't read a single thing about the Steam controller im assuming. The major point is being able to play any game at all with it, including previously m/KB only games

Valve didn't design it to replace traditional controllers, so I very much doubt it.

it's rather strange to make a controller that isn't on par with other controllers or can't replace them, what's the point then?

They designed it to be compatible with the entirety of Steam's library (and even outside of it), which makes it technically a candidate to replace any traditional controller This excuse of "it's been designed for kb&m games" doesn't hold any water.

derFeef

I must be the only one who doesn't care at all about Steam Controller.

Why do you think that? Interest will be pretty low, just like with the Elite controller, or even less so. It's an alternative, a different kind of controller. You do not get it to replace your DS4 or 360/One pad - it's for those who seek something different, or can make compromises. I am very interested in it, but need to try one, somehow... no idea how I could do that though without just straight buy one ;)

Arthea

You literally haven't read a single thing about the Steam controller im assuming. The major point is being able to play any game at all with it, including previously m/KB only games

Maybe I'm looking to it from the wrong angle, but would we need kb/mouse replaced again?

yuraya

Wow Jeff @ GB killed the ps4 version of Fallout4. He said at one point during a fight there was more enemies on screen than frames per second. Gave the console version 3 out of 5 stars.

Knurek

Jshacks, would it be possible to have Enchanted Steam hide games by select developers?

I don't want to accidentally buy a Digital Homicide game. :\

Nabs

Jshacks, would it be possible to have Enchanted Steam hide games by select developers?

I don't want to accidentally buy a Digital Homicide game. :\

Like drunk buy or something? You'd have to pay me to go anywhere near one of these games.

Ronan

Neo Member
i still can't understand beth , turkey is not wealthy country , why is more expansive then the US ?

It's because of this company called "Aral", they have complete monopoly over physical distribution in Turkey. After the currency changeover in Steam, they made deals with Bethesda, Take 2, Ubisoft, Activision and many others to jack up prices digitally as well. I don't think many people here would pay 179TL for a game, you know unless its the new Fifa.

L.O.R.D

GTAV is $26 , oh yah

It's because of this company called "Aral", they have complete monopoly over physical distribution in Turkey. After the currency changeover in Steam, they made deals with Bethesda, Take 2, Ubisoft, Activision and many others to jack up prices digitally as well. I don't think many people here would pay 179TL for a game, you know unless its the new Fifa.

i think here in SA , jarir and some big store made the same deal with playstation store , some games are really higher then the US , alot of them

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
mushi3yxsyq.png

mushi4p9s63.png

Serious GOTY contender.

Yeah, game is fantastic!

Still not sure if I like it more than Crimzon Clover but it's at least the second best shmup on Steam :)

My GOTY will be this or TitS SC, followed by Rocket League and Witcher 3. And maybe something I'm forgetting at the moment

rickyson1

For some reason, it seemed like someone should quote this... :)

Of course you think it's better. You like the opposite of me in everything it seems. :lol

Transistor never really worked as an ARPG for me because of the unlock structure, upgrade structure, and mostly because it was designed around the turn mechanic.

As such, Bastion was automatically better, being a true ARPG with no other way to play it and nothing impinging on the core design.

Furthermore, I enjoyed Bastion's soundtrack much more than Transistor's, though that's not to say Transistor's wasn't solid... just nowhere near as memorable to me. Darren Korb is good, but even the track with Ashley Barrett vocals couldn't compare to the majority of the Bastion soundtrack (especially Setting Sail/Coming Home).

It was in a really cheap Indiegala bundle and you probably missed out if you're deciding you're interested now.

seems like your problem is you were expecting it to be something it isn't,don't think it's really even supposed to be an ARPG

it's more of a RTWP than anything else really

personally I was pretty much the opposite,I loved Transistor and tried Bastion after but didn't really care for it all that much because it's style of gameplay wasn't really my thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom