• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Woke up and the new currency opened up in here. Let's just check out the fallout 4 price...

JXDloGS.png

Fuck this! 299.99 AED!? That's 81.68 USD! I'm paying 21.68 USD more to get it in this country!? This isn't Australia! This is the Middle fuckin' East!

53dCCxd.gif

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of xGreg, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xGreg, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Reign: Conflict of Nations -- MB-537E07EC14F00E6F - Taken by GERGiEV. 4 entrants total.
Defense Grid: The Awakening -- MB-719C39794F88BC39 - Taken by darkchewie. 5 entrants total.
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem -- MB-78CF309D0ADCE399 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Metro 2033 -- MB-147751808A8A22BD - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 3 entrants total.

t1447219166z1.png

Eila

Woke up and the new currency opened up in here. Let's just check out the fallout 4 price...

JXDloGS.png

Fuck this! 299.99 AED!? That's 81.68 USD! I'm paying 21.68 USD more to get it in this country!? This isn't Australia! This is the Middle fuckin' East!

53dCCxd.gif

There's a few rotten companies that try to charge retail prices on their region locked products. At a least you got many options to buy them, and on average prices seem to have gone down, even if not too much compared to other countries.

So , from the announced currencies , the ones that havent been added yet are the
swiss franc, colombian peso, chilean peso and peruvian nuevo sol.

I wonder if they are going to add those before or after the autumn sale

fertygo

JXDloGS.png

53dCCxd.gif

Beth hate (or love) arab its seem.

Sch1sm

JXDloGS.png

53dCCxd.gif

Basically how Canadians feel every time we're pushed into our own store again once the dollar falls. Every time. You can easily get it elsewhere, though, like Eila said. So, that one isn't too bad. You'll be fineeee. So long as you have a credit card or PayPal or something.

Soi-Fong

Just got my Steam controller and Link today. A very nice controller though it does have a learning curve. Tried out a profile for Prison Architect on this and damn it works really well.

It's very interesting hardware and build wise. It seems like for Valve, this sort of quality is consumer ready which I guess is ok. I noticed the touchpad is the exact same touchpad used for the Vive controllers we have here in the studio.

We were all sure they would change the feel and the build of the touchpad so I'm guessing they're gonna use the same sort of plastic for the consumer Vive. The USB dongles are the same ones we got with the Vive dev kit.

Kinda surprising since it says a lot about the Vive controllers we do have here at work.

I'm getting these little artifact lines only on the Windows bootup screen. Nothing else seems amiss, but it only started happening today.

Reason to be worried or possibly just PCI shenanigans?

Milamber

lmao just do 20% at GMG
Which I did yesterday, luckily.

There's a few rotten companies that try to charge retail prices on their region locked products. At a least you got many options to buy them, and on average prices seem to have gone down, even if not too much compared to other countries.
I hope it's temporary.

Beth hate (or love) arab its seem.
Beth removed all prices of their games except for FO4 and Quake Live...

XgiT4TI.png

Basically how Canadians feel every time we're pushed into our own store again once the dollar falls. Every time. You can easily get it elsewhere, though, like Eila said. So, that one isn't too bad. You'll be fineeee. So long as you have a credit card or PayPal or something.
Yep, I hope so too.

Dsyndrome

Now that I have Fallout 4, I envy all y'all able to put 10+ hours in on day one. I miss being a juvenile, renting a game, and waking up at 6:00 AM and going until 3:00 AM multiple days. Referring specifically to Chrono Trigger and going two days like that until my family said I was too ingrained and taking the game back.

Reseat your GFX card to be doubly sure.

Artifacting seems to have gone away, will keep an eye out but idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Weird part is it didn't affect anything (boot, games, whatever) and only appeared at the Windows logo. But it's completely gone now, just as I was gonna post pics.

Teeth

Canada's been weird. Sometimes we get shafted, but some companies (like Capcom) just left their prices the same but in Canadian dollars, so it's like getting 20% off. Then you have Ubisoft, which jacked up the prices on some games, and left some the same price as the US but in CAD.

Games have been somewhat more expensive on the whole, but nothing like PC and console hardware which is crazy expensive now.

Blitzhex

JXDloGS.png

53dCCxd.gif

This got me real pissed off in the morning, first thing I saw when I woke up. I bought it for $45 off GMG anyways, but I knew this was going to happen. Atleast GTA 5 is around 30 dollars right now instead of 40 though.

Edit: Just Cause 3, new Deus Ex and new Hitman preorders are 35-40 dollars converted now... <3 Square Enix. Bethesda can fuck off.

Mikurden

This got me real pissed off in the morning, first thing I saw when I woke up. I bought it for $45 off GMG anyways, but I knew this was going to happen. Atleast GTA 5 is around 30 dollars right now instead of 40 though.

image.php

Am I doing this right?

aw350

Banned
how come users are giving it low scores?

Perhaps that's partly because of frame rate drops.

FWIW, I stopped listening to Metacritic on games a long time ago, and I stopped listening to Steam comments now as well. When I was just beginning on Steam (half a year from now), I was taking Steam comments seriously, now I maaaaaaybe look at the overall "Positive" / "Negative" rating and I ignore that half of the time as well.

KainXVIII

While the game itself seems to be good, it seems to suffer from Bethesda-itis.

Bugs, technical problems etc.

Many old hardcore fans of fallout series also bashing F4 for primitive RPG system, handholding, bad dialogues (and dialogue system), bad (or boring?) plot, lack of choices etc..

rookiejet

that has to be a mistake, right? i'd imagine it'd be priced cheaper if anything. i haven't been in the gulf area since like, sixth gen console era, but buying non-pirated games was the exception then (broadband wasn't a thing, so bootleg discs were super common)

Ban Puncher

JXDloGS.png

53dCCxd.gif

Welcome to my world, friend.

WnYbKkN.gif

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-8ED8A5AE43D8E8BC - Taken by FoneBone

MUnited83

For you.

JXDloGS.png

53dCCxd.gif

You were going in expecting price mistakes, all you got was price piss-takes.

zkylon

zkylewd
my brother's having a weird issue with his computer

seems like it's turning itself on on its own after he turns it off and he can't get it to seriously turn off unless he just presses the switch on the psu

anyone ever had something like that?

seems like it's turning itself on on its own after he turns it off and he can't get it to seriously turn off unless he just presses the switch on the psu

When this happened to me, it turned out to be my computer BSODing during shutdown, which made it restart without me realising it. Freaked me out for a good long time before I finally figured it out. The cause? Bad RAM.

Might not be the problem for your brother, since, for me, it was never reproducable. (Which is why it took so long to diagnose.)

Milamber

Edit: Just Cause 3, new Deus Ex and new Hitman preorders are 35-40 dollars converted now... <3 Square Enix. Bethesda can fuck off.

Just Cause 3 at $35!?

Bought! Thanks.

Sini

Windows 10 likes to do that sometimes for updates or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom