• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
If you're compelled to config each game to use the Steam controller, I'm not sure why you wouldn't be as compelled to do the same thing with an Xbox controller other than by choice. They both only need as much configuring as you want if you want standard gamepad input, for as little as you care about that, everything the Steam controller would then offer you is additive.

Steam controller comes with native support like 360/One?
I don't know, the last time I read about it there was a plan to push community on creating config files for each titles or something like that.
If Steam controller comes with full support like 360/One, no problem (it still uses batteries, anyway).

If no, One controller is the best option.

Why even buy a PC at all?

You have to buy the parts, configure the OS, OC everything. I can just buy a PS4.

Do you know this statement is really dumb, arent'you?

this change is weird some games have their prices missing for no reason like Final Fantasy III (the others are okay). and for no good reason Paypal is removed. I cant get it why remove Paypal

From what JaseC told me that is, because those publishers got an email before the currency change but were either too lazy to change the prices, forgot it or didnt care. So if either one of those happened, you cant purchase them if they dont change it.

Dr Dogg

That feeling when you're digging around various folders trying to clear out some hard drive space when you notice you have a 512gb SSD in the cupboard. I don't know if I'm a resourceful genius or a wasteful idiot.

Ugh, Fallout 4 is HORRIBLE:

jYMqs6I.jpg

fertygo

this change is weird some games have their prices missing for no reason like Final Fantasy III (the others are okay). and for no good reason Paypal is removed. I cant get it why remove Paypal

Because the currency not supported by paypal?

And FF Mobile port is region locked at Asia for reason that only Square-enix knows

10.jpg

I need to know what that says, can anyone translate?
red bold text: benefits
1. less chance to unraffle in a camper or earthquake
2. smaller chance your cat/child to unroll the roll
3. cleaner view
balloon: meow
arrow round: rotation direction
arrow right: support point
arrow left: break line

O, and it is not danish, but dutch

Copons

10.jpg

Thanks, I speak pussy, it's the danish or whatever that I don't understand.

It's Dutch and according to Google Translate, it says that the advantages of placing the toilet paper FACING THE WRONG SIDE, are that cats, kids and earthquakes won't unroll it, and it looks cleaner.

Looks pretty SATAN to me, though.

EDIT: oh look at us, all using GTranslate like pros, except Ningen. :(

10.jpg

Thanks, I speak pussy, it's the danish or whatever that I don't understand.

Voordelen - Advantages

minder kans op het ontrafelen in een camper of tijdens een aardbeving - less likely to unravel in a camper or during an earthquake

kleinere kans dat je kat/kind de rol uitrolt - smaller chance that your cat / child rolls out the roll

schoner aanblik - cleaner appearance

draairichting - rotation
steunpunt - fulcrum
scheurlijn - tear line

edit - beaten

Grief.exe

The irony is I was thinking the same thing about yours. I was hoping you would pick up on what made your statement so silly.

The Steam Controller would have to be configured from the users end, the controller was just released and developers are just getting units to play with.

On top of that, just like PC, configuring is the advantage of the system. If you don't like something, change it on your end, entire point of the Steam controller.

On top of all that, there are thousands of classic games that will never be updated to work with the unit, but will be able to function easily with a config.

Backlogger

So how does Fallout 4 play?

It feels like a Fallout game (3/NV)

I don't think I'm far enough in to have experienced a lot of bugs but haven't seen many myself. My companion disappeared once, which has happened to me in every Bethesda game I've played. But other than that it's exactly what I wanted. Fallout 3/NV with updated graphics and features in a new location with new characters and quests.

The second screen Pip Boy phone app is kinda cool too. Works really well but in terms of practicality it's easier to just use the in game Pip Boy.

Really enjoying it so far.

MUnited83

For you.
Steam controller comes with native support like 360/One?
I don't know, the last time I read about it there was a plan to push community on creating config files for each titles or something like that.
If Steam controller comes with full support like 360/One, no problem (it still uses batteries, anyway).

If no, One controller is the best option.

It literally supports every game ever made on PC out of the box. Config files are, well, config files
, they are there for the best possible configuration specific to each game. You don't need to use one to make it work, and Steam automatically puts the top rated config as the default one, so you really don't need to do anything at all.

Durante

It isn't, really.
It's the same principle applied to a different use case.

The Steam controller increases your options for how to play PC games with an entirely new possibility, which might well be the best for some combinations of games and ergonomic use cases.

If you don't care about having options and flexibility, the logical extreme end of that is consoles.

Ludens

Banned
The irony is I was thinking the same thing about yours. I was hoping you would pick up on what made your statement so silly.

The Steam Controller would have to be configured from the users end, the controller was just released and developers are just getting units to play with.

On top of that, just like PC, configuring is the advantage of the system. If you don't like something, change it on your end, entire point of the Steam controller.

On top of all that, there are thousands of classic games that will never be updated to work with the unit, but will be able to function easily with a config.

Your opinion is valid as mine opinion. I want something immediate, without the need to configure it. If you want Steam controller ok, it's your right. My post was, if you read it again, personal. Your statemant about PS4 instead of PC is just dumb, while the preference of Steam controller or another controller is just an opinion, some want be able to configure everything, some people don't, I'm in the second category. This doesn't mean I need to buy a PS4 because of this.

It isn't, really.
It's the same principle applied to a different use case.

The Steam controller increases your options for how to play PC games with an entirely new possibility, which might well be the best for some combinations of games and ergonomic use cases.

If you don't care about having options and flexibility, the logical extreme end of that is consoles.

Not at all. As I wrote, I could be not interested in configuring a controller but still be a PC player because you can configure your games and run them better. What you are saying is: No Steam controller = console user.
It's not like this. This is exactly the same thing about One users: some will buy the new One controller because they want to configure their experience, other users won't be interested in this feature and they will stick with the default controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom