• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Your opinion is valid as mine opinion. I want something immediate, without the need to configure it. If you want Steam controller ok, it's your right. My post was, if you read it again, personal. Your statemant about PS4 instead of PC is just dumb, while the preference of Steam controller or another controller is just an opinion, some want be able to configure everything, some people don't, I'm in the second category. This doesn't mean I need to buy a PS4 because of this.

Again, you don't need to configure it unless you really want to.

Nzyme32

All this talk of future toilet habits has me wanting to watch Demolition Man.

How To Use 3 Shells

- insert 3 shells up own ass
- panic

maxresdefault.jpg

Ludens

Banned
Again, you don't need to configure it unless you really want to.

I also stated if this is the case, than it's ok. If Steam controller is plug and play like One controller, it's good.
I only wrote I remembered something about config files created by users needed to use the Steam controller. If this is not the case (aka you plug your controller in and it works without the need of do something), it's ok.

It's not that hard read ALL my posts instead of a line or two.

First post of page 182.

Dr Dogg

Console screenshot, I'd assume.

Thing is right both the new consoles now have ability to capture screenshots in their OSes. In fact it's pretty simple on the Xbone that I've been taking way more than I do on PC due to automatically posting them to your activity feed, which shows up in the Xbox app on Windows 10, and is then a simple 1 click download, which I then have that folder automated with Uploadr to send them to my Flickr account. Alright that's not exactly simple but it boggles my mind why some of the picks trying to show off Fallout 4 on console were all off screen jobs. Unless they were intentional trying to make it look shit? *dun Dun DUUUUNN!!!*

Thing is right both the new consoles now have ability to capture screenshots in their OSes. In fact it's pretty simple on the Xbone that I've been taking way more than I do on PC due to automatically posting them to your activity feed, which shows up in the Xbox app on Windows 10, and is then a simple 1 click download, which I then have that folder automated with Uploadr to send them to my Flickr account. Alright that's not exactly simple but it boggles my mind why some of the picks trying to show off Fallout 4 on console were all off screen jobs. Unless they were intentional trying to make it look shit? *dun Dun DUUUUNN!!!*

Indeed. And that's why I made that assumption. Most off screen shots are taken from the consoles. I'm not sure if they're just too lazy or what. It's simply baffling.

Li Kao

Hey guys, I'm tempted to play some classic RPG, not a definite thing, but really tempted. Is there a better version of Fallout 1 to play between Gog and Steam ? Are there totally must have mods ?
Yeah I'm tempted by Fallout 4 and don't have the money and my OCD yells at me every time I think I never finished the first two games.

fertygo

I also stated if this is the case, than it's ok. If Steam controller is plug and play like One controller, it's good.
I only wrote I remembered something about config files created by users needed to use the Steam controller. If this is not the case (aka you plug your controller in and it works without the need of do something), it's ok.

It's not that hard read ALL my posts instead of a line or two.

First post of page 182.

I don't have the controller myself but I'd imagine even if you need custom binding its would've as easy as pick subtitle for movies on internet from community.

That's actually more viable option than some game that straight out made gamepad not working.

Lomax

The biggest reason I didn't end up ordering a Steam controller is that no one convinced me it was as good as a standard controller for typical use. I don't need a kb/m replacement, I'm not playing from a couch. And configuring doesn't bother me, I've had to use x360ce for years to get my old logitech controller to work. But I couldn't see spending $50 for a controller when I'd seemingly just be better off with a $40 alternative.

Now maybe when I finally get my hands on one I'll change my mind, but if it was the greatest thing ever then the last month would have been full of comments on this thread saying so, and the strongest endorsement it seems to get is "I play Civ on my couch."

Backlogger

Sorry for the off topic post, but for those of you that switch between a headset and speakers is there a good widget or clean looking application out there that I can leave on my desktop that makes it easy to switch between playback devices? Would also be nice if it had some type of suppression to suppress some of the options I don't need to see.

zkylon

zkylewd
When this happened to me, it turned out to be my computer BSODing during shutdown, which made it restart without me realising it. Freaked me out for a good long time before I finally figured it out. The cause? Bad RAM.

Might not be the problem for your brother, since, for me, it was never reproducable. (Which is why it took so long to diagnose.)
could be, i'll tell him to try pulling out some ram or something

Windows 10 likes to do that sometimes for updates or something.
he has win 7 :T

thanks!

Parsnip

Uugh, just one more thing to do in Arkham Knight, I'm 97,2% done and I just to capture the Riddler... but to do that I have to find all his riddles and they are MANY.... think I will skip the "real" ending.

I'm doing that as well, I don't mind hunting a bunch of those. Hell, it's good practice for Assassin's Creed.
I don't think I'm going to do all the AR stuff though, all the tank battles just got really boring after a while.

dex3108

I'm doing that as well, I don't mind hunting a bunch of those. Hell, it's good practice for Assassin's Creed.
I don't think I'm going to do all the AR stuff though, all the tank battles just got really boring after a while.

To be honest "true" ending is not that good in my opinion. I watched it on YT and i am doing side missions every few days. But reason why you need to do all side missions for "true" ending is ok.

aw350

Banned
I see that Activision have gone from 'sold record amount units' to 'made record amount of revenue' to 'record amount of revenue this year'. Any more spin and poor Eric will get dizzy.

This transferred to Blizzard, they are now changing their tune as well - from "WoW has the most subs" to "subs aren't an adequate measure, there are better indicators", which will perhaps result in "WoW is the biggest MMORPG" at first and transform to something like "WoW is doing well" later.

Dr Dogg

Let's be honest though Acti-Bliz know what they are doing, they run very tight product lines, even abominations like Tony Hawk 5 are calculated, and I bet the bonus of even their low run execs pick up yearly are more money than most of us will see in 30+ years.

milena87

I received the Steam Controller yesterday. I haven't tried it much yet, just the last part of Grim Fandango and a match of Rocket League.

I like it so far. The Xbox 360/One controller is still the best for comfort in my hands, but the Steam one is almost up there.

No problems in setting it up. I've only reduced the noise of the haptic feedback, as I couldn't stand it, but I didn't try any custom settings.

I'll certainly use it more once I'll buy the Steam Link for the living room.

jediyoshi

Steam controller comes with native support like 360/One?
I don't know, the last time I read about it there was a plan to push community on creating config files for each titles or something like that.
If Steam controller comes with full support like 360/One, no problem (it still uses batteries, anyway).

If no, One controller is the best option.

That isn't not the case. Again that's additive and a benefit, and a misreading on your part on the idea that mandatory, manual configuration is involved inherent to every single title. There's a certain irony in you interpreting that as some kind of limiting factor when its function is literally the exact opposite.

aw350

Banned
Let's be honest though Acti-Bliz know what they are doing, they run very tight product lines, even abominations like Tony Hawk 5 are calculated, and I bet the bonus of even their low run execs pick up yearly are more money than most of us will see in 30+ years.

I don't know if I would agree that Blizzard know what they are doing (no opinion on Activision), but some of the things they do right and there is quite a lot of inertia, yes.

zkylon

zkylewd
https://twitter.com/VG_Dave/status/664449586056925184
Black Ops 3 generated $550m in first 3 days.
Black Ops 2 generated $500m in first 24 hours.

diminishing returns is just how this stuff gotta be, specially when there's wild new stuff like fallout 4 competing for more of the same

i don't think actiblizz should be much worried, their strategy is to delay the inevitable as long as possible and i'm pretty sure they'll manage to for a long long time

Can't seem to get Idlemaster working. Is it down for everyone or is my installation glitched? It was working fine today before I had a power failure so I'm wondering if that messed it up.

Also did South Korea somehow manage to avoid the ACRTAG that every other new currency country is getting stuck with?

Belgarion

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Devil's Bluff Beta #3 -- MB-C94E74504C2C031D - Taken by anastef
Devil's Bluff Beta #2 -- MB-4261863B3931FCDE - Taken by nightstorm
Devil's Bluff Beta -- MB-60DAC2F0A6E0E831 - Taken by derExperte

These may not work at all because I think beta is over. But if they do, you'll have the full game

AHA-Lambda

was blops 2 on ps3/360 and blops 3 just ps4/xbone?

Blops 2 was 360/PS3/PC

Blops 3 was PS4/XB1/PC/PS3/360

The question is then, is the fall in revenue due to diminishing returns or due to the collapse of 360/PS3 software sales which has been evident since the PS4/XB1 launch.

L.O.R.D

My friend used to live in UAE , but now he moved to Sweden
Now he got the uae prices in his steam account, is it safe to still use it?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
SpeedRunners - ESL's #Go4SpeedRunners - 1,250€ in prizes!

YOU GUYS, this is finally happening! Together with ESL, we are officially kicking off the Go4 SpeedRunners Europe series with some serious cash prizes involved!

Until end of year there will be 7 cups, including 3 kick-off cups and 4 Go4 series cups.

Official links:

Upcoming Kick-Off Cups:

On every Sunday at 17:00 CET in November we will host one Kick Off Cup for all European players. The goal of the Kick Off Cups is to finalize the rule book together with you, the community. We want to start the Go4 Series in December with the best possible rule set we can have. To make the competition even more attractive the winner of each tournament will get an in-game trail similar to this one:

speedrunners-kick-off-prize.png

• Nov 15th - 17:00 CET
    1on1 Kick Off Cup #1 Europe - Sign Up
  • Nov 22nd - 17:00 CET
    1on1 Kick Off Cup #2 Europe - Sign Up
  • Nov 29th - 17:00 CET
    1on1 Kick Off Cup #3 Europe - Sign Up

Upcoming Go4 Cups:

The Go4SpeedRunners Series is free for everyone and all players can sign up for it. Each week we will have one tournament, where you can earn points to qualify for the Monthly Final. On every Sunday players, who win at least one match, will receive points and the winner will receive an additional 50 EUR prize money.

The Monthly Final will take place at the beginning of each month. The final will consist of eight players who gathered the most points during the weekly cups. They will compete for a total prize money of 200 EUR, which is split between the first and second place.

On top of the cash prizes, we will send these 4 Golden Falcons (they're not real gold) to the winners of each Go4 Series tournament in December.

rjVNfb5.png

• Dec 6th - 17:00 CET
    Go4SpeedRunners Cup #1 Europe - Sign Up
  • Dec 13th - 17:00 CET
    Go4SpeedRunners Cup #2 Europe - Sign Up
  • Dec 20th - 17:00 CET
    Go4SpeedRunners Cup #3 Europe - Sign Up
  • Dec 27th - 17:00 CET
    Go4SpeedRunners Cup #4 Europe - Sign Up

Why Europe?

Fear not, if this series takes off (which you can help us with by SIGNING UP!), we will expand into more territories. It's just much easier to manage for the studio being in Europe, and the ESL Summer Series was a good test to see how we ca pull it off.

Again, don't miss the official announcement on ESL - http://play.eslgaming.com/speedrunners/europe/news/261030/

zkylon

zkylewd
Blops 2 was 360/PS3/PC

Blops 3 was PS4/XB1/PC/PS3/360

The question is then, is the fall in revenue due to diminishing returns or due to the collapse of 360/PS3 software sales which has been evident since the PS4/XB1 launch.

im gonna guess a bit of both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom