• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

el shaddai was also full of potentially awesome stuff

it's just that it just stood there looking pretty and saying nonsense and being generally nonsense and i don't even know what it was supposed to be

such a weird game

I didn't care what it was about :V Well that's not true, it's based on the Book of Enoch
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Enoch
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_apocrypha

I mean even I googled up what the story was about. Though it's always been easy for me to shut down my brain's attempt at understanding a story and just playing through for the visuals and the presentation.

Grief.exe

I would argue that the Gwyn fight is all about the experience. The music is beautifully sad as you fight this frail former God as he swings this beautiful sword at you in the abandoned ruins of a once amazing temple built at the peak of an empire.

One of the most satisfying final bosses in video game history, and still challenging, though not as challenging as some bosses in the game.

"Nah fam, it was too easy so it sucked."

You missed the entire point of the game, admittedly the story isn't spoon fed to you like the majority of ham-fisted game narratives these days.

Madn

Agree with almost all. Gwyn was easier than imagined from an end boss but to me it fit very well. The serene music, the gorgeous Kiln, even that the black knights came one after another, visible in an open path, all this made it clear that this end boss is more of a gentle and soothing sendoff for the player, rather than a last show of skill.
What a great, great game.

Yeah the astmosphere was really great inside of the kiln. I was just expecting something different from Gwyn, especially after fighting Artorias. I guess I was a bit thrown off.

Sch1sm

Paging Turfster and bigzgod:

Invisible Inc has been on my wishlist for a bit, and I see it's 50% off and I have cash to spare, but I need your opinion as people who put substantial time into the title. Gogogo. Sell it. Or tell me no. I mean, whichever.

Ludens

Banned
Yeah the astmosphere was really great inside of the kiln. I was just expecting something different from Gwyn, especially after fighting Artorias. I guess I was a bit thrown off.

Well, Artorias was added later, originally he wasn't in the game.

Tizoc

Ayo
AYO
what if Ghostlight are porting this to Steam?
trinity_ps3_boxfront_final.jpg
Yeah it's an RPG game but it's an Action RPG

now yes I know it's a K-T game but Gurumin is a Falcom game on PC not published by XSEED.
Ya never know.

Otherwise post what action games on PS3 Ghostlight could publish/release on Steam.

Invisible Inc has been on my wishlist for a bit, and I see it's 50% off and I have cash to spare, but I need your opinion as people who put substantial time into the title. Gogogo. Sell it. Or tell me no. I mean, whichever.

Isn't the game part of the free weekend?

Grief.exe

Steam GAF generally loves Invisible Inc, Don't Starve and Mark of the Ninja, buy them all.

Klei didn't add console achievements to Don't Starve though, so there's that. Personally, I will value years of free content updates, but the determination is ultimately subjective....Actually not really, as the updates are actually tangible while achievements are unequivocally useless.

Sober

Steam GAF generally loves Invisible Inc, Don't Starve and Mark of the Ninja, buy them all.

Klei didn't add console achievements to Don't Starve though, so there's that. Personally, I will value years of free content updates, but the determination is ultimately subjective....Actually not really, as the updates are actually tangible while achievements are unequivocally useless.
Won't somebody think of the children? people who use achievements to validate themselves?

Hektor

This game is free to play for the next 3 days, just try it out.
If you like the sound of "roguelike", "Turnbased" and "stealth" then there is no reason not to play it, thats all im going to say.

The only "issue" i have with this game is, that i've already seen everything after 20 hours, as i expected more due to it beeing a roguelike.

I would argue that the Gwyn fight is all about the experience. The music is beautifully sad as you fight this frail former God as he swings this beautiful sword at you in the abandoned ruins of a once amazing temple built at the peak of an empire.

I like this.

i imagined when i enter i will hear death hard rock music and screams every where and and,,,

and i got this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB6sOhQan9Y

I don't like this. That music is great for the mood

Sch1sm

Isn't the game part of the free weekend?

Probably, but I'm in no position to play it. A combination of shitty Internet, and no real time to sit down and try it out because of school things.

I can't be the only who who disliked Don't Starve. Mark of the Ninja I already have. When it comes to Invisible Inc, though, I'm more concerned with how it controls and looks. I enjoyed Marvellous Miss Take, right, I enjoy most stealth games, but in its case the POV and the controls messed with me for a while -- took a bit to get into.

This game is free to play for the next 3 days, just try it out.
If you like the sound of "roguelike", "Turnbased" and "stealth" then there is no reason not to play it, thats all im going to say.

The only "issue" i have with this game is, that i've already seen everything after 20 hours, as i expected more due to it beeing a roguelike.

If I could play it, I would, guys. Pls.

*personally not big on rogue likes, so I'm not even mad, ha.

Grief.exe

Gwyn fight was the most disappointing fight in the game
all because of the sleepy music they put

i imagined when i enter i will hear death hard rock music and screams every where and and,,,

and i got this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB6sOhQan9Y

Lord's post was perfect timing, coming just after mine.

Come on fam, I'm a dense engineer and I got it.

I can't be the only who who disliked Don't Starve. Mark of the Ninja I already have. When it comes to Invisible Inc, though, I'm more concerned with how it controls and looks. I enjoyed Marvellous Miss Take, right, I enjoy most stealth games, but in its case the POV and the controls messed with me for a while -- took a bit to get into.

Don't Starve is like Binding of Isaac, products that were meant to be super niche, but ended up finding incredible success.
Both are extremely difficult, unyielding, high learning curves, and are not very accessible.

It's not your fault if you don't like Don't Starve, you aren't the target demographic.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Night Dive Studios/Retroism releases three new games on Steam today

Right, so seemingly all at once Night Dive Studios as been in the news lately and they have just released some new games under the Retroism banner.

World War II GI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cho4KGtKm4

Tank: M1A1 Abrams Battle Simulation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6fSH7tlLOs

Starlord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwYVkFoxFVM

For those who may not know Retroism is the brand Night Dive runs in conjunction with Tommo who bough a whole bunch of GT Interactive./Accolade/Microprose games from Atari back when they were going through bankruptcy.

Momentary

Banned
These 4K Star Ocean V screens have me pretty confident about seeing this sometime next year. I don't care about the past and what they did with SOIV.

I'm so confident that this game will come out on STEAM next year, that if it's not released by then I'll raffle off the most recent big name AAA JRPG that's released at that time.

Madn

Well, Artorias was added later, originally he wasn't in the game.

That's also true. Well, I stil enjoyed it a lot, exploring each area and then finding out how everything was connected left me a a great feeling. And having to figure out each boss, with their patterns and how to counter them made me realise how I was improving at the game. It was especially great when I kept banging my head against a boss, then something clicked and I managed to beat him without almost getting hit.
I still think I'll skip Dark Souls 2 and wait for the next one though

Gwyn is alright as you shouldn't know he can be parried in the first place and boss summons are an official cheat.

Well after learning how to parry in Anor Londo I tried it against every boss and always failed. I was able to do it with each black knight that lead the way to Gwyn, so I went for it. And yeah, summons are a big no no.
Also, what was the deal with Solair? I didn't pay too much attention to his side of the story, but I think I killed him near a Titan Demon next to Bed of Chaos.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think gwyn was ok as a scene in that the music was beautiful and he looked like you were just ending his suffering or something, but then he moved and also looked kind of goofy so it ended up feeling a bit anticlimactic

i don't think the point of dark souls was to have an epic battle to the end, but artorias is a better example of the fallen knight that looks broken and awaiting for his death but that looks legit scary and cool

but hey, it's hard to compare to fucking artorias

FloatOn

Grief said it best regarding the Gwyn fight

I'll also add that it subverts the nature of the entire game in that you are used to fighting these huge monster bosses and then you get a very solemn duel at the end.

If you want something metal as fuck the Artorias duel may be what you are looking for Lord.

dex3108

Windows 10 is updating, both tablet and phone are updating their OS and earlier today my PS4 updated OS XD I am expecting to see update for my fridge next ( i don;t have "smart" fridge) XD

Anyone know if those copies of AC Syndicate in the NVIDIA and Samsung promos come with the pre-order DLC (Darwin and Dickens Conspiracy)?...just curious

Salsa

speaking of Arkham Knight ive gotten no response on my nuuvem refund yet

so, I guess it aint happening

with that in mind I just launched The Witcher 3 to finish it and move it from the SSD to make space for Batman to see if that at least makes it playable

dex3108

Anyone know if those copies of AC Syndicate in the NVIDIA and Samsung promos come with the pre-order DLC (Darwin and Dickens Conspiracy)?...just curious

You never know. For example AC IV codes were advertised as standard game only codes but when game was available for download it was Digital Deluxe version or something like that. Unity was game only aka standard version as far as i can remember.

I didn't parry in either Dark Souls or Dark Souls 2.

Figured it was best to just try and not get hit.

It's super risky, but parrying is THE most satisfying way to kill things in action games.

It's why the Onimusha series is my favourite. I used to play those game using counters only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom