• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really bad numbers, doubt they can keep it up with that kind of numbers. Their last main bundle sold 200.000+ copies.

30k * $12 - 5% charity = $342,000

200,000 copies, where it's some combination of $1 and BTA tier, mostly, and it's probably in the same ballpark... could be a bunch more, but never underestimate the number of that 200k that just paid the dollar cause they were too cheap/poor/whatever to buy BTA or "full" if there was a third tier.

shockdude

30k * $12 - 5% charity = $342,000

200,000 copies, where it's some combination of $1 and BTA tier, mostly, and it's probably in the same ballpark... could be a bunch more, but never underestimate the number of that 200k that just paid the dollar cause they were too cheap/poor/whatever to buy BTA or "full" if there was a third tier.
Remember for Humble Bundles it's pretty easy to deduce the revenue; it's literally average * # copies sold. And remember the average is typically between $5-$10.

Finally finished Tales of Zestiria, overall it wasnt the best tales game but it was enjoyable, the camera during combat was terrible though, also the story DLC was really boring imo, it was just a big dungeon with multiple doors to make it longer :/

Finally finished Tales of Zestiria, overall it wasnt the best tales game but it was enjoyable, the camera during combat was terrible though, also the story DLC was really boring imo, it was just a big dungeon with multiple doors to make it longer :/

It's the worst dungeon I've ever had in any video games in a very long time. It's that bad.
Fortunately, it's free.

Lomax

Really bad numbers, doubt they can keep it up with that kind of numbers. Their last main bundle sold 200.000+ copies.

Because running the bundle costs them money how? What makes you think Sega wants 200k copies of Valykia Chronicles sold for 50 cents a copy or less? With this bundle, each game probably solidly got $1.50 per copy if not more for the headliners, with knowledge of exactly how many copies sold, and reduced chance for black market sales. It's a win-win all around, and generates income that wouldn't have occurred otherwise, for basically no cost at all. The idea that it's a "loss" somehow because it didn't sell 10 times as much is silly. It also generates publicity for those games that doesn't come at the cost of basically giving them away for free, as we've seen with plenty of other bundles.

Remember for Humble Bundles it's pretty easy to deduce the revenue; it's literally average * # copies sold. And remember the average is typically between $5-$10.

Revenue tells us very little though on those bundles. The early mega successful bundles had people like Notch dropping $1k+ donations that all went to charity. Yes, most people stick towards the default, but that's still much less per game than with this deal.

So, I've just found out that Dragon Quest Heroes is coming to Steam.
Will mainline Dragon Quest games follow suit later? I really want that Dragon Quest XI.

So, I've just found out that Dragon Quest Heroes is coming to Steam.
Will mainline Dragon Quest games follow suit later? I really want that Dragon Quest XI.

Well I enjoyed IX (yeah I'm one of the few who did) and played some of IV and V, but might be interested in picking up some of the other titles like VII and VIII.

You know what would be a good idea? Putting some of the Dragon Quest Monsters games on Steam. It might not be Pokemon, but it'll be the closest you'll ever get on PC.

EVGA b-side page updated. Some decent deals there, like a $250 EVGA 970 FTW.

http://www.evga.com/Products/ProductList.aspx?type=8

Well I enjoyed IX (yeah I'm one of the few who did) and played some of IV and V, but might be interested in picking up some of the other titles like VII and VIII.

You know what would be a good idea? Putting some of the Dragon Quest Monsters games on Steam. It might not be Pokemon, but it'll be the closest you'll ever get on PC.

I really liked DQVIII on PS2, outside of a bad experience with the purchase as well as the horrendous load times. The artstyle for that game would probably make it a decent looker on PC with some downsampling without much effort. I'd totally rebuy that for the "collection" if it ever released on Steam.

We just have to wait and see.
I personally expect that we will see it. Along with FFXV and such.

Yeah, at this point it's a given.
It has become a pattern for SE, release the games on consoles first, then announce the PC version.

Let get SO5 first.

That would be great.
I wonder if there are many SO fans on PC though. DQ Heroes is a good start to introduce the world and casts of DQ for PC users who've already get used to musou games. Then release the mainline RPG titles after that.

I've never played any Monsters games.
So they're like pokemon but in DQ world? Interesting.

Jawmuncher

Yeah, at this point it's a given.
It has become a pattern for SE, release the games on consoles first, then announce the PC version.

That would be great.
I wonder if there are many SO fans on PC though. DQ Heroes is a good start to introduce the world and casts of DQ for PC users who've already get used to musou games. Then release the mainline RPG titles after that.

I've never played any Monsters games.
So they're like pokemon but in DQ world? Interesting.

I do hope they learn that releasing day and date with consoles is better in the long run though.

Bad news for my Assassin's Creed series run.

nUknAkP.jpg

I caved. I'm so sorry.

And nothing of value was lost.

Vlad

To be fair, being unable to move/attack if you miss a beat will get you killed in many situations. Keeping the coin multiplier is important if you want to be able to make use of the shops. Additionally, there is a character that instantly dies if they miss a beat (well, more than one character actually).

Yeah, I didn't want to bring up the whole thing about that one character (didn't know there was more than one, actually. Haven't unlocked everybody yet).

The thing about the coins is that in a single-zone run, the shops are so cheap that you can afford pretty much everything by the first floor alone if you do well. I often end a single-zone run with hundreds of coins left over unless I go absolutely crazy in the shops. In an all-zones run, the shops are so expensive that you can't buy much that early anyway. I think what bugs me is that even when you're maxed out, you can only get the multiplier up to four, I believe. Even if I whiff a beat, it still gets back up to four really fast, so there's not really that much punishment for missing beats.

I would say the idea of the game is easy, but in practice it's a lot harder than it looks. I have most of the characters done in All Zones runs and I'd say it was pretty damn hard.

Yeah, but what part of it did you consider hard? Was it just keeping on the beat, or was it dealing with all the enemies and their patterns? I hardly ever miss any beats, but I regularly take damage when dealing with a room full of monsters.

fertygo

That would be great.

If the game's gud, its will sell.. so far its at least looks better than recent Tales game, if the game's come to Steam I'm sure its will attract JRPG/Anime fans regardless they had fondness to the series or not.

I really hope K-T isnt in charge of porting that Dragon Quest Game.

I mean after 3 months their One Piece port still isnt fixed and still has the PSVita assets, the options dont do anything etc.
It hasnt even received one patch.

I am holding out for Final Fantasy X-2.

I want to play dress-up dammit.

You'll get that chance in Lightning Returns.

It has elements of Pokemon and SMT. It's Pokemon-like in that it's based around tournaments. It's SMT-like in that there's monster fusion instead of evolution.

That would do well on PC then, I guess.
But they need to establish the franchise first.

If the game's gud, its will sell.. so far its at least looks better than recent Tales game, if the game's come to Steam I'm sure its will attract JRPG/Anime fans regardless they had fondness to the series or not.

If you put it that way, you're right.
Zestiria is the first Tales of games on steam and it's doing alright.

Lomax

weird that steam gaf is slow lately, not as much posts as usual.

Like 90% of the posts earlier this month were either bitching about the upcoming Fallout 4 release, or looking forward to it. So now that it's actually out, the people that bought it are playing it, and the people that didn't aren't talking about it any more.

Dsyndrome

The year-end load has been blown, minus Battlefront. Everyone's enjoying their games, busy with midterms, caught up in Microsoft winning NPD, or watching American Horror Story on their backlog DVR's.

Ported by Koei though, most likely. >___>

Shit....

I really wonder why K-T not at least fixes the PW3 port. Seriously. Its been almost 3 months and no patch, no update, no anything, while modders at least fixed some things.
I mean its a fucking huge bug if your graphical options dont change anything besides the resolution...

Momentary

Banned
Shit....

I really wonder why K-T not at least fixes the PW3 port. Seriously. Its been almost 3 months and no patch, no update, no anything, while modders at least fixed some things.
I mean its a fucking huge bug if your graphical options dont change anything besides the resolution...

I'm here to tell you... I've been down this road. Just let it go. K-T is garbage and the majority of their fans could care less what kind of port they put on STEAM. They all just upvote it to hell and back and shake their fists at those who point out outrageous issues with their ports. Kind of sad. But their sales are suffering for their non existing customer service and porting jobs. Only their hardcore fans are buying their crap like drones. I refuse to give my money to such a horrible company. They have yet to put out a competent product. People like to hail Samurai Warriors as competent, but it's not. Just take a stroll through their official forums and just look at the issues the game has. One major one having controllers not work properly. Which is something Pirate Warriors 3 suffers from as well.

Look at CAVE. They ported Mushihimesama to STEAM and have already made 3 patches for the game in less than a week. They are several times smaller than these clowns and offer outstanding customer service and listen to their fans. It's also their first rodeo on PC. THOSE are the people I give my money to these days. Not a who company who spits on their fans.

I'm here to tell you... I've been down this road. Just let it go. K-T is garbage and the majority of their fans could care less what kind of port they put on STEAM. They all just upvote it to hell and back and shake their fists at those who point out outrageous issues with their ports. Kind of sad. But their sales are suffering for their non existing customer service and porting jobs. Only their hardcore fans are buying their crap like drones. I refuse to give my money to such a horrible company.

Look at CAVE. They ported Mushihimesama to STEAM and have already made 3 patches for the game in less than a week. They are several times smaller than these clowns and offer outstanding customer service and listen to their fans. It's also their first rodeo on PC. THOSE are the people I give my money to these days.

Yeah. its just sad to see that.
I mean I love their games. DoA5 (except the onlinemode and missing 2 stages) was actually a good port, but all of their Musou-Ports are shit.

I mean almost all are missing the online-modes, but then with PW3 they even refuse to fix, that they forgot to add graphical options. I mean I am sure the PC version isnt the Vita-version, since people found the next-gen assets in the code or somewhere... But why dont they just fix it?

Momentary

Banned
Yeah. its just sad to see that.
I mean I love their games. DoA5 (except the onlinemode and missing 2 stages) was actually a good port, but all of their Musou-Ports are shit.

I mean almost all are missing the online-modes, but then with PW3 they even refuse to fix, that they forgot to add graphical options. I mean I am sure the PC version isnt the Vita-version, since people found the next-gen assets in the code or somewhere... But why dont they just fix it?

To put it bluntly... It's because they don't give a fuck.

To put it bluntly... It's because they don't give a fuck.

I just wonder why Kotaku wont write a piece about it (maybe they also dont care). I mean you can write a whole article about their shitty ports and at least they have the power to reach someone higher and could change things.

Even according to SteamSpy that game sold about 55.000 and they sold that game (besides the price glitch) for 60$...

Khronico

Just got through the main quest in Fallout 4.

It was hot trash, the ending being particularly asinine. Bethesda didn't learn a single thing from 3. From what I can tell
you don't even get a slideshow of what your choices did to affect the world/characters.

Knurek

I want to give my money so hard for these Koei Tecmo games.
But the ports are all shit.
It's so completely sad.

Don't worry, Dragon Quest Heroes will not be ported by KT.
It will instead be ported by either DOTEMU or High Voltage.
Mark my words, inside your heart you know them to be truth.

Dragon Quest is a too big franchise to fuck over with a shitty port, SE knows that. It's also their starting point to port other games to Steam. If the first impressions are bad, it'll be bad in the long run. They just won't let TK bring a bad port of Dragon Quest Heroes to Steam.

Obviously.
See how well FF13, FF13-2, FFIV and FFV ports were made.

Dragon Quest is a too big franchise to fuck over with a shitty port, SE knows that. It's also their starting point to port other games to Steam. If the first impressions are bad, it'll be bad in the long run. They just won't let TK bring a bad port of Dragon Quest Heroes to Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom