• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

Am I crazy or does Chrome lowers the sound of any video playing in the browser when you search something (ctrl + F) ?

Granjinha

you will see the problem, when we will get nothing more on PC and it will totally happen, unless SC miraculously starts to selling like Fallout or something.
We had our chance, we don't have benefit of a doubt anymore and reasons doesn't matter. Only SC selling very good would have gave us TC announcement and later games, and from announcement to game releasing there is very long time as we know. Now if even SC will sell discounted somewhere around FC numbers in years to come, it won't do us any good. You have to understand that much, haven't you?

let's talk about it in two years from now then.
kindly don't forget it, deal?

I'm sorry, but that's not how things work at all. Even XSEED doesn't agree with that mentality.

Also, you're the one that predicted Mad Max would bomb on PC, right? And that MGSV would sell ~400k. Not trying to be a dick, but you're kind wrong with your predictions from what i've seen. :p

Monooboe

Seeing as I love open world games that are towards the RPG spectrum it makes me immensely happy to see Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 sell so well.

zkylon

zkylewd
FO 3 is just the worst of all. It's the only Fallout game that I haven't actually finished. Just imagine Fallout 4 with worst graphics, combat, and settlements.
Settlements is a pretty nice addition in FO 4, I enjoyed building and managing stuff on it a lot.
so far that hasn't been the case for me

the first few areas that i found in fo4 lacked the haunting and mellancholic look from the starting areas in fo3. i don't think fo3 is very good but they really did nail a chernobyl-like feel of a civilization wiped out without time to prepare, even if that has nothing to do with what fallout is lol

fo4 so far feels just generic tbh, and the dialogue is a huge step down with those "sarcastic" dialogue options that tell you absolutely nothing about what it does and i've already went around the wheel and tried different options and they all seem to just let the npc carry on with their speech. why are you even talking anyways...

I'll just grab New Vegas when its on sale again

]not like my toaster can run f4 anyway

go for it

one of the best rpgs of all time

My game drops to as low as thirty something frames when I'm in New Vegas, no texture mods just some bug fixing ones, and I have a 980Ti.
that's strange, maybe you should try that 4gb+ ram mod or something

i'll be there day 1

unless it's another fucking south park game

Ludens

Banned
A warning: when you install the new Win 10 update, you need to turn off all your privacy settings because the update turns on them again.

Backlogger

Seeing as I love open world games that are towards the RPG spectrum it makes me immensely happy to see Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 sell so well.

I still need to get and play Witcher 3. I wanted to play 1 & 2 first but I just don't have time to. Witcher 1 I am having a hard time getting into because of the graphics and what not. If it was like a 10 hour game I think I would do it but I think its a 40-50 hour game for me.

No Rocket League or Life is Strange for game of the year. This thread is going to burn to the ground

Based on what I've played of both, that seems about right. :p

It took 2-3 episodes of LiS before it got interesting, really.
The ending of episode 4 finally has my attention and I'm curious to see what happens in episode 5, but it's not likely to make my Steam GotY list when voting opens.

Overall experience so far, with ep. 5 of LiS still to be played, is that I preferred the narrative and writing of Tales from the Borderlands.
My opinion could shift, but based on some of the disappointment I've seen regarding the LiS finale, I don't expect it to.

Puns.

Puns, everywhere.

Most likely a lot of innuendo and double entendres too.

Backlogger

I don't see a 'Best Advert shoehorned into an Award Presentation' category. Seriously this never has and never will be a proper awards show, it's a marketing event. Solid is the last thing I'd call it in lieu of praise.

I wish they were having it in Vegas again. I would have gone this year. Last year I didn't even know about it until like a few days before hand. Totally would have gone (despite the fact it wasn't that great).

dex3108

I don't see a 'Best Advert shoehorned into an Award Presentation' category. Seriously this never has and never will be a proper awards show, it's a marketing event. Solid is the last thing I'd call it in lieu of praise.

We get awards, new announcements, new trailers, Steam Sale so i can live with few ads between those.

nobody watches for awards anyway. just the new trailers / announcements. Geoff even did a twitter poll few days ago on world premiers vs awards and it was like 85% only wanted the premieres

Pachimari

I'm gonna start up my playthrough in New Vegas for the first time today, and with the Steam controller, but are there any mods I should install before I start it up?

I tried setting up my own controller config yesterday, and I just need to make a few changes, and then I'm ready!

I'm actually pretty excited. I haven't played any other Fallout game other than this, and I don't think I have played an Obsidian title either (skipped out on Knights of the Old Republic II and Alpha Protocol, though I own both).

rtcn63

I cheated a bit in RE5 (late game)
Before the Excella fight, I found a good farming spot for treasure, and used it to unlock + purchase the Hydra. I didn't need it, but I was just bored.

Grief.exe

What was that you once said?

Perhaps you should keep your opinion to yourself.

Feel free to support your point, you really do have an uphill battle with these games that are aimed at a wide an audience as possible. The design just becomes so watered down it becomes much easier to argue for mediocrity.

I wish gaming journalism was more accountable :(

Honestly, I'd have to concede after this point as I've never played the game and never will. Would be interesting to see the arguments however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom