• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Not sure if it's the Steam Controller and getting used to it but goddamn does Fallout 4 feel mechanically janky. Everything feels so cumbersome.

And the load times are sooooo long. Longer than any other game I have experienced on my current PC. Maybe I should move the game to the SSD

edit: Also does the subtitles get screwed up for anyone else when you skip a line?

Maybe Bethesda should fix their crap before release it.

FloatOn

Grief is showing shades of derrick01

and I rather enjoy it

edit - the "everything is awesome" bullshit needs to go basically

rtcn63

RE5 sometimes completely freezes my PC. I actually have to turn it off.

Strange, the RE PC ports are really stable. Not sure if I've ever had a freeze on any.

I finished my Veteran run.
Switched back to the Ithaca because the Hydra was too OP. I was only like one area away from the end of the game, so it wasn't really a big deal. And Sheva in her Fairy Tale costume = forgive me father for I have sinned.

Khronico

Not sure if it's the Steam Controller and getting used to it but goddamn does Fallout 4 feel mechanically janky. Everything feels so cumbersome.

And the load times are sooooo long. Longer than any other game I have experienced on my current PC. Maybe I should move the game to the SSD

Yea the load times are sucky.

What's your HDD? I'm running with a stock 5400rpm and load times are all over the place, ranging from 10 seconds (only for loading quicksaves) to a full minute.

Maybe Bethesda should fix their crap before release it.

TBH this is probably one of the most stable Bethesda launch I have experienced. Nearly 30hrs and practically no bugs or progression blockers and only 1 crash.

MUnited83

For you.

edit: Also does the subtitles get screwed up for anyone else when you skip a line?

Definitievely move it to SSD. Load times are like a third of the time on SSD.

And yes, subtitles are fucked.

Hilarious how insecure some TF2 fans have been about Overwatch ever since it got announced. On reddit you had people theorizing that Valve would save MM's release for OW's release so fans wouldn't swicth over, threads calling out worried people who fear TF2 might dip in popularity, or how the game isn't a competitor anymore after it turned out to be B2P or how people shouldn't worry about it, because it lacks the skill ceiling etc

Tizoc

Sooooooooooooooooo Autumn sale starts this coming Monday or Tuesday?

http://zippy.gfycat.com/ScaredFeistyCrow.webm

Gotta check Steam to see how low FO games could go for during sales

Haunted

All the time they spent making that shitty base building system in Fallout 4.

I haven't seen so much misdirected effort in AAA since they put a Tower Defence game in Assassin's Creed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I haven't seen so much misdirected effort in AAA since they put a Tower Defence game in Assassin's Creed.

Ah, memories. It's very easy, IIRC, but definitely a strange inclusion.

As Nyteshade has said, the sub page is still up, but I think that's an oversight. To answer your question, though: I've no idea. I remember some users seeing a "Some online features of the game have been shut down" error message around the time the store page was yanked, but if memory serves that was just because the game had/s no general connection/sever error message and everything eventually returned to normal.

KJZzla4.png

When clicked, it redirects to the Steam storefront instead of the sub page Nyteshade linked... seemed really weird when I was cleaning out my wishlist yesterday and noticed it suddenly didn't have a price or add to cart button like the others in the screencap.

Ludens

Banned
TBH this is probably one of the most stable Bethesda launch I have experienced. Nearly 30hrs and practically no bugs or progression blockers and only 1 crash.

Guess you are lucky, I read/saw some reviews, like SuperBunny Hop one, and they say the game is filled with gamebreaking bugs, glitches, performance issue, SBH says also is maybe the buggiest Fallout ever released.

Parsnip

I pre-ordered Dragon Age Inquisition.
Still haven't played it.
And while we are confessing stuff, I actually enjoyed Dragon Age 2 a bunch. It had severe issues on the repetitive content side, cookie cutter dungeons and shit and the animations looked funky, but that was kind of it.

A warning: when you install the new Win 10 update, you need to turn off all your privacy settings because the update turns on them again.

Not on my end.
I did have to uninstall couple apps though.

Solid nominees for this years Game Awards

http://thegameawards.com/nominees/

I have a feeling Witcher 3 will clean up.
And Splatoon will win the multiplayer category.

Wasn't one of the DLC's for Skyrim some kind of home building thing? I never touched it, but I wonder how extensive it was and how much they had to expand on that in order to make the thing that landed in Fallout 4.

Shallow gameplay
Modern Bioware writing
Bad quest design

In a banner year for RPGs we get the GOTY we deserve.

Completely agree.

And by the time 65 hours was done it was getting a bit thin, but I enjoyed the world and exploring the different areas. Companion bickering was a nice touch. I really liked Skyhold along with the crafting system.

It was a perfect game, hell it isn't even the best Dragon Age game....but in year I didn't play many games, it was the best.

Lomax

I wish gaming journalism was similar to other forms of media. Where they take taste into account, but also compare the substance of the media to its place in history and how it pushes the medium forward.

They are free to enjoy something, but also support their point with a degree of objectivity.

I can watch and enjoy a movie like James Bond, but I can also criticize the movie at the same time.

Basically my question is, why do many of these reviews sound like they are ghost written by the publishers? Why can their not be critique in gaming journalism?

Are those opinions inaccurate? Do I have to conform to the same accountability as a journalist?

What I don't understand is it seemed like years ago there was more niche/genre game coverage, stuff like Computer Games: Strategy Plus. I mean, it's insane to have the same people review MMOs and fighting games on the same scale by the same standards. My favorite genre of music is metal, and if I read reviews in Decibel, they sure as hell don't cover the latest Miley Cyrus album. But not only that, they know there are people who are fans of death metal, and people who are fans of power metal, and they cover them accordingly. The gaming review culture for the most part has abandoned that, except maybe for YouTubers. Which is probably why they are the only successful ones left really.

That's why I laugh when people say we need better games "journalism." No, we don't. Reviews and previews aren't journalism, and they aren't supposed to be, they are enthusiast press. We need a better games fanbase, from forum users to gaming sites to awards shows, across the board. This hobby has become an endless shouting match that just results in the same old crap getting pumped out over and over again. Our enthusiasm seems mired in self loathing.

Sooooooooooooooooo Autumn sale starts this coming Monday or Tuesday?

Autumn sale is the 25th.

Nzyme32

Hilarious how insecure some TF2 fans have been about Overwatch ever since it got announced. On reddit you had people theorizing that Valve would save MM's release for OW's release so fans wouldn't swicth over, threads calling out worried people who fear TF2 might dip in popularity, or how the game isn't a competitor anymore after it turned out to be B2P or how people shouldn't worry about it, because it lacks the skill ceiling etc

That's almost console gamer platform warz logic of being so fearful of something new or a competitor that they have to spin up these theories of an ultimate game plan specifically against that company's game / platform etc, all to protect their ego that is so wrapped up in what a perceived "success" looks like so they can consider themselves "winning"

Completely agree.

And by the time 65 hours was done it was getting a bit thin, but I enjoyed the world and exploring the different areas. Companion bickering was a nice touch. I really liked Skyhold along with the crafting system.

It was a perfect game, hell it isn't even the best Dragon Age game....but in year I didn't play many games, it was the best.

You're killing this industry man

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When clicked, it redirects to the Steam storefront instead of the sub page Nyteshade linked... seemed really weird when I was cleaning out my wishlist yesterday and noticed it suddenly didn't have a price or add to cart button like the others in the screencap.

Yeah, only app store pages can be wishlisted. Sub page support is something Valve sorely needs to add as it'd then be possible to specify which edition you're interested in.

Tenrius

There's literally no single person playing Bombernauts online right now. That's kinda rough for an online multiplayer game. :( It does seem kinda fun, if somewhat clunky.

You should. Load times are no more than several seconds on my M500.

840 Evo (or maybe Pro? can't remember) here and I can confirm this. Load times while on SSD are negligible.

Ehh. I can't defend it on my own right, since I have no interest in it, but my Ole Lady® loves it. She's not a big gamer at all, but when she does get into something, it's usually something with base management and clean up. Viva Pinata and Animal Crossing, for instance. It hasn't been that bad watching her do it, either.

Khronico

Some sick part of me wants MGSV to win tons of GOTY awards just so I can see the internet meltdowns.

I'd totally be fine with that, even with the disgusting FOB stuff that was done post release

Parsnip

Just noticed that Tomb Raider Anniversary got a mac port not too long ago. Shame they didn't go back to the Windows version as well and add achievements to both. I do wonder why they picked Anniversary to port though, and seemingly not the other two games in that trilogy.

I wish they would just give some tlc to those games with bunch of Steamworks stuff.

I'm ok with that.

Seriously though, it is possible to enjoy an experience/gaming while acknowledging it's a flawed product.

I was being sarcastic. :)

I think Neptunia games are great and some people probably think that's worse than literally being hitler. People just need to get off their high horse for having different taste in videogames.

Monooboe

Seriously though, it is possible to enjoy an experience/gaming while acknowledging it's a flawed product.

This. For example, I preferred Dragon Age Inquisition to Divinity Original Sin, sure I liked both but thinking back I just got immersed much more in DAI and that weights so much more for me. Sure I disliked a bunch about DAI, silly things like I didn't like the romance options, but at least there were some for of connecting with an companion while DOS didn't have any sense of social interaction that was more than "do this at this place", I remember characters from DIA but none from DOS. Again, both were in top five for that year for me.

Grief.exe

So do we know all the differences between the current Fallout digital games and Fallout Classics?

I have Fallout Classic on GOG, but not the current distribution.

zkylon

zkylewd
So do we know all the differences between the current Fallout digital games and Fallout Classics?

dunno why you'd buy a new one (unless you're saoirse), gog version of fallout is flawless

Dsyndrome

I asked during the beginning of the GOG sale:
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the classic versions have Mac support as well as more extras while the Bethesda published ones on sale today are PC only. I believe GOG was going to try to negotiate to get the rest of the extras on the new releases, but I'm not sure if they ever managed it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom