• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

lol steam badges

1jzgjCl.jpg

3DS wins again

Dr Dogg

Well seeing as I bought Gears on Monday I imagine it will be on PC pretty soon now to just make me look like a dick. Didn't it get rated by PEGI the other day for PC? Can't be long now.

lol reviews of apps

I don't pay a single cent and get like 3 badges per day which are just visual flair for the 3DS home screen

how do you review this

Is it useful?
Is it fun?
Does it work well?
Is it worth your bandwidth or space on your device's memory.

Well seeing as I bought Gears on Monday I imagine it will be on PC pretty soon now to just make me look like a dick. Didn't it get rated by PEGI the other day for PC? Can't be long now.

There was something kicking around before that which made me think it was supposed to be released on PC prior to 2016... I just can't recall what it was at the moment.

Well...no more heroes is an action game...

What?

zkylon

zkylewd
Anyone think I should go with mods, or just default New Vegas when playing?

i think the game is pretty good without mods but you should install some mods anyways, specially since it's a really long game that you might not feel like starting over after beating it.

my mod list is a bit outdated but you should find some good stuff here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153420617&postcount=1624

it's all lore friendly stuff that enhances the main game, it doesn't just change it entirely or make it different or anything like that, so no perks every level or loli characters. there's stuff that's missing that was released after i made the list or that i forgot about but it's a start.

also you don't necessarily have to use mods right away, you can play a bit without them and go adding mods as you progress in the game

that's what i did on my first playthrough

Salsa

Is it useful?
Is it fun?
Does it work well?
Is it worth your bandwidth or space on your device's memory.

its a crane game

its ok

the only thing it goes for is one's craving for collecting stuff

but you get random free plays a day, and with the practice mode you can ear as much as like 4 free plays

sterling being kind of a dick saying it's bad at being f2p. I just don't agree. you should base it on wether or not its worth having if you plan on not spending money of it and this definetly fits that bill

Might actually step into a gamestop for the first time in years to get a steam controller as I want to mess around with one this weekend and amazon now doesn't come to me yet. *sigh*

WOULD YOU LIKE TO PREORDER

Edit: Amazon now, not prime. I use the latter all the time.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Battlefront season pass details revealed

epic expansion packs featuring brand new content set across the Star Wars™ galaxy including:
  • Over 20 new pieces of galactic tech including weapons, vehicles, and Star Cards for both Rebels and Imperials
  • 4 more heroes and villains for you to fight as or against
  • 16 additional multiplayer maps featuring new locations
  • 4 exciting new game modes

Dsyndrome

I hate this Windows Update rollout nonsense. At least let me see where I end up in the queue, I don't have time today to go through the ISO method.

Strange, the RE PC ports are really stable. Not sure if I've ever had a freeze on any.

I finished my Veteran run.
Switched back to the Ithaca because the Hydra was too OP. I was only like one area away from the end of the game, so it wasn't really a big deal. And Sheva in her Fairy Tale costume = forgive me father for I have sinned.

Yeah, it's weird and really annoying.
And yeah, Sheva is insanely hot.

Dr Dogg

One thing I won't miss about Rise of the Tomb Raider when it's on PC is the woeful shadow map resolution. Still catch it in the right light and it's quite a looker.

Well they were always ran by a bunch of clowns.

There was something kicking around before that which made me think it was supposed to be released on PC prior to 2016... I just can't recall what it was at the moment.

I don't think anything has been said about it since Rod was on the AMD PC show at E3. Xboners (this is probably the greatest unintentional portmanteau ever) are getting backwards compatible versions of 1 through Judgement starting 1st December and the offer ends 31st December so maybe after then to grab some double dippers? Worked for GTAV.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well I wanted to purchase a (not Steam) key for a game. After hearing about how the grey market sellers aren't all scams on a thread here on GAF (how they're really just taking advantage of regional price differences by purchasing keys in bulk) I decided to give it a try.

6 hours later I'm looking at a Paypal resolution page that says I'll have my money back in 3 weeks.

So yeah, I guess despite a lot of people saying "oh it's not a scam it's just a cheap way to buy games", I have personal proof to the contrary. Not doing that again.

Well I wanted to purchase a (not Steam) key for a game. After hearing about how the grey market sellers aren't all scams on a thread here on GAF (how they're really just taking advantage of regional price differences by purchasing keys in bulk) I decided to give it a try.

6 hours later I'm looking at a Paypal resolution page that says I'll have my money back in 3 weeks.

So yeah, I guess despite a lot of people saying "oh it's not a scam it's just a cheap way to buy games", I have personal proof to the contrary. Not doing that again.

Gotta stop listening to hatless guys, buddy.

Jawmuncher

Considering the hardware of the Xbox One. Rise of the Tomb Raider is still really impressive 90% of the time. A lot of time i'm playing and going "Wow this is on Xbox One", after all of the half-ass ports the system has gotten. Should bold well for people with lesser cards. a 2gb card should hopefully offer similar looks to the Xbox One version. About the only real complaint performance wise I have is that it fluctuates 25-30 it seems sometimes. Never anything too bad though. Should be nice to see it on PC at a locked 30 or 60fps.

Where did you buy from?

Dr Dogg

Real talk. Origin or Uplay key Shackles?

Edit: Ooooooooh the other guys. Well you know moringbus' fool proof plan if they sell battlenet keys then avoid like the plague.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Where did you buy from?

Not sure if I can post the link here without it being erased (hint: they sell CD-Keys). Was trying to save a few bucks (deal post here via Slickdeals) but ultimately I should have just paid the extra $10 and bought it full price. Now I'll likely have to wait a few weeks to play.

Quite an interesting scam though - after placing my order I was told that I had to do a phone verification for "fraud protection". After giving them my phone number I was told that the fraud protection failed. And that was it. No key, no refund, just theft. Hopefully Paypal can sort that nonsense out faster than 3 weeks but we'll see.

I honestly should have known better, but like many folks the Gaming side of GAF led me astray.

Dsyndrome

Not sure if I can post the link here without it being erased (hint: they sell CD-Keys). Was trying to save a few bucks (deal post here via Slickdeals) but ultimately I should have just paid the extra $10 and bought it full price. Now I'll likely have to wait a few weeks to play.

Quite an interesting scam though - after placing my order I was told that I had to do a phone verification for "fraud protection". After giving them my phone number I was told that the fraud protection failed. And that was it. No key, no refund, just theft. Hopefully Paypal can sort that nonsense out faster than 3 weeks but we'll see.

I honestly should have known better, but like many folks the Gaming side of GAF led me astray.
A Blizzard game no less.

Thankfully I'm so far behind in the series I can wait until it's cheaper.

Nabs

According to SD, they don't support Google Voice numbers at all. I think you mentioned having one (or something similar) when Valve was doing the phone stuff.

I hope you get back your money. The people who try to push others to use these sites are weird. If you use it and have good luck with it, cool, but don't pretend it's something everyone should jump on.

jshackles

According to SD, they don't support Google Voice numbers at all. I think you mentioned having one (or something similar) when Valve was doing the phone stuff.

I hope you get back your money. The people who try to push others to use these sites are weird. If you use it and have good luck with it, cool, but don't pretend it's something everyone should jump on.

I tried several different phone lines (even one that's a "traditional" land line) and none of them worked. Yeah it's crazy the people defending them - like you said, if you get a good deal then good for you. But the way I see it, it's got the same online connotations as illegal activities do - you might have a great drug dealer that gives you good prices, but that doesn't mean he's not going to rob me.

Knurek

The batch file isn't needed anymore? Gotta try this.

Yeah, took a while to find out how to force the update to happen, as MS is sending it to Win10 users in batches.
My login times are still horrendous, but at least there's no need for batch files. Switching from BT to USB and vice versa works fine as well.

Momentary

Banned
Hmmm. Just got a Fort nite alpha acceptance email. Was this something that was widely announced? It says I can invite 2 people. Gotta sign some NDAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom