• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Weird, apparently the loyalty discount for Darksiders 2 is now 60%, and lasts until the end of the year. Maybe they'll decide on a 33% discount for the fall sale which would make for a nice price mistake.

8 hours of Fallout 4 in a row...

giphy.gif

Also, Cait is best companion and waifu.

Sajjaja

Weird, apparently the loyalty discount for Darksiders 2 is now 60%, and lasts until the end of the year. Maybe they'll decide on a 33% discount for the fall sale which would make for a nice price mistake.

IIRC that 80% discount was only for the first week which has passed. Just like they said. Or are we still gonna hate them for stuff?

Sch1sm

Finished The Walking Dead S1, finally, made decent way through Undertale, as in, I finally got out
of the damn ruins
, and have kept the pacifist route so far.
Toriel was a bit of a bitch, though, lol, until I started paying real good attention to her attacks. All I had for health was that pie. I wasn't ready.
. My dodge game is weak as fuck, for the record.

Walking Dead -- Episode 5 was better than the entire thing. The. Entire. Damn. Thing. I thought I hated it, but it finished off so strongly my mood about the title has mellowed and I'm actually looking forward to playing S2. RIP. :c

Undertale -- Flowey the Flower. Flowey the fucking Flower.
And so many great puns, it's almost like Se7en wrote the script or something. "I've done a ton today. A skele-ton," said Sans the Skeleton. You don't expect what you get from this game, at all, not from the start. It starts peculiarly, and then it's just weird, then it's very weird, but it does it all so well. Plus, the soundtrack is pretty great. I bought the soundtrack, InfiniteNine. I bought it.

Sch1sm

Shovel Knight or Incognita (Invisible Inc)...hmmmmmmm

Why not both?

Or just ask yourself what you want. Turn based stealth. Platformer. What are you feeling?

Having fun wuth Invisible. Inc, I feel its gonna have 75% discount in less of 6 month.. so I think I'n gonna hold off for atm.

I decided to wait, too. Not even price that's my issue, though, it's debate of its worth. It's got the scale of difficulty I want, the elements I want, but the reviews of the story aren't the greatest, so I'll wait patiently for it to be a fiver.

donny2112

Thanks for the write-up, Jaw. Unlike what seems like the majority here, I enjoyed the last TR quite a bit. Hearing that the sequel is improved in just about every way is great. Expedition Mode sounds like it could be a nice addition to the regular game.

Looking forward to the PC release.

Definitely. Loved the first one on PC, and really looking forward to the second, if I can play it.

Sajjaja

Why not both?

Or just ask yourself what you want. Turn based stealth. Platformer. What are you feeling?

I decided to wait, too. Not even price that's my issue, though, it's debate of its worth. It's got the scale of difficulty I want, the elements I want, but the reviews of the story aren't the greatest, so I'll wait patiently for it to be a fiver.

I've had my eye on both for a while now tbh. I have enough Steam Dosh for just one. I do think Incognita will drop to 75% soon so I might just wait on that, but I guess I'll also just pick up Shovel Knight on the 3DS instead haha.

Invisible Inc seems like the type of game you don't play for the story but for the gameplay itself.

One really neat thing about the steam controller is the triggers have varying levels of sensitivity which can be individually set for each game. For example, in Alien Isolation I'm using a preset someone made that makes it so if I lightly hold the right trigger the gun goes into ready/aim mode but if I push in the gun fires where in the base game you have to use left trigger to raise and rt to fire.

I heard the 3D is REALLY good on that game in particular. So it's either Steam Achievements or a really nice experience.

If you can tolerate playing on the shitty hardware, really want to use the 3D, and don't care about achievements -- go for it.

The d-pad/buttons/circle pad/screen are all so terrible to me that I don't want to play ANYTHING on 3DS unless I absolutely have to.

Sajjaja

If you can tolerate playing on the shitty hardware, really want to use the 3D, and don't care about achievements -- go for it.

The d-pad/buttons/circle pad/screen are all so terrible to me that I don't want to play ANYTHING on 3DS unless I absolutely have to.

Man you haven't even played TW3. Get outta here.

But ur rite tho I really want those cheesemints

This Fear profile feels so good, lean on the left and right back bumps. Love the extra buttons.

I was intrigued by the profile ability of the controller the most... that sounds really cool.
However, a lot of the reviews talking about how the touchpads are really tough to adjust to, the face buttons are small, the lack of demarcation lines of any sort on the right touchpad, lack of a true d-pad, etc. all have me highly skeptical that I would actually enjoy or use it on a regular basis.

Sounds like it has analog triggers at least (I think everything on DS4/X1/X360 controllers are all digital, so that "slight pressure for action 1, more pressure for action 2" kind of went away when Sony moved to the PS4.

Man you haven't even played TW3. Get outta here.

And that has what to do with offering an opinion on a game that I've completed at least 5x over the last year and a half?

Was real tempted to get one myself till I learned there's no rumble support.

No rumble is actually a plus for me. More times than not, I prefer to turn rumble off if a game gives me an option to and it isn't used in a well-designed manner during gameplay.

Sajjaja

I was intrigued by the profile ability of the controller the most... that sounds really cool.
However, a lot of the reviews talking about how the touchpads are really tough to adjust to, the face buttons are small, the lack of demarcation lines of any sort on the right touchpad, lack of a true d-pad, etc. all have me highly skeptical that I would actually enjoy or use it on a regular basis.

Sounds like it has analog triggers at least (I think everything on DS4/X1/X360 controllers are all digital, so that "slight pressure for action 1, more pressure for action 2" kind of went away when Sony moved to the PS4.

Was real tempted to get one myself till I learned there's no rumble support.

And that has what to do with offering an opinion on a game that I've completed at least 5x over the last year and a half?

Means I don't trust your opinion
but actually means I'm busting your chops.

No rumble is actually a plus for me. More times than not, I prefer to turn rumble off if a game gives me an option to and it isn't used in a well-designed manner during gameplay.

I actually wish there was some practical way to incorporate rumble into a mkb combo but that's not possible because it would be fucking stupid but I love rumble is what I'm trying to say.

Rocket League w/Rumble >>>>>>> Rocket League w/o Rumble.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Fuck me. Iron Passage is seriously tearing me apart. Good Lord, what a crapfest. Probably died more often to the magic smelter than 90% of all other bosses. Been hours there and not a single freaking summon to be seen. Firmly believe being DLC is the main reason.

Iron Passage is a gigantic pain in the ass.

zkylon

zkylewd
i've been forcing myself lately to play with rumble on

not sure if i like it, but it's not that bad and i guess it does add a bit of an extra something to the experience

but after like ten years or more of playing with vibration off it's hard getting used to

fertygo

Yeah its pretty cool game, but there's other deal that I waiting for in autumn/winter sale :D

I can wait for 75% off

Dr Dogg

PEGI never stated a release date for Gears of War on PC
That date is when the listing went up on PEGI; thus the listing/rating for Gears of War PC was put up on 10/11/2015.

Hahaha you've got a really hard on for correcting people despite being wrong quite a few times. So 'PEGI never stated a release date' despite them showing this...
Frankly that's flat out nonsense because unless my advancing years are effecting me that says release date (alright releasedate). Now you can interpret that how ever you want, you can say in your mind 'guys they don't mean that date' or 'no that's the date of the is listing' but joe bloggs doesn't, they can read a site that is meant to be supplying them with information and it clearly states a release date. And because it's misinformation and because they have done this sort of thing before, because when the UK swapped over to PEGI from the BBFC they rerated a load of titles to both higher or lower rating that never got rereleased so in effect all was yet more misinformation, in my eyes makes them a bunch of clowns. My point still stands and I'll ask you next time you dive in a conversation trying to put things straight to look at what the participants are specifically talking about, the information that's presented and think about it's interpretation not just for you but the wider public as a whole.

Tizoc

Hahaha you've got a really hard on for correcting people despite being wrong quite a few times. So 'PEGI never stated a release date' despite them showing this...

Frankly that's flat out nonsense because unless my advancing years are effecting me that says release date (alright releasedate). Now you can interpret that how ever you want, you can say in your mind 'guys they don't mean that date' or 'no that's the date of the is listing' but joe bloggs doesn't, they can read a site that is meant to be supplying them with information and it clearly states a release date. And because it's misinformation and because they have done this sort of thing before, because when the UK swapped over to PEGI from the BBFC they rerated a load of titles to both higher or lower rating that never got rereleased so in effect all was yet more misinformation, in my eyes makes them a bunch of clowns. My point still stands and I'll ask you next time you dive in a conversation trying to put things straight to look at what the participants are specifically talking about, the information that's presented and think about it's interpretation not just for you but the wider public as a whole.

If anything they released the PEGI rating of the game, I do agree though that they should reword it so it is more 'Listed on' so and so date, rather than 'released on'.

Mind you this is the 3rd time I've seen discussion of PEGI 'release dates' on Steam ;)

But in the end though that is all it is; poor wording on PEGI's part, unless there's some kind of law or something that requires them to use the term 'Released on'.

Mind you ESRB also puts up ratings of games years if not months before their release, and PEGI does the same as well. ESRB at least doesn't add odd misinformation like PEGI does though ('Released on').

FLD

That area is completely optional, should you not want to kick every bosses ass.

That magic Smelter (and the path to him) was a complete nightmare.

Wait, what?! I recently gave up on playing through the DLC because of Iron Passage. My character is on NG++, so it's too much of a pain in the ass when all I want is just to get through the new content. If Iron Passage is optional then where the hell else am I supposed to go?

Dr Dogg

If anything they released the PEGI rating of the game, I do agree though that they should reword it so it is more 'Listed on' so and so date, rather than 'released on'.

Mind you this is the 3rd time I've seen discussion of PEGI 'release dates' on Steam ;)

But in the end though that is all it is; poor wording on PEGI's part, unless there's some kind of law or something that requires them to use the term 'Released on'.

Mind you ESRB also puts up ratings of games years if not months before their release, and PEGI does the same as well. ESRB at least doesn't add odd misinformation like PEGI does though ('Released on').

What they should do is convey the correct information before posting a listing. The vast majority of the time release date means the release date where the game is available but bear in mind PEGI cover countless countries with with mainland Europe mainly Thursdays and the UK Fridays so there's always something not quite right. But on their first page of recent search results you can see a combination of accuracy and stupidity.

http://www.pegi.info/en/index/globa...mit=Search&global_id=505&id=509#searchresults

So we have Tony Hawk 5 listed as releasing on 13th October despite being out for over a month and Rise of the Tomb Raider 9th on Xbone and 10th for 360. Even with regional variations that's still wrong on both counts. These are full retail console titles which they must have rated months in advance so discs, packaging and artwork can be correct by the publisher. Now you could say it's meant to convey the listing date but when you start searching further or have looked at the site before you'll see they tend to update titles with a more correct release date as in availability and sometimes with a date in advance. Whether it's a case of only doing this if the publisher has supplied them a concrete date or if they don't have anything they just populate that field with the listing dating it's still a mess and seeing it's their site the onus is on them to make sure they convey this information in a cohesive manner that's understandable by all.

I think that's enough early morning pedantry for me today :p

KarmaCow

Wait, what?! I recently gave up on playing through the DLC because of Iron Passage. My character is on NG++, so it's too much of a pain in the ass when all I want is just to get through the new content. If Iron Passage is optional then where the hell else am I supposed to go?

If I remember correctly, you need to go the absolute bottom of the area (not the Iron Passage, I mean the tower section) to fight the final boss of the area.

Tizoc

What they should do is convey the correct information before posting a listing. The vast majority of the time release date means the release date where the game is available but bear in mind PEGI cover countless countries with with mainland Europe mainly Thursdays and the UK Fridays so there's always something not quite right. But on their first page of recent search results you can see a combination of accuracy and stupidity.

http://www.pegi.info/en/index/globa...mit=Search&global_id=505&id=509#searchresults

So we have Tony Hawk 5 listed as releasing on 13th October despite being out for over a month and Rise of the Tomb Raider 9th on Xbone and 10th for 360. Even with regional variations that's still wrong on both counts. These are full retail console titles which they must have rated months in advance so discs, packaging and artwork can be correct by the publisher. Now you could say it's meant to convey the listing date but when you start searching further or have looked at the site before you'll see they tend to update titles with a more correct release date as in availability and sometimes with a date in advance. Whether it's a case of only doing this if the publisher has supplied them a concrete date or if they don't have anything they just populate that field with the listing dating it's still a mess and seeing it's their site the onus is on them to make sure they convey this information in a cohesive manner that's understandable by all.

I think that's enough early morning pedantry for me today :p

Err no offense but uh...you just wrote what I wrote, only longer ^^;
We agree that PEGI should convey information a lot better though namely in the sense of changing 'Release date' to something like 'Listed on'.

I thought they were all analog and the WiiU is digital (or is that the opposite, I'm confused now)? I mean if you play racers on PS and XB how do the triggers act when used for accelerating? Anyway, SC has both, like the Gamecube controller had. Soft pull, full pull.

Dr Dogg

Err no offense but uh...you just wrote what I wrote, only longer ^^;
We agree that PEGI should convey information a lot better though namely in the sense of changing 'Release date' to something like 'Listed on'.

No what you wrote is speculation and you state they should reword things and that's not the goal of their site. You clear haven't read or understood what I wrote which is how you jumped into this conversation in the first place. Their goal for their website is to inform people. One the rating of a game and two when that game is released. If they change that to when it's listed, which is not always the case of that date as if can also be an advanced date of the actual release date, then they aren't fulfilling the purpose they set out to do. Just ask yourself this what use is listing the date they put their rating up for the average consumer? It's close to pointless isn't it.

Tizoc

No what you wrote is speculation and you state they should reword things and that's not the goal of their site. You clear haven't read or understood what I wrote which is how you jumped into this conversation in the first place. Their goal for their website is to inform people. One the rating of a game and two when that game is released. If they change that to when it's listed, which is not always the case of that date as if can also be an advanced date of the actual release date, then they aren't fulfilling the purpose they set out to do. Just ask yourself this what use is listing the date they put their rating up for the average consumer? It's close to pointless isn't it.

I did read what you wrote
I did understand what you wrote

Which begs me a question why are you hung up on their need to provide a date for their rating of game?

PEGI have a contact section
http://www.pegi.info/en/index/id/511
You can use that to send them a letter asking why they must list a date for the rating. You can also use it to ask them why they use the term 'Release date' as the term for the date when a rating goes up to the public

It doesn't matter that they add a date, why are you so obsessed over them having a date? It's a tiny trivial thing, but if it irritates you so much you can use the above link I posted, because I plan on doing the same come Monday.

Now I'm gonna end this here, because anything else I say will be a repeat of what I already posted.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Just simulating feral Boston citizens, quite realistic. Just like Watch_Dogs where doing it's best to be true to Chicago, one could simply fall through the ground into a bottomless pit of nothingness.

Dr Dogg

I did read what you wrote
I did understand what you wrote

Which begs me a question why are you hung up on their need to provide a date for their rating of game?

PEGI have a contact section
http://www.pegi.info/en/index/id/511
You can use that to send them a letter asking why they must list a date for the rating. You can also use it to ask them why they use the term 'Release date' as the term for the date when a rating goes up to the public

It doesn't matter that they add a date, why are you so obsessed over them having a date? It's a tiny trivial thing, but if it irritates you so much you can use the above link I posted, because I plan on doing the same come Monday.

Now I'm gonna end this here, because anything else I say will be a repeat of what I already posted.

Urrgghhh no you have not. What on earth is this 'why are you hung up on their need to provide a date for their rating of game' where do I say that? I and I'm pretty sure others couldn't care less about that. What I would like is them to list a release date for the title when it is available to buy, which is what I have said, have always said, demonstrated several flipping times, and stated that they have this mixed in with other information but has still escaped your attention each and every time you have responded.

For the sake of the thread lets just drop this now, move on and next time please, please, please if you can't understand the context and/or point of my posts don't bother responding or jumping in. Calling me obsessed when I made one off the cuff jokey comment to Nzyme last night them you proceed to jump in and misconstrue things creating this whole situation has just done my fucking nut in no end.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just got home from seeing Samurai Cop 2 but I knew you guys were there with me in spirit.
6NuVP8Ol.jpg

I'm still waiting on a release date. There's a second festival screening tomorrow, but as I had expected, I'm working tonight and won't be able to make it (there's no point in seeing the film if I'm going to be half asleep).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom