• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lingitiz

Invisible Inc. is rad. Nice palette cleanser in between Fallout sessions and it works pretty well with the Steam Controller. I do wish they kept the original Incognita name though.

Knurek

I wish MS just straight up re-implemented Jump List from W7.

It boggles my mind how someone could okay the seriously crappy way they work under 10. It boggles my mind even more how this hasn't been fixed yet, despite there being like a gazillion of builds since the first release.

I wish they'd just re-enable regedit way to increase the number of entries. I could even live with no ability to change ordering, but having just 10 entries hurts. :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Invisible Inc. is rad. Nice palette cleanser in between Fallout sessions and it works pretty well with the Steam Controller. I do wish they kept the original Incognita name though.

Yeah, Incognita is a much better name.

CTwaLtlWIAAUSqr.png:large

IT'S NOT EVEN MAX SETTINGS
36 FPS
FUCKING HELL
What do you use to get that framerate data?

Hektor

People kept saying that, what even is in the epilogue?

You want the story spoiled?
The entire story of the main campaign is just you, artanis, searching for allies and weapons to fight amon, what you acieve at the end. In between you find out what the Xel-Naga actually are. Nothing special, but it's servicable.

Then you get the 3 mission long epilogue campaign
Kerrigan suddenly calls you and raynor, tells you that amon still lives within the void and that you need to go on a suicide mission to kill him, and everyone so "yeah!".

Then you go to the void and find tassadar who is in reality a Xel-Naga, he transforms Kerrigan into a Xel-naga and you kill amon again. Then 2 year later timejump, Kerrigan is Human again and in a relationship with raynor, the human imperium prospers, the protoss all live friendly on their formerly destroyed planets that got restored by a magical power, zerg live friend on some planets of their own minding their own business and eeryone lived happily ever after.

No one understands Latin names though. "Invisible Inc." tells idiots people without latin skills what they need to know, just by reading the title.

Thread: "Worst game titles"
Answers: "All the not-english ones"

Always makes me sad.

Hektor

I cant play F4 with M+K while a gamepad plugged in? M+K dont work in the main menu, but the 360Pad does. Are you kidding me?

€: at least you can opt out of gamepad control.

You want the story spoiled?
The entire story of the main campaign is just you, artanis, searching for allies and weapons to fight amon, what you acieve at the end. In between you find out what the Xel-Naga actually are. Nothing special, but it's servicable.

Then you get the 3 mission long epilogue campaign
Kerrigan suddenly calls you and raynor, tells you that amon still lives within the void and that you need to go on a suicide mission to kill him, and everyone so "yeah!".

Then you go to the void and find tassadar who is in reality a Xel-Naga, he transforms Kerrigan into a Xel-naga and you kill amon again. Then 2 year later timejump, Kerrigan is Human again and in a relationship with raynor, the human imperium prospers, the protoss all live friendly on their formerly destroyed planets that got restored by a magical power, zerg live friend on some planets of their own minding their own business and eeryone lived happily ever after.

Thread: "Worst game titles"
Answers: "All the not-english ones"

Always makes me sad.
A cliché happy ever after ending, too happy.

Ozium

Well I can wait, I like the whole 'strike multiple enemies' with out one attack thing, then again I been playing a lot of Musou the past few weeks XD.

When DQ Heroes coming out on Steam? Might need to play some HW to get muh musou itch.

Kiru

Do we know if there is one code or separate for each game? :D

One code for all games, as stated in the second sentence in the article

Damn i never noticed text above image XD Oh well then we can't expect cheap JC3 codes.

I think it will be some code you redeem on an intel site and then get 3 codes for each reward. I mean I got a separate key for grid autosport from a fellow gaffer when they gave that away with other games in an intel game.

MUnited83

For you.
One code for all games, as stated in the second sentence in the article
Well, not really. Its one code to redeem them on their site , which doesn't mean that the actual game codes will be bundled together. They will likely be individual codes once you redeem the master key.

Tizoc

It's good and different and a bit sad. Recommend it.
Souls series are the few where I want to see and destroy everything :/

I know but I read it a long time ag, might be time for a re-read :p

Adventures of Pip is 25% off til Nov. 16th
http://store.steampowered.com/app/303550/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_5
One of my GotY contenders, if you like Shovel Knight chances are you'll like this game too. It's a really good 2D platformer, with Soundtrack from Jake Kauffman.
If you value gameplay above all, def. give this game a chance.

When DQ Heroes coming out on Steam? Might need to play some HW to get muh musou itch.

Likely in 2016, or so we speculate.
What's HW though :p

Parsnip

Lol at the PEGI release date discussion.

I cannot wait to see new tressfx on the PC. Digital foundry was saying the version on the Xbox One fixed some of the sillier issues present in the first game.
Does it still look too shiny and not affected by the environment like the rest of Lara is?

Pachimari

Make sure you clean the game, whatever you do. http://www.creationkit.com/Category:TES5Edit
Change the file name to FNVEdit.exe and just follow the instructions.

For your first time, definitely use the YUP bug fix mod. Maybe use Nevada Skies, but take care to configure it in-game because it can be really annoying with radstorms etc otherwise.

If there's a fan patch to fix the frequent crashes, add that. Otherwise, go with the two sweetest words in the English language.

i think the game is pretty good without mods but you should install some mods anyways, specially since it's a really long game that you might not feel like starting over after beating it.

my mod list is a bit outdated but you should find some good stuff here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153420617&postcount=1624

it's all lore friendly stuff that enhances the main game, it doesn't just change it entirely or make it different or anything like that, so no perks every level or loli characters. there's stuff that's missing that was released after i made the list or that i forgot about but it's a start.

also you don't necessarily have to use mods right away, you can play a bit without them and go adding mods as you progress in the game

that's what i did on my first playthrough

new vegas runs fine on my end in terms of performance

game freezes often tho, I just installed a few things like anticrash and 4gig thing to see if it helps, so far so good!

New Vegas Anti Crash is pretty good. I also recommend Yukichigai Unofficial Patch. And New Vegas Stutter Remover if you have problems with that. I'm pretty far into it and I think I didn't have a single crash.

If those things don't help, try the advice here: http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Fallout_NV_Troubleshooting_guide

Specifically the section regarding the iNumHWThreads.

I'm gonna try all of this today. And I'm gonna start with the TES5Edit.

Thank you. Now I just need to work out how to get all that data to show. Mine only comes up with the frame rate.

Open MSI Afterburner and click on Settings (the gear icon)
Click on the Monitoring tab
Click on what you want to show on the OSD (On-Screen Display) from that list
On each one you want to see click the box that says "Show in On-Screen Display"
You'll see "In OSD" beside each option you choose to see on the display
Close the Settings box and open up your game and you should see the values you chose to display

I thought they were all analog and the WiiU is digital (or is that the opposite, I'm confused now)? I mean if you play racers on PS and XB how do the triggers act when used for accelerating? Anyway, SC has both, like the Gamecube controller had. Soft pull, full pull.

Seems L2/R2 are still analog on DS4... the face buttons and L1/R1 are no longer analog as of the DS4. Which makes me wonder if it's just the triggers on the Steam Controller that are analog or if some of the other buttons are analog as well.

Wait, what?! I recently gave up on playing through the DLC because of Iron Passage. My character is on NG++, so it's too much of a pain in the ass when all I want is just to get through the new content. If Iron Passage is optional then where the hell else am I supposed to go?

Let's see... you should find some rooms you can drop down holes in... then hit the bottom and open a giant door with a lever. From there, there should be a path across a bridge which leads to an elevator (and a chest with the sorcery clutch ring) -- take that down and you'll be in the kiln/furnace, I believe, and the fog gate should be right there.

There's a bonfire to the right.

If you're still lost, when I get home later, I will load up my character and see if it's not in NG+ yet. If so, I"ll warp over and make a short webm from iron passage bonfire down to the kiln.

It's good and different and a bit sad. Recommend it.
Souls series are the few where I want to see and destroy everything :/

Should've moved to SotFS before bothering with the DLC, mate.
Started a new character and all that jazz. You love being summoned/summoning and it's much better in that game with bigger groups as well as more enemies to kill (so you're likely to get summoned at the bonfire rather than the fog gate).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom