• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

Somewhat serious question, should I get the Delorean DLC for Rocket League or become John Romero's bitch (Daikatana) with the $2.75 worth of GMG credit that's going to expire in a week?

I played Daikatana way back when and did not like it but I am morbidly curious to see it again.

edit: nevermind holy shit I somehow have Daikatana already, what the fuck

Anything but Daikatana.
And it's probably from some old humble bundle.

KarmaCow

Anything but Daikatana.
And it's probably from some old humble bundle.

Yea it looks it was part of the first SE Humble Bundle. Guess I forgot about it because I immediately put it into the Garbage tag.

I am still looking for something to spend that GMG credit on though. The Delorean dlc is a fall back.

dex3108

I was only at on concert. While atmosphere can be great there are too many things that can ruin experience. Sound can be bad, acoustic can be bad, often you will hear person that stands by you how sings instead of singer etc.

Momentary

Banned
Okay.. after months of not playing Arkham Knight after it's initial release I've got to say they've done a pretty good job of getting this game back into working order. Is it really giving people issues still? Maybe there are some bugs I haven't ran into yet, but performance so far is pretty good. Are people trying to run the game at higher settings and just saying it's not optimized or are there legit concerns? I tried reading the reviews, but after going through the first 10 negative posts I came across, but all they say is that they can't run the game at lower fidelity, which leads me to believe they have potatoes or something.

I know there are people out there like this who don't understand the concept of needing the right hardware to properly run a game. My classmate returned Black Ops 3 because his i5 processor without a discrete GPU couldn't run it. I harp about performance all the time, even on games I love. Maybe there are problems and I have enough fairy dust on my computer to properly run it.

dex3108

Okay.. after months of not playing Arkham Knight after it's initial release I've got to say they've done a pretty good job of getting this game back into working order. Is it really giving people issues still? Maybe there are some bugs I haven't ran into yet, but performance so far is pretty good. Are people trying to run the game at higher settings and just saying it's not optimized or are there legit concerns? I tried reading the reviews, but after going through the first 10 negative posts I came across, but all they say is that they can't run the game at lower fidelity, which leads me to believe they have potatoes or something.

I know there are people out there like this who don't understand the concept of needing the right hardware to properly run a game. My classmate returned Black Ops 3 because his i5 processor without a discrete GPU couldn't run it. I harp about performance all the time, even on games I love. Maybe there are problems and I have enough fairy dust on my computer to properly run it.

Game still has issues with anything below GTX 970 even on low settings. It also has huge VRAM and RAM usage that can cause issues and they won't fix it because it is how engine works.

Arkham Origins looked really good and worked really good even with Nvidia settings on. Arkham Knight is just bad port.

Monooboe

I'm not really a music guy but I've been to maybe 50 or 60 concerts, way more if you count individual bands playing at day-long festivals. Are you guys who haven't been to many concerts young or rural? I didn't live in a big area and I didn't grow up having a particularly lot of money, but I still managed to go to a ton!

Same here, I've been to a lot concerts and I don't even really care for live music.

Favorite concert has to be when I saw Ghost, when going to see it I had no idea how they were and when they came up to stage I really got the chills and legit creeps.XD

Weird thing in Fallout 4, steam says I have around 30 hours played while the clock in game says I've played 20 hours, does that mean 10 hours has gone to reloads and just game loading? Seem quite alot.

Tizoc

I dunno if I'd call UC the best TPS shooter, maybe a good TPS shooter at best, but not the pinnacle.

EDIT: Wait isn't Vanquish a TPS?

Copons

So yeah while Salsa goes mainstream
yet, cheers for the Blur show two years ago, one of my favorite ever, but also because Blur is my favorite band ever
, yesterday night I went to see Lightning Bolt.
They performed some delicate, gentle tunes such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JpHoAnaPK0

But most importantly their bass player is Brian Gibson, who's currently involved in the development of Thumper, a game better described by the immortal words "THUMPER E’ UN RACING TURBOBLASTO SKRANNOHD" from my (Italian) site, proudly and randomly featured in their presskit before anyone else. :3

The guy is super sweet and y'all better buy the game as soon as it lands on Steam.

mccZrLw.gif

nixxes > crystal dynamic for their own game lmao

Milamber

So I found out that my shit frame rate in FO4 was greatly appeased by turning off Steam broadcasting.

And later, God Rays, who needs them.

AHA-Lambda

I would say I didn't bother going to gigs when I was alot younger and only really did in the past few years tbh, not sure why I guess, probably to do with my overcoming my social awkwardness in the past few years.

Not even going to bother listing all I've seen, it's a chunky list by now, but I've got a few good ones upcoming:

Ed Byrne (never seen stand up before)
a-ha
ELO
Muse
Josh Groban

is it bad tho

forreal I want legit impressions

go

Tbh, I'm finding it nowhere near as interesting or as engaging as FO3 or NV. Characters, story, world are just not grabbing my attention like before, can't put a finger on why - FWIW I've stuck to doing mostly the main quest line for now.
minor spoiler
twist later on is dumb but at same time effective from a pov of making me really conflicted in my choice of faction allegiance

I also don't like some of the changes they've made like the dialogue wheel, the removal of skills and how the level up system is now just one big chart to pick from, but I do like the new revamped gunplay that doesn't rely on VATS as much.

Also it may have just been me but some of the quests early on were kicking my ass and I was eating through stimpacks, so I did turn down the difficulty.

Had no technical problems outside of the invisible gun thing once and seeing a Diamond City resident floating through the air at mach speed from across the room to his apparent spot.

zkylon

zkylewd
well gave fallout 4 like 5 more hours

i'm kind of enjoying my time with it, the beth thing of you see something off in the distance and walk to it and kill what was living there and steal all their shit is pretty entertaining in a kind of mindless drone sort of way of just exploring for the sake of shit being there.

in general i think it's just kind of a fun timewaster i guess? it's far less insulting than fo3 so far since i've barely even gotten to talk to anyone and even if all the characters so far are idiots they're at least quiet idiots? the combat is also not so bad i guess but it's still not something i'd actually call fun. i wouldn't ever play a fps with these mechanics and these controls and these guns. and it's not very much fun to have to spend like the first 10 levels just leveling up the perks required to interact with some of the basic systems of the game. not that the other perks actually sound any interesting or anything. the base building was sort of intriguing at first but it already feels like more work than it's worth.

there's a lot of downsides because nothing about this game is really good, it's a mess of a broken engine and terrible ui design and throwaway systems set to by-the-numbers fps mechanics and a ridiculously downplayed story that kind of happens so far in the background that it might as well not even be there. i don't even remember what my kid's name's supposed to be nor who took him, and it's not like i've been trapped in a web of side quests and faction wars or anything.

i don't think this is a good game, but i still want to play it some more because the trademark beth exploring stuff is addicting by design and it just works. i'm not even mad about this game, it's such a warped interpretation of what fallout is that i can't help but laugh.

i wanna get to diamond city at least and see how the quest design shapes up later on. the early stuff doesn't inspire much confidence but there were some good quests in fo3 so who knows.

cool to know that there's a new game of his coming sometime soon

i was just thinking about him the other day

Tbh, I'm finding it nowhere near as interesting or as engaging as FO3 or NV. Characters, story, world are just not grabbing my attention like before, can't put a finger on why - FWIW I've stuck to doing mostly the main quest line for now.

I also don't like some of the changes they've made like the dialogue wheel, the removal of skills and how the level up system is now just one big chart to pick from, but I do like the new revamped gunplay that doesn't rely on VATS as much.

Also it may have just been me but some of the quests early on were kicking my ass and I was eating through stimpacks, so I did turn down the difficulty.
i think it's a big downgrade compared to fo3 and new vegas in how the world's completely devoid of any atmosphere or personality and in how the dialogue wheel is probably the worst implementation of it i've ever played (there's probably a few that are worse but at least in my personal experience it's the worst). the skills-perk system was also ruined and i think leveling up in this game feels like shit

as for difficulty, i've been playing on survivor and it's been pretty dumb but not impossible. only had to cheese that deathclaw you face in that first quest. for the one part that was giving me trouble i just grabbed the power armor + minigun and then it was over.

Deques

I know this is wrong place to ask for trading stuff.

Anyone here who can help me buy Fairy Fencer F pack from Bundlestars? I can buy something from GMG for the equal value for you

Family sharing question:
Can two people play your games at once? How is it handled?
Only one can play at a time

Vazduh

I also have one question related to family:
brother has new vegas goty on his account, i have new vegas vanilla. Can I download from brothers account goty and then play on my account with dlc?

Deques

I also have one question related to family:
brother has new vegas goty on his account, i have new vegas vanilla. Can I download from brothers account goty and then play on my account with dlc?
The problem is that you own the base meaning that won't be able to play the dlc content

27.6fps on high with a 970/i5 4670k

I have the same config and the lowest I've gone is ~45fps right outside that factory in Lexington. It usually stays stuck at 60 otherwise. I have almost everything maxed out other than god rays and shadow distance. This engine being the way it is, I'm pretty sure you can have almost identical configurations and still get stupid performance dips randomly.

There is overwhelming evidence that performance is not up to the mark. This is not a case of a chosen few understanding hardware limits and the rest of the world being morons who try to run everything maxed out on toasters.

A sad truth.. and we always have thousands of posts in the pc performance threads.

886807.png

I think I'm done tinkering with the performance of Fallout 4. I just want to enjoy the game from now on without having to turn on the layout.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
A sad truth.. and we always have thousands of posts in the pc performance threads.

886807.png

I think I'm done tinkering with the performance of Fallout 4. I just want to enjoy the game from now on without having to turn on the layout.

I think I may be one of the most tame PC gamers out there. I play a lot of newer, older, and every era games, so while things like 60fps are nice, I hardly think 30 fps or anything like that is unplayable, and having a medium rig that's starting to show is age, slight frame drops from 60 don't bother me too much.

I prefer it this way since I usually get more enjoyment out of the games in question than the technicalities, though also can appreciate some technicalities, and I do play most games I own for older consoles via emulation, both for niceness of looking better and being on one platform. Going through PSX and PS2 horror games has been super simple since you can just put the disk in and it'll run via emulation.

But I definitely have observed some people super into their technicalities and niceness of playing that honestly small detractors can effect them. XD;

I think I may be one of the most tame PC gamers out there. I play a lot of newer, older, and every era games, so while things like 60fps are nice, I hardly think 30 fps or anything like that is unplayable, and having a medium rig that's starting to show is age, slight frame drops from 60 don't bother me too much.

I prefer it this way since I usually get more enjoyment out of the games in question than the technicalities, though also can appreciate some technicalities, and I do play most games I own for older consoles via emulation, both for niceness of looking better and being on one platform. Going through PSX and PS2 horror games has been super simple since you can just put the disk in and it'll run via emulation.

But I definitely have observed some people super into their technicalities and niceness of playing that honestly small detractors can effect them. XD;

I locked Witcher 3 and GTA V to 30 fps so I can play them on high/ultra and people called my crazy.
I know my PC is pretty old for today's standard so I can't expect 60fps on newer games, but I'm glad I don't have that kind of 'addiction'.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
the true trick to going to shitloads of concerts while in school/university are voluntary labor at festivals, student organizations and etc. I have no idea how many concerts I've been to this way

Ludens

Banned
I really wish software houses which want to continue on sell their games on Steam would patch them, you know, to run on modern OS.
I spent one hour trying to run Fallout 3, it simply won't run. I tried several fixes and workaround posted on Steam community hub, none of them work. If I click play, nothing happens. With fixes, I receive an error, still the game won't even boot.
Bethesda and Rockstar Games really should fix their games, it's insane I can play Fallout 2 with no problems but in any way I can do the same with its sequel.

So.....what am I supposed to be seeing here?
Input lag.

Jawmuncher

I still play stuff on consoles so I can have a point of comparison for where i should run my PC ports.
------
Also I had a dream that GAF banned GIFs due to bandwidth or something. The notice from evilore even said SteamGAF was a primary reason leading to the ban. Thankfully I was able to talk to Hank hill about the injustice and that we should try to appease stump to convince evilore otherwise.

Corpekata

Banned
After about 15 hours of F4 I am at the point where a lot of quests feel similar and they feel more like tasks...

Yeah so far the quest design is awful. They feel like more verbose versions the Skyrim radiant quest things, just excuses to get you into Dungeon X.

I mean, there are ALSO radiant quests too, but I'd like the NPCs that I talk to at least to tell me more than "Go kill the things in here / Go get my thing from here"

Only quest I've really liked outside of main ones was the Diamond City one involving the wife that drinks all day at the bar, it was a lot more involved than I expected. Brotherhood of Steel intro wasn't bad either.

rtcn63

Wonderful morning. I go to the kitchen for less than a minute, and last night's fight was spoiled by MSNBC or whatever that my brother happened to be watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom