• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honey badgers are some bullshit in Wasteland 2. One of the sidequests has you go save some miners, and there's these critters littering the way to get them out.

These SOB's are harder than everything else in the game up to this point, and at the end of the stupid mine, there's six of them with 150 HP each that can kill your people in two hits.

I've survived up to this point thanks to Manglers and RPG's, those unfortunately are out. Fuck these honey badgers.

I've been playing Wasteland 2 myself. Got myself a few achievements, but they don't register until after you quit. Got hit with a brownout, my computer restarted, now I gotta redo some achievements. Fuck that peace on the rails one.

Edit: And I got 'em back after loading some old saves and redoing them. Whew!

Eila

But they dont though. Cant even get past the main menu.
Only the dpad and left analog resond, cant do anything with them though.

Weird. Both my 360 stick and xbox 360 wireless controllers work natively with all the Falcom games on steam. I don't have TitS installed to see exactly the settings but on TitS Second Chapter there's an Input tab in the configuration. You choose the controls there.
Hope you can fix it, you definitely need to try it :p

Jawmuncher

Weird. Both my 360 stick and xbox 360 wireless controllers work natively with all the Falcom games on steam. I don't have TitS installed to see exactly the settings but on TitS Second Chapter there's an Input tab in the configuration. You choose the controls there.
Hope you can fix it, you definitely need to try it :p

Its working now, dunno what the issue was.

oipic

Fallout 4 perk system is stressful. Level 24 and I have 6 perk points just lying in wait because I don't know what I want to put them into.

I find this element of almost all games to be stressful, but I'm unassertive and indecisive at the best of times in real life, too.

RPGs with many levelling up choices to be made riddle me with anxiety (first world gamer problems), so I have to be in the mood for them. Analysis paralysis often leads me to leaning on guides and wikis for direction with my choices, which I often end up regretting (not the choice, just that I didn't make it).

Banked almost all my Griffa tokens in Mad Max due to this, to then discover that when you cash them in, you have to use ALL of them, or you can't exit that particular screen. Went from weakling Max to maxed-Max in minutes. Good times.

zkylon

zkylewd
Fallout 4 perk system is stressful. Level 24 and I have 6 perk points just lying in wait because I don't know what I want to put them into.
i really dislike both the perks and the interface to select them

i never feel like i'm building up to a character type, specially early on it just seems like i'm crossing some requirements that should probably be always unlocked in the first place (like crafting and the settlement stuff)

Pk7NQ8l.gif

ComeOn.gif

I don't care if there's a mechanic behind it, this is bullshit!

Isn't that just shit hotboxes?

womp

Another day, another missed opportunity to put Life is Strange on sale.

My torment is eternal.

I guess I'm not playing FO4 any time soon. Nice draw distance, at least. (That has to be the framerate-killer, right?)

It's interesting because after 6 hours with Fallout 4 on my GTX 970/ i5 4460 / 16GB RAM, I have yet to dip below 60 fps with everything set to ultra with the exception of godrays at low.

Such a wacky ass game...

It's interesting because after 6 hours with Fallout 4 on my GTX 970/ i5 4460 / 16GB RAM, I have yet to dip below 60 fps with everything set to ultra with the exception of godrays at low.

Such a wacky ass game...

Yup... Weird.

I just want a Bethesda game with all the fun bugs, and none of the bad ones. Y'know, (Skyrim examples) giants launching enemies into the stratosphere, random dragon skeletons decorating villages, NPCs being dumb--the good stuff.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm not really a music guy but I've been to maybe 50 or 60 concerts, way more if you count individual bands playing at day-long festivals. Are you guys who haven't been to many concerts young or rural? I didn't live in a big area and I didn't grow up having a particularly lot of money, but I still managed to go to a ton!

I'm not really a music guy but I've been to maybe 50 or 60 concerts, way more if you count individual bands playing at day-long festivals. Are you guys who haven't been to many concerts young or rural? I didn't live in a big area and I didn't grow up having a particularly lot of money, but I still managed to go to a ton!

I have maybe been to 25 and I am 26. I love going but some of them are so damn expensive. I saw Coldplay in high school and I think it was 90$ in the upper level of an arena. Luckily most of the bands I listen to now are less known and much cheaper.

50 or 60 concerts... and not a music guy? I dunno if the math works out.

I've been to a grand total of zero concerts... I must be an anti-music guy. Video game symphonies, or classical stuff in general, would be the only things I'd consider going to. Maybe.
I'd imagine a lot of people here are the stereotypical gamers
who don't like going out
dontbully.jpg

Deitus

I've been to I think 12-15 concerts, including a few all day multiple-band concerts. They're usually a lot of fun, but I haven't been to one since college, and I can't even think of a band that I would go out of my way to see in concert nowadays.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I get the impression Bethesda would really like to solve their whole scenario design problem by technical means rather than hiring a creative writing team and integrating them into the design process from the start. I'm guessing it's far more appealing from a management/design point of view to try and solve those problems with more voice acting, new dialog interface and a neat but meaningless town building mechanic, since you can do those things laterally to the main work.

I imagine their whole process is heavily slanted towards world building and area design, then quest design and then finally writing. I'm also guessing other RPG devs basically do it the opposite way, with writing and scenario work preceding final level design. That might be giving, say, Obsidian too much credit though.

It's interesting because I definitely get the impression that they're aware it's an issue with their games but they also don't seem to get why it's an issue or how to fix it. Of course, it's understandable that a developer would be resistant to a solution that might call for totally changing their work flow and hiring outside help when they're obviously so successful...not fixing those issues.

Lol, I came across a location in Fallout 4 very early on in the game and without getting into spoilers ended up clearing out the location because the person there tried to scam me. Went back 10 hours later for a quest and suddenly the leader is alive again, presumably so he can talk to me.

It's weird because the dialogue is different so it's definitely intended to just be able to come across him without the context of the quest.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I haven't played FO4 yet so I can't speak to the town building thing there, but town building was one of two major questlines of Morrowind's Bloodmoon expansion and it was dope as hell there so, conceptually at least, I'm very pro Bethesda taking another swing at the cat.

I live near a big city and I've gone to 0 concerts ._.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Eh, funky hitboxes like that aren't really a "get good" thing. But Dark Souls 2 has a bunch of those.

---

In other news, Invisible, Inc. is pretty legit. Hopefully the Winter Sale has it at $5-10 again.

Weird Al
Mastodon/Dethklok/Converge/High On Fire
Metallica/Down/The Sword
Coheed & Cambria/Torche/Circa Survive
Coheed & Cambria/I The Mighty
Rush

A good smattering, but I wish I went to more concerts

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I haven't been to too many concerts, but mostly it's because I grew up in literally the middle of nowhere. The only concerts I saw were literally several hundred miles from my house at the closest, and I wasn't exactly picky about it being "mainstream" music. However, I went to two different day long music festivals were I saw some great acts such as Moby, Coolio, Trapt, and several others. I was a huge fan of the Violent Femmes from a very early age and somehow got the opportunity to see them three times before they split up a few years back. Although I hear they're back together now so that's kinda cool.

I haven't played FO4 yet so I can't speak to the town building thing there, but town building was one of two major questlines of Morrowind's Bloodmoon expansion and it was dope as hell there so, conceptually at least, I'm very pro Bethesda taking another swing at the cat.

The city-building stuff in FO4 is surprisingly fun but incredibly shallow. It's not "Skryim meets Minecraft" or anything, but it's whole-heartedly not terrible.

Adnor

Banned
I've never gone to a concert but my hearing is still fucked because my brother's band practiced in the same room we had our computers.

Knurek

Lovely, Windows just shat on itself.

Refreshing the install seems to have lost all settings for all installed programs.

There goes my weekend.

FML

dot

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. Today went pretty well. :)

I'd totally go to concerts more if i didn't have an anxiety problem and being poor. I regret not going to a kpop concert earlier this year when i had the chance... Ya'll know how rare those are here?! :( I am going next year for sure though.

Happy Birthday, dot! Neat comic edit :D
Trying so hard to appeal to the red head crowd, eh???? >:I

Redheads are the best doe.

Happy Birthday dot :) May the K-pop be always with you.

always ♥

Happy Birthday dot. Nice comic btw =)

I did not know iosefe liked gambling and kpop.

it's true, you should ask him yourself

happy bday dot

also who are you

wow ok

I don't want these. Get them away from me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for ramoisdead:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ramoisdead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hero Siege -- MB-B98C14866A716D39 - Taken by OmarYusaf
BANZAI PECAN: LAST HOPE FOR THE YOUNG CENTURY -- MB-9124CB1FA86EE8F5 - Taken by Loptous
Dungeonland -- MB-CCD6970CED0AB7F0 - Taken by Jalal
Arma: Cold War Assault -- MB-A2C60B44CE9CF20C - Taken by freshVeggie
Magicka -- MB-5596DA558FEAB8FC - Taken by AcademicSaucer

KarmaCow

Somewhat serious question, should I get the Delorean DLC for Rocket League or become John Romero's bitch (Daikatana) with the $2.75 worth of GMG credit that's going to expire in a week?

I played Daikatana way back when and did not like it but I am morbidly curious to see it again.

edit: nevermind holy shit I somehow have Daikatana already, what the fuck

Somewhat serious question, should I get the Delorean DLC for Rocket League or become John Romero's bitch (Daikatana) with the $2.75 worth of GMG credit that's going to expire in a week?

I played Daikatana way back when and did not like it but I am morbidly curious to see it again.

edit: nevermind holy shit I somehow have Daikatana already, what the fuck
You are a true steamgafer, congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom