• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

neat, always wanted to play jade empire

2015-11-15_00003oeqhs.jpg
is this where i fight sasuke

Kagemusha

Jade Empire was ok. The only thing I remember was the enjoyable dialog such as Henpecked Hou. Also, just stick with one attack style and level it from begining to end. If you try to level each of the 50 styles you'll be master of none.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is the part where I remember that I have The Saboteur on Origin. I'm sure I'll get around to playing it one day.

Monooboe

This is the part where I remember that I have The Saboteur on Origin. I'm sure I'll get around to playing it one day.

I always wanted to try that! Always waited for it to go on sale here in Europe, don't think it ever did, this was before I knew it was possible to shop on different Origins.

Anteater

i'm usually a pansy with horror games

but amnesia does nothing, the MC is scared all the time and it fucking pisses me off for some reason

it's the first horror game that pissed me off rather than scaring me

JaseC

The only good reason to have Origin, really.
It's an okay game honestly. Very atmospheric with its color palette and music.

Yeah, I've heard good things over the years. It's the only item I bothered "buying" back during the OS3874XVC snafu, although I have since also bought the Mirror's Edge time trial DLC.

Edit: Oh, and I also bought Crysis 2 and Syndicate keys from Amazon for... some reason. That I own Crysis 2 vanilla on Origin but not Steam is immensely annoying. :(

Edit edit: I think I own Dragon Age 2, too. I must have bumped my head something fierce.

JaseC

Oh got my first crash in Fallout 4, after 42 hours.:D

The Witcher 3 gave me more grief throughout my ~30 hours with it than the ~120 hours I spent with AssCreed Unity, which is pretty impressive in its own way... for the wrong reasons.

Anteater

witcher 3 only crash when i launch it (which is quite often..), if i get it to launch it never crashed from the 100hours I spent on it

zkylon

zkylewd

the saboteur is actually a pretty cool game

i'm guessing mechanically it must have aged super bad but i liked its story and the whole black and white - color stuff. also i've said it before, but it's so refreshing to play a game where not everyone is a freaking american

Yeap Witcher 3 has interesting NPCs too Xd

http://webm.land/media/FIzw.webm
for a while i had forgotten how good witcha3 looks

it's like such a gigantic step up from fo4

Oh got my first crash in Fallout 4, after 42 hours.:D
i haven't gotten any crashes since the patch (previously it was 100% crash after like 15 minutes)

it's mostly really poor performance, specially in big indoors areas and npcs just being broken

The Witcher 3 gave me more grief throughout my ~30 hours with it than the ~120 hours I spent with AssCreed Unity, which is pretty impressive in its own way... for the wrong reasons.
might be that you're too used to the ass grief to notice

inm8num2

Someone here completed Ronin? I'm finding it quite difficult, just killed the second boss.

I beat it a couple weeks ago. Fun game, if a little repetitive. Despite the constant in-game pop ups, it absolutely needs to be approached as a stealth game. Some levels become much easier if you take an indirect approach and eliminate isolated enemies without alerting the rest.

Most useful upgrade is probably one that allows you to hang people while you crawl on the ceiling above them.

alexandros' (RIP) almost one year old thread about Valve having a bad year and the couple hopeful responses in it is a hilarious read in retrospect.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
the saboteur is actually a pretty cool game

i'm guessing mechanically it must have aged super bad but i liked its story and the whole black and white - color stuff. also i've said it before, but it's so refreshing to play a game where not everyone is a freaking american

for a while i had forgotten how good witcha3 looks

it's like such a gigantic step up from fo4

i haven't gotten any crashes since the patch (previously it was 100% crash after like 15 minutes)

it's mostly really poor performance, specially in big indoors areas and npcs just being broken

Yeah, been a while since I played it and it looks miles ahead of fallout 4 in the visual department.

JaseC

Haha, nah. The Witcher 3 crashed on me a few times and even CDPR's handful of patches did nothing to fix my issue with Dirty Funds, whereas Unity crashed on me just the once and didn't trip over itself vis-a-vis quest scripting. Unity definitely had more minor bugs to share with me, but the aforementioned crash aside it was very stable.

alexandros' (RIP) almost one year old thread about Valve having a bad year and the couple hopeful responses in it is a hilarious read in retrospect.

Perma?

Hektor

11 hours in, i found the first interesting NPC in F4. (Piper).
Story or lenghty sidequests still have to be found.
Call 0800-420420 if you've information on where to find'em.

Monooboe

Speaking of which, still not sure if I should powerthrought Unity before Syndicate, feels wrong to skip a mainline AC.:D Thinking about trying lowering the resolution and stretching the picture in the monitor, should be playable.

11 hours in, i found the first interesting NPC in F4. (Piper).
Story or lenghty sidequests still have to be found.
Call 0800-420420 if you've information on where to find'em.

Yeah I'm starting to like Piper more and more, at first there was something about her that I quite didn't like, but realizing more and more that it's her kind of awkward and insecure personality that is quite cute.
Becomes more apparent when flirting with her.

dex3108

Speaking of which, still not sure if I should powerthrought Unity before Syndicate, feels wrong to skip a mainline AC.:D Thinking about trying lowering the resolution and stretching the picture in the monitor, should be playable.

You can do 900p + bit of SweetFX sharpening and you will get nice results. I tried and it looked OK.

adarker

Banned
Thanks for the heads up Dot!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (adarker, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Game of Thrones Steam Season Pass- #2 -- MB-BAA9FF25CCB30C58 - Taken by GaussTek
Game of Thrones Steam Season Pass- -- MB-A5088D760D7D7172 - Taken by Monooboe

Monooboe

But, but Paris?:D Sad to hear though that they seem to have skipped so much of the present day. What happened in Black Flag, I remember hacking some stuff for the peeps from earlier AC games, but can't remember where they left it there.

You can do 900p + bit of SweetFX sharpening and you will get nice results. I tried and it looked OK.

Ah sounds good, I'm hoping TXAA and a smooth resolution will do the trick.

JaseC

But, but Paris?:D Sad to hear though that they seem to have skipped so much of the present day. What happened in Black Flag, I remember hacking some stuff for the peeps from earlier AC games, but can't remember where they left it there.

Well, if it's Paris you want, Unity's main mission line isn't overly long, and when the engine isn't under stress, the game looks utterly amazing, particularly the interiors.

And it is done. Crown of the Old Iron King is finished with Sir Alonne. Enjoyed it much more than Crown of the Ivory King, whether it is bosses, level design or regular enemies. Fume Knight and Sir Alonne were fun to fight. Timing the dodges was the key. And it had some gorgeous sights, too!
Been so long since I amassed enough souls for leveling up but Fume Knight and Sir Alonne helped for two levels at once even. Currently SL 231. Look at that sweet "invisible" katana :eek:
Only thing left now is Crown of the Sunken King. Hope it's not a letdown like Frozen Eleum Loyce.
Awesomesacue! Always wanted to try out Jade Empire.
That and Mercenaries 2 are the ones I'm most bummed will never show up for cheap in a bundle or Steam Sale :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom