• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

i4SDu5h.jpg

Hella shiny.

After about 15 hours of F4 I am at the point where a lot of quests feel similar and they feel more like tasks...

Yeah, Fallout 4 side quests are just terible. Especially those factions quests, like minutemen, brotherhood of steel, etc. There are even repeatable quests here, which are way more abudant than in FO3/NV. However, I think the dungeons are varied and unique enough and I've never had that de ja vu feeling. The core gameplay is still fun overall, at leats for me.

Yeah, Fallout 4 side quests are just terible. Especially those factions quests, like minutemen, brotherhood of steel, etc. There are even repeatable quests here, which are way more abudant than in FO3/NV. However, I think the dungeons are varied and unique enough and I've never had that de ja vu feeling. The core gameplay is still fun overall, at leats for me.

It just feels like I am doing the same thing over and over again, so thats what I mean with "it feels like a task."

There are no puzzles, not many meaningful decisions or similar things in the dungeons. Just often lots of raiders or Supermutants waiting to be killed.

strafer

No. I played Fallout 4 for about 10 hours via the VPN unlocker trick. When it unlocks in my region, my offline playtime doesn't added to the current stats.
It also made me curious, can people just buy & finish games in offline mode and refund them later?

That really sucks. I guess my offline days in Dark Souls are over.

Please stay away from me you got damn invaders with cheats.

KainXVIII

ModBot said:
Instructions for KainXVIII:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KainXVIII, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
System Shock 2 (GOG) -- MB-4A2E236CBE332322 - Taken by creamsugar. 2 entrants total.

t1447608185z1.png

Played some Daiblo 3 with a friend, I know it's a loot focused ARPG, but man is the story delivery barebones, totally not what I was expecting from Blizzard.

dex3108

Oh boy i installed free cam and photo mode (freeze time, weather change, effects) in Witcher 3. That means i won't finish this game for a loooooong time XD

jett

D-Member
Glorious steam refund option.

Last night I bought a game that I thought looked cool (but was still early access), Distance. Thing turned out to be much more unfinished and incomplete than I expected. Meh, I flat out just didn't care for it. Thought I was out 20 bucks, but then I remembered Steam offered refunds now! Hooray.

Tizoc

Last night I bought a game that I thought looked cool (but was still early access), Distance. Thing turned out to be much more unfinished and incomplete than I expected. Meh, I flat out just didn't care for it. Thought I was out 20 bucks, but then I remembered Steam offered refunds now! Hooray.

Well it is EA, hopefully when the dev finishes it up you'll consider giving it another chance.

jett

D-Member
Well it is EA, hopefully when the dev finishes it up you'll consider giving it another chance.

Sure.

But not right now. I have another EA game, Speedrunners, that thing has been on "EA" for two years, still feels like an incomplete game.

Tizoc

I'm trying to start a New Game on Lost Planet 3, I can't because the game crashes every single time.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/226720/discussions/0/846963081228359378/

It's because when the game tries to run cutscene on fullscreen, it crashes.

I think I'll just skip this, I'm trying to download 10 GB of cutscenes again, just to see if the game decides to boot.

Have you tried playing the game on borderless windowed?
EDIT: LP3's video files are .BIK type, maybe look that up?

MFW no Vanquish on PC

e7j4Hzy.gif

It's all a matter of time, just wait.
Just wait...

Jawmuncher

Played some Daiblo 3 with a friend, I know it's a loot focused ARPG, but man is the story delivery barebones, totally not what I was expecting from Blizzard.

Yeah it's pretty bad, one of the reasons why me and a friend lost interest as it kept going on. By the end we were just running through.

Lain

Given the dislike the story got since release (though I didn't have a problem with it), I'm surprised you expected something from it (both delivery as well as quality), Blizzard or not.
This is why adventure mode is such a loved feature in the game, because it allows people to play the game skipping the whole story, which is great for seasonal play (gotta complete the game once to unlock adventure mode in non seasonal play though).

ExoSoul

Banned

What made you think that the game was unfinished and incomplte? While it does have a campaign mode that the devs are working on the meat of the game are the various track challenges and all the usr created levels, all of which are there.

Also it was on sale for 6$

Sure.

But not right now. I have another EA game, Speedrunners, that thing has been on "EA" for two years, still feels like an incomplete game.

... How the fuck is speedrunners incomplete?

jett

D-Member
What made you think that the game was unfinished and incomplte? While it does have a campaign mode that the devs are working on the meat of the game are the various track challenges and all the usr created levels, all of which are there.

Also it was on sale for 6$

The "campaign" that lasts like 30 minutes I guess. I didn't really like the overall driving feel. What are the brakes for? You never need to brake. Or drift. Or lose speed at all. And in that case, what's the acceleration button for? It should be on cruise control with the way the game and its tracks are designed. Speaking of the tracks, several times I just dropped to my death because there was no indication at all that I had to jump, that I had to boost and not jump, that I had to boost AND jump, or that I had lost the ability to fly. I also didn't like how tinny the sound effects are. Couldn't hear my "car" accelerate at all. Just a bunch of several things didn't gel with me.

...How the fuck is speedrunners incomplete?

I guess the general shoddy, throwaway presentation of it gives me that vibe, or that there are like two music tracks in the game.

Do these games ever leave early access anyway? Speedrunners been there for over two years.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of KainXVIII, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KainXVIII, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
System Shock 2 (GOG) -- MB-4A2E236CBE332322 - Taken by creamsugar. 2 entrants total.

t1447608185z1.png

I guess the general shoddy, throwaway presentation of it gives me that vibe, or that there are like two music tracks in the game.

Do these games ever leave early access anyway? Speedrunners been there for over two years.

Broforce did.

Best EA game IMO. It was better in EA than many released/fully cooked titles.

Insurgency also left EA and is better than ever with each update.

Anteater

MFW no Vanquish on PC

e7j4Hzy.gif

after sega is done porting all the sonic games!

I want bayonetta more than vanquish since my 360 is dead and I only have a ps3 copy of bayo, vanquish while it's 30fps, played really well with the consistent framerate, and bayo offers more content than vanquish and an overall better balanced game.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

I want bayonetta more than vanquish since my 360 is dead and I only have a ps3 copy of bayo, vanquish while it's 30fps, played really well with the consistent framerate, and bayo offers more content than vanquish and an overall better balanced game.

Bayo is even more balanced than it's sequel which made me prefer it after it's all said and done.

Tizoc

Not gonna happen since they skipped Colors >=/

That really sucks. I guess my offline days in Dark Souls are over.

Please stay away from me you got damn invaders with cheats.

Are cheaters really that big of an issue? I have 1000 hours combined in both DS1 and DS2 and I haven't met a single cheating invader. Only my experience of course, but even if you do meet a cheater you can go back to your save, if you have a recent one. And if they only kill you it's not a big deal really.

But if you really never ever want to be invaded, I'd suggest blocking Dark Souls instead of completely going offline.

So I bought the wireless xbone controller with the headphone jack. Is there anyway to use that on PC? Like I have headphones plugged into the wireless controller but no sound.

Pachimari

So I bought the wireless xbone controller with the headphone jack. Is there anyway to use that on PC? Like I have headphones plugged into the wireless controller but no sound.

Did you update the drivers to the latest one?

And guys, I think I'm just gonna play New Vegas as it is, and if I come across random crashes or other problems, I'll look into modding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom