• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't experience a single fun or weird glitch in the 30 hours it took me to finish one of the main quest paths of Fallout 4 :/

Had someone I'd killed come back from the dead for a quest though.

The Deluxe edition isn't worth the extra five dollars right?

The only things "exclusive" to the Deluxe Edition are 2 emotes...the rest of it is just early unlocks that you get through normal gameplay...not really worth an extra $10 to me but others may disagree

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
jshackles: Jason Momoa taking up residence in my hometown for his next TV series (Discovery/Netflix drama called Frontier)
of course I live like thousands of miles away now so I'm not going to run into him

You gave him hope just to take it away.

starwarsbattlefront_21ik64.jpg

starwarsbattlefront_2dsjqa.jpg
Desu post from the PC screenshot thread, video games look crazy now

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Now that everybody has played a bit of Fallout 4, are critical hits exclusive to VATS or are they also possible during regular shooting?

Problem is you can't guarantee where these sites get their keys. There have been problems for gaffers before with revoked keys.

To me it sounds like the revoked keys are an issue with the publisher and with steam, not with the key sellers.

It is somewhat complicated but in short a purchase made in good faith, of even a product obtained illegally, still grants proper title to the good faith purchaser. This doesn't mean the seller is not liable for their conduct, it means that the person who made the purchase owns title in the product.

I might make a thread or post about this in detail with proper legal authority. But I don't accept that a company like ubisoft can invalidate keys at a whim without accountability. And I don't think people should just accept it because it has happened in the past (and more importantly - because publishers say it is legal).

Caerith

gah, fuck it. no disgaea for you, you will regret your deeds when it launches YOU WATCH!!

Yea thats true, it doesn't bother me too much, I just think its a really ugly design. But i know how some people on gaf are about shit like that so i was just giving a heads up.

I think her design is meant to evoke like a "sexy sorceress overlord" look, not just in how she dresses but in how she acts and expects others to act toward her. The joke being that she doesn't have the endowments to make it work. Of course, between 2003 and now we have had a lot of characters who dress like that solely for sex appeal, so yeah it's fair to warn people.

MUnited83

For you.
To me it sounds like the revoked keys are an issue with the publisher and with steam, not with the key sellers.

It is somewhat complicated but in short a purchase made in good faith, of even a product obtained illegally, still grants proper title to the good faith purchaser. This doesn't mean the seller is not liable for their conduct, it means that the person who made the purchase owns title in the product.

I might make a thread or post about this in detail with proper legal authority. But I don't accept that a company like ubisoft can invalidate keys at a whim without accountability. And I don't think people should just accept it because it has happened in the past (and more importantly - because publishers say it is legal).
Uh, yes they should?

You don't get to keep stolen property in any case ever. If a key was obtained with a stolen credit card, it should be deactivated. How is this even up for debate? Thats fucking ridiculous.

Hinomura

Anyway, where is Tenchu?

It was one of my preferred PSX games...

Mind the graphics!
E5TnEJl.png

Jokes a part, I do remember when the shop owner sold it to me saying: "it's like Metal Gear, but with ninjas!". I immediately bought the Jap Ntsc version (my japanese is laughable now, and it was just missing before), and enjoyed it so much I had to buy every iteration. Pratically I bought a Xbox 360 for one of its unuseful sequels (and for Dead Rising too, at least), and it was a bit shallow (again), compared to the freshness of the original.

First Tenchu had an amazing atmoshpere, yet the PSX limits were used smartly, à la Silent Hill - it's dark, you can't see very far (SH had the fog to limit the view). Add an amazing soundtrack, and an amazing sense of wonder while exploring the stages - from outdoors, caves, forests, to villages and castles, studying enemies behaviour, setting up traps, moving from roof to roof with the grapple hook, killing enemies without being noticed, and hey that's a huge boss what the?...

Sadly the series pratically was an add on to the first game, and with not always bright results - and probably I'm being generous (I missed just the DS game but I doubt it's a masterpiece).

I wonder if Acquire could deliever a Tenchu expecrience nowadays trying to homage the original but refreshing it without dumbing it down. Obviously on Steam, since even NIS has jumped in! :D

zkylon

zkylewd
i was a huge fan of tenchu 2, i loved that game, specially that awesome level editor

but i bet it's janky as fuck to play again today lol

and yeah atmosphere was great in both games

Unai

Until you hit the Vegas strip, the quests are like that. Things get more interesting at the point in terms of dialog and quest options.

Was that in the city with a roller coaster? I remember that one of the options of that quest is to not help him at all and instead hack on his computer to get the information you need without helping first.

Uh, yes they should?

You don't get to keep stolen property in any case ever. If a key was obtained with a stolen credit card, it should be deactivated. How is this even up for debate? Thats fucking ridiculous.

So average joe consumer should be screwed out of his purchase?

I don't buy that should always be the case and if you look to applicable laws regarding transfer of title of goods (physical or otherwise) then that is not always the case. The person who committed the wrong doing is at fault. Not the person who truly believes they were buying a bonafide legitimate product. I don't think we shift blame and responsibility onto innocent people. That is wrong.

If you want to take a look at my source of authority here: https://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/2/2-403

I might go ahead and write a detailed look at this specific issue.

Anyway, where is Tenchu?

Mind the graphics!
http://i.imgur.com/E5TnEJl.png[/ig]
[/QUOTE]

Have you tried Shinobido? It's a descendant of the Tenchu series.
Only problem is that the first game is Japan/Euro only. There's also a really neat fan/expansion disc called Shinobido Takumi that's JP-only.
My first experience with the series was through that disc. It's so awesome. Most of the levels were created by fans & developers, so you'd end up with all sorts of crazy situations. Also, this is one of those rare games where you can stealth-kill bosses. Seeing entire levels filled to the brim with them was a real trip.

The Vita game was localized at least. One day I'll get around to playing it (been in my library for months now).

Hinomura

i was a huge fan of tenchu 2, i loved that game, specially that awesome level editor

but i bet it's janky as fuck to play again today lol

and yeah atmosphere was great in both games

corrosivefrost said:
The Tench that I played a lot of and had a good time with was the one on PS2. Wrath of Heaven, I believe. That game was so good at the time.

If you loved Tenchu 2 / Wrath of Heaven and you have a X360, get Tenchu Z, it's not a masterpiece but if you got a itch you can't scratch, it's a least a bit relieving! :)

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Have you tried Shinobido? It's a descendant of the Tenchu series.
I know it, played it, but it did nothing to me :/ There's even Way of the Samurai games which are made by Acquire and "should" share something - the PS2 games did nothing to me, and even the Steam one didn't got me. Probably I expected a real Tenchu clone just with the name change, what these games are not - and probably I'd enjoy them for what they are.

Anyway, where is Tenchu?

Mind the graphics!
E5TnEJl.png

Jokes a part, I do remember when the shop owner sold it to me saying: "it's like Metal Gear, but with ninjas!". I immediately bought the Jap Ntsc version (my japanese is laughable now, and it was just missing before), and enjoyed it so much I had to buy every iteration. Pratically I bought a Xbox 360 for one of its unuseful sequels (and for Dead Rising too, at least), and it was a bit shallow (again), compared to the freshness of the original.

First Tenchu had an amazing atmoshpere, yet the PSX limits were used smartly, à la Silent Hill - it's dark, you can't see very far (SH had the fog to limit the view). Add an amazing soundtrack, and an amazing sense of wonder while exploring the stages - from outdoors, caves, forests, to villages and castles, studying enemies behaviour, setting up traps, moving from roof to roof with the grapple hook, killing enemies without being noticed, and hey that's a huge boss what the?...

Sadly the series pratically was an add on to the first game, and with not always bright results - and probably I'm being generous (I missed just the DS game but I doubt it's a masterpiece).

I wonder if Acquire could deliever a Tenchu expecrience nowadays trying to homage the original but refreshing it without dumbing it down. Obviously on Steam, since even NIS has jumped in! :D

Hell yes. I'd pay big bucks for more Tenchu, or even the previous ones re-released or remastered.

I know it, played it, but it did nothing to me :/ There's even Way of the Samurai games which are made by Acquire and "should" share something - the PS2 games did nothing to me, and even the Steam one didn't got me. Probably I expected a real Tenchu clone just with the name change, what these games are not - and probably I'd enjoy them for what they are.

Oh...well then.

Sorry to hear that.

Hinomura

What is so cool about Disgaea?

It's a tactic / strategic RPG that you can play "normally" and enjoy a very tasteful battle system, with nice level ups, skills and more, a lot of different characters / jobs, etc. You can easily finish it this way and have a couple of laughs for the nonsense story.

But the real fun starts when you understand what you can achieve "breaking" it. It asks to be broken!

Lomax

Is CDKeys considered a shady site? I ask because they're selling Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition for $10.65 and that seems like a pretty good deal.

It's been $15 on Bundlestars for months now and seems likely to hit 75% off before too long (which would be $12.50), so you'd probably be better off just waiting.

Hinomura

Oh...well then.

Sorry to hear that.

No need to be sorry :)

I expected crawling in the dark without knowig what to expect in a few meters while being totally absorbed by a mesmerizing soundtrack, since both Shinobido and Way of the Samurai were different, I put them aside.

I'm sure - since Acquire is a good dev team - they're really enjoyable games, but I was expecting something totally different. If I play both without expecting a Tenchu game, I'm sure I'll enjoy those series a lot!

MUnited83

For you.
So average joe consumer should be screwed out of his purchase?

I don't buy that should always be the case and if you look to applicable laws regarding transfer of title of goods (physical or otherwise) then that is not always the case. The person who committed the wrong doing is at fault. Not the person who truly believes they were buying a bonafide legitimate product. I don't think we shift blame and responsibility onto innocent people. That is wrong.

If you want to take a look at my source of authority here: https://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/2/2-403

I might go ahead and write a detailed look at this specific issue.
Its not about "truly believing its legitimate" or "shifting blame and responsability". Stolen shit gets taken back. Thats it. They aren't charging you with a crime. The people who mistakenly bought from thieves can take legal action against them.

That source talks about commercial law. I can't say I'm very familiar with US law, but I'm pretty sure if you actually want a source on this you will have to check criminal law.

Saying keys shouldnt be deactivated is outright insane and it would only result in a wild west situation where douchebaf thieves could keep on selling stolen keys without repercussions.

data

Am I the only one whose steam library is acting up the whole time? Lately I'm having all sorts of problems, like "my games" appearing twice, splitting my library into 2 categories even though I deleted all of them, then it's back to normal, and then it only shows me my installed games even though I'm not on the installed category. Is there any way to fix these issues?

diaspora

Bah, getting KOTOR running in widescreen is both inconsistent and shitty- I don't even get the widescreen resolution options half the time I boot the game. Short of cracking the exe, does anyone have any other suggestions, because I'll probably end up running this in 1280x1024 windowed.

Soulflarz

Banned
Saying keys shouldnt be deactivated is outright insane and it would only result in a wild west situation where douchebaf thieves could keep on selling stolen keys without repercussions.

This is the risk you run buying from unauthorized. You are paying less but waiving your official customer service. As I said in the thread on CDkeys, if someone sells you a game under the counter for a steep discount and you find out every few don't work, don't expect him to be able to help you when it suddenly doesn't work.

Tizoc

Anyway, where is Tenchu?

Mind the graphics!
E5TnEJl.png

IIRC From Soft owns the series now don't they? Oh man it'd be great if they released the old games on pSN :D

There is a Tenchu spiritual successor, but I forgot it's name. it's an indie game that's planned for PS4 and PC.

iosefe

playing Tenchu on the PSone was a great experience for 5-7 year old me

that needs to come back

a psn re-release would be grand

I think the biggest improvement in Fallout 4 is how aggressive the enemies are. Ghouls duck and dive all over the place and run super fast, sentry bots are terrifying, Assaultrons act like the Witch from Left from Dead, and so on. And human enemies tend to actually use cover.

Ronan

Neo Member
Bah, getting KOTOR running in widescreen is both inconsistent and shitty- I don't even get the widescreen resolution options half the time I boot the game. Short of cracking the exe, does anyone have any other suggestions, because I'll probably end up running this in 1280x1024 windowed.

You're talking about the first one right? If so, I used "Flawless Widescreen" for that and it worked great for me. You just have to run it beforehand then it gives you the extra options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom