• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
HBM v1 is fine in bandwidth. The problem is that it's limited to 4GB. HBMv2 will double bandwidth (!) and most likely intro with 8GB cards (hoping for 16GB).

HBM is a part of the JEDEC standard and most likley Nvidia will be using HBM very soon as GDDR5 consumes way too much power/space at larger capacities.

Though AMD *might* get better treatment with regards to orders.

They'll be using HBM2 for Pascal, but my guess is only for the high-end models and use GDDR5X for others. HBM probably won't be in every card for a while.

Sch1sm

Anyone picking up The Crew Wild Run today? I'm looking forward to it as it looks like good fun. I'm guessing The Crew will be a midweek sale today.

I picked it up on console instead of Steam because of my brother. Then again, all my sports/racing titles are on console, so. I like using a wheel.

Dr Dogg

I don't think anyone can say Battlefront doesn't look good but a couple of places has some pretty bad assets and some of the character textures leave a lot to be desired too. On Walker Assault on Sulist there's a lava/red goo trail that goes down the middle of the map and it doesn't look too hot (no pun intended) when you stop and look at it. I know PS2 textures gets bandied about a lot but considering Battlefront has a unified shading model and asset authoring to go with it this looked like the texture artist put too much 'flair' into the defuse texture and the final asset comes out looking a bit weird. That or the Xbone is shit :p

Phawx

They'll be using HBM2 for Pascal, but my guess is only for the high-end models and use GDDR5X for others. HBM probably won't be in every card for a while.

Right. When I said HBM, I was referring to the newest version. Not HMB1.

Though I haven't read anything about gddr5x. Will do so now.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

The Crew™ Wild Run

uOVgRih.jpg

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Did lashman get tagged? Congrats! What's it in reference to though?

Also, if anyone could answer me this: In Valkyria Chronicles, it doesn't matter who is in my squad, because level ups are by class and not by character right? Besides unlocking the specific potentials of units, I mean.

AHA-Lambda

Add me to that list. I don't know why I continue playing a game I actually dislike. That doesn't make sense on any level.

Idk, I know I can tend to do that, guess i'm stubborn/ocd or something.

Kinda like how I referenced earlier, why do I keep watching Dr Who? Probably cos I did used to like it?

Knurek

Jim Fucking Sterling Son, big fan of both Telltale and Game of Thrones thinks the last episode of TTGoT is mediocre at best.

Oh boy, oh boy...

Sch1sm

Jim Fucking Sterling Son, big fan of both Telltale and Game of Thrones thinks the last episode of TTGoT is mediocre at best.

Oh boy, oh boy...

Oh dear. Reinstalling the game now to play it. The way episode 5 ended, I was hoping for good thing, but that's unlikely. But, maybe now that I'm primed for disappointment, I'll just find it ehhh. We'll see how much my final choice affects the experience.

Ludens

Banned
I started God Hand, I'm dying like a fiddle on Easy.
The game is not too bad, what really bother me is those demons out of nowhere, they are very hard to take down.

zkylon

zkylewd
The thing with a potential New Vegas 2 by obsidian is, that they'd probably still have to work with that shitty dialogue system. There is just so much you can do with a Answer A, Answer B or Charisma check C system.
they got a ton of mileage out of that system in alpha protocol, i wouldn't be worried in the slightest

and the problem with the system is not the system itself, mass effect was fine, witcha1&2 operated under pseudo dialogue wheels and were fine too, alpha protocol was fantastic, it's just the implementation that's important and that's down to writing and general rpg design of not running out of ideas and adding a fucking maybe option to everything

so yeah, competent rpg developer + dialogue wheel = zero worries

Yeah, their brand of post apocalypse + americana is kinda unique and has a lot of potential and it would suck to let it go, but I'm confident they could create something just as wonderful. Or more wonderful, even-- they've had a lot of time to improve their craft.
yeah, i think the combination of favorite series + favorite (living) developer just makes it hard for me to stop hoping a new vegas 2 will happen. new vegas was such a love letter for all the things i loved about the series that i can't give up hope that lighting will strike twice and all will be alright with the world

and if not, i sure hope obs makes a game without spiders. or just make them moddable or something damn it

Anyway, I'd impulse buy a 'remastered' New Vegas based on the current Fallout 4 engine. As someone who highly prefer 3rd person mode, I can't really stand the animations in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Every time I have the urge to replay New Vegas, I always get reminded of the animations.
maybe modders will take up on that challenge. they ported morrowind into oblivion, right?

for the animations, there are mods that improve them for new vegas, not by a great deal or anything but a little better

i would kinda go for an open world game on the syndicate license

Valkyria of the Blue Revolution and Valkyria Chronicles remaster confirmed for PS4

PC too i presume. VC numbers on Steam were good if i remember correctly :D
is blue revolution valkyria 2?

Parts of Mass Effect 2 are the best in the series sure. In fact the way it plays out missions for you and the order, choices, limited freedom but some scope to play about and how key moments are flagged are vastly better than most games that tried to give you a non linear structure but still tell its story and keep you interested. There are points along the way to recruit the dossier targets that naturally allow you to take things at a slower pace and explore. And there are others where after you complete either a set mission or a specific amount of them that you are then sent to do a scripted mission. Not perfect by any means but it all flows quite well together.
yeah i can agree with this. i used to hate me2 when it released for taking away the space exploration, but playing it a second time not long ago i've come to appreciate how much work it did with characters and just how cool it was in general. mordin and thane were awesome additions and garrus and liara both became much more interesting characters thanks to me2.

that being said, the extreme streamlining of some of the rpg aspects and the removal of exploration still hurt really bad and the story is just middle-arc nonsense. me2 also has that dlc that commits the biggest rpg crime of them all of making a huge choice for you and that's not cool.

and me1 was so good at story and had such a powerful ending that everything that follows just never lives up to it. there was a lovecraftian angle to that final me1 ai conversation that was just really scary and mysterious and they never play to that side of the reapers again, they just become cartoonishly evil giant alien robot hand spiders with motivations that grow more ridiculous up until the very end of the seres where they burst into a supernova of stupid lol

i still think me1 was the best game out of all three, even if me2 did a ton of things right, mostly because it was the most ambitious game of all three and i think it did accomplish lots of those ambitions. yeah the mako was annoying but it still let you land in a planet and see that it had like 17 moons and suns and giant worms and crazy crap like that. it really felt like you were traveling trough space and it's such a shame they never went back to that

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
15 minutes left to know for how much are we going to get ripped off by big publishers.

(We're getting our local currency on Steam, COP).

The new currencies won't roll out until after the weekly maintenance at 4:00pm Pacific later today (approximately 6 hours after the deals update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom