• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
HBM is an interesting new tech but what I read about AMD's cards wasn't the incredible jump some people were blarring about. So I think I'll be just fine until the 3rd revision model of Nvidia HBM cards.
"Up here, on the balcony!" But there's nobody on the balc--oh.
Futurama reference. Neat.
Say what you want about Fallout 4 but this is a pretty nifty PC build.

The Fallout Rig | #ExpertMode Ep. 2 | Intel
Nice attention to detail by those talented folks. Shame it is an ad and all the process doesn't get shown.

Jawmuncher

Mass Effect 2 is the best in the series.

kermit_noneofmybusine94z83.png

Dr Dogg

Parts of Mass Effect 2 are the best in the series sure. In fact the way it plays out missions for you and the order, choices, limited freedom but some scope to play about and how key moments are flagged are vastly better than most games that tried to give you a non linear structure but still tell its story and keep you interested. There are points along the way to recruit the dossier targets that naturally allow you to take things at a slower pace and explore. And there are others where after you complete either a set mission or a specific amount of them that you are then sent to do a scripted mission. Not perfect by any means but it all flows quite well together.

who's buying battlefront?

I haven't played a mulitplayer shooter since bad comapny 2 vietnam

After playing the beta on PC and 8ish hours of the full game on Xbone via EA Access I think I've had my fill. Might look in after crimbo is there's a decent price and the community isn't dead.

r3n4ud

Anyone picking up The Crew Wild Run today? I'm looking forward to it as it looks like good fun. I'm guessing The Crew will be a midweek sale today.

Jawmuncher

Parts of Mass Effect 2 are the best in the series sure. In fact the way it plays out missions for you and the order, choices, limited freedom but some scope to play about and how key moments are flagged are vastly better than most games that tried to give you a non linear structure but still tell its story and keep you interested. There are points along the way to recruit the dossier targets that naturally allow you to take things at a slower pace and explore. And there are others where after you complete either a set mission or a specific amount of them that you are then sent to do a scripted mission. Not perfect by any means but it all flows quite well together.

ME1 is good don't get me wrong, but as the game ages the barren planets and mako stuff really start to show how flimsy they are. Even the gameplay is a bit rough now, but considering it was Bioware's like first attempt at a TPS/RPG I still cut it some slack. Still love the game, but time has not been kind to it.

Grief.exe

HBM is an interesting new tech but what I read about AMD's cards wasn't the incredible jump some people were blarring about. So I think I'll be just fine until the 3rd revision model of Nvidia HBM cards.

That was HBM1 correct?

Faster ram on GPUs may not be sexy, but will still always deliver nice performance improvements.

Mass Effect 2 is the best in the series.

kermit_noneofmybusine94z83.png

There were problems with Mass Effect 1.

The leveling system was convoluted as it had a lot of options that didn't do very much. Instead of fleshing that system out and adding more interesting builds, they completely ripped it out.

The inventory UI was needlessly cumbersome and convoluted. Instead of fleshing out the mechanic, Bioware completely ripped it out.

You guys know I always preach against needless dumbing down.

That ending was terrible though, they set up a cool overarching story in Mass Effect 1 and then drove it into the ground with 2 and 3. Go from this chilling conversation with a Repaer to melting down humans to form another Reaper?

Can we expect SEGA to add the changes from the Valkyria Chronicles remaster to the Steam version ?

I would be surprised if we didn't see it on PC. The platform is a massive pillar of Sega's business and the first game was very successful on the platform.

Only announced in Japan so far, where PC gaming is almost nonexistent.

who's buying battlefront?

Looks so good.

tumblr_inline_nimszn3Xft1t98at1.gif

GKB

Anyone picking up The Crew Wild Run today? I'm looking forward to it as it looks like good fun. I'm guessing The Crew will be a midweek sale today.

I tried the beta version of The Crew. Was put off by the whole storyline, leveling, and grinding stuff.

Can i unlock all the cars without doing mission or anything? I just want to roam the map. Might pick it up later during the winter sale if that's the case.

Jawmuncher

i'll never be on the right side for a Mass Effect discussion since despite all the time I have put into the series. I vastly prefer it being a TPS with RPG lite options and Dialog Choices.
We'll see if Bioware gives us the best of both world with Andromeda. Though until I see more I kind of doubt it, especially if it follows Inquisition's style.

Dr Dogg

ME1 is good don't get me wrong, but as the game ages the barren planets and mako stuff really start to show how flimsy they are. Even the gameplay is a bit rough now, but considering it was Bioware's like first attempt at a TPS/RPG I still cut it some slack. Still love the game, but time has not been kind to it.

I replayed ME1 back in 2012 to knock out some remaining achievements and for at the time a 5 year old game it surprisingly held up... until getting to Novira where the environment looked like one big empty concrete warehouse and the same metal tunnel structure pasted over again. Playing the opening bits of Eden Prime and the first Citadel areas last month on PC those areas are still alright and have decent aesthetics to them but the mechanics leave something to be desired if you go all out shoot bang.

louiedog

Nope. I still have a ton of base game content left. I stopped playing a few weeks ago so I could finish with the updated graphics and weather patch.

I figure by the time I do finish I can get it on sale.

That was HBM1 correct?

Faster ram on GPUs may not be sexy, but will still always deliver nice performance improvements.
Yes I believe, AMD has some HBM cards. The performance increase was not really much higher than usually coming from new cards. Once games are made with using the potential things can change of course.

Dr Dogg

Ah feck! Amazon have already been pestering me 'hey you know it's Black Friday next week?' via email every hour and now they're taunting me with cheap Prime subs (well new accounts only to be fair) and a heads up on deals starting tomorrow. Steam sale funds are about to disappear I feel. I mean £93 for a 500gb BX200 is alright but I'm sure there will be a deal on 1TB MX200's!

r3n4ud

I tried the beta version of The Crew. Was put off by the whole storyline, leveling, and grinding stuff.

Can i unlock all the cars without doing mission or anything? I just want to roam the map. Might pick it up later during the winter sale if that's the case.
I can't answer your question. I haven't even played the base game yet :p

Nope. I still have a ton of base game content left. I stopped playing a few weeks ago so I could finish with the updated graphics and weather patch.

I figure by the time I do finish I can get it on sale.
Makes sense. I'll be picking it up shortly as the bikes and bigfoots tickle my fancy.

Grief.exe

Yes I believe, AMD has some HBM cards. The performance increase was not really much higher than usually coming from new cards. Once games are made with using the potential things can change of course.

Not really, they will just be iterative gains that are irrespective to game developers.

Overclock your RAM in your GPU now and you will see solid framerate gains, not massive, but your performance will improve.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Mass Effect 1 has the best story but plays like shit
Mass Effect 2 plays alright and has cool side stuff, but the main story is shit
Mass Effect 3 plays marginally better than ME 2, has shit side stuff and the story is even worse than 2.

So yeah, ME2 is probably the best of a pretty mediocre series.

Phawx

HBM v1 is fine in bandwidth. The problem is that it's limited to 4GB. HBMv2 will double bandwidth (!) and most likely intro with 8GB cards (hoping for 16GB).

HBM is a part of the JEDEC standard and most likley Nvidia will be using HBM very soon as GDDR5 consumes way too much power/space at larger capacities.

Though AMD *might* get better treatment with regards to orders.

Tizoc

Mass Effect 1 has the best story but plays like shit
Mass Effect 2 plays alright and has cool side stuff, but the main story is shit
Mass Effect 3 plays marginally better than ME 2, has shit side stuff and the story is even worse than 2.

So yeah, ME2 is probably the best of a pretty mediocre series.

I liked the characters in 2 personally speaking :X

Soulflarz

Banned
I have a theory

For MGSV they're going to spend the next year minorly changing the ending and small clips. It's not going to be much, like 1hr of work in total for them each time, but they will. This will keep people with hope for ch 3, until a year later they announce lolno, those were "fixes" and such, and by then people won't care as much.

Or something.

Not really, they will just be iterative gains that are irrespective to game developers.

Overclock your RAM in your GPU now and you will see solid framerate gains, not massive, but your performance will improve.
Just read these.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/09/29/msi_geforce_gtx_970_gaming_4g_video_card_review/9
http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/msi-geforce-gtx-970-gaming-review,26.html
Sounds simple but I'm a wuss when it comes to OC. Free performance but man, I don't even have the need and would bite my ass if something went awry.
lashman
Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Haha. Congrats!

You have to be Level 50 to play as a Twi'lek in Star Wars Battlefront.
We're never going to have equal alien race relations this way.

I saw that. Blah grinding.

Rodian is level 45, I think. I need to honor Greedo's name but EA's going to make it hard on me.

He didn't shoot first, but if the weapons are as imbalanced as they were in the beta/demo, I'll make sure he shoots last. dealwithit.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom