• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

What on earth is this rubbish? It has nothing to do with the game Prototype, it's got a cast of chucklefucks I don't have a clue who they are. Instead of being set in the analog for New York it appears to be set somewhere in the mid west. Wasn't Alex and his sister research scientists? Certainly not warehouse workers. He doesn't even take a virus sample but gains 'powers' from a pair of gloves not far removed from a pair of Hulk Hands that have telekinetic abilities and they're a prototype Alex is working on hur hur. Seriously if you want an example of bad game films this is the contender for the number 1 spot.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HFDJT2U/

I only use 11pt on a 2560x1440 display. Then again I work with text and formatting all day long so in fact I'm probably all over the place.

Yeah I made a thread on that about a month back, has zero to do with Prototype.

Lomax

I kinda hate the modding rabbit hole of the Bethesda games. All this Fallout 4 talk got me to install New Vegas and finally put some time into it, and I end up thinking as I play "hmmm, tweaking that would be nice, or that" and then I end up browsing around the mod sites and try not to actually install a bunch of stuff because I actually want to experience the game, and it ends up killing my desire to play the game at all. Probably why I've never beaten Fallout 3, New Vegas, or even installed Skyrim.

Also, it's funny to me hearing all this talk about the dialogue in Fallout 4 when Fallout dialogue has always consisted of "read all the way down a list of five options (repeat verbatim as desired) and maybe make one consequential decision" and has never felt remotely like a "dialogue" at all.

Dr Dogg

Dogg pls, there's only one thing you should be watching now.

Don't fret I've got radio 5 on in the background.

Yeah I made a thread on that about a month back, has zero to do with Prototype.

I think I've lost 30 mins of my life I'll never get back and a handful of brain cells too.

I don't see a way that it isn't complete shit.

Speaking of AssCreed and shit...
Ubi-Johkr said:
Preload Details For Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
If you have purchased Assassin’s Creed Syndicate through Steam, we are working on activating preloading as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.
Uplay 1 Steam 0 :(

Phawx

Neat.

uZam7CP.png

Tizoc

wot u guys tink of Gared Tuttle?

da norf grove

when does this ish update?

Speak English man, if ye talkin' abou' Gam a' thorns, th' las' eppy be oot, ifin ya gots it it shuld automa'ically be upda'ed on your steam account if ye have it instolled.
Atherwyse, just go ahead and dive right in whydoncha.

zkylon

zkylewd
I kinda hate the modding rabbit hole of the Bethesda games. All this Fallout 4 talk got me to install New Vegas and finally put some time into it, and I end up thinking as I play "hmmm, tweaking that would be nice, or that" and then I end up browsing around the mod sites and try not to actually install a bunch of stuff because I actually want to experience the game, and it ends up killing my desire to play the game at all. Probably why I've never beaten Fallout 3, New Vegas, or even installed Skyrim.
here's my modlist: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153420617&postcount=1624

it's kind of short and it's just the essentials in case you don't wanna bother browsing the nexus

new vegas is a very good game even without mods so if this kind of thing gives u a headache just don't mod it

Also, it's funny to me hearing all this talk about the dialogue in Fallout 4 when Fallout dialogue has always consisted of "read all the way down a list of five options (repeat verbatim as desired) and maybe make one consequential decision" and has never felt remotely like a "dialogue" at all.
that's a dialogue-tree issue that's been present forever, it's not tied to fallout and it's most certainly not fixed by fallout 4's joke of a dialogue system

in fact it's much worse in fo4 because the voice acting and writing are so bad that my punk rock suit wearing david bowie inspired badass that just mowed down 40 men with a minigun goes all like MY BABY whenever i pick the lower choice, then it's back to complete douchebag if i choose left one, etc. i'm actually wondering if bethesda knows what sarcasm means

now games that actually moved forward a bit in how dialogue feels more like a conversation and less like infodumps like mass effect, witcha and alpha protocol, those did pretty good jobs at it, but those are much better written games than fallout 4

AHA-Lambda

If a fan of the IP AND of the developer doesn't like the game based on IP AND made by said developer, methinks an ounce of fucks is just about enough.

Do not understand the Jim Sterling hate in this thread of late :/

Anyway, I'd say it does say something but more than anything corroborates the enduring impression this series has had for some time now. It's just so dull.
It's easily the worst series TT has done since TWD S1

Ozium

Speak English man, if ye talkin' abou' Gam a' thorns, th' las' eppy be oot, ifin ya gots it it shuld automa'ically be upda'ed on your steam account if ye have it instolled.
Atherwyse, just go ahead and dive right in whydoncha.

ye I heff GOT instolled but nothin in me downlo tob

edit: found to be updatin on the librarium scren and es it i hit play and now'da'downlo...

Tizoc

^Slap tha Steam silly knocked uf and wake it oop agai' lass.
If it nay droonk it'll que the last epy fer yeh to downlo

Glorious experiences like Super Mario Bros., Double Dragon, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter amd many more. The best kind of B-movies ;)

Yo fam
You watched that brilliant Street Figther Assassin's Fist movie/webseries?
That's the BEST film adaptation based on a video game.

There's also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9KvRDaIpbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOxXFflttyg

Do not understand the Jim Sterling hate in this thread of late :/

Anyway, I'd say it does say something but more than anything corroborates the enduring impression this series has had for some time now. It's just so dull.
It's easily the worst series TT has done since TWD S1

I do not understand the Jim Sterling love anywhere.
See, now we have both sides of the spectrum covered.

^Slap tha Steam silly knocked uf and wake it oop agai' lass.
If it nay droonk it'll que the last epy fer yeh to downlo

Yo fam
You watched that brilliant Street Figther Assassin's Fist movie/webseries?
That's the BEST film adaptation based on a video game.

There's also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9KvRDaIpbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOxXFflttyg
It might sound like I was joking but - mainly older - B-movie movie adaptions have so much charm. I love those! Will give these a look later, mobile atm.

FloatOn

real talk though, I can seem to give a damn about games lately

still haven't finished ori and the blind forest
barely played original sin enhanced

AND I have a brand new steam controller just sitting there un-opened.

steamgaf send help

Phawx

Gross.

Nothing shameful about knowing when something should be considered an insult.

QFT

Regarding Jim Sterling, I am indifferent to his schtick. When he was doing his thing at Destructoid, I initially thought he was just trolling but it turned out he was (rightfully) calling MS/Sony/whoever out on their nonsense not just to get fans of MS/Sony/whoever in a tizzy.

Since moving onto YT, he has instead actively looked for "things that are bad" and does his schtick.

I guess I'm just tired of all the negative one-sided stuff. I think what he does is valuable, I.E. calling shit out, it's just that I don't really seek out negative stuff anymore.

Sober

Why do you need a GAF-themed PS4 front end when you could just browse gaming side???

Blops 3 campaign is a bag of poop.
So I watched BLOPS3 campaign on youtube. Does the game just throw like a million enemies at you now and are most of them just sponge bullets even on normal or am I correct in thinking the guy behind the MKIceandFire channel is really crappy at shooters?

fantomena

Why do you need a GAF-themed PS4 front end when you could just browse gaming side???

So I watched BLOPS3 campaign on youtube. Does the game just throw like a million enemies at you now and are most of them just sponge bullets even on normal or am I correct in thinking the guy behind the MKIceandFire channel is really crappy at shooters?

It's like theyve implemented horde mode to the campaign.

Phawx

I'm not going to actually use that avatar :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom