• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, Leafhopper just told me about that on steam.

I think it's a waste of time for me to watch it, so i'll skip it.
i like to leave quicklooks playing for some background noise while i'm working/goofing around

i generally just watch the gbeast ones (since i love vinny, alex and austin) or the ones i feel like jeff's gonna be hilarious at. dan's grown on me and brad's cool but i feel like gbwest just covers games i'm not as interested in and don't have the personalities that align so well with me. or something.

works out for me

rtcn63

Is Dan Ryckert with GB now? Or was that Gamespot? I really like the Game Informer guys, they seem so chill, and I can watch them play almost anything. They don't seem to pander as much, and just "be".

zkylon

zkylewd
Is Dan Ryckert with GB now? Or was that Gamespot? I really like the Game Informer guys, they seem so chill, and I can watch them play almost anything. They don't seem to pander as much, and just "be".
yea he's with giantbomb west

him and jason moved in from game informer

Ludens

Banned
PSN sales are always crap on EU. I envy US users those 1$ PS1 classic sales, they have also so many PS2 games missing on EU, like Forbidden Siren.

zkylon

zkylewd
all the threads i make are doomed except league thread that has bikini anime girls in it so i dunno if you're scared i'd just put bikini anime girls in it

people seem to like it

Parsnip

Well that 'a use for SteamOS appeared' thread certainly woke me up this morning.

I read the OP 4 times and I'm still not 100% sure what he's talking about.
But now that I think about it, I probably don't actually care what he's talking about.

Im too afraid to post the thread i wrote. Beeing me sucks.

How did you feel before posting your first thread, SteamGAF?
I felt awesome.
Then no one replies to it and then I felt less awesome. :p

Dsyndrome

So is Greenmangaming just going to have "Authorized Source" next to the games like COD: BLOPS 3, or is that just a placeholder for now until they put the actual distributor? Some of the folks out for blood aren't going to accept that.

Like others though, I'm fine as long as they aren't stolen regardless.

dex3108

So is Greenmangaming just going to have "Authorized Source" next to the games like COD: BLOPS 3, or is that just a placeholder for now until they put the actual distributor? Some of the folks out for blood aren't going to accept that.

Like others though, I'm fine as long as they aren't stolen regardless.

They will never reveal source for that because they don't want to put them on publisher naughty list.

zkylon

zkylewd
what's an unauthorized source anyways?

doesn't that have to me most definitely stolen?

what other reason could there be for a key to be unauthorized

dex3108

and how did they get the keys?

From seller who has contract with publisher :D For example GMG sells Black Ops 3 and they don't have contract with publisher to sell them so they buy keys from GetGames/WinGameStore... and they have contracts with publisher.

From seller who has contract with publisher :D For example GMG sells Black Ops 3 and they don't have contract with publisher to sell them so they buy keys from GetGames/WinGameStore... and they have contracts with publisher.

Either way Activision gets paid in this case for the key, so I am unsure what morally or legally is wrong.

Lomax

Either way Activision gets paid in this case for the key, so I am unsure what morally or legally is wrong.

The only real issue most people have is that the major sites that do it and have no relationships with publishers have also been known to go farther and have had keys end up getting revoked. It isn't so much "is it legal" as it is "is it trust worthy."

Edit: I'll also add that I don't think reddit mods cares in the slightest about the customers or especially the publishers, but rather they care about all the messages they get when a deal they have up doesn't work out right for some people.

Parsnip

There's nothing wrong with that specifically.

As far as I saw, the problem was that GMG claimed to be an authorized seller of publishers x, y and z, but then it turned out that the keys from publisher y didn't come directly from the publisher after all, but through a middleman.

The only real issue most people have is that the major sites that do it and have no relationships with publishers have also been known to go farther and have had keys end up getting revoked. It isn't so much "is it legal" as it is "is it trust worthy."

Ah alright. So its not the keys they get from authorized vendors thats the issue but the potential for them to get keys from cdkeys.com or the like that are not. Makes sense.

Teppic

Unsure if these keys works.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Astro Emporia -- MB-6525AA677E5D939D - Taken by Purkake4
Coldfire Keep -- MB-B952103B167C87CA - Taken by darkchewie
Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends -- MB-A867C6BD20F9B818 - Taken by septicore
Bardbarian -- MB-18416F90548A5BBE - Taken by dave is ok
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-2EDB054209AF078A - Taken by shockdude
Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-1BFB37123674B8EA - Taken by pantsattack

Played some BLOPS3 multiplayer, high level players with high firerate weapons are unkillable. Really considering if I should go through the soul crushing grind.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
d04634cb85.png

Flandy

Sooo Syndicate might have a little oversight in its cloth physics (assuming it is physics based and not animated). Flandy pointed out in the PC Perf thread that Evie's cape was not updating at the same frequency as the rest of the simulation.

Also there's this other vid which features Jacob and here too you can see his coats movement is not in sync with the framerate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kADcWwa01vo

Hmmmmm that stands out a mile in both vids and is probably going to do my nut in.

Yeah Jacob has the same issue but it's a lot more noticeable on Evie since she has a cape

The Frostbyte Engine looks so great. Saw this screen in the PC screenshot thread:

Sad that most games that use it well are developed by Dice (and MP FPS).

Speaking of that I just bought a new computer. It is not crazy powerful but it runs fallout 4 ULTRA 60fps at 1080p.

GTX 970
16GB DDR4
i5 6600K

What is the new "crysis" in terms of graphical settings if I want to see something pretty.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You didn't want 4 days earlier? FINE, GET SOME MONTHS LATER

It does make you wonder if they kinda knew beforehand that they were going to be delayed, and killed off their "augment your pre-order" campaign so that there wasn't a huge backlash when the inevitable delay was announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom