• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
I didn't know I had to defend it until a few minutes ago when I read your post. Everything's working perfectly for me and in 42 hours not a single bug. I am satisfied with the gameplay, with the rich rooster of characters and the stability of the game.

Da fuck. Only one I can see is the lack of online play and I think the reviews are pointing into a overall positive direction too.

Bah hah hah! Okay. Never mind that 29 page Support thread with every issue that I laid out and more that hasn't been addressed once and has rabid fans come on there trying to downplay those major technical issues. Missing character models during scenes was the last straw for me after jumping through hoops just to get my Xbox 1 controller to work properly in the game along with jitter from weird frame rate, busted graphics menu and all the other crap listed here.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/331600/discussions/0/520518053431159970/#p1

Game has been busted since release with Namco Bandai only responding once on twitter about the glaring issues.

I paid full price for this with the season pass and returned it. I'll pick it up at a reasonable price for a busted game. Which is %50 off or more. I'd rather support Japanese companies with day one purchases that actually give a shit about their products. Like Idea Factory and Degica.

Basically Turfster posts new deals and bundles before you (although he's not around at the moment) and lashman posts everything ever before you, so there's really no point in trying.

tumblr_mlq4hf8U5e1somw7ho5_1280.png

Shantom

Pirate Warrior 3 is a horrible port. It's not even a 1 for one port of the console version. 59 fps jitter fest. Missing models, no online play, missing graphics options, Controller issues out the ass.If this were a AAA release like Arkham Knight it would have been shit on quick. It gets a free pass because of crazy K-T fans and anime.

At least One Piece can hold that 59FPS. Samurai Warriors 4-2 dips to 45FPS regularly on a 970 despite being a PS3 port.

Momentary

Banned
Green Man Gaming doesn't do refunds do they? Dragon Quest is $43 there, but If I pre-order on Steam I'm guaranteed to be able to return it if this is K-T's usual performance on PC.

Monooboe

Could this be it? Could Syndicate be the AssCreed game to dethrone the first as my favourite? Well this is cheating a bit as I've played a bit of it previously but getting my hands dirty just exploring London is pretty much tickling me in all the right places. Landmarks are really, really well represented and the boroughs each have not only a subtle unique look and feel but they're rather close to how they are today. I mean Southwark looks like a shit hole and it was last time I was there, the Bank of England is just as filthy as it has been every time I've seen it and Trafalgar Square is infested with pigeons. Only thing missing is a bunch of pissed up students trying to throw a traffic cone on top of Nelson's Column. Yeah I might be a little biased...

Sounds awesomely good, think I need to take a break from Fallout 4, also would have to jump over Unity and just play Syndicate now. Would of course return to Unity later.

Vamphuntr

Green Man Gaming doesn't do refunds do they? Dragon Quest is $43 there, but If I pre-order on Steam I'm guaranteed to be able to return it if this is K-T's usual performance on PC.

Yeah if the port is broken they won't refund. Even then I would wait to see what their next coupon will be. They might get a better one for Black Friday.

Dr Dogg

I tried to tell you Dogg

Many have tried but so far nothing felt like the complete package for me. The first kind of set the template out, the parkour and having every building climbable was a massive elevation over Prince of Persia, even more so set in an open world with 3 very important cities in the 12th century, that really captures the look and feel of each. I was 10 when I visited Jerusalem so a hazy memory at best but architectural AC 1 was very spot on.

II brought in massive and sweeping gameplay changes but I just didn't feel the same connection with the cities in that, and this time it featured one I knew quite well in Florence as I spent quite a bit of time in Tuscany towards the middle of '96 so it was fresh in the memory. Brohood probably came the closest as it yet again refined the gameplay and Rome felt like Rome (of it's day) and yet again another city I spent a month living in in '93.

Revelations kind of is a mixed bag for me as I love the story and cast but in gameplay terms it felt a little bit of a shift away from the past 3 games, especially controls wise. Though Constantinople/Istanbul was a great location and the art direction was good I don't feel they took the opportunity to do much with it.

III I was starting to get a bit worn out on the series and really didn't feel the cities used there were a good fit, though loved the Frontier and mechanics associated with that. In time I've come to appreciated the shift and the extra diverse side content but I feel too much change was done too soon with III. IV really didn't feel like an AssCreed game to me, even the AssCrred parts of it are some of the worst in the series like the tailing and evesdropping missions but as a pirately exploring adventure on the high seas it's right up there with Windwaker for me.

Which if you haven't guess my main draw to the AssCrred games isn't just the assassin merlakry but more over the sightseeing potential in a historical setting. Those that have poor settings or representations of their setting are ones I'm not too fond of. That nicely brings me to Unity as this was such a missed opportunity as it was an important moment in history, there's so many points of reference in other media such as literature and film that Unity could have aped and made playable but really the whole narrative structure feels a disjointed mess with a lot of connective glue missing to link the part together. What's more I've been to Paris getting on 20 times and asides from Notre Dame and the Palace of Versailles nothing really felt like they fit.

Now while you couldn't sat nav your way round the street of Syndicate's London as some creative effort has been made to the world to make a game if you know London and you know the landmarks you can go on a tour just like you could today. And it's bloody marvellous. What's more it's so close to what I know memories are flooding back. Walking past Westminster Abbey I'm suddenly reminded of a college trip we took to the V&A where we saw Pauline from East Enders in a pub round the corner. Kicking around Covent Garden by what would be Oxford Street I'm reminded of where the DKNY store used to be and getting ripped of for a bottle of water (was about £9). There's also Black Friars bridge which I spent one New Years standing on with 1000's of other peeps freezing cold for a fire works display that was impossible to see through the thick smoke the first barrage covered the sky in (also there were some rather pissed Aussie guys drinking bourbon and coke from a 4lt bottle). A game can jog those memories which few, if any have done something of the sort before.

Uzzy

Many have tried but so far nothing felt like the complete package for me. The first kind of set the template out, the parkour and having every building climbable was a massive elevation over Prince of Persia, even more so set in an open world with 3 very important cities in the 12th century, that really captures the look and feel of each. I was 10 when I visited Jerusalem so a hazy memory at best but architectural AC 1 was very spot on.

When I first read this I thought you were saying you were 10 when you first visited Jerusalem in AC1.

Anyway, I can definitely see the appeal of a game that recreates rather well your old stomping grounds. Though personally I'd be a bit concerned if we got Assassins Creed: Hull, even if that was a perfect 1-1 match of the city.

Lomax

Wait, Klei outsourced this? Do we know what else they're working on, then? Invisible, Inc.'s been out for a while now. Really curious to see what they've got lined up next.

I think Klei (at least in terms of Don't Starve) is still working on Don't Starve Together, which is technically still in Beta/Early Access. I'd imagine they have more than one team though. If I was going to make a completely baseless guess, I'd think we're due for a Mark of the Ninja sequel soon.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Text about asscreed

That's pretty great to hear honestly. I've never been to London but playing the game I really got the sense that a lot of detail was put into the period setting. I noticed that all of the landmarks in the game were crazy detailed. One of my favorite parts of the game was the
World War 1 levels that take place in 1914
and how they had
updated the architecture and added new buildings that were around during that time
. Hopefully you get to that part and are as blown away as I was.

Syndicate honestly surprised me. I've never been able to "get into" an AssCreed game before now and a lot of it has to do with the reasons you mentioned.

For what it's worth, I had the same kind of recognition when playing Life Is Strange. While not nearly as detailed or as accurate, Arcadia Bay is an almost perfect representation of the atmosphere in the town I live in and fictionally is somewhere nearby as well since my town is on a lot of the maps/postcards/things in the game.

FLD

I think Klei (at least in terms of Don't Starve) is still working on Don't Starve Together, which is technically still in Beta/Early Access. I'd imagine they have more than one team though. If I was going to make a completely baseless guess, I'd think we're due for a Mark of the Ninja sequel soon.

Oh, for some reason I thought Don't Starve Together was out of EA. I guess that makes sense but yeah, I'm pretty sure they have at least another team besides the Don't Starve one.

And yes, a Mark of the Ninja sequel would be very welcome. But didn't the main designer behind MotN leave Klei a little while back? He's at the studio making Firewatch, iirc.

Uzzy

So many great looking indie games coming out next year that I'm really going to struggle come GOTY time. Warms my gaming hipster heart though.

Just need Supergiant to announce something new now.

Speaking of indies, a game I don't think even lashman is keeping track of, Oxenfree, is coming in January. Here's the trailer.

If you had told this 10 years ago, it would have been ridiculed as fanfic. So great to get usual console exclusives on PC.
As a Firefox user
GRpc12J.gif

Sure there's some technical deficiencies from Unity (especially in the faces regards to animation and skin shading) but Syndicate will have it's moments for sure.
bh5Lzui.png

xkzc5mr.png

uJfCDYf.gif

Very nice. Have big expectations with this one.

so that Far Cry 4 low price on Origin must have been a mistake...they are back to normal price now

wonder how many people got to buy it before they realized

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think I have most of the currency stuff ironed out for the next release of Enhanced Steam. There are starting to be quite a few:

The only thing I don't have ironed out just yet is differentiating between Japanese Yen and Chinese Yuan. Support for that might come in a future release. Unfortunately since they're formatted exactly the same on the store pages it makes it a little more difficult to detect which is which.

so that Far Cry 4 low price on Origin must have been a mistake...they are back to normal price now

wonder how many people got to buy it before they realized

Probably quite a few since it hit the front page of Slickdeals almost immediately after the price went up. Here's hoping we don't have another Origin selling Uplay keys that eventually get deactivated fiasco on our hands.

There is a 0% chance that any of the enhancements from the PS4 Astebreed port will ever make it to the Steam version, correct?

Knowing most developers and publishers, nope.

Sometimes, they're awesome -- like The Behemoth, who ported all the Castle Crashers updates for free to PC users -- but then you have cases like Don't Starve, Jamestown, DmC DE, etc. that see console exclusive stuff added and never ported back.

Parsnip

Could this be it? Could Syndicate be the AssCreed game to dethrone the first as my favourite? Well this is cheating a bit as I've played a bit of it previously but getting my hands dirty just exploring London is pretty much tickling me in all the right places. Landmarks are really, really well represented and the boroughs each have not only a subtle unique look and feel but they're rather close to how they are today. I mean Southwark looks like a shit hole and it was last time I was there, the Bank of England is just as filthy as it has been every time I've seen it and Trafalgar Square is infested with pigeons. Only thing missing is a bunch of pissed up students trying to throw a traffic cone on top of Nelson's Column. Yeah I might be a little biased...

Bah, I still haven't even started Ac Syndicate.
Other stupid things taking my time.

Probably quite a few since it hit the front page of Slickdeals almost immediately after the price went up. Here's hoping we don't have another Origin selling Uplay keys that eventually get deactivated fiasco on our hands.

hopefully not...but guess now it's just wait and see what happens

madjoki

Considering last time Ubisoft reactivated affected keys and they were actual scammed keys, I doubt it.

jshackles

Considering last time Ubisoft reactivated affected keys and they were actual scammed keys, I doubt it.

Yes it's unlikely, I'm just saying there's a history of bullshit when it comes to buying Uplay keys on Origin

BasilZero

Kinda getting annoyed at how long GOG's support takes, shame there's nobody live to talk to

Cant be as bad Steam's support.

I was overseas and had a overseas related question to keys.

Took them two months to respond.

I first posted before leaving and they responded as soon as I came back......

ᵖˢˢᵗ ᵗʰᵃᶰᵏˢ ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒᵛᵉʳʷᵃᵗᶜʰ ᵇᵉᵗᵃ ᵇᶫᶦᶻᶻᵃʳᵈ

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Can you get in? I'm stuck at Authenticating

Lain

New invites went out? *checks email* =(

From Bundlestars Bundle. If anyone is interested the free key I got was Soccer Rage.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Coffin Dodgers -- MB-6F1995E538E9CAB6 - Taken by Deques. 7 entrants total.

t1447982841z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom