• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clicker Heroes Patch

Oh yeaaaahh.

I have four relics. All four have "+4% primal bosses." (that's apparently the best one.) One of them has an additional "-3% to hiring cost." I upgraded the one with two effects to level 50, and it changed NOTHING. I upgraded one with just +4% primal to level 44, and it did nothing.

I have no idea what relic upgrading is even supposed to do (because from where I stand it does shit all,) but luckily I didn't waste too many cores on them.

Melissa K and Lara have the same jaw.

For a hidden object protagonist, she's not that badly designed. No uncanny-valley face, she has a distinct look....she has a NAME...any one of those things would put a character above the average.

Her game in expert mode is hard as balls though. Also the game has broken achievements...as well as grievous historical errors...but overall it's worthy to play.

Edit: ...Damn it, SteamGAF, start posting faster!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 8.1. This release includes the following changes:
  • Added support for INR, TWD, HKD, SAR, ZAR, AED, CHF, CLP, PEN, COP currencies, and preliminary support for CNY currency
  • Added the Performance Survey section to the "Customize" button on app pages
  • Updated regional price comparison feature to be more efficient and to work with new currencies
  • Updated lowest price on market homepage to work with new API limitations - click each button for lowest price
  • Fixed a layout issue with profile page links when using responsive design
  • Fixed an issue where Early Access banners would incorrectly show on achievement showcases
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes.

A few notes about this release: CNY currency is supported for comparing your region to regions that use CNY. However, support for converting from CNY to any other currency is not supported at this time. Additionally, if your purchase history has purchases in both USD and CNY, the value of your "total spent on Steam" will not be calculated correctly. This is an issue we are actively working on and hope to have a fix available in the next release.

Additionally, Valve changed their market API recently that rate-limits the number of connections you can make to it. As a result, any users with more than 10 active market listings will now see a "cloud" icon next to each listing. Clicking that icon will refresh the data for that row, but due to the API restrictions it is no longer possible to get the data for every row at once. I understand that makes the feature much less usable for some, and I am working with Valve to hopefully have a solution for this in the future.

Finally, this version includes preliminary changes to the base code that will allow it to work with Firefox's WebExtensions API in the future. Currently, this version cannot be used with any version of Firefox. However, I've been working with Mozilla on the few APIs they have left that are not yet functioning, and hope to have a beta Firefox Nightly version of Enhanced Steam available soon.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

FloatOn

Iu2nihF.gif

Dafuq?

Anyway, I'm moving back to a desk setup tomorrow. Comfy couch was ok but my hot new monitor needs to be broken in.

Did I make the right choice?

12194635_10153373209898515_9021738485889349792_o.jpg

Lain

Not too surprising considering how long it is. Also this is the normal price for VNs in Japan if they are large so, yeah gonna have to deal with it if you guys want stuff like this.

I also dislike Clannad.

Clannad in an old game that has had a fan translation available for a while. Asking 50$ for it is as stupid as if Square debuted the FFXIII games on Steam at the same price they debuted on console years ago just because.

Dsyndrome

I have four relics. All four have "+4% primal bosses." (that's apparently the best one.) One of them has an additional "-3% to hiring cost." I upgraded the one with two effects to level 50, and it changed NOTHING. I upgraded one with just +4% primal to level 44, and it did nothing.

I have no idea what relic upgrading is even supposed to do (because from where I stand it does shit all,) but luckily I didn't waste too many cores on them.

It leveled up my stuff to max 3% Primal Bosses and +15% Primal souls, along with stuff I could give two shits about like Golden Clicks and other junked in the relics. All are leveled up to max 50 now with the exception of one that had exponential Forge Core requirements for whatever reason.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
thinking a 19 year old today was born in 1996 makes me feel so fucking old

im depressed now

:(

My daughter was born in '97 and she's about to finish her first semester at college. So I know what you mean.

rtcn63

What if we play as Linkle in the new Zelda? What if it was always her in the trailers? I mean, Ninty said that Link was a boy, but did they ever state definitely that it was him in the footage?

Isn't Linkle only confirmed for the 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors?

Can't help but feel a bit of schadenfreude after the BF4 debacle.

And for perspective, CSGO is pulling in over 600k players daily. That's twice as many as Battlefront on all platforms. And I don't see this Battlefront number growing significantly after the next few weeks..

God Damn I guess the beta did more harm than good. Since the reviews were pretty last minute. I think it probably still sold fine, but might not hit the forecast EA set.

It'll still sell 12 million plus or whatever they were hoping for. I don't see it having a very long life on PC though. But then DICE doesn't care. They just need it to last till this time next year when Battlefield 5 will be out.

It's a great scene that. It's frustrating that MGSV doesn't have more story cutscenes, because the bits they do have tend to be fantastic. The end of Chapter 31, for instance, sent shivers down my spine, that was so good.

thank you

the little cutscenes it has are AMAZING! any scene with Kaz is dope. You know shit is real everytime Kaz speaks up.

So few on PC for one of the biggest games this season. Wonder how much can be traced back to Origin/non-Steam?

its a boring game. I played the beta and less than an hour I already had enough of the game.

Well this is interesting

PAYDAY 2: An update and an apology

The devs of Payday 2 apologize for the last few weeks and then the rest of the post ignores everything that got the community angry in the first place.

Meanwhile I wandered into the Bloodborne framepacing issues thread on the other side and man some of the posts are really something. I personally find it a bit silly when people say that they can't tell the difference between 30 and 60fps and can't notice performance drops when games go down to sub 20fps. But okay, that's one thing. In this gem of a thread there are actually posts where people imply that frame pacing problems aren't even a real thing. In one post, someone asked another who had problems with the performance if he had a medical condition that was causing him discomfort.

It's like, not only are you blind to the performance problems, you're actually going to deny they exist and wonder if people who can notice them are sick?

Clannad in an old game that has had a fan translation available for a while. Asking 50$ for it is as stupid as if Square debuted the FFXIII games on Steam at the same price they debuted on console years ago just because.
Yeah I thought about how old it is after I made that post. And true there is a fan translation. Not saying the price is justified though just that, sadly I am not too surprised.
Well this is interesting

The devs of Payday 2 apologize for the last few weeks and then the rest of the post ignores everything that got the community angry in the first place.

Wow.

Lain

Looks like upgrading does little for some stats, maybe if they are already maxed for that relic?
I upgraded some relics and it improved them, but just slightly.
A +15% Primal Hero Souls, -2% Hero Hiring and Level-Up cost, +3% Chances of Primal Bosses only gained a 1% for the Hero Hiring and Level-Up cost part.
The ones that had more gold from Treasure Chests or more gold from idling improved that stat with each upgrade.

jshackles

Well this is interesting

Meanwhile I wandered into the Bloodborne framepacing issues thread on the other side and man some of the posts are really something. I personally find it a bit silly when people say that they can't tell the difference between 30 and 60fps and can't notice performance drops when games go down to sub 20fps. But okay, that's one thing. In this gem of a thread there are actually posts where people imply that frame pacing problems aren't even a real thing. In one post, someone asked another who had problems with the performance if he had a medical condition that was causing him discomfort.

It's like, not only are you blind to the performance problems, you're actually going to deny they exist and wonder if people who can notice them are sick?

Sometimes, I don't understand people. Case in point from my recent ES announcement:

8SQDoX5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom