• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

12 is Better Than 6

lPJjI6S.jpg

To people complaining about the character designs for that new Valkyria game. One it's being made by a different team and a different artist (from my understanding.). Not to mention did you play VC? Especially in 2 and 3, the designs aren't that far off. I think the colors of the clothes with the girl with balloon tits, that looks really similar to Selvaria, looks like crap but for the most part that looks like a Valkyira game but, at the same time it isn't one gameplay wise so I dunno it's made to get 2 groups of people with this game. Shining fans and VC fans.

That looks pretty good.

Ventara

Figured I'd post this here as well, but I'm selling retail Steam keys for The Evil Within ($15USD), Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel ($15USD) and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris ($5USD). If anyone wants any of these, shoot me a PM.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Same. I actually do like rhythm games at times but, I am bad at them on handhelds.

I'm not sure that Theatrhythm would translate well to a non-touch interface though. Part of the game's nuance is that notes can be played by tapping a note then swiping in a particular direction, which adds quite a bit to the gameplay. I'm not sure if it would come across the same as holding the directional pad in a particular direction or even to clicking somewhere and dragging your mouse in a direction or not.

Speaking of Theatrhythm, still no Dragon Quest here in the states. I've been waiting for an excuse to rebuy/replay.

Nyoro SF

It is when the body proportions are improper.

VC1 Sylvaria's chest size was fine and was in proportion to her body's build.

They got you hook, line and sinker :V

But the woman in question is way taller than Selvaria. In fact I think that is the tallest woman I've seen in a video game period.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've added myself to the GAF Steam ID list, looking forward to joining NeoGAF group and making friends.

Welcome! If you're new to Steam you picked a really good time to join up, considering that next week should be the beginning of the Autumn sale and you'll likely see everything on Steam heavily discounted.

MLH

Welcome! If you're new to Steam you picked a really good time to join up, considering that next week should be the beginning of the Autumn sale and you'll likely see everything on Steam heavily discounted.

Thanks, I've been on steam for years (November 2009!), just never really been all that social :p, still it's nice to meet gamers with similar tastes.

I'm not sure that Theatrhythm would translate well to a non-touch interface though. Part of the game's nuance is that notes can be played by tapping a note then swiping in a particular direction, which adds quite a bit to the gameplay. I'm not sure if it would come across the same as holding the directional pad in a particular direction or even to clicking somewhere and dragging your mouse in a direction or not.

Speaking of Theatrhythm, still no Dragon Quest here in the states. I've been waiting for an excuse to rebuy/replay.

Ah yeah you are right. Not sure how that would work.

But the woman in question is way taller than Selvaria. In fact I think that is the tallest woman I've seen in a video game period.

Bayonetta still looks like 11 feet tall at times lol.

Now all I need is Bloodborne and I can skip this console generation entirely...
:(
You and me both, buddy. Best chance is still getting Demon's Souls on PC and even that is a tall order ( ._.)
So good.
I've added myself to the GAF Steam ID list, looking forward to joining NeoGAF group and making friends.
Welcome but you'd have much better chances at getting in the NeoGAF Steam Group by posting a link to your SteamID. Also you'd get more friend requests :)

Grief.exe

Persona 5's art style would be amazing running at modern resolutions.

I may wait a bit after the console release to see what happens, otherwise I will probably end up getting the PS3 version.

Dsyndrome

Haven't looked too much at the previews for the new VC, is it even set in the same universe?

Not writing it off as of now, the screens shown thus far don't scream war-torn countries with tanks, unless it's like Suikoden war-torn.

Edit: Oh, there are tanks.

As for Persona, if they do come to Steam, they better bring Catherine as well.

FLD

While we're on the subject, could I get an invite to the GAF Steam group? I've been meaning to ask for a while but I keep forgetting. There's a link to my Steam profile on my GAF profile.

edit: Wow, that was fast. Thanks!

Caerith

I think it would be possible to translate Theatrhythm, and other rhythm games, to mouse and keyboard, but it will probably never feel quite right off its original interface.

Persona 5's art style would be amazing running at modern resolutions.

I may wait a bit after the console release to see what happens, otherwise I will probably end up getting the PS3 version.

I'm curious to see what the difference between PS3 and PS4 versions will be as well. If they're substantial, well, PS4 is racking up the good exclusives so maybe it'll be worth getting in on.

That feeling when you don't know if the ending of Fallout 4 is just a mess or that you legit broke a set of quests that make it incomprehensible.

Anyway 81 hours in, I feel like I got another 20 or so until I'm fully finished which will be nice, really makes me want to go back and finally finish New Vegas.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Theatrhythm definitely wouldn't translate well to PC and the install base for touchscreen PCs that would be suitable to play the game is too low.

That being said, there are probably around a bazillion Square Enix games that would work on PC.

Starting just with classic titles released on mobile (i.e. with source code or emulators in a state that it'd be feasible to do a low-effort PC port):
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy Tactics
The World Ends with You
Edit: Dragon Quest I
Edit: Dragon Quest II
Dragon Quest III
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest VIII

Caerith

Theatrhythm definitely wouldn't translate well to PC and the install base for touchscreen PCs that would be suitable to play the game is too low.

That being said, there are probably around a bazillion Square Enix games that would work on PC.

Starting just with classic titles released on mobile (i.e. with source code or emulators in a state that it'd be feasible to do a low-effort PC port):
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy Tactics
The World Ends with You
Dragon Quest III
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest VIII
Isn't TWEWY pretty touch-intensive?

Also I think they'd be better off running DQ8 through a PS2 emulator than trying to convert it from mobile to PC; the PS2 version already at least has 16:9 support.

jshackles

Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy Tactics
The World Ends with You
Dragon Quest III
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest VIII

Stump you forgot Dragon Quest 1 and 2 and made me cry. Both are positioned amazingly in the mobile market considering their low low price that I think would translate well to Steam if they kept it the same. $2.99 for Dragon Quest 1 is impulse buy territory.

Also, there are some other great Android games that I think would do well on Steam, namely the Chaos Rings series and
Final Fantasy Dimensions

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Stump you forgot Dragon Quest 1 and 2 and made me cry. Both are positioned amazingly in the mobile market considering their low low price that I think would translate well to Steam if they kept it the same. $2.99 for Dragon Quest 1 is impulse buy territory.

Forgot they got mobile releases!

Also, there are some other great Android games that I think would do well on Steam, namely the Chaos Rings series and
Final Fantasy Dimensions

And Record Keeper!

Jawmuncher

Final Fantasy Dimensions
I would LOVE for Chaos Rings to hit steam. Those are my absolutely favorite mobile games and hell are some of my all time RPGs at this point. Loved the entire time I spent with Chaos Rings, Chaos Rings Omega, and Chaos Rings 2. I still need to get Chaos Rings 3 though, more than likely this holiday since Square like to do a 50% discount on all their apps come the holidays. Since it looks like the vita version for the west ain't happening.
Also let's not forget how Piu-Piu represents at least half of Steamgaf.

Clannad is going to be 49.99 on Steam. Too much for my blood.
https://twitter.com/sekaiproject/status/667815741782036481

Yikes. I love Clannad and I would think twice about paying 50 Dollar for a game.
I would buy it on second thought tho because I freaking adore Clannad.

Not too surprising considering how long it is. Also this is the normal price for VNs in Japan if they are large so, yeah gonna have to deal with it if you guys want stuff like this.

I also dislike Clannad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom