• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know what did it exactly, but here's what I did to get through it: enabled 3rd person mode, slow walking, controller (important), and... put my resolution down to 720p. Still a great game, even if the engine makes me feel sick for some reason.
yeah i'm on 3rd person, no bobble and slow walking

for some reason it seems to be worse for me with a controller, idk why

i'm also really tired today so that might be it

thanks for the tips, will try the resolution thing

It's not amazing art, but it's still better than this:

9519.jpg
it really isn't

garbage is garbage

all of it is garbage

Yeah, a ridiculous amount of settings is a Serious Engine staple dating back to ye olde Serious Sam. "If we set it, you can tweak it" is Croteam's equivalent to "If you see it, you can go there."
yeah but they're also really organized about it and allow you to just tweak the bare minimum and be ok with it

like, i just put everything down from ultra to high to get my fps back to 60 and that was it, but if i wanted i could've gone crazy with each individual section

i also really appreciate the motion sickness stuff, i'm not someone that's super prone to that stuff but i think that's super thoughtful of them and should be followed by more devs

Jawmuncher

VNs are a blight that have infected steam at a rapid pace. Its truly disturbing. But then again, nobody has to buy them so its all good. More pissed its infected the steam threads.

But that's the beauty of Steam now. There is literally something for everyone now. I can understand being annoyed but other's taste's in games and how said discussion can go on about them. But it's not like it stops anyone from talking about what games interests them. I give every game & genre a fair shake. If I don't like it oh well, i'll just talk about the stuff I do like.

It was Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire. Card prices seemed not too bad so I thought I'd make some spare change.

Hmm seems odd. Might just be worth putting on idlemaster when you go to bed.
Should pop up then.

VNs are a blight that have infected steam at a rapid pace. Its truly disturbing. But then again, nobody has to buy them so its all good. More pissed its infected the steam threads.

I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it.

~Kinggi~

Banned
But that's the beauty of Steam now. There is literally something for everyone now. I can understand being annoyed but other's taste's in games and how said discussion can go on about them. But it's not like it stops anyone from talking about what games interests them. I give every game & genre a fair shake. If I don't like it oh well, i'll just talk about the stuff I do like.

Hmm seems odd. Might just be worth putting on idlemaster when you go to bed.
Should pop up then.

I mean at the end of the day i dont care all that much. Just saying VNs are so lacking in providing compelling gameplay and story that it feels like a waste to devote significant time to them but something must be appealing. Im guessing tits and young girls but call me crazy.

I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it.

oh u funny teehee

CbqZZyg.jpg

I mean at the end of the day i dont care all that much. Just saying VNs are so lacking in providing compelling gameplay and story that it feels like a waste to devote significant time to them but something must be appealing. Im guessing tits and young girls but call me crazy.

Gameplay might be true, but story? There are a lot of VNs that offer a far better story than games like Fallout, Tomb Raider etc.
It seems you just didnt read one. Actually you are proving that with the last paragraph...

Jawmuncher

That's understandable, there's numerous people who dislike the Telltale style games for similar reasons. Also I wouldn't generalize them too much. Since I had the same opinion for awhile until I played Ace Attorney and 999. Though i suppose you could label those as more being adventure games, but they still end up being lumped into the genre.

Steam's Autumn and Holiday sales will ditch daily deals and flash sales

Interesting.Refunds may have something to do with this change .

Yeah that seems to be the case.
However there also seems to be some sort of meta going on this sale for deals.
We have a developer in here who can't say anything, but it seems there is something planned to counter no dailies in some capacity.
Could just be the return of the auction system or maybe something else. We will have to wait and see.

~Kinggi~

Banned
That's understandable, there's numerous people who dislike the Telltale style games for similar reasons. Also I wouldn't generalize them too much. Since I had the same opinion for awhile until I played Ace Attorney and 999. Though i suppose you could label those as more being adventure games, but they still end up being lumped into the genre.

Yeah nah 999 and Ace Attorney are quality though. Im talking about the subgenre of VN that has appeared. The 2 hour journey of click click click until you see cleavage.

Will the Steam controller make ADOM more accessible? The default keybinds are killing me. Literally.
Yeah that seems to be the case.
However there also seems to be some sort of meta going on this sale for deals.
We have a developer in here who can't say anything, but it seems there is something planned to counter no dailies in some capacity.
Could just be the return of the auction system or maybe something else. We will have to wait and see.
Knowing Valve it will be some gambling thing. Like, buy this useless emote; sacrifice it at the altar of Gaben to receive FREE coupons of varying rarity, then feed, trade, and sell coupons to maximise your savings!

It's going to be horrible.

Lain

We can just make various animated gifs with PM Frost if you want to know how much a game is worth, maybe with some glitter too.

Jawmuncher

Yeah nah 999 and Ace Attorney are quality though. Im talking about the subgenre of VN that has appeared. The 2 hour journey of click click click until you see cleavage.

Yeah there has been a good bit of that hitting the store as of late. Such as Sakura and others. However the VN fans in here hate those as well lol. It's just like with anything with all the good there's bound to be some shit around as well. We see it with all of the stuff that passes greenlight for any genre really. Though the bad VNs do get highlighted more, but that's more so because they're a easier target to make fun of. Some of those making it through are absolutely ridiculous and have to be seen to be believed.

~Kinggi~

Banned
CbqZZyg.jpg

Gameplay might be true, but story? There are a lot of VNs that offer a far better story than games like Fallout, Tomb Raider etc.
It seems you just didnt read one. Actually you are proving that with the last paragraph...

eh no trust me ive "played" through a few. Some good, most bad. But me being a westerner in the US, even some of the better ones dont hold a candle to storys presented in games like TR or Fallout, IMO of course. That could be a translation or culture thing but i find most Eastern content these days lacking in the story area no matter the quality of gameplay.

And with that we have a solid wrap on the Dark Souls II saga. About 200 hours later, I finished every area and boss, vanilla and dlc.

The end bosses rectified Shulva as my favorite DLC. Especially the last boss showed me what the game lacked so painfully; memorable bosses which are not just humanoids. Ending DSII on this high-note makes me happy. Even though I don't know what else to do now... besides begging for Demon's Souls - Prepare 2 Die ( ._.)

Well actually the last area I finished were the Frigid Outskirts which tbh confused me more than disappoint. What in the actual is that supposed to serve I'll never understand.

During my short return to Eleum Loyce, I took a short stroll through the area and immediately remembered what irked me all the time. While there are some very nicely detailed structures, there is an overall feel of emptiness, nothingness in very big places.
Take a look at the two screens above. It's nice to have a big castle but it looks so bland in long stretches, has a fanmade vibe.

Anyway, I just realized that I missed the two pet bosses in the Outskirts, so I'll have to finish them tomorrow, yay! \( ._.)/ If I can, I'll post a quick impressions post as well then. One thing I can say is, I yearn for Lordran ;)

Jawmuncher

200 hours. I could have done all of that in like 60. But in seriousness glad you had fun.
It might not be up to par to DS1, but it's still a worthwhile game to play at the end of the day.

eh no trust me ive "played" through a few. Some good, most bad. But me being a westerner in the US, even some of the better ones dont hold a candle to storys presented in games like TR or Fallout, IMO of course. That could b a translation or culture thing but i find most Eastern content these days lacking in the story area no matter the quality of gameplay.

Re: the bolded, where's the /s? I don't see it!? I mean, I haven't played FO4, but Tomb Raider's story has no substance whatsoever; it's "you'll want to protect her" with a neck-snapping swerve into Massive Action Game for the rest of it.

Play Analogue: A Hate Story and bow before its truly breathtaking storytelling skills. I guarantee you that your tastes aren't regionalised the way you seem to think.

Dsyndrome

And with that we have a solid wrap on the Dark Souls II saga. About 200 hours later, I finished every area and boss, vanilla and dlc.

The end bosses rectified Shulva as my favorite DLC. Especially the last boss showed me what the game lacked so painfully; memorable bosses which are not just humanoids. Ending DSII on this high-note makes me happy. Even though I don't know what else to do now... besides begging for Demon's Souls - Prepare 2 Die ( ._.)

Well actually the last area I finished were the Frigid Outskirts which tbh confused me more than disappoint. What in the actual is that supposed to serve I'll never understand.

During my short return to Eleum Loyce, I took a short stroll through the area and immediately remembered what irked me all the time. While there are some very nicely detailed structures, there is an overall feel of emptiness, nothingness in very big places.
Take a look at the two screens above. It's nice to have a big castle but it looks so bland in long stretches, has a fanmade vibe.

Anyway, I just realized that I missed the two pet bosses in the Outskirts, so I'll have to finish them tomorrow, yay! \( ._.)/ If I can, I'll post a quick impressions post as well then. One thing I can say is, I yearn for Lordran ;)

Fuck the Frigid Outskirts... How did you miss them? They're the culmination on that shitastic journey. The horses of hell are just the entrance.

Now go play Bloodborne and be platform agnostic. :)

And 200 Hours on NG? Fuck man...

yuraya

Even tho Valve is getting rid of dailies/flash deals I still think they'll do something fun during the Winter sale. Like some crazy new meta game that involves coupons or badges. Remember how last year few weeks b4 sale they did the Auction stuff. Maybe they'll elaborate further on it and do something similar again.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Playing History: Vikings : -- MB-45ECCA4D0B44DA0F - Taken by bigzgod
Playing History: Plague : -- MB-0BD0729B89516B9B - Taken by dave is ok
//SNOWFLAKE TATTOO// -- MB-162D08F9A457C140 - Taken by WinterDemons
Playing History 2 - Slave Trade -- MB-38D8E03DEB143130 - Taken by Jawmuncher

mneuro

Is anyone else having an issue connecting to steam? When I attempt to start steam it says "Fatal Error: Steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again."

It looks like some people are reporting this on the steam discussion forums as well.

Jawmuncher

Is anyone else having an issue connecting to steam? When I attempt to start steam it says "Fatal Error: Steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again."

It looks like some people are reporting this on the steam discussion forums as well.

Might just be a current server hiccup for logging in. It's still letting you log-in offline right?

Jawmuncher

It's a fresh install of steam, on a fresh OS install. No option for offline.

Ahhh ok, I recall having that issue in the past as well. Remember it just sort of fixing it self later on in the day. Hopefully the same happens here or the thread you're talking about has a fix soon.

Ozium

please tell me what the brothers karamazov or gravity's rainbow of visual novels is

also 999 and Ace Attorney aren't visual novels they are adventure games.

Grief.exe

Now go play Bloodborne and be platform agnostic. :)

Nah fam, can't justify a console for one game.

Even tho Valve is getting rid of dailies/flash deals I still think they'll do something fun during the Winter sale. Like some crazy new meta game that involves coupons or badges. Remember how last year few weeks b4 sale they did the Auction stuff. Maybe they'll elaborate further on it and do something similar again.

The clicker game was fun and unexpected. I was always a huge leach since I was always at work and couldn't set up a bot.

Dsyndrome

Steins;Gate is the epitome of VN, minus the otome stuff. I've played most nights for nearly an hour and I'm still not done, the tropes totally get in the way. I'll get the game if it ever
not likely
comes to Steam, but fuck this game is long the first time through.

Danganronpa 2 needs to come around as well, I've already been attached by this point in #1.

Grief.exe

With Persona 5 its two.

Persona 5 is also coming to PS3, and always a possibility to come to PC as well.

Plus, that's way far out. A console isn't an investment, it's a sunk cost.
I'll put the money in an actual investment and get some returns while I wait to justify the purchase.

please tell me what the brothers karamazov or gravity's rainbow of visual novels is

also 999 and Ace Attorney aren't visual novels they are adventure games.

I wouldnt compare VNs to timeless literal masterpieces, but besides things like the Sakura Games you have things like Cartagra, Ever17 and the corresponding games, Narcissu etc.

And those have often far better stories than your usual AAA-game in my opinion.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rack N Ruin -- MB-E8902C09C8D5FC35 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 13 entrants total.
Get Over Here -- MB-43F9365D7473E3A1 - Taken by Costa1774. 15 entrants total.
DISTRAINT -- MB-591CF278B1618087 - Taken by ExoSoul. 13 entrants total.
Sleep Attack -- MB-149B44D188CA157E - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 15 entrants total.
MechaNika -- MB-BD5E42D8FD51CF20 - Taken by redlacs. 10 entrants total.
Heckabomb -- MB-1D7A38EAE417A439 - Taken by Jalal. 7 entrants total.
Spellsworn -- MB-2C8A800D6D63C223 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 4 entrants total.

Replay: VHS is not dead -- MB-6F5B058B3B4468C1 - Taken by Vlad. 18 entrants total.
Adventure in the Tower of Flight -- MB-27D726CAFE635E45 - Taken by bigzgod. 15 entrants total.

t1448085681z1.png

Pre-empting Lashman on this, but behold:

You incarnate an evil witch on her path to become the scariest of them all, leaving nothing behind but villagers screaming to death! You choose your own way to achieve your goal by casting deadly spells, enchanting the environment or morphing yourself into terrible forms! Oh and whoever says witches says flying on a broomstick, you will of course be able to fly on your broomstick as well any time you want!

Apparently it was in the Halloween sale in spite of not being released(???)

Pre-empting Lashman on this, but behold:

You incarnate an evil witch on her path to become the scariest of them all, leaving nothing behind but villagers screaming to death! You choose your own way to achieve your goal by casting deadly spells, enchanting the environment or morphing yourself into terrible forms! Oh and whoever says witches says flying on a broomstick, you will of course be able to fly on your broomstick as well any time you want!

Apparently it was in the Halloween sale in spite of not being released(???)

"to become the scariest of them all"

Totally

U5XMp9C.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom