• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Sometimes, I don't understand people. Case in point from my recent ES announcement:

8SQDoX5.png

I'm often reminded of that gif Salsa made a long time ago for one of the Steam sales. "did you read the OP?" "i just wanna ask stuff"

Jazz573

Clannad in an old game that has had a fan translation available for a while. Asking 50$ for it is as stupid as if Square debuted the FFXIII games on Steam at the same price they debuted on console years ago just because.

While yes there was a translation it was a rather poorly done one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wonder have many people have sent undeserved hate mail to the guy from SG: Atlantis.

Dear Jason Momoa, if you're reading this: I'm so sorry. Nobody deserves that.

Lomax

There's probably legitimately at least one person out there who thinks Jason Momoa makes enhanced steam as some sort of side project, and that fact is infinitely amusing.

Stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Playing History: Vikings -- MB-8BF6F02D72EF7A77 - Taken by Lomax
Playing History: Plague -- MB-F4C7817836841B48 - Taken by madjoki
Playing History 2: Slave Trade -- MB-DB461BF305DDBCCB - Taken by Nabs

Are card drops taking longer for anyone else? I know there's the two hour thing but lately it seems like it takes at least three hours before I get the first drop.

Looks like upgrading does little for some stats, maybe if they are already maxed for that relic?
I upgraded some relics and it improved them, but just slightly.
A +15% Primal Hero Souls, -2% Hero Hiring and Level-Up cost, +3% Chances of Primal Bosses only gained a 1% for the Hero Hiring and Level-Up cost part.
The ones that had more gold from Treasure Chests or more gold from idling improved that stat with each upgrade.

My relics are mostly garbage. They max out at level 50 it looks like, so i'm just taking everything to 50.

Need to ascend more I guess.

I liked Digital myself...but the main appeal for me was "hey, free game." I'll have to see what the price is for Emily.

Which brings me to another question: why is it that on Steam, they don't tell you the price ahead of time before it unlocks? I'm not saying let me pre-order, but let me budget

Quoting myself so I can point out this game is released and it's free to play. So...no budget required. Go for it!

sprinkles

Man that Clannad price is something daring.. I'll probably skip it for now - having just finished reading 4/5 routes in Fruit of Grisaia I am not in the mood to start another 50 hours+ VN.

I just hope it sells enough. I really want Rewrite and other Key Visual Novels in Steam.

Jawmuncher

Won a Koei-Tecmo contest, was about to ask for a steam code but remembered how that would go. So went with a Atelier vita game, it's only fitting. Also I tried to get Dragon Quest but that was a no ho, Sqaure holds all the codes for that one.

Ubisoft made a change to their Ubisoft Club rewards...all wallpaper rewards are now free unlocks so you don't have to spend Uplay points to get them

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Thanks for your overwhelming support!

Thank you everyone for your support, feedback, questions and comments! #SaveBubsy has been bigger than we could have imagined.

We'll have another announcement soon answering some of your Frequently Asked Questions about #SaveBubsy, the Bubsy Two-Fur, and what the future may hold for that infamous Bobcat.

A brief answer to our most asked question to hold you over: Yes, this is real, and yes, Retroism's parent company Tommo, Inc. really does own Bubsy and Accolade.

Stay tuned for more soon!

Lain

Won a Koei-Tecmo contest, was about to ask for a steam code but remembered how that would go. So went with a Atelier vita game, it's only fitting. Also I tried to get Dragon Quest but that was a no ho, Sqaure holds all the codes for that one.

You should have gone with Deception.

Jawmuncher

You should have gone with Deception.

I have the Deception IV on vita and beat it. Would be nice to have a new PS4 game, but the nightmare princess content didn't seem worth the double dip. With atelier now I have all of the ones released on vita until Atelier Escha & Logy next year.

zkylon

zkylewd
talos principle is really good but it's really giving me motion sickness even if i lower all the motion sickness options

speaking of

i don't think i've ever seen a game with a better settings menu

like wow

Nabs

talos principle is really good but it's really giving me motion sickness even if i lower all the motion sickness options

speaking of

like wow

I don't know what did it exactly, but here's what I did to get through it: enabled 3rd person mode, slow walking, controller (important), and... put my resolution down to 720p. Still a great game, even if the engine makes me feel sick for some reason.

Lain

who cares about the new translation or lack therefore of

it's the awful CGs i wished they redid

Are you saying you don't find that art moe?

Fired up Emily is Away while Clicker Heroes was idling. I like it except for the fact that I gotta hit keys on the keyboard to simulate typing for the text of the message to get written, 1 letter at a time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

speaking of

like wow

Yeah, a ridiculous amount of settings is a Serious Engine staple dating back to ye olde Serious Sam. "If we set it, you can tweak it" is Croteam's equivalent to "If you see it, you can go there."

oipic

Oh, good - AnimeGAF is here, that's timely...

Gives me a slightly less shameless opportunity to cross-post from the BST thread - I have a copy of Tales of Zestiria to part with for $35 (PayPal), if any of you well-connected folks know anyone still seeking a copy.

Jazz573

Speaking of Ryuukishi07 tho, he was one of the writers of Rewrite, which is a Key VN. :p It's also widely considered one of their best games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom