• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purkake4

Banned
So apparently the autumn sale is supposed to happen next week. Can anyone give me the skinny on that, is it dailies + everything discounted like a summer/winter sale?

Asking because that Halloween sale was straight trash.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So apparently the autumn sale is supposed to happen next week. Can anyone give me the skinny on that, is it dailies + everything discounted like a summer/winter sale?

Seems like there won't be any dailies/flash deals this year (including christmas sale). Not sure if that is confirmed though?

Knurek

No dailies, just a different (or 'different', because I'll eat my hat if there's no promotion for Skyrim, Borderlands 2 or Alan Wake) games featured on main page every day. Discounts stay the same throughout the whole sale.
May also be some metagame, but devs that post here are bound by NDA, so we'll have to wait till Thursday for details.

Purkake4

Banned
No dailies, just a different (or 'different', because I'll eat my hat if there's no promotion for Skyrim, Borderlands 2 or Alan Wake) games featured on main page every day. Discounts stay the same throughout the whole sale.
May also be some metagame, but devs that post here are bound by NDA, so we'll have to wait till Thursday for details.
Thanks. Maybe the Steam thread could use some kind of a "sales timeline" in the OT as well for all the "standard" sales, I've been around for quite a few years and still don't remember all of them.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm not too far in though, I'm still rocking a a standard 10mm pistol with very limited ammo. But I'm getting 1-shotted here and there.

I probably shouldn't "brag" too much since I just played the game on normal for the first ~10 hours or so. Does the game ever ask you on which difficulty you want to play? I completely forgot that until somebody mentioned a higher difficulty here.

Hektor

header.jpg

It's like XCOM, but instead of building a base, you get a "choose your own adventure" like metagame.

It's also not one long campaign, but 8 small campaigns that are connected to each other story-wise.

The story is nothing remarkable, but also not annoying or bad.

The combat is solid and fun, if you enjoyed the XCOM Reboot for example you'll enjoy it here as well, altho the missions aren't as cool as in XCOM.

The metagame is cool, and contains many different features and choices that sometimes can make a big difference in how you approach a mission. Like adding a "set-up" phase where you can sneak without drawing the enemys attention on you to complete certain objectives before the combat starts or allowing you to get a drop on a few enemys getting you an advantage.

But expect some crashes and freezes. I've heard like 7 crashes playing this game, the most of them when starting the game, the rest when the transition between overworld and combat map happened, which is also the point where the game saves, so it's not bad or broken, just annoying.

Anyways, i recommened it, but maybe you want to wait for a patch.

Playtime has been 18 hours.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bout to see Brooklyn, let's get in on this JaseC lovefest ;)

I am Aeroplane Jelly. :(

t1455159600z0.png

The annoying thing about the release date is that the AU/NZ distributor of the film was the first to sign on, alongside Lionsgate. There is no excuse for it not releasing this year.

Jawmuncher

I'm sorry ExoSoul, Nekopara's story is shit.

I've said before the world of Nekopara is quite interesting. You basically have human/cat cloning and a race of people treated like pets/saves. Who are developed purposefully to have lower intelligence. If they ever wanted to make things dark and have a uprising the pieces are there.

Chariot

I've said before the world of Nekopara is quite interesting. You basically have human/cat cloning and a race of people treated like pets/saves. Who are developed purposefully to have lower intelligence. If they ever wanted to make things dark and have a uprising the pieces are there.
Stop ruining my light hearted cat girl stories

Caerith

I really hope there's a sequel that basically plays out like the Second Renaissance from the Animatrix.

I'd be interested in this.

I'd also be interested in a prequel where the first catgirl experiments are carried out on a remote island, but when a rival biotech firm's act of corporate espionage involves sabotaging the security that keeps the catgirls contained....

Milamber

I'd be interested in this.

I'd also be interested in a prequel where the first catgirl experiments are carried out on a remote island, but when a rival biotech firm's act of corporate espionage involves sabotaging the security that keeps the catgirls contained....

And it's mating season...

But it's a self-indulging male sex power fantasy with shit dialogue.

Ludens

Banned
Co-op did not save LP2. I played it with 3 of my tightest bros and we all agreed the game was still shit.

I miss LP2, but generally every game is better in coop. If the game is crap, well crap remains, but it's less crappy with coop, like DS3. I played that one with a friend and at least we had fun saying bullshits in and there, the game was deadly boring anyway.

I'm experimenting the same thing on LP3, but this time I'm alone.

I miss LP2, but generally every game is better in coop. If the game is crap, well crap remains, but it's less crappy with coop, like DS3. I played that one with a friend and at least we had fun saying bullshits in and there, the game was deadly boring anyway.

I'm experimenting the same thing on LP3, but this time I'm alone.
Dead Space 3 is trash, co op made a shit game evens shitter

Ludens

Banned
Dead Space 3 is trash, co op made a shit game evens shitter

We had a counter of how many times Isaac felt on the ground/from something.
It can be applied to LP3 too.
Oh, that one plus the switch counter...man, I played one hour I think I activated like 30 switches and fixed 20 broken things.
Sad thing is, I checked a guide and I'm barely half the game now.

Uplay's screenshots look rough.

Also, translating 'bottle' made me want to uninstall there and then. Ubi pls.
Never heard of that term before. Makes sense to translate though. There are plenty non-English players who play every game in native language, like me.

Late answer

jyVGisw.png

The red circle is your hitbox, you can see it when you hold the shoot button to get slower and concentrate your "options/satellites" like InfiniteNine said

Bullets them self also have a hitbox, only the inner core is deadly, but that varies a bit depending the bullet type thats coming at you :)

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom