• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnor

Banned
DplSj.gif

Ewoks are creepy.

I actually like them in Return of the Jedi.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok finished ep 6, i remembered most of it except lando's terrible acting lol

not sure i recommend watching these movies back to back, but i had some booze and no friends to play league with and no strength to go out, so i made an evening out of it

i'd say i liked ep 5 more than 6, and i still like 4 the best, but they're all pretty entertaining. lots of crazy spectacle and explosions and spaceships and ppl yelling at each other random computer nonsense aged pretty well with all the remasters and everything

seeing new anakin at the end kind of puts a sour note on the entire thing tho lol

i'm officially prepared for ep 7, not expecting much out of it but really excited all the same

ok finished ep 6, i remembered most of it except lando's terrible acting lol

not sure i recommend watching these movies back to back, but i had some booze and no friends to play league with and no strength to go out, so i made an evening out of it

i'm officially prepared for ep 7, not expecting much out of it but really excited all the same

To be fair Billy D plays a fantastic scumbag which fits Lando pretty well. It's almost as if he's just playing himself.

zkylon

zkylewd
To be fair Billy D plays a fantastic scumbag which fits Lando pretty well. It's almost as if he's just playing himself.
he was great in ep 5, in ep 6 when he's like a good guy or something he's pretty awful to the point i was laughing at loud whenever he spoke

he earned his laughs at least, if it was rolling my eyes bad acting i'd complain

Wv4lq1u.png

Piper waifu = happy laifu
gross

piper and weston are both the definition of desperate people i don't want in my life

they both forcibly join your forces even if you explicitly ask them not to

fuck off, you're both obnoxious and i can't wait for the mod that makes you killable

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

cmWEPrK.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-F33A943636D97E5F - Taken by Soulflarz

Ludens

Banned
So, do you remember I had problems with my connection? I phoned the company the other day and they increased my internet band with no costs, lol :D
Now I can download up to 800 kb/s from 450 kb/s I had for years.

Hektor

So, the trivia giveaway is still online? I want to know the answer goddamnit.

wat? there are 5 hour movies? jesus christ, I'd never watch something that long in one sitting. It would take me like 3 days or more to finish something that long

You'll really like love exposure.

do people hate the ewoks

i think they're adorable

I've watched both the ewok movies.
Hate ain't enough to describe me.
Somewhere between screaming and crying.

Tizoc

Good news for you then: WB has said they'll accept refunds from anyone until the end of this year. Whether you have played it for 30 minutes or 60 hours.

I'll e-mail them again on Monday/Tuesday, they didn't reply to my early e-mail. If I get a refund on at least the Season Pass, that'd be fine, even if it were in the form of Gaben Dollars.

Considering I have no job and haven't been called for a job interview since my last job (January) it seems I might be broke during February unless some magic juju happens.

Dang sorry to hear that man :(
Hope you find something soon.

do people hate the ewoks

i think they're adorable

I don't care about them TBH.
Gimme more Wookies doe, the Wookie Padawan from the Clone Wars cartoon was so cute.

Tizoc
Telltale Games
(Today, 03:13 PM)

I've had this mentality a few years after I started reading comics. It eventually extended to a few other things :V

Tizoc

I'ma just post GIFs from the best Star Wars related series
tumblr_m4y6tbaHSw1qcjvaio1_500.gif

5ZKijqD.jpg

tumblr_lsppncubQ21qj1wdro8_400.gif

tumblr_mxo9c75dZU1t6133fo1_500.gif

ydnYbnq.gif

These are old GIFs, let me know if I should WEBM them :x

Tizoc

those last two gifs are terrrible

he just shoves all the robots

where is the tension? where is the action? where is the cinematography? I'm disappointed.

Who gives a shit, it's Hokuto no Ken levels of a fighter beating the shit out of mooks.
Plus he's a Master Jedi Knight, the 'bots just got unlucky :V

I'ma just post GIFs from the best Star Wars related series

These are old GIFs, let me know if I should WEBM them :x

Heh, funny thing, due to this Star Wars talk, I was just reminiscing about Battlefront II's Heroes vs. Villains mode, which led to me remembering that Grievous was one of the OP characters in the mode, which further led to reminiscing about the Clone Wars shorts, when Grievous was this awesome cyborg ninja who could take on like 10 Jedi at once. Then Episode 3 released, and Grievous would just wheeze, bark orders, and run away. It was quite the disappointment.

Tizoc

Heh, funny thing, due to this Star Wars talk, I was just reminiscing about Battlefront II's Heroes vs. Villains mode, which led to me remembering that Grievous was one of the OP characters in the mode, which further led to reminiscing about the Clone Wars shorts, when Grievous was this awesome cyborg ninja who could take on like 10 Jedi at once. Then Episode 3 released, and Grievous would just wheeze, bark orders, and run away. It was quite the disappointment.

Heh yeah true.
In these kind of cases,it's best to associate a character with the series where they were best with and treat any 'nerfing' they get in another series as something separate :p

If only all action cartoons aspired to be like Samurai Jack.

I need to watch that someday, but I've seen enough shows over the years to know that their action is good and entertaining in their own way.

Lomax

It's hilarious to me that those shorts are still Star Wars canon when they are probably the least like actual SW of anything from that era. They are amusing, but they are like a child's power fantasy version of Star Wars.

zkylon

zkylewd
thing i noticed watching ep 5 and 6 again is how much darker than the prequels these movies are

and i don't mean thematically, just everything is more darkly lit, it's awesome but also makes space feel really spacey. they also spend a lot more time in space and in spaceships blowing up than doing dumb shit like in the prequels

i hope that's the direction they go with 7, it probably won't be, but that's what i hope

Tizoc

It's hilarious to me that those shorts are still Star Wars canon when they are probably the least like actual SW of anything from that era. They are amusing, but they are like a child's power fantasy version of Star Wars.

The shorts or rather 2003 series aren't canon actually.
Power fantasies are fun, and that's how I approach them.

Keep in mind that you're basing it off these GIFs, if you see the actual full DVDs you will see conflict etc., people just like to GIF the cool moments :p
Case in point
tumblr_inline_nqmukhyy2Q1qb4846_500.gif

EDIT: One more for good measure
4dc.gif

Lomax

The shorts or rather 2003 series aren't canon actually.
Power fantasies are fun, and that's how I approach them.

Keep in mind that you're basing it off these GIFs, if you see the actual full DVDs you will see conflict etc., people just like to GIF the cool moments

I'm pretty sure they are canon as they tell the story of how Palpatine gets abducted leading into the beginning of RotS.

Tizoc

I'm pretty sure they are canon as they tell the story of how Palpatine gets abducted leading into the beginning of RotS.

They removed it from the canon long time ago, you can check with the SW threads or community thread.

As is the events of the 3D Clone Wars show lead eventually to the events of Revenge of the Sith.

Monooboe

Damn, I'm at a point in Fallout 4 where I have to start choosing sides... can't I just be friends with everyone?
I believe the Institute can do the most good for the world but I also think the synths should be free and I think there is a need for the Minutemen... but seems the Railroad doesn't want me to be with the Minutemen and the Institute doesn't want me to be with the Railroad... So don't know who to side with...

In praise of Physical Based Rendering [PBR]
Hope this becomes standard for every game from now on. Most "next-gen" thing I know currently
I know it existed before, shush!
This seems appropriate to the current Star Wars discussion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4TX6x2WLgk
Hah, never heard of that show. Looks fun!
Hi morningbus :)
?
Is he's a silent poster, a watchful lurker, a Dark Morningbus?

Or is it just his birthday :)

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I played Mushihimesama a little and I'm a bit to confused to what your hitbox actually is placed because sometimes it felt I could be hit by a shot but it didn't hit, other times I thought I could pass without being hit but got hit by a shot. Can anyone recommend a guide for it?

Well I don't know a guide but if you hold the regular shot button you'll slow down and reveal your hitbox, so that'll help give you an idea of where it is.

Late answer

jyVGisw.png

The red circle is your hitbox, you can see it when you hold the shoot button to get slower and concentrate your "options/satellites" like InfiniteNine said

Bullets them self also have a hitbox, only the inner core is deadly, but that varies a bit depending the bullet type thats coming at you :)

Tizoc

I know I made a giveaway of Mushihimesama, but I played the game on Novice on my iPad and damn it was so good.
At the very least I did my part in helping its sales ;P

Tizoc

Just Cause 3 PS4 is out over here, despite how much good stuff I heard about it, after Arkham Knight I may want to take a break from Open world-like games :p
Which is irionic as I've played 3 Musou style games with short week breaks between them XP

Benedict

I only ever take Dogmeat with me. If a game gives me a dog, I will choose the dog. Every. Time.

I've only had the dog so far, but he's very annoying.
Panting and the noise when he walks is annoying. Wish I could teach him a trick to be quiet.
Might try somebody else just because ot this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom