• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

A New Hope is 2:04

Empire Strikes Back is 2:07

My point was that lots of films are that long. How long is the average anime episode?

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya anime movie is 2 hours and 44 minutes long.
When is that movie hitting Steam? I long for the day where I can watch my favorite animes on Steam.

Caerith

i honestly wish most movies were shorter in general

i feel like there's rarely a reason to make movies longer than hour and a half

like i'm not saying apocalypse now should've been shorter or whatever, and i've watched a bunch of 4/5 hour movies and i'm ok with them, but at the same time i think 2hrs being the norm is longer than i think should be

90 minutes is standard. Longer is fine as long as they're paced appropriately. Lawrence of Arabia is 227 minutes (3 hours 47 minutes) and feels fine, whereas shorter films can feel like they drag because they're just not paced well.

There's nothing wrong with the pacing in Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, or Return of the Jedi.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya anime movie is 2 hours and 44 minutes long.
When is that movie hitting Steam? I long for the day where I can watch my favorite animes on Steam.

When are movies getting cards?

Pachimari

Apparently the dude who plays Punisher in Daredevil season 2 did so well that now he's getting his own show too. The Punisher is fucking rad so im excited for that

Yeah the rumor is that Punisher will be getting his own series instead of Iron Fist and Iron Fist will potentially get a movie instead. All leading up to a Defenders series.
None of this is true though.

Marvel is interested in the character Punisher but they haven't made any choices as to if he should get his own series. They have said it is way too early to look at that.

The other thing is, that the Iron Fist TV movie rumor was made up. Marvel is still working on his Netflix show.

zkylon

zkylewd
Since we're talking about long movies, I just watched Apocalypse Now Redux for the first time. Wow thats a great movie but three hours made me split it in half between yesterday and today
yea i heard that's not the version to watch, either

i rewatched regular apoc now not long ago and movie's still great

90 minutes is standard. Longer is fine as long as they're paced appropriately. Lawrence of Arabia is 227 minutes (3 hours 47 minutes) and feels fine, whereas shorter films can feel like they drag because they're just not paced well.

There's nothing wrong with the pacing in Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, or Return of the Jedi.
yeah like i said i just wish they were shorter because i prefer shorter movies

Zky I don't think anyone is outraged. Just a clear case of things changing just like you said.
Since games do change a lot through the development and touched up screens and videos has been commonplace for awhile.
Doesn't mean people have to like it, but not like there's anything any of us can really do. It's sort of like the witcher "downgrade".
Game is still good, but people can still be upset over the false advertising. But at the end of the say they should still play it if it's something they could enjoy.

Optimization is always the last step of development and since Fallout 4 currently has issues running at a decent frame rate on mid range pcs and console, I can see why they cut those effects back.

This downgrade isn't as bad as say Watch Dogs.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just finished Gat out of Hell, after starting it during my Extra Life stream a few weeks ago. The game is really short, but also really great. Lots of Saint's Row charm.

I just finished Gat out of Hell, after starting it during my Extra Life stream a few weeks ago. The game is really short, but also really great. Lots of Saint's Row charm.

I think this is the first time I've seen someone praise Gat Out Of Hell... for anything. I was under the impression it was a lame collection of minigames and side-events with little actual substance. (Basically, a Saint's Row without the story missions.)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think this is the first time I've seen someone praise Gat Out Of Hell... for anything. I was under the impression it was a lame collection of minigames and side-events with little actual substance. (Basically, a Saint's Row without the story missions.)

There are story missions but their's honestly pretty scant. While most of the "content" in Gat is side-mission stuff, it's really not too bad. I played for about 4 hours total so it's not really long, but I liked it for what it was.

This Saint's Row talk has somehow given me a SRIV booster pack. It must be my lucky day.
There are story missions but their's honestly pretty scant. While most of the "content" in Gat is side-mission stuff, it's really not too bad. I played for about 4 hours total so it's not really long, but I liked it for what it was.

Oh, I forgot it was so short. That would explain a lot.

The thing I can't get over is the removal of character creation. It really makes the series for me.
I mean, look at this guy; he's irreplaceable:
3D8D2A386ED9E669A3ACBB7702D810EEB0688E05

Mikurden

i honestly wish most movies were shorter in general
"No good movie is too long and no bad movie is short enough." - Roger Ebert

WTF at this episode 4 and 5 stuff. How old are some of you?
I guess it is a bit harder to follow when people type ep 5 instead of just ESB, but it was, of course, always episode 5, so this doesn't necessarily give away anyone's age.

For me Star Wars has always been more about it's universe than it's films for me.
I've enjoyed a lot of games set within it, even before seeing the films (still haven't seen 6).
If anything I think a big chunk is that us younger folk expect more jedi fights and action, which is not what 4 and 5 necessarily are. Episode 1 has more enjoyable action than those films. But thats just a case of the era and budget on those films.
Well, episode 1 has the duel with Darth Maul, which is just about the only thing in the entire prequel trilogy that is as enjoyable as the best stuff in the original films, but otherwise, no. It's really not a case of the era and budget of those films; I think it's more a case of the era you grew up in and the films that shaped you. It's been really interesting reading reactions from people who first saw these films as adults (and in Hero Prinny's case, just today), although it also can't help but feel odd and a bit hard to get my head around. I'm assuming you'll watch the last film before the new one comes out, as you should. On a somewhat related note, if anyone hasn't seen the original 3 Indiana Jones films, you really should.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There actually are some videos with cards, all the Wakfu videos have cards and so does the Double Fine documentary. I wonder if Devolver will add cards to any of their movies ever.

I eagerly await the first movie with a card drop time of two hours.

I eagerly await the first movie with a card drop time of two hours.

There's no refunds on streaming videos, so I wonder if they could relax the two hour thing on them. It'd be real annoying trying to get all the drops on a video that's only 15 minutes long.

Shade

A few extras, enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 42 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Summoner -- MB-50DD3F2F5D080CB7 - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
SURGEON SIMULATOR 2013 -- MB-5645265E6CE1BF72 - Taken by criesofthepast. 1 entrants total.
Cubesis -- MB-8BC4444EDF337B1C - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-94DD4AF46A405B4D - Taken by fertygo. 1 entrants total.
The Ingenious Machine New and Improved Edition -- MB-E32EC8315B0D2450 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
DARK -- MB-5D243E2A15C5EE55 - Taken by FLD. 1 entrants total.
space Warp -- MB-C444023D0C0B0862 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Game Tycoon 1.5 -- MB-8C83CDA7D87FAF16 - Taken by NingenJanai. 1 entrants total.
INHERIT THE EARTH QUEST FOR THE ORB -- MB-47EBB0BE048C57A0 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 1 entrants total.
JAGGED ALLIANCE 2 WILDFIRE -- MB-08820BCBDA3CC97F - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
TRIBLASTER -- MB-0B268672F0123ECC - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
DOCTOR WHO THE ADVENTURE GAMES -- MB-035F47311910C318 - Taken by Mikurden. 3 entrants total.
PARANORMAL STATE -- MB-2FDE7385B2CD16E1 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Chronology -- MB-8D6B581B8FA052A9 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Z -- MB-FF7A0FCDC9FBC191 - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
TEX MURPHY MARTIAN MEMORANDUM -- MB-610D097C3C773640 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
MINER WARS ARENA -- MB-980BBA458E453498 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 1 entrants total.
CINDERS -- MB-A2D0BD6BA40F78BB - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
KNIGHTSHIFT -- MB-A1BCE2E857840A8F - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
Cubot -- MB-B3B8242757798F70 - Taken by jediyoshi. 1 entrants total.
Silence of the Sleep -- MB-789CDA58555DCEDB - Taken by cardinalmind. 1 entrants total.
GORKY 17 -- MB-1193C850E630B22F
DUNGEON OF ELEMENTS -- MB-DA61798F83F0E3EA - Taken by Hektor. 1 entrants total.

Biglands A Game Made By Kids -- MB-F24979EC13DE0964 - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
1953 NATO vs Warsaw Pact -- MB-02463E73D33D1B21 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Super Toy Cars -- MB-1090EEC338132AA3 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
ELVEN LEGACY -- MB-86603067275577EA - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-5AFADE4D8AB8B6DA - Taken by Jalal. 1 entrants total.
TRIBLOOS 2 -- MB-C48D7F9B31863B8F - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Sweet lily dreams -- MB-91AD4A2228914296 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
DEEP DUNGEONS OF DOOM -- MB-D6749AD0E35178E7 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
4 PM -- MB-44FD742AF2B14AC1 - Taken by Haunted. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
final Slam 2 -- MB-DF8299A8253099AF - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
DUNGEONS THE EYE OF DRACONUS -- MB-48F31D6630665180 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
QUEST OF DUNGEONS -- MB-5640B5FAEA1B9DCE - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Making History II The War of the World -- MB-E12A15A221802A31 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-C6D6598307A1566C - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
biglands -- MB-89600C81F34D1039 - Taken by GERGiEV. 2 entrants total.
Psichodelya -- MB-43987B21739B3233 - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.
ClusterPuck 99 -- MB-1F5A863E46788C9F - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
CALL OF CTHULHU THE WASTED LAND -- MB-A8F67934CC220571 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 1 entrants total.
FIST OF AWESOME -- MB-841D2D091BBFCB74 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.

t1448177609z1.png

EdmondD

I was really looking forward to Talos Principle. Game seems really great. It wouldn't run on my pos PC though and I had to refund it. The system requirements are really modest too. It sucks when pretty much every modern game won't run on my PC. Would love to try Witcher 3, Dying Light, Fallout 4, Mad Max, Batman AK, Killing Floor 2, etc. Can't afford an upgrade right now though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I was really looking forward to Talos Principle. Game seems really great. It wouldn't run on my pos PC though and I had to refund it. The system requirements are really modest too. It sucks when pretty much every modern game won't run on my PC. Would love to try Witcher 3, Dying Light, Fallout 4, Mad Max, Batman AK, Killing Floor 2, etc. Can't afford an upgrade right now though.

Time to buy a PS4. ;)

EdmondD

I want one badly. I want to play Bloodbourne and the inevitable Last of Us 2: We really are the last of us electric boogaloo. Can't afford that either. It's cool though. I have patience. Even thinking of eventually getting one of those Alienware Alphas I dig the console like design though they seem a bit underpowered and of course it's always better to build your own PC. I'm still rocking a Geforce 8800 GT. Everybody point and laugh at me. Hell of a card though in it's time.

I want one badly. I want to play Bloodbourne and the inevitable Last of Us 2: We really are the last of us electric boogaloo. Can't afford that either. It's cool though. I have patience. Even thinking of eventually getting one of those Alienware Alphas I dig the console like design though they seem a bit underpowered and of course it's always better to build your own PC. I'm still rocking a Geforce 8800 GT. Everybody point and laugh at me. Hell of a card though in it's time.

No shame in still using the 8800. Those were some good cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom