• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Never heard of that term before. Makes sense to translate though. There are plenty non-English players who play every game in native language, like me.

Oh for sure. I appreciate that, just as I'd appreciate the same if Ezio used some specifically Italian idioms and terms.

As a native Brit though (drinking Earl Grey and complaining about the weather as we speak) it didn't need translation and actually took me out of the game for a moment. Some sort of toggle would solve that problem I suppose.

Jawmuncher

I would have thought they were talking about a literal bottle and just related it to them calling them babies. Which thus equals about the same thing.

dex3108

Uplay's screenshots look rough.

Then don't use UPlay screenshot feature :D You can add AC Syndicate on Steam and use Steam screenshot feature.

BTW while we are talking about ACS screens here are couple of mines :D

22841017169_7f8b9e5868_o.png
22581892103_c2c6efc671_o.png
22814901267_c12bbc9d9e_o.png

22841138379_f18a8d3df2_o.png
23183256636_be9aecaf3a_o.png
22814997207_c7a4b492d8_o.png

23183064656_88090fec3c_o.png
22814977847_a0561fc8ac_o.png
22814918637_2bfb0c1104_o.png

Damn this game looks good at night.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

This is easily the worst perk requirement in the game. It's not drift into a corner 75 times but rather five corners 75 times. There's a square park in The Strand that's ideal for dealing with the requirement, but with 375 corners in total and roughly eight seconds between each, you're still looking at almost an hour of mindless carriage driving.

This is easily the worst perk requirement in the game. It's not drift into a corner 75 times but rather five corners 75 times. There's a square park in The Strand that's ideal for dealing with the requirement, but with 375 corners in total and roughly eight seconds between each, you're still looking at almost an hour of mindless carriage driving.

What do you get out of it?

GaussTek

I'ma just post GIFs from the best Star Wars related series
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4y6tbaHSw1qcjvaio1_500.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5ZKijqD.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsppncubQ21qj1wdro8_400.gif[IMG]
[img]https://49.media.tumblr.com/85550876a8e90af08cd48bbcc9ef41be/tumblr_mxo9c75dZU1t6133fo1_500.gif[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/ydnYbnq.gif[img]
[/QUOTE]

Yep, seriously, Genndy Tartakovsky did an splendid job there.

The sad part is that almost none of my friends remember/watched that one, just the newer CGI one :(

Knurek

Well, Game of Pointless DeathsThrones done.

Telltale should bloody well stop with cliffhanger endings. Each and every game so far, each bloody game. Enough's enough

Well, Game of Pointless DeathsThrones done.

Telltale should bloody well stop with cliffhanger endings. Each and every game so far, each bloody game. Enough's enough
I agree. I hate cliff hanger endings for anything. It's distasteful and doesnt allow the product to stand on its own. I want a complete fucking story, by introducing a cliff hanger you fuck up your ending

Monooboe

Anyone have this mouse?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CJD4HD2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It will ship to Canada for $6

I had the G5 for years and loved it, but now it is wonky and randomly stops working.

I have it, it's quite good for that price. The only thing I don't quite like is that it feels fragile. I actually broke it once but thankfully got to exchange it. In normal non "battlefield 4 rage fueled"-use it should be just fine.:D

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mmm as a whole I really loved The Evil Within season pass. Even the Executioner stuff was pretty entertaining (though fuck that final Torment). I'm definitely very interested in sequel.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Mmm as a whole I really loved The Evil Within season pass. Even the Executioner stuff was pretty entertaining (though fuck that final Torment). I'm definitely very interested in sequel.

Yup, I thought Evil Within's Season Pass was definitely worth it. Some were upset the Kidman DLC stuff didn't focus on combat and more stealth, and Keeper's DLC is more of an arcade boss rush type thing, but I found all three to be fun, all three do provide new experiences that don't retread too much over the main campaign, and easily added another 7-12 hours to the game.

I am curious how they will handle the sequel with the love/hate reception and with a new engine other than idTech5 hopefully.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yup, I thought Evil Within's Season Pass was definitely worth it. Some were upset the Kidman DLC stuff didn't focus on combat and more stealth, and Keeper's DLC is more of an arcade boss rush type thing, but I found all three to be fun, all three do provide new experiences that don't retread too much over the main campaign, and easily added another 7-12 hours to the game.

I am curious how they will handle the sequel with the love/hate reception and with a new engine other than idTech5 hopefully.
That's weird, I loved the change in gameplay focus. Don't get me wrong, headshotting fools as Sebastien is great, but the way they handled things here felt fresh and unique. It made Kidman finally grabbing that shotgun so much more meaningful too haha.

Also, fuck The Evil Within haters. They don't deserve this game.

Jawmuncher

Still think the Evil Within was just alright. It never felt focused enough with its ideas to me. Though it did have its moments still.

I really liked TeW but I'm gonna need the season pass to hit a lower price.
Money's tight. Shame, because I'm curious to check it out.
Focus on stealth has me worried though, it wasn't great in the campaign.

Kriken

Still think the Evil Within was just alright. It never felt focused enough with its ideas to me. Though it did have its moments still.

I feel like it tried too hard to be Resident Evil 4 2.0 and just never had the same atmosphere imo. The burning of bodies idea was cool, but outside of that one time early in the game, I can't think of a moment where that mechanic was very useful. Still a solid game though

I'll be honest with you, I get scared easily with first person camera for some reason
I feel you but I can't imagine it'll work for Stalker very well. A lot of the shooting in the game is very precise and you need to be able to quickly aim in and out of sights. Hopefully it'll let you enjoy such a grand series though!

Vibranium

Banned

Very true, I liked how they did something different with the DLC. The tension is a lot greater in The Assignment and The Consequence as a result. In a sequel I kind of would like to see inventory management like RE4, though that's just me. And more weapon customization would be cool.

On a related note, Jackie Earle Haley did an AMA on reddit, love that guy, one of my favorite actors.

Anteater

I feel you but I can't imagine it'll work for Stalker very well. A lot of the shooting in the game is very precise and you need to be able to quickly aim in and out of sights. Hopefully it'll let you enjoy such a grand series though!

yeah maybe i'll just use it for exploring, I don't mind shooting stuff in first person!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom