• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Playing Prototype
ED269B15BF337D1E74B61475BBFCD962D2A9A677

47C1549A5E6B32804134A165FA1A8BEDC52D4E2F
Fraps shows I'm running it at 60 FPS.
It's OK so far, but seems I need to finish some side stuff to unlock more abilities :/
This totally looks like a PS2 game made into a PS360 era one.
Still can't fault it for giving that genocidal maniac vibe.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
is AC Syndicate worth $18
I jokingly asked $18 in BST thinking no one would ever even take that up.

But someone PMd me
y/n

London is rather small for an open world setting (think Constantinople rather than Rome or Paris), but all things considered it's probably the most mechanically and structurally sound open world game Ubi has made thus far. Most changes are for the better, however I really do hate that you can no longer manually jump as it leads to some frustrating random stops when traversing rooftops.

Soulflarz

Banned
London is rather small for an open world setting, but all things considered it's probably the most mechanically and structurally sound open world game Ubi has made thus far. Most changes are for the better, however I really do hate that you can no longer manually jump as it leads to some frustrating random stops when traversing rooftops.

Wait....you can't manually jump?
WHY
WHYY

JaseC

Wait....you can't manually jump?
WHY
WHYY

One too many stupid people complained about accidentally jumping to their deaths. :( Funnily enough, though, I've accidentally jumped to my death in Syndicate (I went into a dive and hit a jetty instead of the water).

Dr Dogg

London is rather small for an open world setting, but all things considered it's probably the most mechanically and structurally sound open world game Ubi has made thus far. Most changes are for the better, but I really do hate that you can no longer manually jump as it leads to some frustrating random stops when traversing rooftops.

What I've noticed that if you come to a ledge or obstical and your are holding the wrong transition button (freerun up or freerun down) you won't transfer immediately to the next object but wobble in place or stop dead and place your hands on the object. Problem is some of them look naturally look like the opposite and other objects that are of the same height behave differently. For example in Jacob's opening segement as you get outside there's pipes and boxes you can slide over using freerun down but wire spools which while the same height unless you have freerun up held you'll stop when you hit them.

Rooftops and chimney transfers are also like this and to an extent Unity behaved the same but there's far more geomentary 'clutter' in Syndicate that I think it gets confused a bit more easily.

Soulflarz

Banned
One too many stupid people complained about accidentally jumping to their deaths. :( Funnily enough, though, I've accidentally jumped to my death in Syndicate (I went into a dive and hit a jetty instead of the water).

Weird. I dunno, having played every AC besides china and lberation (which I'm suffering through now), I'd have to say it's on you for dying at this point.

dex3108

I still need to experience need for manual jump in ACS. Parkour Up and Parkour Down work nicely this time. But again few days ago i saw comment or i heard somewhere that it would be better if Ubi would make climbing 3+ button processes (one button are hands, second one legs third one jump or something like that) and i just rolled my eyes. 90% of players in that case would just stick to the ground (me included and i like challenge).

I still need to experience need for manual jump in ACS. Parkour Up and Parkour Down work nicely this time. But again few days ago i saw comment or i heard somewhere that it would be better if Ubi would make climbing 3+ button processes (one button are hands, second one legs third one jump or something like that) and i just rolled my eyes. 90% of players in that case would just stick to the ground (me included and i like challenge).

I'd be pretty interested in a "serious" parkour sim using a setup like that, but even more complicated. Get some triggers involved maybe.

JaseC

What I've noticed that if you come to a ledge or obstical and your are holding the wrong transition button (freerun up or freerun down) you won't transfer immediately to the next object but wobble in place or stop dead and place your hands on the object. Problem is some of them look naturally look like the opposite and other objects that are of the same height behave differently. For example in Jacob's opening segement as you get outside there's pipes and boxes you can slide over using freerun down but wire spools which while the same height unless you have freerun up held you'll stop when you hit them.

Rooftops and chimney transfers are also like this and to an extent Unity behaved the same but there's far more geomentary 'clutter' in Syndicate that I think it gets confused a bit more easily.

Yeah, I've bumped into my fair share of things due to misinterpreting the permitted traversal mode, haha.

I've encountered many instances where I really should be able to jump to the next building but can't as the game wants me to use the rope launcher instead. It's also annoying when I can jump to the next building but instead of leaping to the roof I just sort of hop down to a window box. Unity controlled fine as far as I'm concerned, windows included.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Also as a NPC in Mass Effect 3. Which actually irritated me somewhat, seeing as they were willing to spend all that work to have her as a NPC in the game but they couldn't be bothered to model or show Tali as other than a photoshopped stockphoto... yeah I was a huge Tali fan.XD

Mass Effect talk tho
0e9.gif

Monooboe

So in AC Unity, I'm on top of the Notre-dame and I keep hearing this vague whistling sounds, way too long since I played the first time and can't really remember what it means, I've looked around and can't seem to find any collectibles.

dex3108

I'd be pretty interested in a "serious" parkour sim using a setup like that, but even more complicated. Get some triggers involved maybe.

Separate game sure, but not in AC game. That kind of game would require patience and it would have difficult learning curve so payoff for learning difficult moves should be big. There should be some rhythm in that system sou you can learn it easier. And that game wouldn't be big and mainstream for sure so i don;t think that we will ever see something similar.

Soulflarz

Banned
So in AC Unity, I'm on top of the Notre-dame and I keep hearing this vague whistling sounds, way too long since I played the first time and can't really remember what it means, I've looked around and can't seem to find any collectibles.

Isn't that Viewpoint+Leap of Faith?

Playing Prototype

Fraps shows I'm running it at 60 FPS.
It's OK so far, but seems I need to finish some side stuff to unlock more abilities :/
This totally looks like a PS2 game made into a PS360 era one.
Still can't fault it for giving that genocidal maniac vibe.
I enjoyed it back on the PS3. It is a lot of mindless fun.

Hektor

I've just bought 3 Star Wars tickets, 18€ each. And they don't even include a coke or Nachos or anything. I know why im usually just waiting for Blu-Ray releases.

Zero Suit Sam doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
You do have options. They take control for the first 10 minutes and then its all you, dude.

It's a failure of imagination that Bethesda shouldn't be caught up on. To elaborate more would just walk into a spoiler minefield. You're supposed to be anyone in those games, but instead they've decided "hey, you're this."

I'll elaborate here (huge Fallout 4 spoilers):
having a 'traditional' marriage with a child of your own, not adopted, is the only way Bethesda feels that players will feel invested in the family they show you for the first ten minutes, and this child's existence is crucial for a late-game twist, not to mention the driving point of the plot, as I understand it.
It's essentially Bethesda saying "pretend whatever you like, but we know how things really are."

zkylon

zkylewd
Why is it bullshit? The intro is less than an hour and once you start the real game you can go fuck a fucked up robot for all they care. Such an odd thing to complain about
well tbh it's not so bad since fo4 is barely an rpg but if it was actually an rpg then having to force ur character to be straight or believe in marriage or anything like that is pretty bad

Game is trash in the end so it doesn't matter anyway, dood.

EDIT: What if Samus were a man?
fb25fb02c6.gif

I take it.

thats lazy. I'm actually really against taking existing characters and swapping their gender just for the sake of it. Just make a new character and let it exist as itself instead of trying to take someone else's identity.

@Lurker, This is nothing new, in fallout 3 they basically show you how you was raised (I didn't check out your spoilers btw, I'm not done with the game). Even in New Vegas which is made by a different dev took some control over your character's back story by making him or her the one that delivered the package that destroyed The Divide.

Dsyndrome

Here's a stranger on the bus:
ferrandi_shot.png

-------
Nice having family in town this weekend, but why's it always gotta be at the busiest time of year either school or work-wise? Also, no games minus clickers at all.

redlacs

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bobley -- MB-A0CCAB2F1FB5F308 - Taken by Purkake4

zkylon

zkylewd
@Lurker, This is nothing new, in fallout 3 they basically show you how you was raised (I didn't check out your spoilers btw, I'm not done with the game). Even in New Vegas which is made by a different dev took some control over your character's back story by making him or her the one that delivered the package that destroyed The Divide.
it's very different since u can actually roleplay quite meaningfully within the things that are preset like being a courier or the divide stuff. even in new vegas when ulysses criticizes for things your character did in their past life the whole reason it works it's because it mirrors the kind of things you've been doing as a player all the way until then. ulysses is talking to your character but also to you as a player. it's really well done and plays really well with rpg tropes and roleplaying, and you can roleplay how your character feels about what you're accussed of and what you've done. does your character care? is your character seeking for redemption? do you want revenge? or do you want to forget? or whatever

here you're given a kid and a husband and forced to go MY BABYYYYY every now and then because beth can't write or design for shit

in fo4 it makes sense cos everyone has a dad. not everyone is straight, believes in marriage or having kids, and it's limiting in a game that's supposed to be about roleplaying. its only saving grace is that fallout 4 is such an awful rpg that it doesn't matter since nothing really matters i guess

Can someone explain to me why Amazon dropped the ball so hard when it comes to Digital sales?

I'm checking my amazon library and, surprised, I haven't bought a game there since 2 years ago.

xGreg

Hey guys. Some spares. Enjoy it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xGreg, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blood of Old -- MB-5CF612EB653EC432 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Gorky 17 -- MB-A32353DA611357AB - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Men of War: Condemned Heroes -- MB-5670693545183C10 - Taken by WinterDemons. 4 entrants total.
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-0F4D3A00D983E450 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
Reign: Conflict of Nations -- MB-537E07EC14F00E6F - Taken by GERGiEV. 4 entrants total.
Ruzh Delta Z -- MB-4967A110DD903D35 - Taken by Knurek. 1 entrants total.
Real Warfare: 1242 -- MB-07E3ECE4BAAD020D - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Vessel -- MB-F999B2204A907754 - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.
RENA - Clash of Champions -- MB-DB4A802AB102A789 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Reign: Conflict of Nations was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1448240191z1.png

it's very different since u can actually roleplay quite meaningfully within the things that are preset like being a courier or the divide stuff. even in new vegas when ulysses criticizes for things your character did in their past life the whole reason it works it's because it mirrors the kind of things you've been doing as a player all the way until then. ulysses is talking to your character but also to you as a player. it's really well done and plays really well with rpg tropes and roleplaying, and you can roleplay how your character feels about the whole. does your character care? is your character seeking for redemption? do you want revenge? or do you want to forget? or whatever

here you're given a kid and a husband and forced to go MY BABYYYYY every now and then because beth can't write or design for shit

in fo4 it makes sense cos everyone has a dad. not everyone is straight, believes in marriage or having kids, and it's limiting in a game that's supposed to be about roleplaying. its only saving grace is that fallout 4 is such an awful rpg that it doesn't matter since nothing really matters i guess
So... What you're saying is that ulysses is dope and you want obsidean to make a new fallout? Cause if you are i tottally agree with you on both those statements.

Yeah, establishing origins in RPGs is tricky to do right. Railroading is something that should be avoided, because it presupposes things about the character that could very well be contradictory or dissonant to the character you (want to) make. It gets even trickier if you want to tie their backstory into the plot somehow; play KotOR if you want to know how to do it right.

Actually thinking about it, Bioware's entire career has been making RPGs with backstories and origins relevant to their games. In that respect they've been pretty successful, I think, even in their worst games. (i.e. Dragon Age 2.) The Mass Effect series is probably their worst work in this regard, due to how ME2 is handled.
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Bobley -- MB-A0CCAB2F1FB5F308 - Taken by Purkake4
Whoever wins this, don't forget to join the unofficial Bobley Fandom Group.
Can someone explain to me why Amazon dropped the ball so hard when it comes to Digital sales?

I'm checking my amazon library and, surprised, I haven't bought a game there since 2 years ago.

US only is rather limiting in regards to growth and competition.

Jawmuncher

Amazon Tony was moved to a new department and I suppose Amazon higher just figured it's not worth the trouble of trying to stay competitive.

US only is rather limiting in regards to growth and competition.

They're shit now in the US as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom