• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Monokuma is the best villain from a Japanese (developed) video game of the past 10 years, you both hate AND love him.
sJwSk8s.png

EaKT6ft.jpg

xmnubgP.jpg

P8RQ8ZN.jpg

Ebzp3g5.jpg

tumblr_mqw2d2IoJE1r4lge8o1_500.gif

9lMFtaG.png

tS2vDyx.png

Hektor

What drives me really mad about Monokuma is, that there ain't any good figurines of him to buy. Like wtf man, the one single, time i want to buy a figure as deco there ain't one.

The only thing available is some shitty nendroid and a chiaki one that is too lewd for me as i don't want to give up completely on dates.

Deques

Has anyone bought the latest IndieGala monday bundle?
Do the links to each game in the bundle page go to incorrect steam store page? I wonder if the steam keys are also swapped

Danganronpa games were worth buying a Vita for. I liked 1 more than 2 though.

I'm counting on that because it's one of the main reasons I just bought a Vita. Now waiting for a friend to ship his copies over to me. Starting out on a new platform from scratch is an expensive affair to say the least.

Tizoc

I'm counting on that because it's one of the main reasons I just bought a Vita. Now waiting for a friend to ship his copies over to me. Starting out on a new platform from scratch is an expensive affair to say the least.

Like various Visual Novels it feels as if it starts slow but this is the way the game eases you into its setting and characters.
From there it starts going south for the characters real fast :p

With the sales sony has been doing on PSN you can build up a library really fast.
Gravity Rush has been on sale for less than $1 for example and it's one of the best games on the system. Uncharted went for $3.50 recently.
PSone and PSP classics become dirt cheap with a good discount.
P4G, for many the best game on the Vita, is constantly on sale, sometimes hitting $15. Insane value.
Wait for the PSN Christmas sale to grab stuff.

Like various Visual Novels it feels as if it starts slow but this is the way the game eases you into its setting and characters.
From there it starts going south real fast.

That's cool. There's no way I'm going to put it down after hearing so many good things about it over the years. Plus I'm a huge fan of Spike Chunsoft after playing 999 last year and VLR earlier this summer.

I'm gonna have a shitty day today.
Right now I'm just browsing the net to distract myself but I'm going to court later today.
It's a really long story but basically I did something that isn't legal to help out a bunch of people and also save the company I was working for at the time. It was supposed to work out in the end and resolve itself without actually becoming an issue but alas, it didn't, and now I have to answer for it.
I've spent every second of the last 10 months thinking about this moment. My lawyer said it's nothing to get so worked up about but I'm the kind of person who is always dwelling on his problems and imagining the absolute worse case scenarios for everything.

So wish me luck guys.

Arthea

Not getting CLANNAD until it's bellow 20€, even then I'm not sure, not a fan, but not that I hate it, still almost 50€! whoa.
If they redid all art, I would somewhat understand it, now that price is simply incomprehensible.

Deques

Not getting CLANNAD until it's bellow 20€, even then I'm not sure, not a fan, but not that I hate it, still almost 50€! whoa.
If they redid all art, I would somewhat understand it, now that price is simply incomprehensible.

Translation from Japanese to English for some games is probably expensive...

Dr Dogg

Well got a reply that was more coherent than I thought from Ubisoft support regards to a few issues with AC Syndicate. Though those of you hoping for a simple 'fix' to cloth physics/animations I wouldn't hold your breath. I'd also send in a support ticket yourself to exacerbate the issue as I get the feeling from the answer I got this is going to take a couple more messages and a bit more explaining but hope the answer I got isn't what I think it means.

Monooboe

Right now I'm just browsing the net to distract myself but I'm going to court later today.
It's a really long story but basically I did something that isn't legal to help out a bunch of people and also save the company I was working for at the time. It was supposed to work out in the end and resolve itself without actually becoming an issue but alas, it didn't, and now I have to answer for it.
I've spent every second of the last 10 months thinking about this moment. My lawyer said it's nothing to get so worked up about but I'm the kind of person who is always dwelling on his problems and imagining the absolute worse case scenarios for everything.

So wish me luck guys.

Good Luck! Hopefully everything goes opposite to your "worst case scenarios".

Arthea

Translation from Japanese to English for some games is probably expensive...

Even if it is this expensive, I'm not sure they are getting their money back with their price and game looking as it does any time soon.
Then again, I never understood VN prices.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Star Wars Battlefront now looks better than real life thanks to Toddyhancer mod

Star Wars Battlefront has some graphics. Hell, Star Wars Battlefront has ALL the graphics. DICE may have just released a incredible technical tour de force, but that doesn’t mean some seriously talented modder can’t come along and immediately make the Swedish studio’s already sumptuous work even better looking.

Enter Reddit’s Toddyftw - or Martin Bergman to people who don’t exist solely on the internet. This graphics wizard is fresh from making GTA V even more eyeball-arousing courtesy of his Toddyhancer mod:

Now he’s brought his flare for whisking up incredible lighting effects to Battlefront, with a host of spectacular imgur shots from his new Star Wars mod

Bergman has posted close to 100 screens if you want to treat your pupils to a truly massive fix of Stormtrooper-sponsored beauty. Though the Toddyhancer Battlefront mod won't be released to the public until a later date, Martin has already admitted it will have a significant impact on the game's performance - unless you have an insano rig, dips to 30-40 fps will be likely. Never say beauty doesn't come at a cost.

Deques

Even if it is this expensive, I'm not sure they are getting their money back with their price and game looking as it does any time soon.

But the graphics is hilarious :D

I wouldn't be getting a VN game, unless it's in a bundle. But even then the other games must be worth getting.

Dr Dogg

'Better' that real life? Oh fuck off it looks worse than the game in it's default shape. Anyone who applies that much sharpening that you can see halos without having to enlarge the image deserved to be poked in the eyes,

Lain

So wish me luck guys.

Don't worry. Worst case, we'll bring you the oranges.

I wonder if the game is tightly locked down (I didn't check), since thanks to currency conversions and the first week discount it's kinda cheap here and there.

More than anything, those 4 sample shots just look ultra sharpened to me.

The made 4x what they were asking for on Kickstarter so I'm pretty sure their costs are already covered. Licensing for VA and music on Japanese game translation is a complicated and expensive affair. There's just no way around these things.

That looks pretty lousy. Just keep sharpening the image and it suddenly looks like real life? Sheesh.

Arthea

I wonder if the game is tightly locked down (I didn't check), since thanks to currency conversions and the first week discount it's kinda cheap here and there.

I just checked, it doesn't have region specific apps, but cross region trading and gifting is disabled, so it doesn't matter anyway.

The made 4x what they were asking for on Kickstarter so I'm pretty sure their costs are already covered. Licensing for VA and music on Japanese game translation is a complicated and expensive affair. There's just no way around these things.

oh, that explains it!
wait...
So basically they think that as they already got all the money they needed, they can price it whatever, who cares?

edited: I'm just curious, was there an additional goal of redoing all artwork and how much that was if that's the case?

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-DA393DE63D4B6A90 - Taken by GERGiEV

take it

oh, that explains it!
wait...
So basically they think that as they already got all the money they needed, they can price it whatever, who cares?

Yes, they can price it whatever because they are the ones who get to choose what their work is worth. And you are free to make your purchasing decision based on whether you agree with their assessment.

But your sarcasm is absurd. You feel it should be cheaper because it was Kickstarted so "they already got all the money they needed"? Why not just ask for it to be free then? Is that how you imagine crowdfunding should work?

I just checked, it doesn't have region specific apps, but cross region trading and gifting is disabled, so it doesn't matter anyway.

oh, that explains it!
wait...

edited: I'm just curious, was there an additional goal of redoing all artwork and how much that was if that's the case?

I think its not SP who sets the price. Having worked with japanese publishers I kinda think it was them that wants to set the price that high.
I mean they still wanted to add physical DRM till SP discussed it with them and proposed against that idea.

Arthea

Yes, they can price it whatever because they are the ones who get to choose what their work is worth. And you are free to make your purchasing decision based on whether you agree with their assessment.

But your sarcasm is absurd. You feel it should be cheaper because it was Kickstarted so "they already got all the money they needed"? Why not just ask for it to be free then? Is that how you imagine crowdfunding should work?

Of course it's their choice, my sarcasm was directed at releasing the game in current state and pricing like it's a brand new game, when their kickstarter was very successful. You are free to disagree with me, of course, but there is nothing absurd about my statement, have you seen how it looks?

Crowdfunding should work in a way that lets devs to make good games while people vote with their wallets and help it to happen. I don't see what that has to do with ridiculous price for one poor region, not at all.

Then again, it's an empty talk as I'm not buying it in a current state and for this price, I was just expressing my shock at seeing that price, these are forums, we share opinions here, you know.

I think its not SP who sets the price. Having worked with japanese publishers I kinda think it was them that wants to set the price that high.
I mean they still wanted to add physical DRM till SP discussed it with them and proposed against that idea.

from customer's perspective, there is not much difference who does this stuff, result is the same and it still doesn't help anybody, including them, especially additional DRMs, but I guess people won't stop doing or trying anyway

I can actually rent and watch movies from MS Store. My MS account is set to US.

an account? Don't you mean a region too?

dex3108

an account? Don't you mean a region too?

Yeap that too. I forgot because English(US) is my default region setup since forever XD

But strange thing is that there is no registered purchase on my PayPall still.

Radeon Software Crimson Edition is officially out for AMD users...

RIP Catlyst Control Center

Yeap that too. I forgot because English(US) is my default region setup since forever XD

But strange thing is that there is no registered purchase on my PayPall still.

yeah...I have that PayPal Debit Card (so I can use my PayPal balance as a card) and bought a couple 10 cent games...still not showing up on my PayPal account as a purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom