• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

I did use that, the number's wrong though. I'm assuming due to Daylight Savings.

It's close enough for anyone who doesn't know a sale is coming ;)

Though at this point this is what, five fall sales in a row at exactly the same time (Wednesday before Thanksgiving)? It's somewhat predictable lol

As a top of the page edit I'll add that the Winter sale is December 22nd (which is late compared to prior sales) and will have no (or very few) dailies (which is completely new of course).

Mail-in rebates are an anti-consumer abomination and a total embarrassment to the PC hardware industry. Valve should feel disgraced that they allowed a trusted partner real-estate to fleece consumers like this. At their most honest they represent an interest-free loan to vendors at consumers expense; at their least honest they represent something approach illegal violations of truth in advertising laws. Consumer time and money should be respected. Valve is an 800 pound gorilla, which is why these vendors even made Steam Machines to begin with, and at the very least should use their weight to stamp out stuff that's this obviously toxic.

Computer parts are actually the only mail-in rebates I've never had any trouble with. Corsair has gotten me quite a few over the years. But hey, it's a long standing tradition dating back to discount computers with Compuserve rebates...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Mail-in rebates are an anti-consumer abomination and a total embarrassment to the PC hardware industry. Valve should feel disgraced that they allowed a trusted partner real-estate to fleece consumers like this. At their most honest they represent an interest-free loan to vendors at consumers expense; at their least honest they represent something approach illegal violations of truth in advertising laws. Consumer time and money should be respected. Valve is an 800 pound gorilla, which is why these vendors even made Steam Machines to begin with, and at the very least should use their weight to stamp out stuff that's this obviously toxic.

Trying to get to the dlc point in my NG++ playthrough of Bloodborne and I'm reminded of the terrible stuttering and performance issues. Console games fucking suck.

Wanted to get the Dark Souls II season pass while it was on sale but I just get a vague Oops! message when I try to check out. Thanks GameStop!

EDIT: Tried to pay with my card and it worked. Wouldn't go through when I was trying to pay with PayPal.

Dsyndrome

Trying to get to the dlc point in my NG++ playthrough of Bloodborne and I'm reminded of the terrible stuttering and performance issues. Console games fucking suck.

I haven't played the game since beating it back in April; hopefully not too hard to ramp back up in NG+.

-----------------------------------
Now that we have Steamspy, can't wait to see numbers to compare previous sales to this years' and whether their plan for no dailies or flash sales pans out.

Haunted

I bought Axiom Verge as a birthday present to myself and still haven't played it. :(
If you also have Ori and the Blind Forest, you already played the superior 2015 Metroidvania.

I deeply respect Tom Happ, because creating a game as ambitious and well-made as Axiom Verge almost completely singlehandedly is a fantastic feat, but honestly, I didn't really like playing it all that much and dropped it halfway through when I had too many dead-ends to investigate and it was the third time in short succession where I simply had no idea where to go.

It is classic Metroid... but classic Metroid isn't perfect. This one amplified all the problems I have with that style of game, though it does have its unique strengths with some modern ideas (the whole glitching system) and some impressively scaled boss sprites.

If you also have Ori and the Blind Forest, you already played the superior 2015 Metroidvania.

I deeply respect Tom Happ, because creating a game as ambitious and well-made as Axiom Verge almost completely singlehandedly is a fantastic feat, but honestly, I didn't really like playing it all that much and dropped it halfway through when I had too many dead-ends to investigate and it was the third time in short succession where I simply had no idea where to go.

It is classic Metroid... but classic Metroid isn't perfect. This one amplified all the problems I have with that style of game, though it does have its unique strengths with some modern ideas (the whole glitching system) and some impressively scaled boss sprites.

Having to keep track of where to go is a problem you have, not a problem in general. That is part of the game, and if it isn't enjoyable to (sometimes, have to) remember a spot that you couldn't advance, then figure out a way back to that area with a new ability, then the game isn't for you.

I just beat Axiom Verge a day ago — I've never played a game that rewarded exploration as often and as tangibly as this one. Can't even count the times I thought "I wonder if there's something over there," had to actually come up with something clever in order to get there, and found something worthwhile. It helps that there are a pretty high number of unique weapons to acquire. There's at least one that's really convoluted though (the
flamethrower
, which I would never have figured out on my own), but I appreciate the ingenuity for a modern game, particularly for a one-man game. The solidity of the progression, the traversal, the interconnectedness of the game world, and how completely the essence of Metroid was captured are undersold in your post.

The only objective problem I would give the game is the reliance on double-tapping in a direction for a movement based maneuver — even on d-pad, double-tapping a direction is almost never preferable to any other kind of input, doubly so for joysticks. The controls are customizable, but that seemed like something that'd break easily. I'm open to control suggestions as I still want to go back to the game for other secrets.

Tizoc

what are the chances bandai namco put Xenosaga 1- 3 on STEAM?

1 is good
2 is meh but has a nice battle system
3 is GOAT

Long as Klonoa 1 and 2 make it as well, you may have any Bamco remaster/re-release.

We just have to Sea Man

Seaguy is better
Seaguy.jpg

I thought the beta was already on? So sure I saw people play it!

Mmorpgs tend to have several beta phase before the final release date. However, BnS is kinda different, it has beta weekends instead. Beta is only live on weekends, starting from late October to November. I have also participated in the beta last week, too bad it's too laggy from here, 250 latency. :/

Tizoc

I just realized that all of the stuff in the Hunger Games are named after food and bread products.

Dragon ball and DBZ do something similar too.
Krillin is Kururuin in Japan and is named after a chestnut
The Ginyu Force are all named after diary products
All Saiyans are named after vegetables
etc.

Ban Puncher

"Hello, is this Mr. Puncher? Yes, we're calling to let you know that your new phone line will be installed on DECEMBER 7TH. Hello? Mr. Puncher? Are you still there?"

UC0P3wA.gif

Steam Inventories screw up sometimes. I'd wait a bit before entering panic mode.

I've personally had my inventory vanish for short periods only to fully reappear later in the day.
"Hello, is this Mr. Puncher? Yes, we're calling to let you know that your new phone line will be installed on DECEMBER 7TH. Hello? Mr. Puncher? Are you still there?"

UC0P3wA.gif
At least it's in 2015? I guess.

Fortunately, Valve has you covered! They've abolished daily sales, so no matter when you're available, the sales will be there for you.

Xanathus

Steam Inventories screw up sometimes. I'd wait a bit before entering panic mode.

At least it's in 2015? I guess.

Fortunately, Valve has you covered! They've abolished daily sales, so no matter when you're available, the sales will be there for you.

Yeah I'm thinking that they're setting up some Autumn sales cards and stuff. My wallpaper and badges are also missing. I can still select my badges and wallpapers so they're still there.

Lightly modding Fallout New Vegas was a lot less painful than the last time, the only snag was I accidentally put something in the Fallout 4 folder and it took me way to long to figure that out.

Anyone got any must have mods, nothing too crazy as I don't want to mess with the vanilla experience a whole lot.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Lightly modding Fallout New Vegas was a lot less painful than the last time, the only snag was I accidentally put something in the Fallout 4 folder and it took me way to long to figure that out.

Anyone got any must have mods, nothing too crazy as I don't want to mess with the vanilla experience a whole lot.

I'm pretty fond of the World of Pain mod. It uses all vanilla NV assets so it's a pretty light download. It's not too intrusive either, as it mainly adds doorways to the new underground and a simple shop/NPC in Goodsprings.

It features some really nice area building, with a lot of rooms that are just really nice to wander around and look at. Lots of care taken into making convincing spaces. The biggest draw back is that they're pretty demanding combat wise and mechanics wise, hence the name. You'll probably die a quite a bit more and go through supplies faster than usual, but I found that to be in the spirit of areas like The Glow and the Army Base from the original Fallouts.

There's also that mod that adds new snazzier effects to laser and plasma weapons. And I'd go for something that adds in new outdoor sky boxes. I want to say the one I settled on was called something like Nevada Skies. I remember it being pretty performance neutral but looking pretty good.

I'm pretty fond of the World of Pain mod. It uses all vanilla NV assets so it's a pretty light download. It's not too intrusive either, as it mainly adds doorways to the new underground and a simple shop/NPC in Goodsprings.

It features some really nice area building, with a lot of rooms that are just really nice to wander around and look at. Lots of care taken into making convincing spaces. The biggest draw back is that they're pretty demanding combat wise and mechanics wise, hence the name. You'll probably die a quite a bit more and go through supplies faster than usual, but I found that to be in the spirit of areas like The Glow and the Army Base from the original Fallouts.

There's also that mod that adds new snazzier effects to laser and plasma weapons. And I'd go for something that adds in new outdoor sky boxes. I want to say the one I settled on was called something like Nevada Skies. I remember it being pretty performance neutral but looking pretty good.

World of Pain seems cool, I'll try it out, I already have Nevada Skies and looks great.

Milamber

NMCs_Texture_Pack_For_New_Vegas because pretty textures are pretty.

Weapon Retexture Project because pretty weapons are pretty.

4GB Fallout New Vegas because 4 GB is pretty.

Bouncing Natural Breasts BECAUSE!

EDIT: If you can't be bothered for all of those, then just use Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition. Gets all my bugs and installs only essentials.

EDIT: I have never tried the Yukichigai Unofficial Patch - YUP as I always used MM so you can probably compare which is to your liking.

zkylon

zkylewd
dont forget about bouncy butts

here's my list, buddy: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=153420617&postcount=1624

it's mostly essentials and very nice must-haves

it's a bit outdated but it's a good list i think

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Sonic Music Now Available on Spotify

Hektor

Mordekaiser/Heimerdinger Bot lane

Only zky is allowed to talk about the league here.

Big R6 stream on right now, what a hot mess

http://oddshot.tv/shot/rainbow6-2015112447143

Am i a bad person if i'm kind of happy? I feel so overwhelmed by my current wishlist on steam (90 games), that im somehow relived that this game which i was initally looking forward to turns out to be bad and therefore does not add up to my backlog even more.

No longer.

Apparently more than a week ago they announced they were ceasing development and dramatically dropping the price. Thought that would have triggered a buying spree, seems like a lot of collectors missed it.

I got the game, i actually even kickstarted it. One of my more regrettable supports, Should've known better.

Just install the unofficial patches and you're good to go. Yes, they still haven't fixed the crashing issues.
And don't forget to save a lot in several slots. The game can break your save game.

Was it posted that the page for the Indivisible Prototype is now reachable on Steam?

Installing..

Off topic, kind of, but...

It's midnight here... So it's officially been a year since I last was dealing with suicidal urges and my last mental health episode!

It's not a long time, but I'm happy to have gotten as far as I have in a year - and I just want you guys to know that you're all fun to be around and make being around a little more bearable. :)

So to celebrate, how about a giveaway!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Enter the Dragon Punch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
TRANSFORMERS: Devastation -- MB-00E585D4A1CEB0CB - Taken by PetriP-TNT. 90 entrants total.

t1448438913z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom