• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

So, umm, since I switched to Vivaldi, what's the best extension to download Youtube videos?
Opera had a native one, which doesn't really work with Vivaldi.
Not seeing anything in Chrome Web Store, I'm guessing Big Google doesn't want people 'abusing' their service... So, is there anything that helps?

Tizoc

So, umm, since I switched to Vivaldi, what's the best extension to download Youtube videos?
Not seeing anything in Chrome Web Store, I'm guessing Big Google doesn't want people 'abusing' their service... So, is there anything that helps?

Try
Keepvid.com
JDownloader 2

The latter is a download manager, which also lets you dl audio from a YT video.

kurahador

But the graphics is hilarious :D
I wouldn't be getting a VN game, unless it's in a bundle. But even then the other games must be worth getting.

Well...that character does has the best reaction faces in the anime;
9i0q6sp.jpg
hIDXRkT.jpg

'Better' that real life? Oh fuck off it looks worse than the game in it's default shape. Anyone who applies that much sharpening that you can see halos without having to enlarge the image deserved to be poked in the eyes,

Coming from the guy who CA'ed everyone's avatar.

You monster.

Coreda

Youtube Center (development version, since the regular build is outdated), comes with an Opera Blink extension.

Use it all the time, along with youtube-dl for 1080p+, muxing, audio streams, etc (which many other programs use as a backend anyway). Has the benefit of a wide variety of supported sites.

Try
Keepvid.com

Eww, no. Edit: looks like they've dropped the Java applet at least, though it still outputs a list of all available streams without the benefit of muxing them (like youtube-dl).

dex3108

Win 10 Store is not bad for movies and TV Shows but it is a bit expensive for rentals. I mean 4$ is not that bad for a movie rent but 2$ would be perfect (at least for me).

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
No Plans to Bring Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 West, Developer Koei Tecmo Fears Backlash

Previously, we’ve been reporting on Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 with the hope that Koei Tecmo would eventually announce a western localization for the game – the publisher even teased the possibility if fans demanded it enough.

Now, we’re hearing a different story, if the community manager for the company is anything to go by. As spotted by some of our fans, the developer was seen responding to a fan inquiring for the game’s western release, over on their official Facebook.

“We do not bring DOAX3 to the west and won’t have any plan change in the future. Thank you for asking,” said Koei Tecmo, when asked if the game would be coming west.

The developer continued with a very troubling and foreboding message, as if our greatest fears are literally coming true regarding moral outrage and games being censored or abandoned:

“Do you know many issues happening in video game industry with regard to how to treat female in video game industry? We do not want to talk those things here. But certainly we have gone through in last year or two to come to our decision. Thank you.”

This is a stark contrast to what we’ve seen Koei Tecmo do previously, i.e. put out flagrantly violent and or sexualized games with little to no comment on how the outrage police in the west perceive said games.

I’ve reached out to Koei Tecmo’s PR in the hopes of getting some clarification, and I’ll update this article should I receive any.

Do I uninstall Catalyst before/after installing this?

Users have been saying CCC is still there after they install but, I think you can remove it beforehand.

That is sad.

Can't really blame them The U.S. is so critical about boobies it's dumb.

one change AMD made for Crimson...Frame Rate Target Control is now a per game setting...I believe it was a "global" setting before

That it was.

Deques

Youtube Center (development version, since the regular build is outdated), comes with an Opera Blink extension.

Use it all the time, along with youtube-dl for 1080p+, muxing, audio streams, etc (which many other programs use as a backend anyway). Has the benefit of a wide variety of supported sites.

Gave it a try, and wow! this is the missing piece that Youtube needs, which never will be added

I don't really brag, but I have found that my luck this week has been ridiculous. Between work going well, the weight I've lost and the free stuff I've had coming my way (a $100 gift card from a holiday party on Sunday, a pair of Beats Pro headphones I rescued from being thrown out in a dumpster yesterday), things are going very nicely. Hopefully I'll be fit by the new year.

bloke

Bounce that beach...
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Last Days of Spring Visual Novel Plus Soundtrack -- MB-F5574DB8EE1C9739 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Momodora III -- MB-07D177384A948560 - Taken by Kifimbo
Sword of Asumi - Deluxe Edition -- MB-097FE9B6063C7E95 - Taken by gurm3n
Orion: A Sci-Fi Visual Novel -- MB-DA26BE95379B13A7 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-3DEF417CB01BA481 - Taken by Saty
Divine Slice of Life -- MB-0ED7C162386B2A11 - Taken by salazar547
Beach Bounce -- MB-EA769DC7F3F658BD - Taken by Belgarion

It's been like that for awhile though.

It is still dumb though.

EDIT: After installing it seems CCC isn't even there for me so I don't know.

there are some "Radeon Additional Settings" that still use the old Catalyst UI for some strange reason (kinda like how Microsoft tries to blend about 800 different Windows UI differences into the look of Windows 10...no idea why AMD didn't just make a Crimson view for those as well)

the actual new Crimson Edition UI is very nice IMO

Buraindo

Well how about that. I'm pretty impressed.

Well, that is really impressive.
I do hope they keep it up, it'd be good to see a bit more competition.

Been playing some The Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone. I'm liking the new characters and the Ofieri gear. Got some tough fights too which is good, at least now I've an excuse to do some more treasure hunts and get better gear.

Off topic, kind of, but...

It's midnight here... So it's officially been a year since I last was dealing with suicidal urges and my last mental health episode!

It's not a long time, but I'm happy to have gotten as far as I have in a year - and I just want you guys to know that you're all fun to be around and make being around a little more bearable. :)

So to celebrate, how about a giveaway!
Very glad to hear things got better for you puncher.
This is just sad news. You should work on bringing games to people who want it, not fear backlash of those who won't either. Have some balls, man.
Looks really nice. Some parts almost fooled me. Bookmarked for once the complete edition gets cheap for me to jump.

there are some "Radeon Additional Settings" that still use the old Catalyst UI for some strange reason (kinda like how Microsoft tries to blend about 800 different Windows UI differences into the look of Windows 10...no idea why AMD didn't just make a Crimson view for those as well)

the actual new Crimson Edition UI is very nice IMO

Yeah I read up on that. It actually is pretty nice.

This is just sad news. You should work on bringing games to people who want it, not fear backlash of those who won't either. Have some balls, man.

It is sad but, think of the way it would go down. It would review poorly because [insert subject about misogyny here] and probably get a lot of heat, not to mention some soccer moms trying to get the game out of stores. That said though the publicity could be like GTA and just cause more sales despite the bad coverage that and if they were really that scared they could make it digital only. I think there are ways out of this but Koe don't wanna bother.

This coming from someone who doesn't even want the game.

Volimar

My Fallout 4 update.

I'm going through Fusion Cores like a junkie going through chems.

I hate the size limits for communities. Got a decent wall around Sanctuary Hills and most of my limit is taken up. Boo framerate and performance limitations.

Finally found Curie. She's an annoying companion. Back to Piper. Never did find Cait yet.

That Wazer Wifle tho...

Sarcasm

My Fallout 4 update.

I'm going through Fusion Cores like a junkie going through chems.

I hate the size limits for communities. Got a decent wall around Sanctuary Hills and most of my limit is taken up. Boo framerate and performance limitations.

Finally found Curie. She's an annoying companion. Back to Piper. Never did find Cait yet.

That Wazer Wifle tho...

Heads up the walls won't do much when your settlement is attacked. I tried lol.

dex3108

It is strange to see that Ubisoft is working on Warcraft movie :D (To be precise Hybride Technologies is working on some VFX and Hybride is owned by Ubisoft).

Volimar

Oh I forgot, the thing that pisses me off the most. "Wow, I'm so glad I cleared out this big brick easily defensible complex, but hey let's build a settlement next to that pile of rubble or that house that's boarded up that we can't use for anything, or the middle of a mirelurk infested swamp. Really?"

Heads up the walls won't do much when your settlement is attacked. I tried lol.

I know, sadly. It really just means I have to go around them to kill the bloatfly or whatever triggered the alert while gunners and raiders get in just fine. They're mostly for the look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom